Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Saga of Tanya the Evil (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 13, 2023 10:49 PM

May 2022
Don't get me wrong, I am not a hater of the series and I even plan to watch this soon But Do You think this series is fairly well known or is it underrated? Like for me, Before watching Isekai Quartet, I had never even heard of this series before nor I have seen anyone specifically talking about this outside of it.
Also do you think Isekai Quartet boosted its popularity by a bit?
π’Ÿπ‘œπ“ƒ'𝓉 𝓁𝑒𝓉 π’Άπ“ƒπ“Žπ‘œπ“ƒπ‘’ 𝒹𝒾𝒸𝓉𝒢𝓉𝑒 π“Žπ‘œπ“Šπ“‡ 𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒.
Aug 13, 2023 11:00 PM
Aug 2020
69S7B4A5A said:
Don't get me wrong, I am not a hater of the series and I even plan to watch this soon But Do You think this series is fairly well known or is it underrated? Like for me, Before watching Isekai Quartet, I had never even heard of this series before nor I have seen anyone specifically talking about this outside of it.

it's fairly popular people just don't want to watch female main character
Aug 13, 2023 11:03 PM
Apr 2020
EgoSumMaple said:
69S7B4A5A said:

I really don’t think that’s the case lmao and if we are being honest she’s a he soooo…
Aug 13, 2023 11:05 PM
Nov 2017
Among isekai, it is underrated.
Even within "isekai quartet", Tanya is the one people never heard before.
On the other hand, i see many comments not interested in WW2 Nazi loli.
Which is so stupid cause the anime doing WW1 Imperial German.
Aug 13, 2023 11:05 PM
Apr 2020
69S7B4A5A said:

I recommend it I wasn’t expecting much I just thought it was some military anime didn’t grab my attention but it’s way beyond that I personally really enjoyed the series main character was the highlight shows has a lot dark tones to it but that’s my opinion hope you enjoy it if you watch it
Aug 13, 2023 11:13 PM
Mar 2022
I think that people that like it are low key about it because it’s kind of hard to describe why it’s good. So even though it has a large fan base it isn’t a very loud fan base maybe?
Aug 13, 2023 11:22 PM

May 2022
Haydorwaldor said:
69S7B4A5A said:

I recommend it I wasn’t expecting much I just thought it was some military anime didn’t grab my attention but it’s way beyond that I personally really enjoyed the series main character was the highlight shows has a lot dark tones to it but that’s my opinion hope you enjoy it if you watch it

I was planning to watch it anyway but still, Thanks for the recommendation.
Aug 13, 2023 11:29 PM

May 2022
ReganAlv said:
I think that people that like it are low key about it because it’s kind of hard to describe why it’s good. So even though it has a large fan base it isn’t a very loud fan base maybe?

I see. Then it maybe like Mob Psycho 100 which is fairly popular yet underrated at the same time and the fanbase is one of the quietest in the anime community.
Aug 13, 2023 11:36 PM
Jul 2020
EgoSumMaple said:
69S7B4A5A said:

“People just don’t watch female main character”

We are talking about anime. Even if you go back twenty years in time, this sentence would still be objectively incorrect.
Aug 13, 2023 11:36 PM

May 2022
ilusatus said:
Among isekai, it is underrated.
Even within "isekai quartet", Tanya is the one people never heard before.
On the other hand, i see many comments not interested in WW2 Nazi loli.
Which is so stupid cause the anime doing WW1 Imperial German.

Thanks for the clarification. And Yes, it's stupid to compare a character to a Nazi German.
Aug 13, 2023 11:56 PM

Sep 2017
Hell yeah , fan here! (Just here for the snacks)
Aug 13, 2023 11:58 PM

Jan 2013
Top 200 popularity, does that not speak for itself? 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Aug 14, 2023 12:03 AM
Nov 2022
EgoSumMaple said:
69S7B4A5A said:

Despite that. They’ve been tricked. The big wall is episode 1

Past that it’s really good.
Aug 14, 2023 12:20 AM
Dec 2020
This anime is underrated.....it's good anime worth watching!
Aug 14, 2023 12:21 AM

Jun 2016
It was fairly popular before it came out. I don't think isekai quartet contributed much to its popularity.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Aug 14, 2023 12:41 AM
Mar 2021
69S7B4A5A said:

It's really good and popular! it's comes under Top 10 best Isekai. You should watch it man!
Aug 14, 2023 1:32 AM
Aug 2021
It’s got an absolute banger of an ed, which for me makes it worthwhile.
NovaAirgetlamAug 14, 2023 1:35 AM
Aug 14, 2023 1:49 AM
Aug 2021
69S7B4A5A said:

bro just watch it its soo good trust me
Aug 14, 2023 2:47 AM
Jul 2023
I don't know if underrated is the right term, but it is lesser known than some more mainstream series
Aug 14, 2023 3:14 AM
Apr 2021
69S7B4A5A said:

the show is nice, but war animes aint rly my genre. the mc is preety charismatic and i believe shes the main atraction to this show, he/she is absolutely f*cked up in the head with a crazy amount of hate towards the being X. the fights are kinda meh and the whole war like strategies are a bit slow paced but thats not exactly bad, just not my taste, despite all that its still a very good show. who wouldnt want to see a small hatefull child commanding a platoon and slaughtering enemies every ep? XD (also op and ed are bangers)
Aug 14, 2023 3:16 AM
Jun 2014
69S7B4A5A said:

