Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jun 21, 2023 6:16 PM

Mar 2020
I'm seriously wondering why this film has an average overall score of 8. It deserves a 6 at most.
Jun 23, 2023 3:56 AM
Feb 2019
So generally movies go: an opening fight -> story -> leading to an epic finale.
How this went: fight -> more fight -> finale fight (with some Fast & Furious family nonsense)
Quite literally I haven't watched such a monotonous 1 and half hr non-stop fight scene ever! This plain sucks.
Jun 23, 2023 1:53 PM

Feb 2018
Wasn't really that impressed by the antagonists in this one, animation was solid towards the end though so would definitely say that's its strong point.
Jun 23, 2023 2:03 PM
Mar 2023
it was horrible , i was gonna puk
Jun 23, 2023 10:45 PM

Apr 2014
this was pretty amazing 

now heres hoping for a season 2 to finally happen

with that said again this movie was amazing  so good to see more anime for this series with such quality at that 

god did i miss it 
"one step at a time"
Jun 24, 2023 1:27 AM

Aug 2020
9/10. Great movie, never cared for the story coming in. I watched it for the animation and I got what I wanted. This people smh wanting to hate everything. For once, Black Clover has insane animation and great fight scenes and now these people are crying for plot?! Hell we got 170 episodes for that, just enjoy the colours dammit. Fans are so insufferable watching it for criticising instead of enjoyment
Jun 24, 2023 10:38 AM
Aug 2022
The animation was far beyond amazing.
The story, well I didn't expected it to be good from the beginning knowing this a filler movie, by watching the trailer.
But, the concept was great, like bringing previous Wizard Kings.
The music was also great.
I was most impressed by the animation and but the one thing I like more was that, they bring almost every character for this movie.
Jun 24, 2023 3:40 PM
Oct 2019
Kasugi said:
it was horrible , i was gonna puk
You gave it a 1/10? Lol

It wasn't that bad. 
Jun 25, 2023 11:37 PM
Feb 2021
happy they made a movie to continue this. But I must say this shit was boring....

why tf does Asta look like that..
#MsFunnyBunny

bring this show back I wanna see him beat the devil..
Jun 26, 2023 3:08 AM
Jul 2020
Amazing. I have no idea why people are complaining about the story when the main purpose of the movie was clearly to fanservice fans with action after action

Shit was fire, and the animation was gorgeous, something i never expected to see from bc, and i hope they keep the quality to the next season. Though, it is pretty hard to decide whether to give this one an 8 or a 9. Maybe an 8.5

And is it just me or noelle's voice got abit deeper?
laaalaJun 26, 2023 3:17 AM
Jun 26, 2023 9:11 PM

May 2015
this was pure action for 2 hours non-stop
i mean it's Black Clover, it's not like I was expecting some deep story
Jun 26, 2023 10:45 PM
Oct 2019
laaala said:
Amazing. I have no idea why people are complaining about the story 
Because it was a good movie but could've been an excellent movie with a little better "story" (e.g., better villain backstories).

Push past your limits.

It was literally about 1 hour and 15 or 20 minutes of action/fighting, right? I would've loved to have replaced 10-15 minutes of action with proper backstories. 

You know how in the anime we get backstories during the fights (almost every Black Bull, Mars and Fana, the Elves, Secre and Lumiere, etc? I wanted that. It's just generally important to know "who" someone is and "why" they are in order to become invested in their story, and their inevitable success/failure.

-----

As for Noelle, her English VA really grated on my ears once she got her magic back vs Edward. Super screechy-screamy. Unpleasant. She was never like that in the anime (Idk how the Japanese VA handled it). Other than that scene was her voice deeper? Not that I noticed. 
Jun 26, 2023 10:47 PM
Oct 2019
anikevin said:

i mean it's Black Clover, it's not like I was expecting some deep story

Anime has/had a pretty compelling story
Jun 26, 2023 11:03 PM
Jun 2016
Mereoleona the best character, she deserves to be the wizard queen!!! and what an incredible animation!!!!
Jun 27, 2023 10:36 AM

Jul 2022
Kinda disappointed that they interrupted Asta vs Yuno fight, also this is the first time I've seen Noelle with the cleanest hair down, this movie focuses on The Power of Friendship lmao,
some fights were not included and seemed cut short, also the finale fight reminds me of Kirito in Sword Art Online using the dual wielding sword.
Jun 28, 2023 2:45 AM
Dec 2022
Amazing animation and storyline. well overall earned my top 5 anime list.
Jun 29, 2023 9:56 AM

