Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Jun 22, 2023 7:40 AM

May 2015
Very emotionnal back to home day.

Great season 2, flipping a new page in the story of Vinland.
Jun 22, 2023 7:48 AM
Jun 2007
Finally Thorfinn is back to his hometown!
His sister, Ylva can one punch ko him. Haha.
So much tears in this ep!
Jun 22, 2023 7:59 AM
Nov 2019
beatitful to see this story (first 2 seasons atleast) concluded. this is statisfying as the end f the series tbh if i wasnt wshing to see how the building of vinland goes> seeing him go to all the places and complete dialougue from s1 was nce

"where do people who escape from here go?" was one of the lines that caught my attention in s1
Jun 22, 2023 8:11 AM
Jun 2022
This anime fr gave me a new ideology.
Jun 22, 2023 8:39 AM

Sep 2015
The Family reunion felt weak. But the second season is finally over.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jun 22, 2023 9:23 AM

Jul 2017
I have one word to say after this season......Masterpiece.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Hey there

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jun 22, 2023 9:27 AM
Jan 2023
I will miss this weekly journey alot. See you guys maybe next year or next season!
Jun 22, 2023 9:29 AM
Jun 2022
Nice I Waiting 3. Season
Jun 22, 2023 10:02 AM
Oct 2021
Flat out amazing.
Jun 22, 2023 1:13 PM
Jul 2022
I dont think I've ever teared up this much from a single season of any other TV show before in my life. God I'm gonna miss this show :(
Jun 22, 2023 1:15 PM
Jul 2022
deg said:
if this show does not get another season its fine to end it here since its a decent open ending

Absolutely not. If this show didn't get another season, it'd be a crime. Luckily they're already teasing Season 3 so it looks like it'll happen.
Jun 22, 2023 1:25 PM
Oct 2018
Great ep, thorfinn has grown so much!
Jun 22, 2023 4:08 PM

Jul 2022
0h m4n 1 sUr3 h0P3 hE gR0ws h1s b3ArD b4cK

0f c0uRS3 PEAKland sAg4 n3Ver m1Ss3S 10/10
Jun 23, 2023 12:20 AM

Oct 2012
They really almost made it a whole season without any anime shenanigans. Oh well, close enough.
Jun 23, 2023 12:50 AM
Jun 2021
Season 2 of Vinland Saga continues the captivating and emotionally charged journey of Thorfinn as he returns to Iceland after a long absence. The harsh and unforgiving landscape serves as a stark contrast to Thorfinn's desire for redemption and reconciliation with his family. The reunion scenes are beautifully portrayed, with Thorfinn's mother, Helga, recognizing him immediately and his sister, Ylva, initially skeptical but eventually accepting his identity.

The storytelling throughout the season has been exceptional, building upon the harrowing experiences Thorfinn endured during his time away from home. The character development of Thorfinn is remarkable, and witnessing his transformation over the years is truly memorable. The narrative unfolds in a way that keeps viewers engaged and invested in his quest to create a peaceful land in Vinland.

The animation quality from MAPPA, taking over from Wit Studio, remains outstanding, capturing the essence of the characters and the intricacies of their emotions. The attention to detail in the visuals, particularly during poignant moments like Thors' reflection and the cinematic scene at the grave, is commendable.

The season also delves into the larger-scale endeavor of establishing a peaceful land, which requires financial resources. Leif's willingness to support Thorfinn adds depth to their relationship and showcases the strong bonds formed during their time together.

The two reviews provided perfectly capture the sentiment of many viewers who were deeply moved by the season. The emotional reunion, the growth of characters like Ylva, and the unwavering support of Helga all contribute to the powerful storytelling that leaves a lasting impact.

Vinland Saga Season 2 is a masterpiece in its own right, successfully building upon the foundation laid in the first season. The character development, stunning animation, and compelling narrative make it a truly remarkable adaptation. It is a series that will be remembered for its profound impact and will be cherished by fans for years to come.