If u like war theme content then you will enjoy this show I wouldn’t say it’s your typical fantasy isekai as it’s more modern in its setting but the animation is good and the fight scenes are pretty epic in my opinion . Enjoy
Aug 14, 2023 3:25 AM
Nov 2019
it's clearly more relevant than your existence. (since you're searching for topics of discussion rather than things to enjoy)
Aug 14, 2023 5:57 AM
Jun 2016
I do think it’s funny how Isekai Quartet assumes you haven’t watched this show since it’s the only one where they explain the backstory. As someone who has watched all four of the quartet shows it is definitely the least good of the four, but I think that’s partly to do with the fact that it’s only 12 episodes. I know it’s getting a second season soon but idk man it either didn’t have enough time to get interesting or it just sorta falls short imo
Aug 14, 2023 7:55 AM
May 2022
EgoSumMaple said:
69S7B4A5A said:

He is a dude inside tho just reincarnated
Aug 14, 2023 10:13 AM
Jan 2015
I am the opposite of one of the opinions here. I think the anime is well worth the time overall, but don't enjoy the OP or ED.
Aug 14, 2023 12:00 PM
Nov 2018
I actually think it was good. Can't wait for the second season.
Aug 14, 2023 1:23 PM
Apr 2023
I don’t know about other people however I found it through a recommendation of a similar anime I have seen. And I olnly started Issikai quartet affter i saw all the shows the main cast are from so I would understand it better. Though from my guess it is probably well known
Aug 14, 2023 2:00 PM
Jun 2022
kushakashi said:
it's clearly more relevant than your existence. (since you're searching for topics of discussion rather than things to enjoy)

(spoiler warning!!! )And it's clearly more relevant then yours (becouse you must comment on discussion moust toxic way posible and not ad anything to it)

and I personally feel that this anime is really good but I don't recommend if you are Christian because the goal of the main character is to basically kill a God
Aug 14, 2023 2:05 PM
Mar 2021
69S7B4A5A said:

Personally, this was the last of the isekai quartet I watched before isekai quartet premiered years ago. It’s not beating out ReZero or Konosuba. Konosuba is so much fun and as for the production for ReZero just trumps majority of the isekai genre. I would say Tanya is better than Overlord, but it’s not as popular especially in the west. What makes Tanya anime special is the fact that the setting of this isekai isn’t the stereotypical fantasies with Elves and Orcs etc., but rather in the pseudo-imperial world war Germany.

But I do think that regardless of Tanya being showcased in isekai quartet, people will be turned off by her age despite the fact he’s roughly in his 30’s before he died and got into some beef with God. Then god trolling him to become a powerful young girl.
Aug 14, 2023 2:26 PM
Feb 2023
69S7B4A5A said:

I don't think it's underrated or anything. I feel like it's fairly popular as far as an isekai go. it's also talked about a lot in the circles that I interact with. I don't think the masses talk about it too much for two big reasons. first, it is way more popular in Japan then out side of the country. I think the country being modeled after Germany puts a lot of westerners off to it. (even if it's just ww1 Era and not ww2 Era)
the second reason would be that it breaks a lot of the standard isekai tropes that people come to expect.
Aug 14, 2023 8:09 PM
Dec 2016
I'm not a fan of isekai because of the repetitive prompt "person is /cause of death/ so they go to /destiny/" and when this came out it was a fresh air on the really popular genre (still popular now lol), the constant duel with "X" was really amazing. It's so underrated mostly because is not taken seriously (a man becomes a kid and fights with magic sounds little weird for some people xD) I think or mostly is a war/military anime which is a genre a little bit specific. Another example isekai that suffer of being unseen is "the ascendance of a bookworm" with similar things (except this one is way more slow than youjo). And the protagonist being a girl (even if in the other life was a man is still a girl and he presents as a she in this new reincarnation) don't help at all because is a not so hidden thing that the animes with a female protagonist have it harder. I'm not talking about shojo/romance/magical girl I'm talking everything else .There is a lot of genres out there so im probably wrong and surely there's others that are female leaders that are popular like Ai Yazawa works .
Aug 14, 2023 9:28 PM
Mar 2019
It was pretty popular when it released but the lack of a second season has really pushed it further into obscurity when compared to stuff like overlord. Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s popularity picks back up when the second season does come out though.
Aug 15, 2023 2:27 PM
Jun 2020
I watched it after seeing the Quartet. Although it is not on a level of Konosuba, I still like it and even got a taste for military anime.

You can always watch 3 eps and go to Quartet if it doesn't suit you
Aug 17, 2023 8:37 AM
Mar 2021
Really good story, like the opposite of the story of Job from the bible. Animation is top notch. I gave it a 10/10.
Aug 17, 2023 6:58 PM

Feb 2021
69S7B4A5A said:

I don’t think the right word is “underrated”, you should have used “overlooked”.

Anyways no, I think it is fairly popular. It is no one piece or demon slayer but still.
Aug 17, 2023 7:01 PM

Mar 2013
Despite being an isekai it is not really a power fantasy like Overlord or even have elements of it like Rezero or Konosuba.
Aug 18, 2023 1:32 AM
Jun 2021
I think it's underrated.. for the larger community or on the surface level but I stumble upon another that's not into just the mainstream ones and seasonal animes, and this series is quite a banger in that community.
I recommend watching this! This is one-of-a-kind Isekai to the point I didn't think this was an Isekai in the first place
Aug 18, 2023 10:06 AM
Jun 2022
I have watched this anime series and I have enjoyed it for me it is really underrated
Aug 25, 2023 1:06 PM
Nov 2022
It is very nice though

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2017

450 by Araxyz »»
Sep 16, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2017

294 by imwibusowhat »»
Aug 14, 7:41 PM

» What is tanya's gun sound closer to(full auto)

Kitsune_089 - Jul 18

8 by Valkay »»
Jul 22, 3:24 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

148 by Pullups4Days »»
Jul 5, 5:13 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2017

125 by lazypanda666 »»
Jun 21, 9:05 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.