Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 3, 2:51 AM
Dec 2023
I watched till episode 11 and am really hyped for episode 12. To be honest, as someone who watched over 500 anime series, I found Butareba a really great anime. I can't understand why western people are hating it? It is really well recieved in Asia and particularly Japan. I know there are some delay issue but it was same with Zom 100 (which is a great series too), therefore it doesn't explains the hate and below 6 ratings it got here
I think majority of western fandom thinks if an anime have fan service, it is bad. Why don't we all rate it for story instead of synopsis? Trust me this show is Dark and serious instead of your typical fan service animes. Atleast watch it completely before hating. It hurts to me as an anime fan. This show is an easy 8/10 in my opinion but I gave it 10/10 so its ratings can increase...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 3, 2:57 AM
Jul 2021
because the MC is... eh... "different"
Jan 3, 3:01 AM
Apr 2021
When I give a score to an anime, I always take into account the mental condition of the MC. This one is something...
Jan 3, 3:03 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to SoupFerrero
@SoupFerrero I know majority of western fans hate it for this reason alone. But is it a good enough reason? Obviously not. The world building, the concept, music, animation, etc all are very good.

It would have been creepy if it was an actual pig but he have a human brain, also it's not like they are fucking each other or something. As someone from asia, I can confirm that it is really well recieved here.

I will feel bad for author and animation studio if they got hate like this for such a stupid reason despite giving it their best.
Jan 3, 3:06 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to CreeperGames
When I give a score to an anime, I always take into account the mental condition of the MC. This one is something...
@CreeperGames Ya I respect your opinion but we all are somewhat pervert, some people show it, some people hide it. It doesn't makes us bad if we have lewd thoughts.

Also I think this anime did really great in every other aspect from music to animation to world building, so we should not focus on MC too much.....
Jan 3, 3:15 AM
Sep 2021
Weird-but-true said:
I watched till episode 11 and am really hyped for episode 12. To be honest, as someone who watched over 500 anime series, I found Butareba a really great anime. I can't understand why western people are hating it? It is really well recieved in Asia and particularly Japan. I know there are some delay issue but it was same with Zom 100 (which is a great series too), therefore it doesn't explains the hate and below 6 ratings it got here
I think majority of western fandom thinks if an anime have fan service, it is bad. Why don't we all rate it for story instead of synopsis? Trust me this show is Dark and serious instead of your typical fan service animes. Atleast watch it completely before hating. It hurts to me as an anime fan. This show is an easy 8/10 in my opinion but I gave it 10/10 so its ratings can increase...

I am with I just caught up with it yesterday it's better than most of the garbage isekais and has a good story an characters are also good
Jul 2021
Weird-but-true said:
@SoupFerrero I know majority of western fans hate it for this reason alone. But is it a good enough reason? Obviously not. The world building, the concept, music, animation, etc all are very good.

It would have been creepy if it was an actual pig but he have a human brain, also it's not like they are fucking each other or something. As someone from asia, I can confirm that it is really well recieved here.

I will feel bad for author and animation studio if they got hate like this for such a stupid reason despite giving it their best.

i can only speak for myself. I'm not a really big fan of an MC with a perverted personality/mindset. Like Rudeus.
Also... Old man and a female Teenager.. yea...
Apr 2021
Weird-but-true said:
@CreeperGames Ya I respect your opinion but we all are somewhat pervert, some people show it, some people hide it. It doesn't makes us bad if we have lewd thoughts.

Also I think this anime did really great in every other aspect from music to animation to world building, so we should not focus on MC too much.....

I agree with the fact that apart from the MC, the anime is great. At first, I gave the anime a 2 because I couldn't find something good about it. In the 3 last episodes, it became more interesting, so I raised my score, and I will raise it again depending on the final episode. But it is awkward to watch such an anime with an MC that can't control himself. You better hide your feelings when you behave like him.

