Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 17, 2023 12:42 PM
Mar 2022
Reply to ZXEAN
@Utashi_10 1000+ chapters in 250-300 episodes seems right.
@ZXEAN it is probably more than that. One Piece has pretty dense chapters
Dec 17, 2023 12:45 PM
Mar 2022
Reply to animejas
@quercifolia I'll take it. Feel like there are many others that need a remake more badly than this, but a better version of earlier stuff that I already enjoyed and handled by a much, much better studio than Toei (especially with the older episodes being considered) sounds fun for sure. I don't know if this would release weekly with Netflix or all at once but if it is weekly, will be weird seeing this and the original One Piece anime air simultaneously together.
@animejas better schedule, not better studio. Toei is a pretty big studio and has created many classics.
Dec 17, 2023 12:47 PM
Mar 2022
Reply to Early_Morning
What's the point of doing this while the original anime is still airing and won't be ending anytime soon? What happens when this remake catches up to the original series given its much faster pacing?

Also this feels pointless because as someone said, the first 200 episodes or so have decent pacing already anyway, it's only the animation that looks bad but that doesn't warrant an entirely new series imho.
@Early_Morning it definitely won’t catch up. The manga is almost over
Dec 17, 2023 2:11 PM
Aug 2020
Cool I guess but I don’t really see the point. I hear people say it will finally fix pacing issues but I never felt any issues with the pacing until post-time skip. If it’s just a remake of the east blue then I still don’t get it I mean the original still holds up perfectly and we JUST got the live action. It’s harmless though I guess
Dec 17, 2023 2:44 PM
I love femboys.

Sep 2022
Reply to Zekkenshin
@GoatPieceLuffy Let me guess, Wano is peak while Marineford is mid.
@Zekkenshin nah, both are classic's.
I prefer marineford story wise and Wano fighting wise.
๐™Š๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™‹๐™ž๐™š๐™˜๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™˜๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ง๐™›๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š. - ๐™•๐™–๐™˜๐™
Dec 17, 2023 3:49 PM
Jun 2023
ZXEAN said:
Wit studio keep making most unexpected announcement. I wonder what next Tokyo Ghoul remake????

if tokyo ghoul would get a remake, i wonder if the 2nd cour would be done better.
Dec 17, 2023 4:17 PM

Jun 2019
Why would there ever be a remake of an ongoing series?
Dec 17, 2023 4:20 PM
I love femboys.

Sep 2022
Reply to WatchTillTandava
Why would there ever be a remake of an ongoing series?
@WatchTillTandava It's the most popular anime of all time so that's probably why.
๐™Š๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™‹๐™ž๐™š๐™˜๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™˜๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ง๐™›๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š. - ๐™•๐™–๐™˜๐™
Dec 17, 2023 5:17 PM

Sep 2014
An absolutely insane remake to do with just how vast it is. Curious how they are gonna tackle it, movie, normal season series, just getting One Piece shortened up with all new animation is gonna be wild. I'm curious if there are going to be any notable tweaks or adjustments, or if they'll just keep it closer to the manga. I'm on board no matter what, it'll be interesting to see. Guess they found a way to keep the show going with its end on the horizon, cause even if they shorten the heck out of the anime with this, it's still going to be something that will take many years to get through.
Dec 17, 2023 8:19 PM

Jan 2014
As someone who has has One Piece as his all time favorite ever since 2013, I'm not excited by this news at all. One Piece is already a legendary and amazing show. Sure the show is dated in some regards, but the old look gives it A LOT of charm, and even the pacing issues is not really a concern if you're binge watching ( which is how the story is intended to be experienced )

Would have preferred we got a remake with other anime such as Soul Eater, or Pandora Hearts.

I mean I'll still watch it for sure, but this is nothing special imo.

Dec 17, 2023 8:25 PM
โ˜†A-Qing's hairโ˜†

Jun 2008
GoatPieceLuffy said:
@ANTITHE5IS Says the Bleach fanboy.

And One Piece story is considered to be one of the best fictional stories of all time.

I'm sorry that you're just a hater.

Bonus: Pacing is subjective ( :

'popular' and 'best' are two different things. One Piece is one of the most popular series, no doubt about it. But the best? Not really. It's still good, but there are plenty of issues; such as pacing, and the consistency earlier on in the series. (Haki anyone? What's that?)

Now, you may disagree with pacing, and that's fine. However, it's an issue when many people bring it up. Clearly, there are those who are not satisfied with it.

