Forum Settings
Forums
Noragami: Stray God
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 5, 9:39 AM

Apr 2021

I can't believe this manga is already over. Another great series has come to an end.

So Yato saved the day. And now everything's back to normal. Kazuma is still Yato's shinki and it was funny to see both Yato and Bishamon fight over it.
Hiyori forgets everything but eventually remembers and sees Yato again (probably my favorite moment in the chapter).

This manga is one of my fav series out there. Loved every bit of the story and the characters!!! I'm going to miss Yato, Hiyori, Yukine, and everyone else.

Hopefully, this gets a 3rd season soon.

Joel77Jan 5, 11:40 PM
Jan 5, 12:21 PM

Oct 2017
Such a long journey with this series which came to an end. Wish there was more to the ending though. It just ended with their reunion and her remembering him. That diary note was sweet btw. Gonna miss them.
MegamiRemJan 5, 9:10 PM
Jan 5, 12:51 PM
Nov 2022
Does anyone know an estimate for the English scan release?
Jan 5, 1:07 PM

Apr 2018
Wow. Wow, wow, wow, wow. My very favorite story has come to an end. It’s bittersweet. Thank you so much, Adachitoka. (‘= Thank you so much for the very first manga I ever bought. Thank you so much for all of the love, laughter, and edge of the seat moments this story contained. Thank you SO MUCH for bringing my all time favorite character into my life. Thank you so much for changing my life with this series. <3 Nearly six years I have been on this ride and it has been the best!!

Yatoite
★¸.•☆•.¸★ 𝒟𝑒𝓁𝒾𝓋𝑒𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓈 ★⡀.•☆•.★
May Our Fates Intertwine
Jan 5, 1:10 PM

Apr 2018
karrai said:

You can find it on the K Manga app! I purchased the final chapter on there for $2! (=

Yatoite
★¸.•☆•.¸★ 𝒟𝑒𝓁𝒾𝓋𝑒𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓈 ★⡀.•☆•.★
May Our Fates Intertwine
Jan 5, 5:56 PM
Jan 2019
I really missed seeing them smile again, it was so refreshing
Jan 5, 6:03 PM
Jan 2019
Reply to karrai
@karrai you can read it on fast moon’s tumblr !!
Jan 5, 8:23 PM
Apr 2021
🙏🏿 Dear Yato-sama please give me season 3 of this masterpiece I will submit 5 yen everyday in the shrine
Jan 5, 8:58 PM

Sep 2019
Reply to Joel77

I can't believe this manga is already over. Another great series has come to an end.

So Yato saved the day. And now everything's back to normal. Kazuma is still Yato's shinki and it was funny to see both Yato and Bishamon fight over it.
Hiyori forgets everything but eventually remembers and sees Yato again (probably my favorite moment in the chapter).

This manga is one of my fav series out there. Loved every bit of the story and the characters!!! I'm going to miss Yato, Hiyori, Yukine, and everyone else.

Hopefully, this gets a 3rd season soon.

Joel77 said:
From what I understood, it's a happy ending. In the first few pages, everyone's smiling and then we see them having fun. It looks like some time has passed since the incident. Hiyori's become a doctor :) and probably forgets Yato. But they meet at the end of the chapter
She remembers him though. Read the chapter again.
ArimaKanaJan 5, 9:59 PM
Jan 5, 10:00 PM

Sep 2019
Hope we get extra chapter with the volume release.
Jan 5, 10:10 PM
Oct 2021
It's finally over:(
I read the manga after watching anime I hope it gets more seasons
Don't worry, even if it isn't free I would pay 5yens to watch it
It was fun to read till the end
Jan 5, 10:11 PM

Jul 2011
Imo, it isn’t easy to write an ending that most readers will be satisfied with when it comes to serialized stories like manga. I try not to judge them the way I would a novel or movie because it seems that they have a much different writing/editing process and less control over when the story will end.
It’s hard to tie all the threads together when you can’t go back and adjust. It’s hard to maintain momentum and tone when your story is a 10+ year project.
It’s just my preference, but I like to go easy on manga endings.

