Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 30, 2010 2:10 PM

Feb 2009

Greetings everyone and welcome back to the return of our Member of the Week program that's been on haitus this past year. This week we'll be interviewing KyuuAL. Joining along with me to help out with the interview will be Prongs. Here's what Kyuu had to say during his interview:

=============

Majeh-Sama:
What's the story behind your username here on MAL?

KyuuAL:
In high school, I have strange friends. Heck, we called ourselves "Strange". In that group, we each had our "names". Mine was "What", because I was confusing. XD From that the word "What" is a question word. Hence, my symbol was a question mark.

Then I took the letter Q, from question, converted it to Katakana , and spelled it as "Kyuu". Oddly enough, I found a Kanji that has "kyuu" as a reading AND that Kanji means the same as my real name. How's that for coincidence.

Prongs:
Do you still want to eat Sassycat's rats?

KyuuAL:
OH HECK YES! Gimme those rats! For you see, I shall be VERY, VERY, VERY persistent. Even after they're dead XD

Or, she gets new ones.

Majeh-Sama:
Which Pyong best desribes you? And why?

KyuuAL:
Hmm... which one??? That's tough I'll name a top 5:
Angel Pyong
The Wheee Pyong (he's zipping all around)
Laughing Pyong (especially the fast one)
the Tongue Pyong
and One of the Shocked Pyongs.

XD

The Tongue one is my avatar. I like to laugh, but at times, I'm a hyper old man.

Prongs:
What has inspired you to be a furry? xD

KyuuAL:
Oh you [INSERT BAD WORD HERE]. XD I'm NOT a furry! Never a furry! Never will be a furry!
The closest I'll get to furry-ness are with my cat ears. XD By which, I'll rival Azu-nyan.

Majeh-Sama:
If haruhi suzumiya came to life for one whole day how would you spend your day with her?

KyuuAL:
A day with Haruhi I'd be groveling and pleading for mercy. A weak man like me isn't man enough for Haruhi. Why do you think, Kyon exists? XD

Nevertheless, It is Haruhi's nature to act on a whim therefore, you just go along with what she wants or else she destroys the universe. So, pissing her off is out of the question. Then again, that's true for most women XD

Prongs:
Are you an Sadist or Masochist?

KyuuAL:
OH man! Who the heck asked that question? XD Let's get some ball gags! XD

Majeh-Sama:
If they made a movie about your life, who should play you?

KyuuAL:
Wall-E. Funny thing, In one of my studies on "women" the question popped up: "What movie best describes you?" I can only think of Wall-E for I can actually relate to that guy,
Robot. Him!

If I were to examine my life as it is now and compare with that depicted of Wall-E there are strange figurative parallels Wall-E is this meek character in the beginning. His job is meek, The world he lives in is desolate, He has a cockroach as a friend. Yet, he finds ways to appreciate the small things - by collecting them.

Though, things changed once Eve came along and you know the story from there. If I continue, this may end up as a long winded psychological breakdown to my brain. XD

In any case, I'm at the stage of looking for "Eve"

Majeh-Sama:
How long have you been watching Anime?

KyuuAL:
Before most of MAL members have been born! Bwahahaha. I remember Voltron when I was still living in the Philippines And that's before 1986. However, the term "anime" was not in effect. When I moved to the states, I pretty much watched whatever Cartoon was on TV. Then rediscovered "anime" in Blockbuster video around 1994.

Majeh-Sama:
It'd have to be Voltron as my first. Otherwise, in 1994, it was Macross II

Majeh-Sama:
What are your favorite movies?

KyuuAL:
In Facebook, I note Wall-E and Forrest Gump. Saving Private Ryan. Also good. A model on courage. Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and a rare movie Electric Dreams. Ace Ventura <-- where I got a lot of my crazy from. Kekekeke

Prongs:
When is the next test?!

KyuuAL:
ALL THE TIME, Bwahahahaha

Prongs:
D:

KyuuAL:
In fact, you just failed for asking XD

Majeh-Sama:
Do you play video games if so what's your favorite games?

KyuuAL:
Ah. I used to LOVE gaming. Though, I find myself playing less and less these days. Yet the Mario games. Heck, I just bought Mario G 2. Mario G 2... I'm already at World 2 (though I'll take SOME time on it). I'm nearing 100% on New Mario Wii. Aside from Mario, there's Tetris I play Scrabble on my DS The Gradius series.

Majeh-Sama:
I love Gradius

KyuuAL:
I was a major Half-Life junkie during my college years. Even ditched class for it. XD If I could, I'd try to get Otomedius (a Gradius parody) XD It's Gradius + moe... XD

Majeh-Sama:
I see you play Starcraft do you still play it?

KyuuAL:
SC? Here and there. It's not even installed yet.

Prongs:
How does it feel, being 30 years old? xD

KyuuAL:
Awesome!!! Being 30 is great. At least, I made it great. Thanks to my cousin, I'm working out, I'm running a Marathon last year, and I'm working on another on top of that, I look young enough to go for girls in the early/mid 20's. Bwahahaha

Majeh-Sama:
What's your favorite youtube video?

KyuuAL:
OH man. There's too many XD There's the Bad Apple video, :-D Silhouettes of the Touhou girls, Nice! Sure, there's me dancing... linked in my club XD I have both loaded in my iTouch.

Majeh-Sama:
Speaking of your video, a MAL member wanted to know what where you drinking in that video?

KyuuAL:
Y'know... I'm not sure. But If I were to recall or guess Rum and Coke. That was the drink of choice that year.

Prongs:
Why are you a furry?! XD

KyuuAL:
*slaps Prongs* We already covered that! Ask another. Then you get a FAIL XD

Prongs:
When are you going to give everyone a refund?

KyuuAL:
For what?

