Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Ore wa Subete wo "Parry" suru' Receives TV Anime

New
Nov 2, 2023 9:35 AM
News Team
Aug 2019
The official website of Earth Star Novel announced a television anime adaptation of Nabeshiki's Ore wa Subete wo "Parry" suru: Gyaku Kanchigai no Sekai Saikyou wa Boukensha ni Naritai (I Parry Everything: What Do You Mean I'm the Strongest? I'm Not Even an Adventurer Yet!) light novel on Thursday.

Nabeshiki began penning the fantasy adventure novel on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in October 2019. Earth Star Entertainment began publishing the story under its novel imprint in September 2020, featuring illustrations by Kawaguchi. The sixth volume was released on June 15, while the seventh volume is scheduled for a November 15 release.

KRSG serialized a manga adaptation in Comic Earth☆Star in September 2020. Earth Star Entertainment shipped the second volume in November 2021, and the third volume is scheduled to be released on November 10.

J-Novel Club licensed both the light novel and manga for digital release in English in November 2022 and January 2023, respectively. The third light novel volume went on sale on September 11, with the fourth volume set for a December 18 release. The second manga volume was published on June 14.

Synopsis
The Kingdom of Clays faces a dire crisis: an assassination attempt has just been made on its own Princess Lynneburg, and its neighboring countries eye the aftermath like starving vultures, plotting the Kingdom's downfall. The ensuing conflict will shape the face of the continent for centuries to come...but Noor doesn't have a clue about any of that!

Having freshly arrived at the royal capital after over a decade of rigorous, isolated training at his mountain home, he's dead set on achieving his childhood dream of becoming an adventurer, even if the only skills he possesses are useless ones. Sure, he can "Parry" thousands of swords in the span of a single breath, but everybody knows you need more than that if you want to be an adventurer! Our hero's road to making his dream come true will be long(?) and arduous(?)—but if there's one thing Noor's not afraid of, it's some good ol' fashioned hard work! (Source: J-Novel Club, edited)

Announcement

Novel special site: https://www.es-novel.jp/special/parry/
Manga special site: https://www.comic-earthstar.jp/detail/parry/

Source: PR Times

Ore wa Subete wo "Parry" suru: Gyaku Kanchigai no Sekai Saikyou wa Boukensha ni Naritai on MAL
Hyperion_PSNov 2, 2023 3:49 PM
Nov 2, 2023 9:40 AM

Apr 2016
You know, maybe the original sin is truly something we all carry within us.

And that's why we are getting punished so much.
Nov 2, 2023 10:03 AM
Nov 2021
Somehow this doesn't appear to be an isekai. Surely this is just gonna drown in the sea of exactly the same fantasy anime. Oh well, i won't lose sleep over that.
Nov 2, 2023 10:37 AM

Apr 2012
So, in the past we had anime about overly cautious role-playing game players, and now we get an anime about players who win fights solely through parrying skills? Should we expect a show about rolling and shooting from behind cover in the future ?
Nov 2, 2023 11:07 AM
Jul 2016
I read the manga for this one! It's basically
"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks. once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick. 10,000 times." the anime. I think?
Nov 2, 2023 1:31 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Reply to Swagernator
You know, maybe the original sin is truly something we all carry within us.

And that's why we are getting punished so much.
@Swagernator

Ngl... but I nearly busted out laughing at work

Yet another "troll title" "off isekai"
EcchiGodMamsterNov 2, 2023 1:46 PM
Nov 2, 2023 1:35 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Reply to Ragon_Qc
Somehow this doesn't appear to be an isekai. Surely this is just gonna drown in the sea of exactly the same fantasy anime. Oh well, i won't lose sleep over that.
@Ragon_Qc

Idk what the obsession with short black/brown haired unbeatable adventurers in a medieval fantasy world is but I see these announcements now almost almost expect to drop the series

I've said it once and I'll say it 1000x

JUST MIX UP THE CHARACTER DESIGNS, TYPES OF VILLAINS AND SETTINGS and isekai would be far more interesting, instead of the same looking guy in the same looking world fighting the same looking shit
Nov 2, 2023 3:41 PM

Jul 2021
How to make money:

step 1. Work.

step 2. Invest in a diversified portfolio.

step 3. Produce anime where the introverted "ordinary" protagonist has a stupid overpowered skill or ability that ensures he wins every conflict.
Nov 2, 2023 8:38 PM

Sep 2015
very original, much wow
Truth is absolute but human perception of truth is always relative.
Nov 13, 2023 11:51 PM

Jan 2009
Reply to EcchiGodMamster
@Ragon_Qc

Idk what the obsession with short black/brown haired unbeatable adventurers in a medieval fantasy world is but I see these announcements now almost almost expect to drop the series

I've said it once and I'll say it 1000x

JUST MIX UP THE CHARACTER DESIGNS, TYPES OF VILLAINS AND SETTINGS and isekai would be far more interesting, instead of the same looking guy in the same looking world fighting the same looking shit
@EcchiGodMamster Because the japanese are generally dark haired naturally, alot of these are using japanese people as the base(possibily wish fulfillment, possibly just laziness), when they don't it usually becomes a bit more of a interesting story to me though.
Nov 14, 2023 6:40 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Reply to Tatsuya
@EcchiGodMamster Because the japanese are generally dark haired naturally, alot of these are using japanese people as the base(possibily wish fulfillment, possibly just laziness), when they don't it usually becomes a bit more of a interesting story to me though.
@Tatsuya

It's clearly "self insert" laziness since they'd usually mix it up more in the past and the girls tend to always vary in design even if still following some general templates
Nov 14, 2023 11:29 AM

Oct 2017
Reminds me of that guy from Elden Ring.
Mar 19, 9:58 AM

Nov 2014
Wait, are they adapting my last Dark Souls run?

More topics from this board

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for July

Aiimee - Jul 6, 2022

7 by miipsy »»
Yesterday, 3:43 PM

» 'Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi' Gets Second Season in Fall 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 30

16 by jorel262 »»
Yesterday, 2:12 PM

» New '5-toubun no Hanayome' Anime in Production

Vindstot - Apr 28

40 by MegamiRem »»
Yesterday, 9:12 AM

» 'Mononoke: Karakasa' Reveals Supporting Cast, Theme Song, Trailer

DatRandomDude - May 1

6 by deg »»
Yesterday, 4:45 AM

» 'Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai' Announces Additional Cast, Staff

DatRandomDude - May 1

0 by DatRandomDude »»
May 1, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.