Nov 2020
Well that was a lot fun. After two whole years it was nice returning to the Clover Kingdom and seeing our favorite characters on screen again. It more or less gave me what I wanted, a bunch of beautifully animated battles with a creative mix of magic powers and abilities. What sort of surprised me was the main villain, who had a motivation that made sense and tied back into aspects of the main series. Such as the prejudice and elitism seen in the kingdom in regards to magic, and how it effects commoners like Asta. The film also moved at a good pace, rarely slowing down while still getting across a competent story and giving everyone a moment to shine. Good job Pierrot, let's hope the continuation to the show isn't too far off now.
Are ya winning, diners?
Jun 29, 2023 2:44 PM
Mar 2015
Isn't filler wonderful  Just combine plus ultra , the [power of friendship the avatars of wizard king and never give up 
Jul 2, 2023 4:55 AM
Oct 2016
Movie was great, i hope s2 of black clover comes sooner than later
Jul 3, 2023 8:19 AM

May 2020
well that was a pretty decent movie
it was good seeing all the black cover caste again
a canon movie would have been much better
well let's hope the anime comes back soon
7/10 for this movie

Jul 4, 2023 3:55 AM
Aug 2019
I think, it has really good animations but story is very stereotype. Flow of the film was predictable and familiar the first season of the anime.
Jul 4, 2023 3:26 PM
Dec 2020
Great but not really the most incredile, really enjoyed it tho ! Kinda sad it doesn't follow the timeline
Jul 6, 2023 3:56 PM

Mar 2010
Damn it was nice seeing all the gals especially noelle, I can't lie i've fapped to her so many times The fights were nb either. Wish we saw more sis leona tho.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 7, 2023 9:37 AM
Jan 2021
it was very good and it really made made me think also how Asta could easily become one like them the villain for example if Yuno wasn't there for Asta when he discovered that he doesn't have magic he probably would have went the same path
Jul 12, 2023 3:42 AM
May 2021
Timeline confused me
Jul 13, 2023 9:59 AM
Oct 2019
MID CLOVER. MID ASS MOVIE
Jul 13, 2023 2:05 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Plot twist in the post-credits scene: Asta and Yuno straight up KILL EACH OTHER WTF

Wow, it just didn't stop. Once you think it's going to let up a little, it just keeps going. This is like all the crazy insane over the top moments from all 170 episodes crammed into a nearly 2-hour movie that is relentless with it's action. It does it's movie-level production budget justice, everyone's faces looks great; no off-modelling here which was common before. Now just a little nitpick which I've always had with Black Clover's action scenes: and that is while the animation isn't necessarily BAD, it feels just a bit MESSY, and that is still the case with this movie. Kind of just like they through stuff at the screen and hoped that it sticked. Sure that may be its style, but I still see it as a slight mess, rather than a CONTROLLED mess, if you get what I mean. But again, that's just a very minor nitpick on my part. This WHOLE movie looked as good as the BEST-looking parts of the series, perhaps even better at times.

Our villains thankfully aren't your fully evil generic type that want to destroy the whole world, and are at least a little bit sympathetic. They still want to basically destroy the world, but at the very least they have a reason for doing so and believe it is for the greater good. But none of that really matters, we just need some big baddies for our guys to go up against, and for adrenaline-rushing moments where Asta and all the others keep yelling that they're never going to give up no matter what. Shallow? Sure, but that's up to you. Black Clover has always been something really easy for the analyzing critic to pick apart. But if you're like me, and the many fans of this show, and are invested in these characters, you just get lost in the hype and end up screaming along side them inside, maybe a tear falling down the side of your face, or two. And if you're simply looking for more Black Clover, well, this movie just gives you more of what you're looking for.

It's gonna be a while until we get more Black Clover. But for now, even though it's been a minute since I've finished the main series, it has strongly re-invigorated the hype and love I have for this show.

7.8/10

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 17, 2023 1:26 PM
Feb 2021
Everything about this movie was GOATED. From the plot to the story telling, the characters' development, the voice acting, the cinematography, and most especially the animation; it was so well done!!!
Jul 23, 2023 2:38 PM

Nov 2017
It's a excellent movie! The animation is top just like the OST! Without forgetting the seiyū that goes with it! An "all star" cast or fan service makes me extremely happy! What a treat! However, I am surprised that after this long wait, it turns out not to be a canonical film after all! 😅
Jul 24, 2023 5:32 PM
Sep 2020
Masterpiece at movie bruhh frrrr
Jul 27, 2023 8:21 PM
Mar 2023
When the new Season will come?
Jul 30, 2023 7:08 AM
Jul 2023
sssssssssssssssssssssssss
Jul 31, 2023 4:29 PM
Dec 2018
it was well animated and kind of a nice back story to the kingdom
Aug 10, 2023 4:47 AM
Aug 2020
BEST BLACK CLOVER MOVIE OF ALL TIME. just pure actions.
Aug 12, 2023 8:51 PM
Jan 2021
it was extremely forgettable. i wished they adapted a bit of the war arc
Aug 20, 2023 11:27 PM
Oct 2022
la mejor pelicula de black clover que podes ver me gusto mucho la simblogia detras de las frases como por ejemplo: Mi magia es no Rendirme!!!!
Aug 30, 2023 7:12 PM
Jul 2021
Otimas cenas de lutas, a construção da trama foi perfeita, e o haruka mirai na luta final foi de emocionar
Sep 2, 2023 11:11 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
A film full of action... all the characters showed their best attacks and Asta style from the start until the end was amazing!!!