Overall, the anime is indeed fine, the story is great, and the environment (musics, landscapes, etc) is beautiful.
Jan 3, 3:27 AM
Jan 2022
Weird-but-true said:

the story is definetly interesting in a good way. I'll probably rate it a 7 or 8. I rate based mostly on enjoyment and things like animation and many other things can knock that down a bit. And speaking of animation, towards the later episodes, the aite i watch it on had a lot of comments complaining about the downgrade in quality, which i noticed as well. But the story itself, as well as the characters, were pretty good compared to most isekai nowadays which follow the same generic template (like cheat skill for example, it was ass). This has an original story and was a good watch, so i'd say it's probably a 7 or 8 for me depending on the final episode. I think it probably has a negative stigma to it since the MC is an animal, and a pig at that. Most people probably didnt give it a chance for that reason, especially if they watched any of inukai-sanas dog anime lol they'll probably never trust any anime with an animal mc after that one
Jan 3, 3:59 AM

Sep 2022
Weird-but-true said:

Probably most of it is because of the main character being an "adult" pig with some perversions who travels with a teenager.

Unfortunately, no one is smart enough to understand that if something like this bothers them, then they shouldn't even watch anime likes this in the first place.

Jan 3, 4:08 AM
Jan 2024
People don't realize how many layers it has... it has such a sociological deeper meanings that are hard to grisp even they often bring it to surface, feels like the MC itself getting the grisp of the world little by little.

One of the many deeper stuff is monogamy as a system literally made to turn woman into the first private property of man. Of course, in the show, we see this in a "more comfortable" way, woman=Yesma, King saying this is more ethic than how it was before (which might even be right about monogamy aswell, but it's time for it to be surpassed due to it's horrors) - the way MC deals with her and Notos is explicitly non-monogamous, and that's the surface of this deeper concept directly explored, and I must say they really got it on point there.

Joining all that back to the topic, I must say this is also a reason why western culture isn't that ready for it. Appeal to absurd, pervert and questionable MC dealing with what western culture has as most fragile and core to it's societies.
Jan 3, 4:47 AM
Apr 2020
1. Mc is a pig
2. Poor production
Jan 3, 6:09 AM
Nov 2018
@Weird-but-true I like it. Couldn't put up with Pig anymore I might give the episodes I haven't watched another shot after the 12th one.
Jan 3, 6:19 AM
Nov 2018
Weird-but-true said:

For some people it is a good enough reason to drop a anime if the MC is annoying. The story could be a masterpiece, but it can be easily ruined if the person you have to share the story with is off putting in ways.
Jan 3, 6:53 AM
Nov 2019
Weird-but-true said:

Imo this show is at best 4 or 5/10 it’s just generic and overall not that interesting. It’s gotten a bit more interesting with the recent eps and revelations but other than that it was pretty bland throughout the middle and there’s a lot of other shows in the same genre that are way better. Though the concept is different as far as the mc being a pig that’s about all it has going for it.
Jan 3, 6:56 AM

Jun 2016
so much dark vibes from this show ..
but this show totally deserved attention because plot story is really good than you though !!
Jan 3, 8:21 AM
Oct 2019
See after the recent airing of inukai's dog most people probably assumed it was going to be the same thing and a lot of people are already tired of isekai shows. Hence, many probably didn't give this one a shot. Wouldn't say it's great either but it's not bad.
Jan 3, 7:15 PM
Dec 2023
Weird-but-true said:

i mean, he said a 13 year old has sexy legs šŸ˜­ but personally i like it for a few reasons. a lot of it i just find silly and funny because you know, hes a perverted pig lol. but the artstyle is genuinely so beautiful, and other than the pig part which I can't take seriously, it has a pretty interesting plot. I get why people dislike it though, cause he is a creep lol.
Jan 4, 4:51 AM
Sep 2020
Cuz it’s weird bro, pretty simple
Jan 4, 5:26 AM

