Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 1, 2023 11:45 PM

May 2017
I watched the first season because it gave me this "American Pie" vibe. stupid romcom with some funny interactions and I just wanted to know how the story evolves. It was ok, but the part where I lost interest was when MC confessed and the story could have gone in a more serious direction. However, due to some stupid events, their relationship gets even more complicated and the whole story gets really stale. I have dropped it after some episodes of S2. It was not the worst, but I really just got bored tbh.
Nov 2, 2023 12:39 AM
Jul 2023
The only glooming flaw with it is that the author won't let it end. Everything else is just people not liking romance, people not liking flawed mcs, or people that genuinley can't be trusted within a 50 foot radius of women
Nov 2, 2023 12:40 AM
Jun 2023
Piromysl said:
Bro literally said THIS is realistic depiction of romance. I can't, guys...
Like... any girl in this show even acknowledging Kazuya's existence, let alone associating with him is completely unrealistic.

Tbh both genders are pretty much awkward irl, ik kazuya is on another league based on the memes but sometimes those men/women from the anime/valorant community on twitter posting thirst traps,changing pfps hourly, leaving daddy/mommy comments and posting all 'men/women are same' are they really genuinely okay?
Somehow kazuya seems normal xd.
Miyamotodex23Nov 2, 2023 12:43 AM
Nov 2, 2023 3:24 AM
May 2023
your average clown coming in because they have their own opinion on the show and just because the majority opinion doesn't align with theirs, suddenly it's an overhated show. shows are hated for a reason. just because some people have different opinions to the majority does not make it an overhated show.
Nov 2, 2023 3:30 AM
Feb 2019
This show is ass. End of discussion.
Bro literally fapped to pictures of his ex and constantly got taunted by her when he’s a full grown adult. He’s so beyond saving to the point he rented a girlfriend just to have a girlfriend, if you genuinely watched this show start to finish and didn’t cringe then you must be one absolute nerd
Nov 2, 2023 4:49 AM
Oct 2023
Reply to TheBacc20
MossyBoy52 said:
One of the main things I notice people hating about Rent a Girlfriend is Kazuya, but I’ve never understood this. Kazuya’s probably my favorite character and I’ve never seen him as a creep or a liar. People will say that he only rents the girls because no other women will look at him, but the whole reason he did it was because he had just gotten broken up with for no reason (F*ck Mami). He also genuinely tries to be good to people and he doesn’t want to hurt any of the girls. If anyone is bad in this show, it’s Chizuru. Kazuya has done so many things for her (almost dying and spending a ton of time and money on making a movie for her) just for us to get a “I don’t like him, but I don’t not like him” line. Mini even yells at her for not expressing her true feelings and Chizuru basically tells her to shut up. I’ve always enjoyed the show and Kazuya specifically, lately Chizuru’s been the one halting plot progression, but all the blame seems to go to Kazu.

“I’ve never seen him as a liar”. Have you even watched the show? He literally starts the show with a massive lie and instead of correcting it he just rides it out for eternity. He’s lying to his family and his friends about having a girlfriend. Sometimes I really wonder if y’all be watching the same show I am.
@TheBacc20 He doesn’t lie to trick them, he just doesn’t want to hurt his family because they like her so much. He’s also extremely immature at this point, so he’s not able to take responsibility and tell the truth. He doesn’t just lie to lie, he does it because he doesn’t want to hurt people.
Nov 2, 2023 5:59 AM

Jan 2023
most obvious bait post ever made
死人に口なし
Nov 2, 2023 6:02 AM

Mar 2021
"a real depiction of romance" You good bro?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2023 7:03 AM
Sep 2023
Abesh_Aziz said:
Bro's "general depiction of romance" is renting prostitutes to go on dates because you're too shitty for actual women to even look at you.