As a viewer, I am grateful to everyone involved in bringing this incredible show to life, from the talented team at MAPPA to the original creator, Mr. Yukimura. Vinland Saga has provided a once-in-a-lifetime experience that will hold a special place in my heart.
Jun 23, 2023 2:44 AM
Aug 2014
what a masterpiece. im so glad i have a horrible memory and forgot most of the manga. man, the reread is going to be amazing.
Jun 23, 2023 2:45 AM
Aug 2014
what a masterpiece. im so glad i have a horrible memory and forgot most of the manga. man, the reread is going to be amazing.
Jun 23, 2023 11:21 AM
Dec 2021
Hermoso anime, espere con muchas ganas este ultimo episodio y valio mucha la pena.
Jun 23, 2023 12:30 PM
Jun 2021
simplesmente thorffin terminando e comecando um ciclo novoo
Jun 23, 2023 12:31 PM
Jun 2021
simplesmente thorffin terminando e comecando um ciclo novoo
Jun 23, 2023 1:57 PM

Nov 2014
Last 2 episodes should have been done as 1 condensed ep. This whole season's pacing has been off. I appreciate the art and overall story arc, but it's legitimately boring to see events play out exactly as you would expect them to with this kind of pacing
Jun 23, 2023 5:36 PM

Mar 2021
Absolutely incredible. The whole episode had me grinning from ear to ear. I love the reunion, it's been so long.

And the season as a whole really inspired me to strive for self-improvement. The positive messages it conveys warm my heart. Thorfinn's character development turned him into one of my favorite characters ever.

Who would've thought that a farming season would be this incredible?

Looks like it's time for me to read the manga.

Jun 23, 2023 11:09 PM
Mar 2020
Me encanto el desarrollo del personaje de Thorfinn, al principio de la temporada veías a una persona que se rendía de su vida, y luego entiendes que todo era parte del proceso, canalizar cada una de sus experiencias para encontrar quién es y hacía dónde debe ir, fue hermoso e inspirador.
Jun 23, 2023 11:32 PM

Jun 2023
After reading the manga, I was a little nervous about this arc being animated. After the nonstop fighting and action of the first season, I knew that many people would find it to be boring and drawn-out.

Thankfully, the significance and importance of the farming arc was not lost in the animation. The slower pace is almost symbolic of Thorfinn's own struggles: after relentlessly chasing his goal of killing Askeladd in the first season, he hits a standstill after losing the object of his revenge and his reason for living.

Of course there are people who couldn't vibe with that and found it to be a letdown, but I couldn't be happier that this season really gave the series a chance to shine in the spotlight. I highly recommend the manga for anyone who's curious about picking it up while waiting for news of a third season (hopefully!); it's truly a masterpiece.
What have you done today to deserve your eyes?

Jun 24, 2023 1:58 AM
Jul 2021
The "comedy skit" where Thorfinn got one-punched by his sister feels a bit tonally off and out-of-touch for some reason. The scene where she brushed off Thorfinn's return as Leif's comfort story is actually very sad and gut-wrenching. Aside from those parts, the episode is a brilliant mirror of the series pilot.
Jun 24, 2023 2:21 AM
Sep 2021
character development
Jun 24, 2023 4:18 AM
Jun 2021
best episode I have ever witnessed the character development for Thorfinn was insane one of the best anime character no cap
some of the people didn't enjoyed this season cuz it was slow paced but I actually enjoyed every moment of it .
Jun 24, 2023 5:41 AM

May 2015
Ylva > thorfinn. FACTS!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 24, 2023 12:18 PM
Feb 2023
Best anime this year so far. The writing is just impeccable. Waited until the season was actually finished and to be free to binge watch the last few episodes.
Jun 24, 2023 10:01 PM
Sep 2021
i love vinland saga, for me is the best anime of the world.
Jun 25, 2023 6:00 AM
Apr 2023
Peak anime/manga
Jun 25, 2023 10:30 AM

Oct 2013
2nd season is way so much better than the 1st, all that build up finally paid off, what a masterpiece, can't wait for the season finale

10/10
Jun 25, 2023 11:06 AM
Mar 2015
beautiful ending for a beautiful show
Jun 25, 2023 2:13 PM
Apr 2023
5ika said:
ZXEAN said:
You wanted them to cut off entire Brother-sister reunion part or what ? That scene was genuinely funny imo.
I very rarely like slapstick humor to begin with especially on more serious stuff. Even considering that the round 2 inside the house was just painful to watch. I can overlook it once in a while, like just the first kick would have been fine, but they just went all in.

