Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]
Mar 23, 4:48 AM
Mar 2024
This episode was epic.
Mar 23, 10:27 AM
Feb 2024
Cool episode bro, idk why this anime very very cool
Mar 24, 3:14 PM

Aug 2019
jesus christ.
some very interesting frieren backstory, we saw her full power and aura fucking beheaded herself because of frieren. no mercy but i guess in this world demons dont deserve it. that mana suppression thing is also very interesting.
definetly the best episode so far
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 4:02 PM
Dec 2021
Rất đáng để xem
Mar 25, 9:15 AM
Jul 2021
Beautiful fight scenes. Could ask for nothing else. No cringe over the top stuff just raw art.
Mar 26, 3:47 AM
Jan 2023
"Just as demons deceive humankind with words, You must use your mana to deceive demons." "Aura, kill yourself" Damnnn this episode is just great, the last line is just soo good.
Mar 26, 8:38 AM
Mar 2018
Frieren, the Demon Slayer! *o*

It was great, seeing Frieren's past with Flamme. When she revealed how long she'd been alive and how much mana she really had, I was so giddy. x)
Mar 30, 5:58 AM
Apr 2020
We knew what was gonna happen this episode and it was still delivered so perfectly that it blew my mind. This show is unreal
Mar 30, 4:02 PM
Aug 2016
Excellent. I was going to argue with the mana used by the student. And then, in the next chapter a very good explanation. Loved this 2 episodes. Trip continues!!
Mar 30, 6:56 PM

Aug 2011
Aura thinks she's old, yet, Frieren seems to be as old as humanity's earliest tales xD

I wonder if she even fully released her mana.

I wonder what she thought she might have learnt studying Aura.

That scale was entirely ready to break!!! XD XD XD
VyaiskayaMar 30, 7:02 PM
Mar 31, 7:31 AM
Aug 2022
weaboo appealing aura sucks but flamme is an amazing character, i loved her soo muchhh
Mar 31, 11:07 AM
Jan 2023
Jalan cerita yang luar biasa, saya sangat menyukainya, cerita yang ringan
Apr 1, 5:48 AM

Jul 2013
Alright that's fucking badass. So Frieren is a thousand years old huh. And Flamme was human. I always thought she was also an elf, in the previous flashbacks of her she's always covering her ears
Apr 3, 7:35 AM

Sep 2012
Loki is proud lol

just in case she should have said, also if u have a master kill them first just in case there is some1 trying to fill the void of demon king, by that i mean took charge and she was just a laky
Apr 5, 4:59 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I think it’s safe to say this is the end of an arc right lol, I mean all the demons are defeated now after all. This last episode was quite the episode for sure, I was actually kinda peeved that they’re doing the trope where you show flashbacks in the middle of an important moment or battle, but after we got to see Aura’s defeat I can forgive it somewhat, since seeing that whole flashback with detailed info about demons and concealing mana, it allowed me to understand that Aura was fucked from the beginning and the “fight” would end very shortly lol, and to top it off you had Frieren simply saying “kys” as she walked away, not even looking back, it was a very well done scene, sometimes for a great fight you don’t even need a fight.

And it is a shame too, Aura is such a cute character design but perhaps that’s on purpose, it does fall in line with the whole demons deceiving thing, it just sucks that demons are purely beasts that won’t learn or change so it had to end this way, but at the same time I do like the way this show has done demons. And that brings me to a short review of this arc, I quite liked it, I know there are folks that didn’t like that it kinda became a battle shounen at one point but there’s nothing wrong with that imo, you can have cool fantasy battles and a more SoL style journey at the same time, and I think this arc proved this show can be both. And now that I’m this far in I can definitely say that I missed out, this would have been awesome weekly but at the same time some of these cliffhangers are brutal lol, but man it just wasn’t in the cards for me back in Fall 2023, and the great thing about anime is that you can still watch a show whether you missed it weekly or not, it ain’t going nowhere lol.
TheColonel76Apr 5, 5:14 PM
Apr 6, 12:57 PM

Jul 2021
Frieren really said "You should kill yourself NOW!"
Apr 11, 12:35 PM
Mar 2024
Great battles. Short, rich, clear and logical
Apr 12, 8:37 AM
Aug 2023
Okay, that was an awesome episode, and how Frieren ordered Aura to kill herself was also awesome...but wasn't that kind of wasteful? Like wouldn't it had been better if she ordered Aura to kill demon kind? Then Aura would independently go around doing the work for Frieren. Given that Aura is said to be 500 years old (quite old for a demon), and trained most of her life in magic, it seems even more wasteful. The diabolical deception part is also high since other demons would not expect Aura to be going around offing them, plus Aura's suffering would be extended, thus satisfying the revenge part of Frieren's agenda. I guess Frieren really did pity Aura, and decided to give her a quick death?

Also I don't know why Frieren would just leave the magic scales there, she could have made use of it by using it on every demon she came across and ordered them to do her extermination work for her. Regardless, it seems negligent to just leave the scales there where anybody could find it.

