Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2023 1:04 PM

Jan 2015
This arc is going heavy with the info dumps and mysteries at the same time.

Bathing time aside, Sherumi and Menae seem to be extremely mysterious on how they lost their limbs. Riko & co are right to stay alert with everyone involved in the scene. I love seeing everyone eating together, although of course they had to make Reg taste it first to know if the food was poisoned lol. 
I also find the Srajo’s gap moe pretty funny. She doesn’t really know how to cook properly but nothing can be said about it or she will get very sad and depressed. In contrast to her kind of more cheerful and extroverted personality. With a little bit of salt, everyone could enjoy her food. The hand signal scene was funny lol

As fun as the first cooking scene was, we finally get ready for the more serious stuff. Riko’s squad, “Hello Abyss(title drop holy shit lmao), wants to form a temporary party with Heil Hex to go down the 7th layer. And oh my god, we finally goy our first look at it. 

I find it rather interesting Nanachi mentioning that the nature of the abyss suddenly changed as soon as they got close to its entrance. The bird beasts sure look dangerous and we don’t want to have anything to do with them. The unknown is scary. Gotta say that between the 7th layer’s “eye”, its weird meaty appearance and the mention of it mimicing the inhaling and exhaling, it sure makes me wonder if we are finally getting the confirmation that it’s indeed a living being.

Lastly, we get back to Orth and Ozen is back! 
It’s been so long we’ve seen her in the manga, it feels like a fever dream. Onto business, the whole conversation about the twins’ origins, their names ending up always as Sherumi and Menae, twins being born or not once every 30 years was both intriguind and confusing as fuck. I hope Ozen explains it a bit more clear cause we’re as confused as Jirou. Also this opens up the fact the Sherumi and Menae we know are possibly not the same dying pair we learnt about some time ago. Very interesting. 
Also that last panel! What did Ozen mean by the curse that made its way to Orth affecting someone? There’s so much mystery I can’t keep up with. I’m not even trying anymore to solve the plot of this manga anymore, I’m just in for the ride at this point.

XenocrisiJul 30, 2023 1:08 PM
Aug 1, 2023 10:59 PM

Jul 2019
I just finished reading the chapter, so I'm still getting my thoughts in order, but damn, without a doubt this was one of the best chapters and one of my favorites, I enjoyed reading through all those dozens of pages like never before.

Also, I definitely have to mention how great the last 9 pages were, I instantly felt like I was in a completely different story and with a much darker tone (also literally lol).

Anyway, reading this chapter was an unforgettable experience for me, plus seeing Ozen again and this time with a bit different art that matches her perfectly was a very pleasant surprise.

And, as it couldn't be otherwise when you read a chapter of Made in Abyss, the unknowns increase and the intrigue and excitement to discover these new secrets grows even more!

It would definitely be great to have one or two more chapters this year.
Aug 2, 2023 2:43 AM
Jan 2018
That chapter was so peak I don't even know where to begin. The small little nuanced ways that Srajo and the Hail Hex have been humanized go such a long way. Despite being a character that we're still not sure we can trust, she's still so endearing as well. And the same goes for the other characters and the little dynamics they have with both each other and Riko's gang. There's Nishagora's friendly rivalry with Reg, there's the budding bond between Yatamaru and that mysterious masked dude (which we saw in the Bondrewd flashback in chaoter 64), there's Srajo's slowly budding slowly trusting relationship with Riko, etc. 

And then there's Sherumi and Menae. At first they were introduced just to exposit some cool trivia about the Abyss, but ever since their deaths they've been subtly built up more and more to the point of being the front cover of Volume 12 (I should've know there was more to it then Tsukushi being Tsukushi.....tho that may still be true). But after this revelation from Ozen, they're looking to be one of the most important factors of this arc.....

Oh yeah, speaking of Ozen....