The fact that her >violence< is okay and treated as a "haha laugh now" slapstick moment is actually kindov hypocritical of the author, and it totally breaks the mood of the scene imo. It's been a whole season of, "Be sad about Arnheid and do not commit violence. Violence always bad."  Then they awkwardly drop Violent WWE Sis on us, her outbursts really made the pacing of the episode drag, every moment with the sis sperging out was made worse by it.
BustyKagefusaJun 25, 2023 2:21 PM
Jun 25, 2023 2:25 PM
Jan 2023
BustyKagefusa said:
5ika said:
I very rarely like slapstick humor to begin with especially on more serious stuff. Even considering that the round 2 inside the house was just painful to watch. I can overlook it once in a while, like just the first kick would have been fine, but they just went all in.

The fact that her >violence< is okay and treated as a "haha laugh now" slapstick moment is actually kindov hypocritical of the author, and it totally breaks the mood of the scene imo. It's been a whole season of, "Be sad about Arnheid and do not commit violence. Violence always bad."  Then they awkwardly drop Violent WWE Sis on us, her outbursts really made the pacing of the episode drag, every moment with the sis sperging out was made worse by it.
breaks the mood of what scene? you can literally tell she forgot thorfinn and where he has been. 

That's called sibling smack, I'm guessing you never had any sibling in the first place. 
Jun 26, 2023 8:04 AM

Jun 2023
poemofdevil said:
aGtre fliean dna ategr eosnsa. yM oyln (slalm) pergi is tath I uldow veha ildek a aeets rlsiiam to het nEd of het goolPuer rfom osnsae noe, tub hte goaetmn nsowihg spta svnoeirs of hroTs, leagH, yBab vaYl, eifL, and sdadAekl, eeorbf oingshw eth wne seorinv of nhonTirf ilweh mNoanrin was ypignal wsa erulfonwd os valeorl I ma yphpa.
Ok, interesting.I 49.390249023% agree with yuu.
Jun 26, 2023 11:34 AM
Mar 2023
BustyKagefusa said:
5ika said:

I think you're misinterpreting the show. The show is not saying violence is bad. The show is saying violence without empathy is bad (at least for thorfinn). That is why thorfinn now fights with fists. This is what vinland saga reinforces as its theme later on in the manga.
Jun 26, 2023 11:38 AM
Nov 2022
This season was a masterpiece. Season 2 from Vinland Saga had everything I wanted for Thorfinn's development. In the first season I didn't like him at all and found the side characters much more interesting. But now I feel like I really got to know the real Thorfinn in the last 24 episodes. 
He became just like Thors always wanted him to be. I'm curious to see how he implements his new philosophy in the next season. 

Knut has also changed a lot. I really liked him in S1, but in S2 I had my doubts about him. But I'm glad to see that he chose the good side in the end.

I also really like the new characters. I have grown very fond of Einar and am very glad that Thorfinn has found a real, loyal friend in him.
Olmar has also experienced an amazing development. From a young man who wanted to go to war unreservedly to become a real fighter like his brother, to a person who abhors violence. He does a better job at it than Ketil. I was totally wrong about him. I really thought he was a good person in this cruel world, but even such people can do despicable things that no one expects.
Arnheid and Gardar's story brought me to tears and I hope they can all have a better life together in heaven. It made me so happy to see Thorfinn back at his home and Im very excited to see what awaits him in Vinland.

I hope Vinland Saga gets a third season because this anime is just awesome.
Jun 26, 2023 11:52 AM

Apr 2020
It’s a sign of phenomenal storytelling... words just can't describe how special this season truly is. 
Jun 26, 2023 12:59 PM

Jul 2010
What was stopping Thorfinn from going back home right after Askelad dies? Or at least seeking out Leif? Why the fuck would he just accept being made a slave????
Jun 26, 2023 3:05 PM
Mar 2023
SnowC said:
What was stopping Thorfinn from going back home right after Askelad dies? Or at least seeking out Leif? Why the fuck would he just accept being made a slave????
when askleladd died, thorfinn lost his purpose in life and his reason to live. Rewatch the first couple of episodes and and you'll see that thorfinn believes that his life isn't valuable and he doesn't really care what happens to himself.
Jun 26, 2023 5:06 PM
Jan 2017
muito foda finalmente encontrou a familia
Jun 26, 2023 10:09 PM
Feb 2015
peakland saga peakland saga peakland saga
Jun 27, 2023 1:43 AM

Jul 2010
VenturePunpun said:
SnowC said:
when askleladd died, thorfinn lost his purpose in life and his reason to live. Rewatch the first couple of episodes and and you'll see that thorfinn believes that his life isn't valuable and he doesn't really care what happens to himself.