You know I wonder if Frieren's bloodlust for vengeance has waned, and maybe she doesn't care about wiping out all the demons anymore. She actually asked Aura to just give up and walk away in the beginning. It could be Frieren's messing with her, but maybe Frieren's vendetta is done after she took out the demon king with the hero's party.
Apr 12, 9:52 AM
Aug 2020
absurdly boring, the entire highlight of the anime remains the epic ost
without it it's something completely common
Apr 13, 1:56 PM
Jul 2023
I think one of the coolest anime scenes happened in this episode.
Apr 13, 5:58 PM
Aug 2022
Reply to Garrett_Dark
Okay, that was an awesome episode, and how Frieren ordered Aura to kill herself was also awesome...but wasn't that kind of wasteful? Like wouldn't it had been better if she ordered Aura to kill demon kind? Then Aura would independently go around doing the work for Frieren. Given that Aura is said to be 500 years old (quite old for a demon), and trained most of her life in magic, it seems even more wasteful. The diabolical deception part is also high since other demons would not expect Aura to be going around offing them, plus Aura's suffering would be extended, thus satisfying the revenge part of Frieren's agenda. I guess Frieren really did pity Aura, and decided to give her a quick death?

Also I don't know why Frieren would just leave the magic scales there, she could have made use of it by using it on every demon she came across and ordered them to do her extermination work for her. Regardless, it seems negligent to just leave the scales there where anybody could find it.

You know I wonder if Frieren's bloodlust for vengeance has waned, and maybe she doesn't care about wiping out all the demons anymore. She actually asked Aura to just give up and walk away in the beginning. It could be Frieren's messing with her, but maybe Frieren's vendetta is done after she took out the demon king with the hero's party.
@Garrett_Dark I think there are quite a few reason that could be used to explain it. The 1st reason is that while it is wasteful, Frieren did basically made Aura taste her own medicine as Aura had been abusing the Scale making those who fought her decapitate their own head and become a part of her undead army.

2ndly, I assume that since Aura is a demon, just because Frieren tell her to go kill demonkind, it doesn't prevent loopholes such as her killing other humans while she is killing other demons. For instance, if a Demon is currently attacking a village, Aura went to said village to kill the demon, there's nothing stopping her from indiscriminately killing everyone including the demon. Especially because as Frieren said, while Demons know how to communicate to people, but not the meanings behind the words they say, they can easily find loopholes as long as they are given enough time... like how that demon girl killed the Village Chief and to her, that was her way of "Helping" the village which means commands like telling her that she can't harm human, if she view killing them or injuring them as "helping" rather than "harming" them, then thats another loophole she can abuse

As for the Magic Scale, my copium yet logical explanation is that Frieren would've lost it, sold it, or thrown it away anyways. But a realistic explanation is because there are still demons or other beings that can be said to be stronger than Frieren. Frieren is strong, but she definitely isn't the strongest, and if she becomes reliant on it, she could one day end up like Aura, underestimating someone and it backfiring on her like it did for Aura

On another note, ig this is spoiler for the next episode if you didn't already watched it but
Apr 17, 5:04 PM
Oct 2022
Demons do not only use language to deceive, they have been clearly shown to use it to collaborate with one another and additionally use it to cast spells. She will trick the tricksters. They don’t fight fair against the ones who have never fought fair. She hunches her master. Demons and elves have some sort of species beef. It has now decided to introduce good character design of demonics. Her Master destroys them instantly, but I’m not mad about it this time. She makes a mockery of the art of magic itself, despite her being the one who allegedly invented magic. She has been playing a trick on demon kind for hundreds of years. The demon has not spent as long training her magic as freeren. Is there supposed to be some sort of question as to who has more mana? Seemingly the others have to show up in order for there to be any tension here. Allegedly there is no advantage for demons to suppress their mana, I don’t really understand how this can be true, If they are tricks by nature, why would they not want to use this trick? They still have the Manna, even if it isn’t visible, and then, if a demon is alone, then it would not affect their status if they temporarily masked their mana. It is also clarified that Demons have the ability to do it when it is advantageous, so the demon that is fighting freeren would obviously have a massive advantage if they could trick their opponent into thinking that they have less mana. this is a really odd aspect to try and add. I guess she isn’t the inventor of human magic as she was taught a spell by her parents. She is sleeping in the snow. I thought she didn’t like the cold. She has done precious little with her years. He hunches her. She has mana. Who could have seen this coming. Not as good of a fight as the previous, the whole episode is explaining how it is impossible for the demon to win, and then the demon doesn’t win. The very concept itself made it obvious that the demon wouldn’t win and then the demon didn’t win. 4
TheVistrianApr 17, 5:12 PM
Apr 18, 8:33 AM
Sep 2020
keep yourseld safe moment is a banger
Apr 20, 5:17 AM
May 2015
It's kinda crazy that Flamme played a thousand year long con. Frieren's training, keeping a low profile, understanding demon psychology, everything so that a thousand years AFTER HER DEATH Frieren can kill the demon lord. If Frieren is someone to dedicated her life to magic then Flamme the legendary sorcerer was someone who dedicated everything to killing demons
Apr 20, 10:00 AM
Apr 2022
Amazingly hair-raising episode!! Flamme is such a great teacher here 😭
Apr 22, 5:09 AM

Feb 2021
Frieren surpressed her mana so well and perfectly :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 24, 1:02 PM
Apr 2024
It's amazing waaaaaaa
g
Yesterday, 9:03 PM
Feb 2024
The art of concealing one's own mana. The demons could analyze it down to the tiniest detail, but Frieren didn't fail to deceive the demons. What a great mage she is, and Flamme had the right call! Aura got humbled fo reals
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would you consider frieren the best anime of all time? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

AunixHOT - Apr 23

203 by Hachii13 »»
3 hours ago

» Land: Anime’s Greatest Glasses-Kun

Bolbysaur - Yesterday

14 by Gloozed »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Which mage would you rather have as your mentor?

Moonshine_cookie - Apr 30

31 by Ba-Cii10 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2023

355 by nanajp »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26

263 by TanedaKaori »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.