Prongs:
For your classes XD

KyuuAL:
Never :-P

Prongs:
Legasp! *shock*

KyuuAL:
Sometimes, I give FREE LESSONS
Ya cheapskate XD

MEMBER QUESTIONS

Majeh-Sama:
Rildok wants to know If you had to choose between Fate T. Harlaown and Nanoha Takamachi, who would you choose and why?

KyuuAL:
Toughie Though, I'll go with Nanoha (because she's in my Top 10) on the character list.
Now, why Nanoha? She's strong willed and more of a leader. Both are HOT - so this is a non-factor. Nevertheless, it is Nanoha who pulls through trouble from the get-go. For a while, Fate was... say... in trouble? It took her interaction with Nanoha to finally get out of that mess.

Majeh-Sama:
Lordcrab86 want to know what are your thoughts on the anime industry as a whole? moe-love it? hate? if so, why?

KyuuAL:
Anime industry as a whole? For now, they're doing just fine. However, to get FRESH ideas, it's time to get some non-Japanese animators into the mix. Comparing now to say 10 years ago? We tend to see same ole' same ole' but then again, this is natural for any medium.

It gets more and more difficult to find "originality" as time goes on. I mean, look at Hollywood. They're basically crap, desperate to find that "new" thing. Thankfully, anime isn't there yet.

As for "moe" I do pay attention to Saimoe (Japan). I like seeing people get upset when certain characters lose. XD And of course cuteness sells. Big time.

Majeh-Sama:
Member who wishes to be anonymous wants to know have you ever dressed up like a japanese schoolgirl and get your butt spanked?

KyuuAL:
NO

Majeh-Sama:
Aezile want to know will you put your irl picture here on MAL? If yes, When will you put it? If no, Why?

KyuuAL:
Not only did I already posted a picture of me - I also threw in my video. Y'know? The one of me dancing... well... "dancing". LOL. By the way, I still LOL @ the Katamari picture. XD

Majeh-Sama:
Aezile agains wants to know if someone gave you a chance of dating her who it'll be?

KyuuAL:
ひみつ。。。(secret). Here, I'll give a PROTIP. MEN, never give this kind of info. out - UNTIL - you actually ask the person out. It'll make her feel all surprised and special. As for the WOMEN, worry not. Then stupid (we) MEN, will come around to our senses. XD

Majeh-Sama:
Lastly anonymous member wants to know what would you do with Prongs money?

KyuuAL:
Anything I want XD
Try this. Use Prongs's money to buy Prongs's stuff. Irony!!

=============

I like to thank Kyuu as well as Prongs for taking the time to have the interview. I would also like to thank our members for your questions. BTW if you still would like to ask Kyuu your questions, please post your questions here for Kyuu to answer. Next week we'll be interviewing topadzidza. If there's questions that you'd like me to ask topadzidza PM me (Majeh-Sama) your questions by this friday.
Majeh-SamaJun 6, 2010 5:04 AM
I see the world how it is... in shades of gray. Nothing is totally clean... or totally dirty! - Majeh

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 30, 2010 2:42 PM

Jun 2009
as expected from kyuu *surprised look*....i refrained myself from asking u questions .......i must keep my word !!!! XD ... at least i will try :p
Gabriel

May 30, 2010 2:55 PM

Aug 2008
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

May 30, 2010 3:06 PM

Aug 2009
You know... I actually expected more crazy randomness. *disappointment* Anyway!

On the plus side, Ren-chan is next!
May 30, 2010 4:33 PM

Jun 2008
That was nice. I'd pick Nanoha for the same reason.
May 30, 2010 9:25 PM

Dec 2008
That Prongs guy is one awesome guy. I wish he would interview me. :( Besides that, damn that Kyuu 8D
May 31, 2010 12:40 AM

Jan 2009
Prongs said:
That Prongs guy is one awesome guy. I wish he would interview me. :( Besides that, damn that Kyuu 8D
Gotta agree :D

Great interview once again ~ Got more than just a few laughs out of it XD

*thumbs up* ¦D
Jun 5, 2010 7:11 AM

Mar 2009
Funny stuff :P

Nice interview, looking forward to the next one!
Jun 6, 2010 2:25 AM

Feb 2008
Nice interview!
I enjoyed reading it. :3
Jun 9, 2010 7:54 AM

May 2009
KyuuAL said:
- UNTIL - you actually ask the person out.

Eh?!... but most of the time the girls are the one who asking me out... there was once I ask this girl I really like but she paused for around 10-20 secs, turned it down and suddenly turned away from me. What do you think this girl thinks?

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
Jun 14, 2010 11:03 AM

Aug 2008
Aezile said:
KyuuAL said:
- UNTIL - you actually ask the person out.

Eh?!... but most of the time the girls are the one who asking me out... there was once I ask this girl I really like but she paused for around 10-20 secs, turned it down and suddenly turned away from me. What do you think this girl thinks?

Any further inquiries, interrogations, and requests here:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=215791
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Agree or Not Agree GAME ( 1 2 3 )

Mrokand - Oct 6, 2009

105 by Matiss001 »»
Sep 21, 2021 3:38 AM

» Help discover the manga

kiddygradelover - Oct 15, 2016

0 by kiddygradelover »»
Oct 15, 2016 9:25 PM

» Last Letter Word Game + Anime Series and Character ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ailisa - Mar 24, 2009

5297 by removed-user »»
Jan 5, 2015 4:50 AM

Sticky: » Tell Us About You ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

olmecalmighty - Mar 21, 2009

2908 by mericat »»
Aug 15, 2014 3:57 PM

» ABC Word Game + Anime Series and Characters ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ailisa - Mar 27, 2009

4347 by potatocat »»
Apr 14, 2013 9:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.