I guess we can also say that he doesn't care what happens to his family/friends either? They're an afterthought even at the end of the season. It's kinda wild.
Jun 27, 2023 3:25 AM
Mar 2023
SnowC said:
VenturePunpun said:

I guess we can also say that he doesn't care what happens to his family/friends either? They're an afterthought even at the end of the season. It's kinda wild.
no he most definitely cares. He just simply doesnt want to recieve happiness from seeing them again. Thorfinn simply didn't care about being happy at the beginning of the season. Its hard to care about ones own happiness when you don't even care about yourself.
Jun 27, 2023 5:19 AM
Jan 2016
SnowC said:
VenturePunpun said:

Any psychiatrist could tell you that he was obviously not in the right state of mind throughout the season. When you're depressed, other people are an afterthought. The person is too busy thinking whether its even worth it living on further.
Jun 27, 2023 6:18 AM

Dec 2012
The homecoming to Iceland made me very nostalgic. I felt like I was the one finally returning. I really lost it on the reunion with Helga. More than anything, I'm relieved that Thorfinn's mother & sister were no longer in the dark on his whereabouts and that closure was brought by his safe return.

This is the Red Dead Redemption of anime. Truly a legendary follow-up to an already phenomenal prologue season. Thorfinn's story of redemption is perhaps one of the best & most gripping I've ever seen. Most of the time, the character being redeemed did something that viewers still find acceptable or sympathetic. While there's still value to those stories, they don't drive home the discomfort that comes with watching that character bear truly indefensible sins. For an entire season, we saw how Thorfinn became detached & assimilated as a cog in the war machine, never questioning what he had to do to pursue his own vain vengeance. Even to the end of season one, he never learned his lesson or had any major revelation. It's precisely because he remained a bad person to the end that his change of heart in this season has real power to it.

The one moment that's stuck with me about Thorfinn's transformation was when he was listening to passages from the Bible. It's very fitting since Christianity teaches salvation through grace, not works or effort. The redemption can only begin once Thorfinn is given a chance to change.

In sharp contrast is Canute's descent as a sinner. Perhaps the best part of his development is how rather than outright rejecting Christianity, he denies God while still fully believing in His existence. Canute sees himself as a rebel who wants to secede from heaven and claim independence from his celestial father. The irony is how this stemmed from his initial rebellion against Sweyn, which has now bound him to the ghost of his father.

Another major strong point was revolving this new chapter in the saga around the perspective of slaves. It thrusts us into the shackles of the most vulnerable & victimized as the question is constantly pressed - why continue living? The dream of Vinland is an extremely idealistic response to such cruelty, but becomes a necessary pursuit for Thorfinn to change. Reaching for an unattainable ideal leads extraordinary people to greater heights.

Overall, this story is a testament towards the will to live as well as striving for larger than life ideals. 10/10

6/29:
Looking back once more, it's truly incredible to consider how it took physical slavery for Thorfinn to discover inner freedom. It reminds me of the song "Amazing Grace."
ZekkenshinJun 29, 2023 12:04 PM
Jun 27, 2023 10:52 PM

Jul 2021
now we wait for season 3 announcement. pretty sure we will get it.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jun 28, 2023 12:01 AM
May 2020
I'm so happy for Thorfinn huhu
Jun 28, 2023 4:18 AM
May 2018
peak fiction!!!!!!
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » we getting that award fr ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jan 23

53 by FruitPunchBaka »»
Yesterday, 8:20 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2023

370 by ebobota »»
May 10, 10:57 AM

» Thorfin a pushover?

Superninjaboy2 - Apr 27

45 by LargeSkittle »»
May 6, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2023

284 by OrganikPatates »»
Apr 30, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2023

379 by __Klavier__ »»
Apr 30, 3:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.