Forum Settings
Forums

Please honest criticisms for my piano practice of this difficult piece

New
Nov 18, 2023 3:25 PM

Dec 2013
This piece is a big project for me.
The total duration of the piece is about 10 to 15 minutes, thus it is a very long piece.
Usually a professional pianist plays it about 10 minutes, while amateur such as myself would take it around 15 minutes.
Usually when starting to learn a piece, the pianist would learn from the most difficult section of the piece, progressively into the easier sections for a more effective and efficient learning, thus not from start to end. The start to end playing would later be played after at least all sections of the piece can be played fluently in slow tempo. In the case of this piece, I have finished reading and memorizing the entire piece, and able to play it in a slow tempo.

So, here it is the most difficult section of this piece, which is the coda (ending) part of the piece.

It is still very rough.
But please give me your honest criticism about my playing.
The other easier sections will be coming up soon.

Thank you

Nov 19, 2023 3:40 AM

Apr 2016
it sounds out of place at the beginning but Idk anything about piano, I'm sorry. Maybe a person who specialized in that field would be able to help.
Nov 20, 2023 1:53 AM

Feb 2018
You need a lot of practise. Right now i can barly piece together a rhythm. It feels jumbled up

If you are a friend. Visit my profile to recommend me something to watch ( ^▽^)ψ__
Nov 20, 2023 6:25 AM

Dec 2013
Reply to mokkocchi
it sounds out of place at the beginning but Idk anything about piano, I'm sorry. Maybe a person who specialized in that field would be able to help.
@mokkocchi thank you for your honest criticism, the coda of the piece itself might sounded weird during the first listening even when played by professional pianist, due to the composition. The melody simply cannot be sung and difficult to be remembered due to its abstractness. But indeed the composition is the best coda IMO. It should be played faster also, and thats why my playing may sounded even weirder than the normal recordings by professionals

Nov 20, 2023 6:28 AM

Dec 2013
Reply to tsukareru
You need a lot of practise. Right now i can barly piece together a rhythm. It feels jumbled up
@My-T thanks for the honest criticism. Indeed I need lots of practice for this, this piece is so complex it needs a lifetime learning for most pianist let alone for amateurs such as myself. The piece is complex and abstract, it is difficult to be sung and remembered, it may be one of the reason it sounded jumbled up when heard the first time.

More topics from this board

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

32 by Strahan »»
6 minutes ago

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

46 by Strahan »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - Today

21 by Salty-GB »»
21 minutes ago

» (Personality) Try to paste 3 different statements that matter to you

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

17 by Noboru »»
2 hours ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

681 by blankflag »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.