and isnt that, like, every dork ever? but it also depicts that he's a good person and just really, really lonely and hurt. I k own I've absolutely been there.his heart was broken, so yes, every guy turns and does stupid things to get over it. in reality, this anime just accurately depicts the feelings of an average, lonely and hurt guy.
Nov 2, 2023 7:07 AM
Sep 2023
but tbh,I don't care what most people think. I love this anime, and it exists not t appease the many bit to entertain the few. if you don't like an anime, shut you're f*cking mouth about it and don't ruin it for those who like it.
Nov 2, 2023 3:06 PM

Aug 2016
Hot take, but I think a lot of the hate RAG gets is emblematic of how deeply rooted toxic ideas of masculinity can be.
People who put MAL stats in their sigs are losers lol
Nov 2, 2023 3:13 PM

Aug 2021
I mean most anime romance have the weirdest plots but I guess its still good romance
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2023 6:57 AM
Apr 2019
Reply to Got_the_gruties
Abesh_Aziz said:
Bro's "general depiction of romance" is renting prostitutes to go on dates because you're too shitty for actual women to even look at you.

and isnt that, like, every dork ever? but it also depicts that he's a good person and just really, really lonely and hurt. I k own I've absolutely been there.his heart was broken, so yes, every guy turns and does stupid things to get over it. in reality, this anime just accurately depicts the feelings of an average, lonely and hurt guy.
@Got_the_gruties I'm a lonely guy as well. Unatractive, been single my whole life. But unlike you and your depiction of dorks I have something called "self respect". No matter how much I'd want a women's touch I'd never pay someone to go on a date with me. And at this age (19) no matter how horknee I am I'd never wank to someone I'm a acquainted to. Don't lump me with you losers.
Nov 3, 2023 7:14 AM
Sep 2023
I wouldn't do that either, but remember, this dude is just a lovely nerd. he's not u, man.
Nov 3, 2023 7:24 AM
Jul 2018
Real romance usually involves sex, which is unheard of in the realm of KanoKari.
Nov 3, 2023 9:31 AM

Apr 2018
It's a shame that Rent a G, has a season 3. and maybe a season 4,5 but many shows doesn't have season 2. (like the masterpiece : Hinamatsuri or Grand Blue Dreaming ) .

Rent a G is so generic, and the MC is the simper dude i have ever saw in anime history...

And the FMC still doesn't understand that the MC is starving for her... Like It's been 3 seasons brooo...
I 'll not even talking about the public who starve's as fuck when FMC are waiting in public place... " it's always the : wooow ?? who is she ? no way he's the bf.... wtf ? she's soo pretty .. oww i want her so bad.. blablabla"... Like no one talks like that.. They are in Tokyo. a big city. pretty girls are everywhere.

Season 1 was very good.
Season 2 carried by Ruka and Manami
Season 3 tired of the same bullshit. Get carried by the sad episodes. ( First 2 episodes : ok-good tier.
3-8 : very annoying, i was thinking of dropping the anime.
9 : Great episode/Best episode
10-12 : ok-Good tier )
satchoffNov 3, 2023 9:41 AM
Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes.
It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo.
Nov 3, 2023 9:36 AM

Apr 2018
Reply to Ionliosite2
It is hated because it is actually more realistic than the usual romcom, but people want the most basic romcom ever with the most self-insert MC and a girl that falls in love with him because he called her "cute" or something. Of course it doesn't deserve the hate it gets.
@Ionliosite2 More realistic ? really ??? Bro in what world are you living ?

Since when a guy like him can attract 3 girls when he's starving asf to pay:RENT a girlfriend ?
Since when a girl can wait like that being the 2nd option when he's clearly "cheating" on her, in front of her.
Since when girls are patient enough to wait for a simp to make a decent mooves ?
Since when a girl is patient enough to go in 10 dates and not having a man deciding what he really wants ?
Since when a 3-4 girls are attracted by a man with no hope, with no attention of being good at something, with no dream ? With the only dream is being with a girl ?

You are clearly living in a dreamworld. Girls out there are rude nowadays. No way she will not cheat on you if you acting like a man with noballz.