Jun 2016
Is it just me or is this anime called "pig's liver"? As in the organ my good friends Jack Daniel and Jim Beam decided to murder?
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jan 4, 6:51 PM
Sep 2017
Honestly, I watch almost every isekai and fantasy that comes out regardless of quality and like most of them. I enjoyed Arifureta so much i read the light novel and like that too. I likes the smartphone anime and am looking forward to season 3. I liked Death March, the weird roman isekai master of ragnarok, black summoner, the pharmacy one, the other pharmacy one, the farming one, the other farming one ( this one was much better), the cheat skill one (all of them), the gender swap one, the other gender swap one but this time its a game, etc. you get the point. I'm a man with trash tastes and fully embrace this fact. This one however, I just don't like. Most of the technical parts of the anime are pretty good but its the source material itself I just don't enjoy...somehow.

It started off with how the idea of a person being reincarnated into the body of a pig doesn't fit the tone the story is going for. This is a dark story covering many heavy topics and our MC is a useless literal pig. All these atrocities going on and our female lead being constantly in danger and our MC is a pig. Sure he is weird but I have seen weirder so that's not really a problem. He is a pig and cant do anything else other that talk and be weird while talking, that's it. At least the other weird isekai MCs go around freeing slaves and building harems while fighting monsters. This one is a pig, bastard barely even oinks. Even with the vending machine anime, he contributes to fight scenes and the surrounding cast pulls their weight with personality and inter-character dynamics.
this pig is useless. Pigs and boars are the same just one is wild and the amount of damage a pig can give and take to/from a person is absurd so how is our MC going to almost die from a single stab wound when actual boars need to be stabbed directly in the heart. The surrounding casts doesn't really have that much in terms of personality either. Even though the anime is mostly characters talking, I cant help but feel like nothing is really being said. Most of the dialogue is just pig being a pervert then asking the female lead to ignore his thoughts, the female lead teasing the pig and the other male talking about how dangerous the trip is.

On top of that the plot/world-building itself makes little to no sense especially with what we learned in episode 11. Starting off, despite it being common knowledge that Yethman are hunted in this world when they embark on their journey, no one decides to help them outside of providing safe shelter. How are places known to be high hunting areas and no one decides to provide security in these areas to hunt the hunters.
as far as we can see, the citizens are just fine with all this known crime happening. This isn't like the obvious comparison to the American underground railroad where it was illegal to help escaped slaves so people had to do it in secret less they be fined or jailed, in this world they have no reason for people who care about the Yethman to not form up a vigilante militia and just hunt hunters. Especially considering that the things done by the hunters are illegal, so at the very least the police should be more involved

I came in expecting another silly isekai, with high expectations considering how enjoyable the sword and vending machine ones were. I got a silly isekai that suddenly turned serious anime, and was fine with it but it just started making less and less sense and becoming less and less enjoyable and the flaws were becoming harder to ignore. I'm glad people are out there who enjoy this anime like I enjoy my other trashy isekai but this one just wasn't one I ended up liking sadly enough.
Jan 5, 6:38 AM
Oct 2020
Reply to Weird-but-true

Weird-but-true said:
As someone from asia, I can confirm that it is really well recieved here.

Same here (someone from Asia), I have absolutely no idea why people from the English speaking communities reacted to this so negatively.

I have already caught to LN volume 7 and this is definitely one of the most immersive isekai series I have read (besides The Twelve Kingdoms). I have to agree that the anime might not be doing its best (esp THAT episode) but the LN is truly an amazing journey.
Jan 5, 7:30 AM

Oct 2018
Reply to SoupFerrero
@SoupFerrero And that's a good thing.
Jan 5, 7:40 AM

Jun 2016
Reply to Miscanthus
@SoupFerrero And that's a good thing.
@Miscanthus He's not kosher though.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jan 5, 7:43 AM

Oct 2018
Reply to Theo1899
@Miscanthus He's not kosher though.
@Theo1899 Not halal as well
Jan 6, 6:04 AM

