Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 8, 2023 9:40 PM

Sep 2014
I'm aware this manga is a bit dated and all, and creating a new topic seems redundant. But I gotta know if anyone is bothered by the age gap between Teru and Daisy. I'm still reading and have read 23 chapters, but something about it keeps getting me. This story could have easily been written about a college aged student but it's a high school girl (as most anime/manga go, I guess). Teru definitely ACTS like a high schooler, looks like a child, etc. so the fact that the main love interest is so much older is quite weird no?

Also, I'm not really asking about semantics to do with Japan's acceptance and culture around young girls. Moreover wondering if on a personal level this bothered anyone. Because it's making me wonder if I should keep reading and I'm not sure if I should. 
May 16, 2023 12:33 PM
Apr 2019
Indeed it bothers me too. I'm reading and on 22 chapter right now. Since we know exactly how old is Daisy it bothers me more XD (also since the-almost-kiss) But I keep telling myself it's just a fiction, and as you've pointed, it might not bother Japanese readers especially over 10 years ago.
And on top of that I'm guessing there might be parting and Tasuku and Teru will reunite when she will be an adult. After all 8 years age gap is quite acceptable when both are hm... over 25? 30?XD
Sep 21, 2023 9:42 AM

May 2020
It definitely bothered me but I've accepted that the manga was written in a time where relationships like this were more acceptable or at least could be romanticised without too much backlash.

If it bothers you a lot now, you probably won't be anymore comfortable by the time it ends. If you feel uncomfortable, it's fine to stop reading.
Apr 7, 7:46 AM

Feb 2017
Didn't really bother me at all because I know it's just fiction, I separate fiction from reality. Don't let this kind of stuff bother me unless it's done in a gross way. Kurosaki is 100% husband material, honestly loved it one of the best manga I've read!
Apr 7, 8:39 AM

Sep 2014
Sphealz said:
Didn't really bother me at all because I know it's just fiction, I separate fiction from reality. Don't let this kind of stuff bother me unless it's done in a gross way. Kurosaki is 100% husband material, honestly loved it one of the best manga I've read!

oh I definitely understand separating fiction from reality, and I can also usually just insert myself into the place of someone else to avoid the issue. it made it hard to separate because of the stark differences between the two mcs. I respect your love for it though and I'm glad you like it :3

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dengeki Daisy Chapter 79 Discussion

Barion-Zara - May 29, 2015

8 by TitanInsane »»
Mar 13, 2023 11:13 PM

Poll: » Dengeki Daisy Chapter 41 Discussion

emerald_city - Sep 16, 2011

29 by melody_04 »»
Jan 16, 2023 9:00 PM

Poll: » Dengeki Daisy Chapter 22 Discussion

Naruleach - Apr 18, 2010

16 by melody_04 »»
Jan 16, 2023 2:18 AM

Poll: » Dengeki Daisy Chapter 49 Discussion

Zhou - May 28, 2012

9 by removed-user »»
Jan 9, 2023 6:26 PM

Poll: » Dengeki Daisy Chapter 80 Discussion

Kitsu-nee - Feb 8, 2019

2 by ChoiGaba »»
Jan 3, 2023 2:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.