I liked this finale! The joy I felt seeing Hiyori all grown up and smiling carried throughout the whole chapter.

Sure, I would have loved to see the gods challenged a little more or for more spotlight on the doomed love between a human and a god… but I think the series managed to keep consistent in its tone overall.
Moments rich in optimism, melancholic maturity, and always wanting the best for the people you love. The ending did a great job of conveying all of them together again for one final chapter.
Jan 5, 10:20 PM
Oct 2018
Reply to samspot8r8s
Imo, it isn’t easy to write an ending that most readers will be satisfied with when it comes to serialized stories like manga. I try not to judge them the way I would a novel or movie because it seems that they have a much different writing/editing process and less control over when the story will end.
It’s hard to tie all the threads together when you can’t go back and adjust. It’s hard to maintain momentum and tone when your story is a 10+ year project.
It’s just my preference, but I like to go easy on manga endings.

I liked this finale! The joy I felt seeing Hiyori all grown up and smiling carried throughout the whole chapter.

Sure, I would have loved to see the gods challenged a little more or for more spotlight on the doomed love between a human and a god… but I think the series managed to keep consistent in its tone overall.
Moments rich in optimism, melancholic maturity, and always wanting the best for the people you love. The ending did a great job of conveying all of them together again for one final chapter.
@samspot8r8s Absolutely, while I would love more closure on everything, like what happened to Yato's Dad? Did he get sucked back into the underworld? What are the other Gods doing and how do they react to treating Shinki from now onwards. This still felt... complete. I honestly still look back on my early reviews for the show and manga at how much I disliked some character's personalities (specifically Yukine) but god damn seeing them grow over the course of the whole manga organically and for the better is such a blessing. It was an amazing run and I wish Adachi-sensei all the best in their future endeavors from now on
Jan 5, 11:27 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to ArimaKana
Joel77 said:
From what I understood, it's a happy ending. In the first few pages, everyone's smiling and then we see them having fun. It looks like some time has passed since the incident. Hiyori's become a doctor :) and probably forgets Yato. But they meet at the end of the chapter
She remembers him though. Read the chapter again.
@ArimaKana Ah those were my initial thoughts when I read the raws, plus in the penultimate page where we see her diary, it says she met Yato so it's obvious she remembers him. A great ending to a great story!!
Joel77Jan 5, 11:37 PM
Jan 6, 12:22 AM

Sep 2019
Reply to Joel77
@ArimaKana Ah those were my initial thoughts when I read the raws, plus in the penultimate page where we see her diary, it says she met Yato so it's obvious she remembers him. A great ending to a great story!!
@Joel77 Was just making sure you didn't misunderstand the ending. NP.
Jan 6, 12:40 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to ArimaKana
@Joel77 Was just making sure you didn't misunderstand the ending. NP.
@ArimaKana Oh I see. Thanks bro.
Jan 6, 3:34 AM
Jul 2021
with this last chapter ; one of my favourite series came to an end !! The sweetness of the characters ; the storyline must touch your heart from its core and it wasn't exception for me !! Thanks the mangaka for delivering this masterpiece !! The reunion panel were enough to bring tears in your heart's eyes !!
I will be missing my favourite manga and there won't be new issue of this which may heal me from it !! ♥️
Jan 6, 4:40 AM
Mar 2019
She remembers him,I hope we could see them together.
Thank you for everything author ❤️
Jan 6, 4:52 AM

May 2015
So, I read the whole thing in like four days lol I enjoyed it a lot, but I felt that some things regarding Father and Nora at the end were kinda too convenient for the plot (don't get me wrong, I am glad that Nora had a happy ending!), but it's just me being nitpicking. It was a solid work from start to end. I'll keep an eye out for the next work of Adachitoka!
Jan 6, 5:26 AM
Aug 2021
I'm satisfied with the ending but damn i was expecting more when Hiyori meet Yato again.

