Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Vexations of a Shut-In Vampire Princess (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 22, 2023 6:40 AM

Dec 2022
Thank god Komari snapped out of it. Tho I am not confident how she will fare by herself. Hope it goes well. Also Johan gets the award for biggest idiot. She very well could have killed the Empress. Honestly bizarre Villicent went after Komari first.
Oct 22, 2023 7:22 AM
May 2022
That was a pretty drastic tone shift from the first 2 episodes. I don’t mind this anime having more plot instead of just comedy but this came out of nowhere.
Oct 22, 2023 8:35 AM

Jun 2016
this is so intense !!!

cant wait for next episode
Oct 22, 2023 9:06 AM

Feb 2014
Wasn't expecting this kind of atmosphere, the first 2 episodes gave me a typical comedy and non-serious anime which i was likely going to drop, but this episode completely changed that around and now I've got to continue watching this.
Oct 22, 2023 10:28 AM
Jan 2017
That was a very good episode. Up until now, I enjoyed this show as a comedy with cute girls in a fantastical world. Komari was actually a bit annoying. I mean, come on girl (writers) she can't be this naive and weak having grown up in a world like hers.
Suddenly this episode, using pieces from earlier episodes, they put serious stakes on the table. Gives us a villainess that is worth hating. Then raises the stakes with true death a distinct possibility. And our sweet Terakomari is rising to the challenge.
Oct 22, 2023 10:32 AM
Jan 2017
Reply to luinthoron
You know, based on Millicent's words and Komari's missing memories between snapping in school and waking in her bed, it's entirely possible that her subordinates were actually right and it really was Komari who went on that rampage in the school...
luinthoron said:
You know, based on Millicent's words and Komari's missing memories between snapping in school and waking in her bed, it's entirely possible that her subordinates were actually right and it really was Komari who went on that rampage in the school..

A very interesting idea. Luinthoron. I like it because Komari will need some hidden power to believably fight what she is up against.
Oct 22, 2023 6:51 PM

Apr 2020
FUCK YOU MILLICENT I HATE YOU, ALL MY HOMIES HATE YOU. And you, Terakomari, don't you dare not bring Vill home safe and alive. >:(
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Oct 22, 2023 7:59 PM

Aug 2022
Holy shit, Terakomari Vs. Millicent in the next episode???!!!
Oct 22, 2023 10:11 PM
Jun 2022
I was happy to see more actions and stakes in this episode compared to the last. Even better, it involves Komari going to save Villhaze after learning why she's so loyal and loving to her!! Also yeah, Millicent's crazy. I really like her so far as an antagonist. Very much looking forward to the next epiode c:
Oct 23, 2023 5:27 AM
May 2011
Hoping Millicent dies a really horrible death
Oct 23, 2023 5:57 AM
Nov 2022
I did not expect Vill to have any connection with Komori, nonetheless, i like this show. IDK why but i usually dont like these kind of shows.
Oct 23, 2023 6:07 AM

Jan 2017
Reply to Atmogenic
Wasn't expecting this kind of atmosphere, the first 2 episodes gave me a typical comedy and non-serious anime which i was likely going to drop, but this episode completely changed that around and now I've got to continue watching this.
@Atmogenic just a heads up, the series is a bit episodic in the format of "50% cute and funny + 50% very serious and intense battles" as that's how it is with every LN volume. Episode 4 will likely conclude vol 1 and the formula will repeat again in ep 5 with the start of LN vol 2's adaptation
Oct 23, 2023 7:00 AM
Apr 2023
Guess not related to the episode, but I love the outro song on this series. Very cute sleepy girlboss vibes.
Oct 23, 2023 7:54 AM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
Wtf. When I decided to watch this, I was expecting a comedy, fantasy, slice of life, yuri-bait, light show. Why is this getting dark and became "slice" of life? 😬
Oct 23, 2023 9:39 AM