The animation quality was cool, and the attacks had great points and details!

The plot was the most weak, very simple, without deep, a development of revenge and change, the past returns to the present, this time the last Clover King with "friends"..

7/10 to me

kekeke
Sep 2, 2023 3:45 PM
Apr 2020
mid kinda sus and baka sus too
Sep 12, 2023 5:45 AM
Jul 2023
o filme ficou muito bom e a qualidade do filme também
Sep 18, 2023 10:06 AM
Mar 2017
I really liked the side story and it was a great picece to watch. The fights in this movie are how they supposed to look like in the anime
Sep 25, 2023 10:34 PM
Nov 2022
This was a good movie. I had fun the whole time. The animation was wonderful and every important character was once in the spotlight. The story, on the other hand, I didn't find that great. I couldn't quite understand the Villian's reasons for destroying Clover and them as characters. Here a backstory to each Villian would have been necessary. But I liked their designs and abilities a lot.

The movie also definitely had too many fight moments. A few memorable dialogue scenes would have been more appropriate.

Overall, I still enjoyed the movie and hope that new episodes of Black Clover will be released soon.
8/10

Oct 1, 2023 10:34 AM
Jul 2023
the main villans character design at the end was amazing
Nov 11, 2023 4:02 AM

May 2020
I remember them announcing this movie right after the main series ended, and to be honest the kind of production this had, it does show Pierrot indeed took those 2 and a half years with this movie quite seriously. As Black Clover, a series which is known for its below average animation and fight sequences, atleast in the earlier part, didn't look that way.. even for a minute this time around.

As for story, nothing to write home about honestly, as I mean when you have people depicting evil for the sake of evil, things do become quite predictable. Moreover we didn't even know who these wizard kings were before this movie, so hard to connect with them emotionally or with their ambitions.

Decent enough movie all around. Blistering action plus a good way to remind us all about the world and the characters. Mereoleona's bit with Funnybunny(very weird name honestly lol) was my favourite part.

Now I want to see anime back, but guess it'd take a good while. Pierrot would want to finish Bleach first and then even the manga has changed magazines, so they would not want to end up in a situation where they're caught up and have no further chapters to work on.
Dec 1, 2023 6:25 AM

Jan 2014
full action packed all the way. the story is kinda meh, but damn we get to see how OP the previous Wizard King is. and they're all suprised to see anti-magic.
and I actually wondering if Conrad could really steal Anti-magic and add it to his arsenal though. because I don't think he could, it destroy the "anti-magic" itself if it can be stealed by other magic.

if we could revive those previous wizard kings to our current arc, they definitely would win against Lucifero.
Dec 7, 2023 8:38 AM
May 2022
It was amazing i love it
Dec 8, 2023 11:42 AM

Jan 2008
Wow, that was so much better than I expected. Sure the story wasn't special or anything, especially for a shounen movie but I absolutely loved the non-stop action from like the halfway point to the end which is a lot considering it's nearly 2 hours and to top it off, visually great all the way through. It was so entertaining seeing how much of a powerhouse the previous kings were.
Dec 14, 2023 10:14 AM
Dec 2023
I don't understand why this anime is very underrated. This anime deserves to be more famous too, it is one the best anime i have ever watched
Dec 20, 2023 10:26 PM
Feb 2021
la vdd me gusto mucho
Jan 21, 12:07 PM
Jan 2017
Went in with no expectations ended up loving it. Can't wait for the next season to start!
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Can we get more MOVIES ?

HP445 - Sep 30, 2023

15 by Foreall908 »»
Oct 6, 2023 2:59 AM

» Continuation of the anime?

vaedeer - Dec 1, 2022

41 by vaedeer »»
Sep 30, 2023 12:50 PM

Poll: » Yami was nerfed?

Gonryo_Spectrum - Jul 9, 2023

12 by Scordolo »»
Jul 23, 2023 12:45 AM

» What did you score this and why? ( 1 2 )

aod-kun - Jun 22, 2023

54 by Mewann »»
Jul 8, 2023 8:35 PM

» Lackluster story ( 1 2 )

Melody8I8 - Jun 16, 2023

52 by DollFishu »»
Jul 3, 2023 11:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.