Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2023 5:09 AM

Jan 2018
When a manga gets an anime adaptation, I usually have a few friends that come out with the usual "I'm so glad this got an adaptation, I've been following it since the beginning" and I can't help but think: how do you guys even find these works at all?

Well, today I came across this thing called Next Manga Awards and noticed a specific category called U-Next Prize. This manga was the winner. I saw it had 6 chapters and it simply couldn't hurt to check it out.

I know that 6 chapters is too early for any story to be called "great", but for some works you can tell just from just a setup that it has a massive potential. The idea of a rivalry like this where we don't have super-powered main characters or complex and intriguing power systems, but two super talented humans that want to reach newer heights in their craft by challenging each other in various artistic ways, is always something that catches my eyes and makes me want to stick through with the story. Chapter 6 also solidified for me to continue reading it because I want to see how Hanagami surpasses himself with a huge obstacle that is Miyama, especially now that Miyama has grasped almost all bits and pieces of Hanagami's body and skill. So it's basically going to be a story of how both of the main characters surprass Hanagami over and over again and that's lowkey hilarious. But I do want to see if Miyama can become more than just a chameleon, and will Hanagami be able to influence him to become greater than just a simple copycat.

Will Dragon and Chameleon continue being good and push beyond what usual shounen manga give us? I don't know, nobody can tell you that, but what I'm telling you is to give it a shot and support it because it does have a solid potential.

Also, I found out that the author used to be Oda sensei's assistant (not 100% sure if this is true) and, with that context in mind, it makes the story even more engaging because of the themes it will explore. Self-inserts can be very potent if done right!

I'm super excited, can't wait to see where Ishiyama-sensei takes this story!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ryuu to Chameleon Chapter 1 Discussion

Rexnihilo - Sep 24, 2023

3 by TristanSylvain »»
Mar 14, 6:59 PM

Poll: » Ryuu to Chameleon Chapter 13 Discussion

TheMangaManiac - Jan 15

0 by TheMangaManiac »»
Jan 15, 7:45 PM

Poll: » Ryuu to Chameleon Chapter 9 Discussion

TheMangaManiac - Dec 17, 2023

0 by TheMangaManiac »»
Dec 17, 2023 11:38 AM

Poll: » Ryuu to Chameleon Chapter 5 Discussion

TheMangaManiac - Oct 15, 2023

0 by TheMangaManiac »»
Oct 15, 2023 11:56 AM

Poll: » Ryuu to Chameleon Chapter 4 Discussion

TheMangaManiac - Oct 11, 2023

2 by TheMangaManiac »»
Oct 12, 2023 9:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.