Still a good manga which has ended in a good way !!

I had the pleasure to start it with the anime and then continue it with the manga for the last 3 years.

I'm gonna always cheer yor you Yato !!!

The last page is so beautiful.

Now can we have a season 3 ? haha

Pray to Yato-gami

[/quote]
Jan 6, 5:45 AM
Oct 2021
I can't believe it's over but also at least they finished it without dragging it out like every other manga.
I so wish we had a proper anime because it deserves it, the action and characters and so good.
Yato & Hiyori will always be a bit bittersweet though because they can't be together until she dies and even then she probably won't remember.
Jan 6, 5:56 AM
Mar 2015
I understand Yato’s manifestation with wolf boy and snake girl is comic relief but why they say it’s unintentional? So Hiyori was his only lifeline after all hence he was disappearing? (Don’t tell me it was cuz he overexerted himself with the CPR/poured his essence into saving her - that’s not even what saved her) However aren’t there families who still keep a shrine dedicated to him cuz they r indebted to him for his hitjobs?

Not the kinda ending I was looking forward to cuz it turned out a bit... bland?? Anyway, the previous couple of chapters were where all the emotionally intense stuff happened; but it's a proper ending nonetheless and the mangaka chose to keep it consistent in tone

Looks like it's been 8 years - such a ride! Loved all the precious memories of this manga and I'll keep them close to heart… Will buy the final two volumes when they come out and will definitely revisit in a few years
GavrocheN7Jan 6, 8:54 AM
Jan 6, 6:41 AM
Aug 2021
After reading the chapter the last panel made my day .
their smiles were very precious 💕
almost in some moments I got emotional,
and in the end moment it brought tears .
,🥺
respect the Hero YatoGod
thank you so much Adachikota for giving us such a great series.
Am i only one here 😞?who didn't find it good meanwhile other mangas getting anime adaption 

And on the other side, those animes which sequels Haven't announced yet 😟like Ataksuki no yona, Noragami,Ao haru Ride 
It's been many years like we didn't get any announcement. every year I always make hope like in this new year atleast new season would come but ...no news
I wanted share my words just 
😟 Maybe I'm very greedy 
Jan 6, 8:17 AM

Apr 2020
Unbelievably rushed... so disappointing... ended just like that?!

#I’m so grateful for the manga and the author for keeping going throughout her health problems.

Jan 6, 8:53 AM

Dec 2015
It's crazy this series is finally over. I love the color artwork we got, and it was nice that Hiyori remembered Yato in the end. Pretty happy overall with how it all wrapped up.
Maybe season 3 is more likely now? Not super confident, but I'm hopeful.
Jan 6, 9:50 AM

Apr 2016
Ah very nice ending to a very nice manga, I can't believe it finally ended after all this time!
I liked the part where Yato was crawling on his hands when his legs were disappearing lol
Even though it feels like maybe there could have been more I think this was a good end for the series
Jan 6, 10:23 AM

Apr 2013
I can't believe it's over, I've been reading this manga since 2014.

The conclusion was satisfied and realistic but I did not enjoy it as much as I thought.

.·:*¨ 𝕾𝖊𝖙 𝕸𝖊 𝕱𝖗𝖊𝖊 - 𝕵𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖈𝖆 𝕵𝖚𝖓𝖌 ¨*:·. 𓆩♡𓆪
𝟬:𝟱𝟱 ㅇ──────────────── 𝟯:𝟮𝟲
↺¹ |◁ ▷| ⋮≡
Jan 6, 11:20 AM

Nov 2014
this is it....? this is the end...? kinda anti-climatic if u ask me
Jan 6, 12:42 PM
Oct 2021
So the ending was a nice one! I love that Hiyori remembered Yato but is that it?? The interaction between them was short :(
Does anyone know based on this if there may be another release to this volume in February 2024?????
Jan 6, 2:17 PM

Mar 2014
Reply to GavrocheN7
I understand Yato’s manifestation with wolf boy and snake girl is comic relief but why they say it’s unintentional? So Hiyori was his only lifeline after all hence he was disappearing? (Don’t tell me it was cuz he overexerted himself with the CPR/poured his essence into saving her - that’s not even what saved her) However aren’t there families who still keep a shrine dedicated to him cuz they r indebted to him for his hitjobs?