Sep 2007
Personally I didn't "hate" the anime but I was definitely turned off by the "title" having "Pig's Liver" in it....I mean the only reference to the title that I recall at the moment is the MC eating Pig's liver before he died/Isekai'd?
I don't know if the source material ever brings it up again but that's gotta be one of the most random unexplained titles ever...
I also personally have never eaten "pig's liver" but it sounds unappetizing to me...which piles on the negativity (in terms of first impressions)

But I managed to give the anime a chance, I'm sure there were probably others that had the same beforementioned mindsight but decided not to give it a chance.
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jan 6, 3:32 PM

Jan 2019
Majority of the western audience doesn't have enough critical thinking to disagree with western influencers. They are afraid to like things that aren't trending. It is demonstrated by their anger/dislike claims having no personal substance. Never their own thoughts - just echoes.

Just hypothesizing that it could also be that as western media in general is going down the drain. Those who stigmatized anime throughout their life are more and more being guided into anime as the alternative entertainment, yet they cannot admit to others or themselves that they now like it. So by peer pressure and guilt they follow the loudest bunch and end up rating everything low.

Another option is that perhaps many just aren't grasping the story beyond the pig element? Many don't reach beyond it by prior influence and many just don't.
If most people would think deeply of things, the world would probably go to sh*t. :b
Jan 6, 11:57 PM

Sep 2018
Probably a lot of edgelords looking at the English title "I want to eat your liver" and thought it was a horror show.

The literal translation of the Japanese title is "cook the pig liver" so they thought they were watching something totally different.
Jan 7, 1:15 AM
Jul 2022
Honestly for me, the story/plot is the best thing about the show, the last couple of episodes really opened up the world building and I appreciate that. But sadly I dont rate things solely based on the plot, I hardly like any of the characters in the show, they are just not interesting to me or do things that just don't sit right with me (my dude made knifes out of bones from his crush, thats weird right?). The comedy of the show is much to be desired, the dancing pig kinda cringe for me tbh. Also the animation was average at best when the anime first aired but due to production issues, it dropped off hard. Episode 9 was one of the worst I've seen in a while. I wont judge anyone for liking this show, it does have its merit but sadly its just a below average Isekai for me. I'm glad you are liking it @Weird-but-true but thats just my opinion with the show, but everyone is different and thats what makes anime so great.
Jan 7, 10:20 AM

Jun 2019
Ikano said:
I also personally have never eaten "pig's liver" but it sounds unappetizing to me...which piles on the negativity (in terms of first impressions)

How you'll find the taste depends most likely on how you receive other livers in general. Cooking method and style, as always, plays a big role in how appetizing or not it can be, like anything else, but overall it has a much more gamey (gamey in a negative way) concentrated iron taste to me than poultry ones like chicken liver, duck liver, and goose liver; or calves' liver or even regular mature beef liver when the latter isn't burned or boiled to death. All organ meats, regardless of the animal they belong to, to some extent taste like the function they perform in the body, either in traces fleetingly or overwhelmingly in an overpowering way. Liver is tasked with filtering all the blood, blood is iron-rich, and partly as a result of that the taste of liver from all animals in all styles can have an undercurrent of a metallic iron taste. Just like pig kidneys can still taste faintly of urine and pig intestines...you don't want to know.
WatchTillTandavaJan 7, 10:25 AM
Jan 7, 2:29 PM

Sep 2007
Reply to WatchTillTandava
Ikano said:

How you'll find the taste depends most likely on how you receive other livers in general. Cooking method and style, as always, plays a big role in how appetizing or not it can be, like anything else, but overall it has a much more gamey (gamey in a negative way) concentrated iron taste to me than poultry ones like chicken liver, duck liver, and goose liver; or calves' liver or even regular mature beef liver when the latter isn't burned or boiled to death. All organ meats, regardless of the animal they belong to, to some extent taste like the function they perform in the body, either in traces fleetingly or overwhelmingly in an overpowering way. Liver is tasked with filtering all the blood, blood is iron-rich, and partly as a result of that the taste of liver from all animals in all styles can have an undercurrent of a metallic iron taste. Just like pig kidneys can still taste faintly of urine and pig intestines...you don't want to know.
@WatchTillTandava Personally the only liver I've ever eaten was cow liver (I think) and it was definitely dry/"gamey"/a mouth full of iron like you say.
'course the restaurant that I tried it at served it like a huge chunk like they thought it was a slab of steak which I'm sure didn't help with the taste....

