Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2023 7:56 PM
Oct 2018
The final episode. Fortunately, it stuck the landing and delivered one last amazing episode. Astro has to go retrieve some blueprints that were made prior to his creation that were stolen by spies. His mission is to prevent them being used to create replicas of him, and steal them back. Along the way, he meets a girl that helps him infiltrate the base. Shortly after, he learns that she is the robot that was made from his blueprints! I could tell where the episode was going and how it was going to end from the beginning, but it was still done very well, and the ending still made me almost tear up. In terms of final episodes, this one is up there.

Since, this is the final episode, I guess I should decide what I thought about the show as a whole. It was good, but not great. There were definitely some episodes that were WAY better than others, but overall this show was pretty consistently good. There's something so charming about Astro as a character and the show itself is very timeless. It's basically an old show about the future, and as a result it will never feel dated. However, I can definitely see some things that have not aged too well, but those are very minimal. It's still pretty good. I do have some nitpicks that I pointed out in my comments after every episode, so clearly there were things I didn't like from certain episodes, but if I were to recommend this show, I'd still say it's worth a watch. Good anime.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tetsuwan Atom (1980) Episode 5 Discussion

MoblinGoblin - May 19, 2023

1 by PlasticRobot »»
Nov 17, 2023 7:43 AM

Poll: » Tetsuwan Atom (1980) Episode 4 Discussion

PlasticRobot - Nov 15, 2023

0 by PlasticRobot »»
Nov 15, 2023 9:15 AM

Poll: » Tetsuwan Atom (1980) Episode 1 Discussion

Viltas - May 27, 2018

4 by PlasticRobot »»
Nov 14, 2023 6:56 PM

Poll: » Tetsuwan Atom (1980) Episode 51 Discussion

MoblinGoblin - Jun 12, 2023

0 by MoblinGoblin »»
Jun 12, 2023 7:09 PM

Poll: » Tetsuwan Atom (1980) Episode 50 Discussion

MoblinGoblin - Jun 12, 2023

0 by MoblinGoblin »»
Jun 12, 2023 6:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.