Not the kinda ending I was looking forward to cuz it turned out a bit... bland?? Anyway, the previous couple of chapters were where all the emotionally intense stuff happened; but it's a proper ending nonetheless and the mangaka chose to keep it consistent in tone

Looks like it's been 8 years - such a ride! Loved all the precious memories of this manga and I'll keep them close to heart… Will buy the final two volumes when they come out and will definitely revisit in a few years
@GavrocheN7

"Wolf boy" and "Snake girl", how are you on the last chapter and you forgot their names...REEEEEE
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jan 6, 8:05 PM

May 2016
Oh the classic cowardly move of a time skip and a cliched ending, I haven't enjoyed the series the last arc so I am not surprised.
Curious thing I was thinking of Gegege Kitarou-san ending while reading this.
Jan 6, 8:09 PM

May 2015
It's been really nostalgic reading this chapter, it captured all the vibes that made this story what it is. Funny, beautiful, bittersweet. This is probably what was missing in the latest chapters, when it got heavy on fights and kinda confusing storyline. This chapter felt like a return to the essence of manga.

That said, the ending itself was so-so for me. In one page I made peace with Yato disappearing, then in another with him keeping watch over Hiyori, forever doomed to be forgotten and I actually liked the message of that, them staying apart where each belongs in their separate worlds and Yato not messing with human life anymore. But then, it turns on its head again, and Hiyori remembers him.... which is fine, I guess. It could be worse, it's a happy ending after all. But made me feel like it was all squished in one chapter to make more readers happy, a sort of safe ending.

It was a great story overall, I remember starting it 9 years ago, one of the first manga that I tried reading before watching anime, and I remember being fascinated with the art, it is truly outstanding. This manga also has one of the best and most likable casts of characters I've ever seen. There's really only one character I genuenely disliked, that is the Father, and this is also a compliment because creating a truly vilanous villain that you'd hate rather than sympathise with at some point is also an achievement. And those last chapters with his side of story didn't really change anything for me.

I hope this manga gets another season, it honestly deserves a full adaptation!
TenJan 6, 8:14 PM
Jan 6, 8:30 PM

Feb 2021
That's it? Hiyori meets Yato, and the story ends? I wish there were more interactions between the trio. At least we got the classic Noragami moments in this chapter, like Yato vs Bishamonten, Yato and Yukine saving people, and that goofy scene with Yato becoming a meme. It's been nearly five years since I started reading Noragami. I would have been satisfied if we had 2-3 chapters after the final battle with Father. Here's hoping that volume 27 will have some extra pages with the trio.
Jan 6, 11:07 PM