Apr 2010
Reply to misterreicchi
Wtf. When I decided to watch this, I was expecting a comedy, fantasy, slice of life, yuri-bait, light show. Why is this getting dark and became "slice" of life? 😬
@misterreicchi Like the vast majority of LN's out there, there are SOL moments that lead to serious moments. The serious part of vol 1 wasn't even hidden, they always hinted at it, both with flashbacks and the antagonist appearing. And again, like the vast majority of LN's out there, it will go back to being SOL at the beginning of the 2nd LN(ep 5).
Oct 23, 2023 9:57 AM
Feb 2022
Here I thought it was gonna be a Dog Days anime and then this switch in atmosphere. Interesting!
Oct 23, 2023 6:55 PM
Sep 2023
so far its amazing and funny
Oct 24, 2023 6:16 PM
Jan 2023
Alright, so the villain is someone who is just obsessed with death? How very strange. Seems our maid has been held hostage too.

Love the backstory of the princess and maid, I'm glad they went into that.

Overall very enjoyable, can't wait to see this battle next week, lets see what the princess can do.
Oct 24, 2023 8:31 PM

Mar 2015
Reply to luinthoron
You know, based on Millicent's words and Komari's missing memories between snapping in school and waking in her bed, it's entirely possible that her subordinates were actually right and it really was Komari who went on that rampage in the school...
@luinthoron Yup, Millicent wanted to cut off her pinky, and those reports about the massacre said they were all killed with a single pinky. Pleasantly surprised at how this show has played out so far.
My lists are way out of date...
Oct 25, 2023 2:17 PM

Jan 2023
bro im so fricking tilted, pls kill this terrorist
Oct 25, 2023 8:00 PM
Mar 2023
I quite like this episode, because we can find out why Komari became isolated
Oct 27, 2023 8:12 AM

Feb 2022
Well that escalated quickly...
Poor Vill 😢
💀𝑀𝑜𝓋𝑒, 𝐼'𝓂 𝐹𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁💀

Oct 28, 2023 2:19 AM

Sep 2016
yet another comfy comedy anime potentially be ruined by serious edgeshit plot wooooow
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 28, 2023 3:31 AM

May 2021
This episode was so great that it made drop the anime . Were these cringe violence scenes necessary in such a fun and peaceful anime ? I don't know maybe I am overthinking it
Oct 28, 2023 3:36 AM

May 2021
Reply to TiagoCosta
@misterreicchi Like the vast majority of LN's out there, there are SOL moments that lead to serious moments. The serious part of vol 1 wasn't even hidden, they always hinted at it, both with flashbacks and the antagonist appearing. And again, like the vast majority of LN's out there, it will go back to being SOL at the beginning of the 2nd LN(ep 5).
@TiagoCosta Vast majority of the LNs that you have read it seems because I still haven't read a funny(no drama) and simple light novel that goes too far with serious moments like the one above. The authors either choose to be either peaceful and funny or serious and dramatic with their light novels but there are also some wholesome that have sol moments but very few go that far with the serious moments . It is apparent here that author is not competent enough to choose between the two or author makes the cringe decision to choose both categories which in this case fails to do successfully.
YubisoftOct 28, 2023 3:47 AM
Oct 28, 2023 3:37 AM

May 2021
Reply to GangsterCat
yet another comfy comedy anime potentially be ruined by serious edgeshit plot wooooow
@GangsterCat Couldn't have said it better myself
Oct 28, 2023 8:28 AM

May 2020
Anime bullying is so hopelessly hilarious, that it's almost impossible to take whatever been shown on the screen with a serious look or sentiment. You can make someone look evil without these methods too lol.

Anyways, watching Amamiya Sora voicing a bitchy character once in a while is something I'd like to see more of.
Oct 28, 2023 3:46 PM
Feb 2016
Me encatan muchismo este anime.

Oct 28, 2023 6:03 PM

Sep 2022
Wow, didn't think Milicent was very evil. She can play god in who gets to live and who gets to die.

I'm still wondering why she is still holding a huge grudge against Terakomari after 3 years when she, Terakomari, and Villhaze went to school together. Maybe Terakomari did something that really hurt Millicent forever.
Oct 30, 2023 3:19 AM
Sep 2021
This episode was a lot fast-paced when compared t previous few episodes now terakomari will face her biggest hurdle yet.
Oct 30, 2023 9:47 AM

Oct 2008
w0w! this went on to a big turn! from comedy to intense despair! i like it!!!
5/5.