I say this as a 'big three' fan (ie, I enjoy naruto, one piece, bleach, equally)

In any case, success isn't an automatic indicator of quality. Something can be bad and still fun, popular, etc.
quercifoliaDec 17, 2023 8:30 PM

Dec 18, 2023 12:34 AM
May 2021
how many eps will be remaked?
Dec 18, 2023 2:31 AM
Oct 2021
I remember when bait existed ๐Ÿ˜ž
Dec 18, 2023 3:22 AM

Dec 2021
Reply to Bugsbunnyfake
Garbage is still garbage even if you remake it.
@Bugsbunnyfake Someone is spitting 100 percent pure facts
If you want to reply to my posts, come up with valid arguments instead of ad hominem HIGHER LEVEL THINKERS ONLY
Dec 18, 2023 6:06 AM
Dec 2016
probjodye said:
Can someone confirm me this,are they talking bout remaking the whole series from the start?cus bro i just finished 100 episode and im gonna regret it

They're going to remake the series from start, but seasonally/yearly (as opposed to weekly, like the OG anime).

But you don't have to regret what you've already watched because it'll be a year (or more) until the remake's first season (covering East Blue/first 40 or so episodes) will come out. Meanwhile you've already gotten over the slowest parts of One Piece - and now can experience good stuff like Arabasta & Skypiea, followed by G.O.A.T arcs like Water Seven. The remake would have taken at least 4 years to get that far - and the original's voice acting, music, direction for certain scenes etc are already so iconic (& definitely worth experiencing).
Dec 18, 2023 1:31 PM
Pro Animatrix

May 2021
Do we know when it will come out?
"Wake up to reality! Nothing ever goes as planned in this accursed world. The longer you live, the more you realize that the only things that truly exist in this reality are merely pain, suffering and futility. Listen, everywhere you look in this world, wherever there is light, there will always be shadows to be found as well. As long as there is a concept of victors, the vanquished will also exist. The selfish intent of wanting to preserve peace, initiates war and hatred is born in order to protect love. They're are nexuses, causal relationships that cannot be separated."

By- Madara Uchiha

Dec 18, 2023 9:24 PM

Sep 2022
I'm SOOOOOO HAPPY, The One Piece remake by WIT Studio.
It is a ONA so it will release all the Romance Dawn episodes in one day With Dub, then Logue Town - Skypiea in one scoope like that, Like Pluto and Scott Pilgrim Takes off which is also Netflix Production like The One Piece.
Dec 19, 2023 5:09 AM
Jul 2018
Can someone explain to me why we need a remake of this anime if it's not even finished airing yet? Only because the older episodes are outdated when it comes to animation? But that's part of their charm.
Dec 19, 2023 8:10 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to removed-user
Can someone explain to me why we need a remake of this anime if it's not even finished airing yet? Only because the older episodes are outdated when it comes to animation? But that's part of their charm.
@Aoi_hana Very Bad pacing + Animation of the initial arc is very much outdated and looks bad.
Dec 19, 2023 8:15 AM
Jul 2018
Reply to ZXEAN
@Aoi_hana Very Bad pacing + Animation of the initial arc is very much outdated and looks bad.
@ZXEAN Okay but it literally doesn't have to be perfect? That and I wonder how they'll surpass the recent episodes in terms of animation and everything. I kinda understand if they want to remake it because the first few arcs have bad pacing or animation or w/e, but what are they gonna do for later arcs? They're fine as they are now, with modern animation and things.
Dec 22, 2023 10:05 AM
Jun 2021
Finally, One Piece with NORMAL PACING ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Dec 26, 2023 7:03 AM

Jun 2023
Hmm... I'm kinda on the fence with this one and I'm not going to celebrate too early. The questions on my mind are:

1. How much and to what extent of the material are they gonna remake?
2. Will this affect the staff of Wit Studio health-wise and their other current and future projects?

So for now depending on these questions and their answers, this remake could either be fantastic and ingenious or quite frankly idiotic and undeserving of hype.
KanelbullarDec 26, 2023 7:07 AM
Dec 27, 2023 10:59 AM

Jan 2014
we are living in a dystopia world where things that didn't even finish are already getting a remake? capitalist greed has no lines that won't cross lmao
Dec 28, 2023 3:29 AM
Jan 2018
Remake that literary nobody asked for. I would gladly accept it if we can get all the context in one go, like Netflix release.
But, imagine watching this even with perfect pacing, that would still be like 500 episode. One episode per week = 500 weeks.
Ode will turn 60 once this stuff finish airing.
Guy is set for life by doing only one project.

All things considered, why wouldn't they milk it?
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 969 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Usopp8000 - Apr 10, 2021

73 by Yubisoft »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 963 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Feb 20, 2021

75 by Yubisoft »»
51 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 417 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TrowaBarton141 - Sep 12, 2009

115 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 416 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JusticeGundam - Sep 5, 2009

87 by gannoncannon55 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 415 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Dinamet7 - Aug 29, 2009

104 by gannoncannon55 »»
4 hours ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.