Feb 2020
Thank you, and I'll we'll miss you noragami... sad, sad day, but all good stories must come to an end. Great end to Yato.
Jan 7, 6:14 AM
Oct 2014
Damn so disappointing. I have the feeling that the last arc was rushed. Maybe not too much but certainly rushed
I HATE that the last chapter feels empty. Seriously guys, it’s funny and all but the story is about the love between yato and hiyori, and there’s nothing in the end. When hiyori looks at yato I started feeling my heartbeat increase and I thought “omg here we are” BUT NO. It ends like that. What a disappointment. What was the point in making them fall in love? Now we can only imagine whatever we like but it’s not ok in my opinion… what’s the point in letting us readers decide what happens between them? We want something official! I was so in love with these two and it ends in such an empty way…
Jan 7, 6:15 AM
Oct 2014
Reply to Aritabias
That's it? Hiyori meets Yato, and the story ends? I wish there were more interactions between the trio. At least we got the classic Noragami moments in this chapter, like Yato vs Bishamonten, Yato and Yukine saving people, and that goofy scene with Yato becoming a meme. It's been nearly five years since I started reading Noragami. I would have been satisfied if we had 2-3 chapters after the final battle with Father. Here's hoping that volume 27 will have some extra pages with the trio.
@Aritabias same, this chapter feels incomplete… no explanation, no interaction, nothing
Jan 7, 7:04 AM
Sep 2020
Reply to CandyDFighter
Damn so disappointing. I have the feeling that the last arc was rushed. Maybe not too much but certainly rushed
I HATE that the last chapter feels empty. Seriously guys, it’s funny and all but the story is about the love between yato and hiyori, and there’s nothing in the end. When hiyori looks at yato I started feeling my heartbeat increase and I thought “omg here we are” BUT NO. It ends like that. What a disappointment. What was the point in making them fall in love? Now we can only imagine whatever we like but it’s not ok in my opinion… what’s the point in letting us readers decide what happens between them? We want something official! I was so in love with these two and it ends in such an empty way…
@CandyDFighter same man, same. I wanted to see more of their interactions because I love them so much and wanted to see more of their relationship, like maybe Yato becoming a human and marrying Hiyori. I know that's wishful thinking, but still, I wanted to see some more of their relationship ):
Jan 7, 8:21 AM
Oct 2021
Reply to CandyDFighter
@CandyDFighter me too!
I loved the idea of hiyori and yato falling in love and was hoping they would somehow get together at the end.
But it’s ok, this ending was a sweet ending all the same. Loved this manga.
Maybe there will be some side chapters to this volume soon??
Jan 7, 9:03 AM
Oct 2014
Reply to s1k1b
@CandyDFighter same man, same. I wanted to see more of their interactions because I love them so much and wanted to see more of their relationship, like maybe Yato becoming a human and marrying Hiyori. I know that's wishful thinking, but still, I wanted to see some more of their relationship ):
@s1k1b I think the author didn’t know how to make their relationship possible since he’s a god and she isn’t. So she was like “ok I’ll let you decide” 😂 but it’s still not ok to me, you made this manga, now give me an ending that makes sense 😅
Jan 7, 9:04 AM
Oct 2014
Reply to lxherr12
@CandyDFighter me too!
I loved the idea of hiyori and yato falling in love and was hoping they would somehow get together at the end.
But it’s ok, this ending was a sweet ending all the same. Loved this manga.
Maybe there will be some side chapters to this volume soon??
@lxherr12 I really hope so, they’re my favorite couple and I’ve always hoped to see something romantic between them 😭😭😭
Jan 7, 9:39 AM
Sep 2020
Reply to CandyDFighter
@s1k1b I think the author didn’t know how to make their relationship possible since he’s a god and she isn’t. So she was like “ok I’ll let you decide” 😂 but it’s still not ok to me, you made this manga, now give me an ending that makes sense 😅
@CandyDFighter Yeah, I know he's a god, and she's a human. That's why I said, what if Yato turned human and married Hiyori that would've been the best, but that's just me talking. Yeah, the ending is good, but I'd have loved to see some more extra scenes (like a couple of more chapters) between them after she finds Yato again instead of ending just there T_T
Jan 7, 9:44 AM
Sep 2020
Reply to CandyDFighter
@lxherr12 I really hope so, they’re my favorite couple and I’ve always hoped to see something romantic between them 😭😭😭
@CandyDFighter Yeah, they are also my favorite couple, and I've been shipping them since season one and I wanted to see something romantic between them. I pray and hope they add some extra scenes/chapters of Hiyori and Yato in the volume.
Jan 7, 11:01 AM
Apr 2016
I can't believe that it's really over.
Such an amazing story, I loved every second of it (even thou I would love to know how it would continue).