Clearly the skill of the cook probably also affects whether the things tastes good, decent, or bad as well but my first impression of "eating liver" personally bombed after that and I don't dare try it (anything with "liver" in the name) again unless I see a picture of the dish beforehand that looks appetizing or I'm starving and there's no other choice.

But again, other's might not have experienced it and STILL get turned off.
For some context I really like eating Cow stomach lining and Chicken Feet/claws....I know some people merely cringe when they hear "chicken claws???" without even giving a chance to look at the dish.

Anyhow....starting to go off topic a bit lol....
The TL;DR is due to some cultures and/or how people eat things when growing up...some stuff just automatically sounds off putting than other things.
IkanoJan 7, 2:33 PM
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jan 7, 4:55 PM

Aug 2022
about MC being a pig ... it's ok if someone doesn't like it but hate is not acceptable!
about hating fan service....
Because most of them are brainwashed by.......... and they are proud of it! if you say something else you are a bad guy / nazi / virgin / ETC!
I just want to remind them It's just an entertainment product and even voice actors are adults! no need to be mad!
1WanteD1Jan 7, 5:02 PM
Jan 7, 5:18 PM

Aug 2020
Cus the perverted pig as the male lead is giving anime watchers too much realism and PTSD.
Keep scrolling
Jan 9, 7:51 AM
Jul 2016
Jan 9, 8:41 PM

Apr 2008
I've got two main issues. One, it's disjointed. The setting is interesting, particularly for the low standards of isekai, but what does the whole pig reincarnation contribute to it? Why mix it with a psychic maid fetish? What can possibly make it sensible to spend part of every episode looking at a weird ostrich face? The pieces don't appeal to the same interests and mix poorly together. Two, the characters just aren't fun to follow. I'd like to see how the setting resolves, but that's all. The time spent with the characters between revelations feels like a delay. More compelling personalities could make a dark setting like this so much more emotional. Or at the very least the developments could be sprinkled more evenly.
Jan 11, 9:16 AM
Nov 2018
The main reason for the low score is that this was classified as a comedy at first, the poster also made it look that way. So a lot of people were expecting something different. After 2nd or 3rd ep the score went downhill because it was clear this wasn't the comedy that people expected. I think they only changed poster and genre at ep 11 lol
Synopsis doesn't help much either, it still make it look more like a comedy.
To me, this anime is a 8/10.
Jan 12, 6:34 AM
Apr 2021
if the author wanted people to like this series why did he use bait that only some people like? The title and story are good, maybe if the production is on par with Mushoku Tensei, even though the MC is like a pig, at least people will watch it.
Jan 12, 11:07 AM

Nov 2013
Reply to CreeperGames
Weird-but-true said:

I agree with the fact that apart from the MC, the anime is great. At first, I gave the anime a 2 because I couldn't find something good about it. In the 3 last episodes, it became more interesting, so I raised my score, and I will raise it again depending on the final episode. But it is awkward to watch such an anime with an MC that can't control himself. You better hide your feelings when you behave like him.

Overall, the anime is indeed fine, the story is great, and the environment (musics, landscapes, etc) is beautiful.
CreeperGames said:
But it is awkward to watch such an anime with an MC that can't control himself

Main girl can read your mind, how hide lol
Jan 12, 11:26 AM
Nov 2021
I see nothing wrong with the anime, why would anyone hate it? (?_?)
Jan 13, 2:21 PM

Sep 2018
When is it's final episode airing?
Jan 13, 9:46 PM

Mar 2013
god I love this anime, when is the last episode coming out T_T, been searching every week for it now...
Jan 14, 3:36 AM
Sep 2022
simply, MC is a PIG. and mostly ppl don't accept that
Jan 14, 7:01 AM
Oct 2020
Reply to MASTERCRAFT938
MASTERCRAFT938 said:
i got spoiled form the LN. MC gets cucked, and i dislike ntr.