HOLY SHIT OZEN'S BACK! LIKE, BACK BACK! NOT JUST A NAME DROP! AND her appearance is a direct continuation of that Jirou side story from all those chapters ago holy shit. From the Shrine Maiden, to the mystery behind Miko, to whoever Doni is, to the full investigation behind the Birthday Death disease and now the mystery behind whatever the curse of the 7th layer is......

The build up in this arc is fucking insane and knowing this series I just know the pay-off is gonna be immaculate.

And now I have theories regarding what's coming next. 

Since this is the last official chapter of Volume 12 and all that's left is a Side Story, I'm convinced that this upcoming side-story is gonna be a direct continuation of this Ozen & Jirou plot-line. Not only that, but I think this side-story is gonna be all about Ozen and Jirou trekking down to the 7th layer; whether it be through the same short-cut that Cravali took, the elevator that Bondrewd uses to go to and from Orth or through a different method I don't know......but I've always brainrotted about a scene where Ozen discovers what happened to that Field of Eternal Fortunes that Lyza loved so much....and I personally hope we get something like that....but yeah.

Now for Riko and Srajo's joint operation, I don't think things are gonna go to plan.....at all (though it's made in abyss so that's a given lmfao). I think what's gonna happen is that Riko and Srajo are gonna be stuck together in a situation where they're forced to completely trust each other with their lives and that's gonna force Srajo to spill whatever secrets she's hiding about what the Juusou truly are and especially what happened to Sherumi and Menae. And to make the situation even more hectic....I think Ozen is gonna run into them as well while they're stuck.

And.....for my wildest theory....I think there's a chance that Bondrewd could come back. Hear me out

We saw in the Cravali side-story that Ozen's squad was planning something, and we saw Gyarike planning something along with the Umbra Hands. What if....Gyarike has Bondrewd's helmet with him? So that he can be summoned at will when things get bad? We already know that Gyarike is investigating the Shrine Maiden along with Hablog, it's just a maybe though.

So yeah that's it.....god I rambled a lot holy shit LOL.
Aug 4, 2023 7:27 AM

Jul 2021
Loving this current arc, it brings some new perspective of this Layer. Again, the way the characters interact is enjoyable, and the sense of mystery keeps getting more intriguing. 
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Oct 21, 2023 9:53 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Two groups joined in the same way!!
In the next chapter we will discover why the twins haven´t limbs!!! kekeke
Nov 6, 2023 12:11 AM
Dec 2021
Epic episode. Can't wait for the next in a year.
Nov 10, 2023 7:21 PM

Feb 2021
Wow has been 4 months since the first comment about this chapter ... SO in two months of lucky we Will get another chapter ... Two chapters a year ... This si like bersek back in the time
Dec 21, 2023 10:55 AM
Aug 2015
Is there any ETA for when the next chapter is to be out? Or is the series on hiatus?
Jan 10, 5:55 AM
Apr 2023
Once again ignoring the filth in the beginning but we're finally going into the seventh layer. We also got to see a bit more of Ozen at the end of the chapter, and this concept of twins is pretty interesting and strange. Whatever is in the seventh layer, it better have a lot of answers because we are getting a lot of mysterious information and there's so many questions I have left unanswered. But I love the story so far! I hope next chapter drops soon.
Jan 19, 6:37 AM
Apr 2018
is the author dead or something? my man sure is taking his time
Feb 21, 10:07 AM

Oct 2017
creepy, uncanny, awkward, great, beautiful, esotheric
R&B Leyend

More topics from this board

» Best new gen series

XiongYifan - Feb 29

10 by Riot »»
Apr 18, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Chapter 67 Discussion

Xenocrisi - Feb 14

24 by Artromex »»
Apr 13, 3:58 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Chapter 40 Discussion

Xenocrisi - Jul 7, 2017

12 by owennordness41 »»
Feb 26, 5:02 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Chapter 51 Discussion

Satou0Kun - Mar 31, 2019

26 by Luma2 »»
Feb 19, 6:54 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Chapter 61 Discussion

Xenocrisi - Oct 19, 2021

28 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Jan 31, 3:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.