Thank you Noragami, thank you for having gifted the name "Yato" to my cat, thank you for so many good memories and emotions.
Jan 7, 3:21 PM

Apr 2021
Rushed and underwhelming ending, not a single conversation between the trio in the last arc

Now give us a season 3
Jan 8, 11:45 AM
Jul 2022
NORAGAMI YOU WILL ALWAYS BE FAMOUS
Jan 8, 11:47 AM
Jul 2022
I'm completely overwhelmed. I started noragami when I was in high school in 2014 and I loved the anime and manga since the first second. I waited for months because of the hiatus and sincerely I thought that this masterpiece was never going to have a proper ending. I was so sad for a long period of time... I really wanted to know more about every character that I fell in love with.

Here I am 10 years later, the end is between us. I suddenly want to go back in time and tell my past self about every shiver I had, every tear I shed and every anger explosion I went through reading this magnum opus of manga. The only person who would understand all my excitement with a twinkle in their eye would be my 16-year-old self. Since I can't do that, I will always carry in my heart this unique story with incredible characters.

I hope that in the future we can have a third season of the anime and some kind of spin of about their lifes during Hiyori's adulthood, cause the world of Noragami is so rich, it could easily have more interesting stuffs to pull out.

With a bittersweet feeling in my heart: Noragami is over, but will never be forgotten🤧

Jan 8, 3:47 PM

Dec 2020
after 5 years of reading, its over. gonna miss them so so bad, im glad it had a happy ending though :(
Jan 8, 9:37 PM
Sep 2020
Reply to lahbonie
I'm completely overwhelmed. I started noragami when I was in high school in 2014 and I loved the anime and manga since the first second. I waited for months because of the hiatus and sincerely I thought that this masterpiece was never going to have a proper ending. I was so sad for a long period of time... I really wanted to know more about every character that I fell in love with.

Here I am 10 years later, the end is between us. I suddenly want to go back in time and tell my past self about every shiver I had, every tear I shed and every anger explosion I went through reading this magnum opus of manga. The only person who would understand all my excitement with a twinkle in their eye would be my 16-year-old self. Since I can't do that, I will always carry in my heart this unique story with incredible characters.

I hope that in the future we can have a third season of the anime and some kind of spin of about their lifes during Hiyori's adulthood, cause the world of Noragami is so rich, it could easily have more interesting stuffs to pull out.

With a bittersweet feeling in my heart: Noragami is over, but will never be forgotten🤧

@lahbonie THIS!!! I also watched Noragami when I was in high school. I loved everything about it, especially the relationship between Yato and Hiyori, and I really wanted to see a season 3. Still, it never happened, so I was really sad when I heard about the manga ending. So, everything you said resonated deeply within me and made me emotional again because I won't be able to see any more of their stories 🙂. I really wanted to see a romantic ending for Yato and Hiyori because I loved them so much ever since the start of the anime. I hoped the manga ending would've had more interactions between them, like maybe Yato marrying Hiyori after becoming human. I know that's just me wanting to see more of my favorite couples, but I still hoped they would at least show some more interactions between them in the last chapter instead of ending it just there ):
Jan 8, 11:31 PM
Apr 2023
it was a warm chapter, can anybody tell when's the last chapter or it ended
Jan 9, 5:50 AM

Jan 2017
Reply to vnilya
I really missed seeing them smile again, it was so refreshing
@vnilya depressing but real af
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noragami Chapter 69 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2016

18 by Kevin_Forero »»
Apr 19, 7:22 PM

Poll: » Did the ending meet expectations?

Spider-Man94 - Jan 15

14 by gswelcome »»
Mar 13, 1:45 PM

» About Father

robal15 - Jan 25

2 by robal15 »»
Jan 25, 4:19 AM

» Chapter count

Veck8699 - Jan 20

2 by TheColdMayor »»
Jan 21, 1:23 AM

» Ending soon

OvergrownRover - Oct 31, 2023

16 by Daddy-Lucifer »»
Jan 13, 10:59 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.