Let's be honest, a guy like him, in today's world will struggle and will get friendzone. Let's not pretend that RaG is realistic at any point.

satchoffNov 3, 2023 9:43 AM
Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes.
It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo.
Nov 3, 2023 11:19 AM

Mar 2022
See the problem is that the show could have ended pretty earlier but it just keeps going on and on with the plot spinning in circles, that's the worst part, so yeah, it deserves the hate it gets for being no better than an indian soap opera but for incels.

How do you justify the shitty dragging on of the story, OP?
Nov 3, 2023 1:21 PM

Apr 2015
Rental cuck fans are delusional. "Realistic depiction of romance"? Tf? It deserves all the hate it gets, the fact this got so many seasons is just downright depressing.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Nov 3, 2023 10:47 PM
Jun 2023
Yes, this deserves all the hate it gets.

To understand why, start reading the manga only to find out it's progressed by like 5% in the last 3 years
Nov 4, 2023 5:07 AM
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
Reply to Pyxyty
removed-user said:
idk, why people hate kanokari so freaking much. it's prolly the real depiction of being in a situation like that. in the end, our individual experiences with art are deeply personal. for me, this has been a source of profound connection. the characters and their stories have become a part of my own narrative, teaching me the beauty and challenges of love in a very personal way. haters gonna hate cuz thats what they r capable of

"a source of profound connection"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

In the words of a legend, 'pardon me I had to laugh at that'.

Ever since the movie making arc, Rental Girlfriend is literally just repeated slop of "ok this time i'll tell he- OH NO, SOMETHING ULTRA MINOR GOT IN THE WAY, GUESS I WONT TELL HER NOW" for 200 chapters.

Shut the hell up. Like, actually, shut the hell up. Profound connection my ass 🤦
@Pyxyty YOU SHOULD WRITE REVIEWS i laughed at your rant

Nov 6, 2023 1:48 AM
Jun 2022
the most realistic part of this show was when he realized he liked mizuhara because her image kept interrupting his jerk session
Nov 6, 2023 1:51 AM
Jun 2022
Jmob1 said:
you realize there hasn't been a confession in over 200 chapters?

spoiler: he was kissed by one girl and still doesn't know if she likes him!

kazuya is straight up horrible. it's as simple as that. he has no growth. we also don't get any decent drama or plot development and it's basically just a car crash in slow motion

I also don't think the show is realistic, but let's be real, what you described is 9/10 boys in general.
no growth, no drama, no confession, could be made out with and still be clueless. still a simp but not really sure how to pick up hints. that's just every dude
Nov 6, 2023 2:40 AM
Apr 2021
EyeAmTheI said:
@Pyxyty You just described 90% of the romance anime in general...

See, the difference with other romance anime is that there are other subplots happening. Maybe an interesting battle of wits with the characters having to develop and get over their insecurities, or maybe there's even a simple fun additional premise where the love interests are 5 quintuplets that allow the plot to be a bit more convoluted and entertaining by using the MC's inability to tell them apart...

With Rent-a-Girlfriend, what you get at the surface level is all there is to it. 300 chapters and barely, if not zero, development occurs. The ex is still a bitch, the shy girl is still pretty much shy, the MC still has no backbone... It's literally just a money maker for the mangaka and anyone who still doesn't realize that has to be blind.
Nov 6, 2023 6:15 AM
Apr 2021
EyeAmTheI said:
@Pyxyty
Keep in mind I haven't seen the Quintuplets (nor Rent-A-Girlfriend for that matter, I just came accross this thread by chance, and I felt cracking a joke), so it may very well be in the other 10%. I'm marely clenching my curiosity here. I try to figure out what is the reason this show is more hated despite it pretty much seems like every other romance to me (at least based on what I read here, and what I heard about it).