Nov 12, 2023 8:31 AM

Jul 2017
Oh boy, Komori meeting an old nemesis, and Milicent Bluenight is unhinged that she's too jealous of her, she wants her revenge on her 3 years ago.

It's clear that Millicent is here to cause trouble, and Bellius shielded Komari from her attacks, while Vill comes next. Being part of Inverse Moon only adds to the complexity of Komari, and even worse, since Millicent was given entry, there could be someone who's a traitor in the ranks. For Komari, this bullying had existed since her school days, and for the shut-in princess who thought she could toughen it out, it only further cemented her status as a target. Of course, Vill supports Komari, though getting abducted by Milli in a surprise attack only puts her in a more jeopardous position.

The letter that Vill left for Komari, she was also another student that like Komari, was tormented by Millicent, and though Komari stood up for her, Milli changed targets and left Vill unable to redeem herself. All in the vein for her to reach the Gandesblood family to meet Komari once again, fate interwines for both girls, and Caostel become the guard that she needed at this opportune time, though her corps will remain on standby when the need arises.

This is Komari's own battle, how would she get herself and Vill out of the terrorist's rut?
Dec 1, 2023 10:35 AM
Jun 2012
Why did a wild plot appear?

Bring me back happy Vampire Princessu. 😭
Dec 14, 2023 1:41 AM
Apr 2013
EP 3

Its funny because i find myself saying komari komari all the time
But well of course komari carrying the entire anime right now, orr rather, she is the anime.
The cover image seems to show several more girls that havent shown up yet though
I actually just realized i didnt figure out who the empress voice is, but she hasnt shown up that much actually to guess
Also looking at the character list way too much

Obviously my japanese isnt very good, but the name is 吸血姫. but im just confused.
Oh yeah I forgor, the vocalist for fripside isnt the same now so thats why it sounds different. the song is actually ok though
Its strange, because the cover image shows other girls but, I dont think I saw them in the op at all. maybe they'll show up later?

Anyway ep 3, im really not sure though, if komari really gets exposed the whole anime is going to flip on it's head. at the same time its only a matter of time
unless well idk
I was just thinking, komari does sound a lot like maybe a few other girls. but welp

i mean, real life would be pretty uh, interesting, if people didnt die when they were killed.
(also actually wait how does that affect dying of other stuff and old age? welp)
like, politics would be weird. its still implied that its painful as heck though, and the nature of it means that neither side would actually be able to do anything

So yeah uhm. an even bigger cliffhanger this time.
i actually forgor they even showed us vill hostage in the preview.
no idea what on earth is going to happen now. at least komari got to talk to the three guys before she went
Preview for next time is barely anything lol. For me I dont have to wait a week for this cliffhanger but hmm.
I mean they are obviously dangling some kind of plot twist on us, but the question is what?
From the other comments people are definitely going big brr on the speculate heh.
CocoaGalaxyDec 14, 2023 1:46 AM
Jan 1, 1:01 AM
Apr 2021
My jaw dropped seeing Villhaze get stabbed out of the blue but that crazy bitch is actually irking me with the way she be bullying people bro😑The omelette getting covered in blood instead of ketchup was a really unique idea to do tbh props for this show for doing symbolism
Jan 16, 2:01 PM
May 2020
i hope millicent gets more than what she deserves

komari is gonna save vill!
Jan 17, 1:41 AM
Jan 2024
i think this is good for start and idk
Apr 4, 4:10 PM
Apr 2018
Lotta dumb invonsistencies introduced in this episode.
Apr 10, 1:16 PM

Aug 2019
i get it that its the idea of her whole character that you are supposed to hate her but i hate those kinds of characters because that works so well for me im fucking furious i hate it. she is being a crazy asshole for absolutely no reason. also komaris parents annoy me as well, there is no way they didnt know about the bullying until she shut herself in and even then why didnt they do anything to the bully?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2023

75 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 28, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2023

61 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 28, 5:53 PM

Poll: » Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2023

72 by Magicmist »»
Apr 23, 6:28 AM

Poll: » Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2023

60 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 19, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2023

113 by Rezzurwrath »»
Apr 18, 4:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.