I have read the LN up to volume 7 and there wasn't, and won't have, any NTR / MC getting cucked in the entire story. Where did you get that idea from?
Jan 15, 11:49 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to Kinofhera
MASTERCRAFT938 said:
i got spoiled form the LN. MC gets cucked, and i dislike ntr.

I have read the LN up to volume 7 and there wasn't, and won't have, any NTR / MC getting cucked in the entire story. Where did you get that idea from?
@Kinofhera it's the usual puritan shit, they feel their waifu got soiled for the silliest of reasons
bruh
Feb 11, 11:09 AM
Jul 2016
Reply to FullyCharged
@Kinofhera it's the usual puritan shit, they feel their waifu got soiled for the silliest of reasons
@FullyCharged I don't care about that. The issue for me is that pig MC literally told Jess to go f*** other dudes. MC saqs xD
Feb 11, 12:30 PM

Feb 2014
Three hypothesis:

(1) The most obvious one is that the MC is a pig. People can´t accept that regardless anything else, specially when intimately/affectionately interacting with female characters.
(2) Low production value.

In general, I think the anime is not bad and got an interesting story and likeable characters. On a personal level, the one that hit me harder was (3). I wasn´t caring for (1) cause he was a good pig/human(?) xD and he cares for her. The (2) wasn´t much a problem in every episode, but in specific episodes from the 2nd half, that was when it hit harder.
TechOtakuFeb 11, 12:44 PM
Feb 11, 9:16 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to MASTERCRAFT938
@FullyCharged I don't care about that. The issue for me is that pig MC literally told Jess to go f*** other dudes. MC saqs xD
MASTERCRAFT938 said:
The issue for me is that pig MC literally told Jess to go f*** other dudes.

Which volume and chapter?

Or simply just stop trolling.
Feb 12, 12:54 AM
Jul 2016
Reply to Kinofhera
MASTERCRAFT938 said:
The issue for me is that pig MC literally told Jess to go f*** other dudes.

Which volume and chapter?

Or simply just stop trolling.
@Kinofhera On episode 12. He wants to stay with her, but says it's better for her to make a family in the royal family. Just to end regret it and go back to her. Weak mc. xD
MASTERCRAFT938Feb 12, 12:58 AM
Feb 12, 1:39 AM
Oct 2020
Reply to MASTERCRAFT938
@Kinofhera On episode 12. He wants to stay with her, but says it's better for her to make a family in the royal family. Just to end regret it and go back to her. Weak mc. xD
MASTERCRAFT938 said:
He wants to stay with her, but says it's better for her to make a family in the royal family.

For the love of god that's called a break-up!

Do you actually know what does NTR mean? Stop spreading incorrect information if you have no idea what you are talking about.
Feb 13, 1:12 PM
Apr 2020
Reply to Kinofhera
MASTERCRAFT938 said:
He wants to stay with her, but says it's better for her to make a family in the royal family.

For the love of god that's called a break-up!

Do you actually know what does NTR mean? Stop spreading incorrect information if you have no idea what you are talking about.
@Kinofhera Its funny how he said weak MC where in reality the strong one is the one who can let go, move on and double it to the next person.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Buta no Liver wa Kanetsu Shiro Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Feb 5

71 by Playcool »»
Apr 21, 3:59 AM

Poll: » Buta no Liver wa Kanetsu Shiro Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2023

31 by PedroKarim64 »»
Apr 21, 12:13 AM

Poll: » Buta no Liver wa Kanetsu Shiro Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2023

36 by PedroKarim64 »»
Apr 20, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Buta no Liver wa Kanetsu Shiro Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2023

51 by lasodamos »»
Mar 6, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Buta no Liver wa Kanetsu Shiro Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2023

38 by lasodamos »»
Mar 2, 2:30 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.