What you described in your answer is still pretty much the 90% of the romance anime. There is no character development, no story, no sense of romantic progression after a few chapters (or episodes). They are nothing more than cockblockfest milking cows. So, I fail to see any meaningful difference. Other than the characters in those shows only have a few superficial flaws (or insecurites) at best, so they are even more unrealistic than a bitch being a bitch or an MC without a backbone... I mean, if the MC would have one, he would have found a GF already to begin with and he wouldn't have to resort to renting one. All in all, seemingly this premise is more beliveable (which not equates to better) than the avarge joe Gojou clone hooking up with the resident garyu queen, because reasons.

I think your view regarding other romance animes is a very flawed generalization of the genre, and I *know* that you saying Rent-A-Girlfriend being more realistic is absolutely, horridly, and easily the **WORST** take I've ever seen (and I've seen plenty of horrible takes from the MAL forums), and I'm not apologizing for insulting your view on it, especially since it's a stance you've taken without even reading or watching the series.

But I will just leave it at agreeing to disagree, simply because I do not have the time or brain capacity to discuss Rent-A-Girlfriend more than I already have, lest I just put a bullet through my head because that would be much more preferable.

Enjoy the bliss of ignorance, and ciao. Kindly, don't expect any further reply even if you respond.
Nov 7, 2023 4:00 PM
Jul 2020
Yes, I get the hate, but I like the show regardless. I'm tired of romcoms trying to be unique(domestic Kanojo, nisekoi, oreimo, etc), instead making a mess on the story and plot, making me hate the characters. I would rather read a typical romcom with stupid mc and story that doesn't try to be smart with the plot. Aside from mc, almost all kanokari characters, I genuinely care. It's simple honestly, mc is trash, fmc is top tier, both love each other, but couldn't be honest to confess. Eventually, will come together. Although the author is really milking the series with an unmoved plot, that means more waifus, and I'm okay with that. I just assumed people who hate the series just don't read enough romcom to have a strong mentality to read something like this. No progress after 300 ch? A child plays for me.
Zac22Nov 7, 2023 4:09 PM
Jan 1, 11:12 PM
Jul 2018
they all r just incels mfs, who can't even talk to a woman without objectifying them first
Jan 1, 11:41 PM

Oct 2008
It's a beautiful show with a somewhat original idea. But it's presented in a slow, borderline boring way. If the events were occurring in a different timeline (60s, 70s), a bit more serious (ambition as an actor, deeper romance) and not lean so much in to the slice of life territory, it could have been so much more. Then just rule 34 material, for people in to NTR, cuckold and the like. Wasted potential.
Jan 5, 8:34 AM
Mar 2016
I said hell naw, but honestly for people that do not like this show I can understand why. Our main protagonist Kazuya has a girlfriend, yet spends thosands on his unrequited love for another girl. Later on in the anime theres also other girls for him to date but he doesn't. There are also many "wow, didn't see that coming" which although some people can be annoyed by that, personally I do not. I think it is a great show and fun to watch. If you were to ask me, I would suggest this anime to those interested in watching a harem anime.

Does it deserve hate? No, except I understand why it would. I personally love the anime, Season 2 was okay but season 3 was hype af
Mar 26, 9:05 AM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
Weebs mad because an anime shows what romance REALLY is like in real life XDD
Sorry, but girls IRL will statistically go through DOZENS of men, all of whom are probably better than you, before settling down. It's very rare for a woman to settle down on her first or second man.
BTW I find it funny how the main guy gets erections and feels the need to jerk off all the time.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2020

311 by zainaAlizzy »»
Apr 10, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RegulusX - Jul 17, 2020

294 by afromarco005 »»
Apr 9, 9:32 AM

» What if Rent a girlfriend had Good story, Good romance and Good character development ( 1 2 )

Reckless_weeb - Mar 6

54 by kurayamiberkay »»
Mar 22, 10:06 AM

» Do Japanese men are really like this?

mufarari - Mar 8

13 by KayKimii »»
Mar 19, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2020

215 by iikpp4 »»
Mar 10, 5:13 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.