Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
86--EIGHTY-SIX (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 18, 2023 3:27 PM

Dec 2020
What's so likeable about Vladilena as a character ? Because she is sympathetic to the 86 or something else ? Or just because she's a girl so people like her as their waifu ? She didn't even have that much screentime in the anime . Just running like Rize from Tokyo Ghoul .
STSayebApr 21, 2023 4:00 AM

Complex Stories are basically sleeping pills . Helps to get some sleep .

Apr 18, 2023 3:52 PM
Nov 2022
I feel like it’s mostly because of what you said. Also because she actually seems intelligent when it comes to war planning as well.
Apr 18, 2023 3:53 PM
Sep 2022
Because you didn't read LN
Apr 18, 2023 4:09 PM
Jul 2021
IMHO

1) LNs for 86 are well worth reading … Lena is a complex and interesting character … great leader and strategist

2) Shin and she really enjoy each others company … soul mates
Apr 18, 2023 4:19 PM
Jul 2021
Read the LN. And also, while all the others are just either trashing on the non-Alba people, or turned a blind eye on the issue, Lena tried to reach out and understand the those non-Albas. And she, perhaps among with a few other Alba officers, actually stood up and command the defense of the broken Republic frontline, and managed to survive.

Being able to pull a feat against odds like that sure made her worthy of some sort of a title you know.

86 was not written in first-person point of view, so it spanned its attention among many characters. That said, it does not need to be one person, Lena or Shin or even any of the others, carrying a whole story of 86 from the beginning to the end. The stories of 86 was woven by the characters as one whole group. At least it seems like that to me
DeMarcKApr 18, 2023 4:29 PM
Stonks
Apr 18, 2023 4:44 PM
Sep 2022
For real tho, nickname "Bloody Regina" sounds so silly , the only thing i can think of after hearing that is Okabe from Steins Gate calling Makise something similar
Apr 18, 2023 5:21 PM

Sep 2021
Read the LN than make a thread.
Furuhashi1Apr 18, 2023 5:37 PM
Apr 18, 2023 5:23 PM
Oct 2020
Anime watcher here, and Im curious about that too

I cant fault the series for making her seem like a bag of ideals and strategies. Thats to be expected with the setting, and, thinking about it, that strikes me as a major flaw in the series as a whole. Because even if there would be tangible peace later into the story, these characters never knew peace to begin with so I feel that logically they wont ever really let their guard down and actually soften up. With what the audience has experienced from the story, I would think it wouldn’t feel real to them either.

Basically, its only been war but no peace
Apr 18, 2023 5:32 PM
May 2022
It’s Rize. Not Reze
Apr 18, 2023 6:25 PM
Jul 2021
Kudzio said:
For real tho, nickname "Bloody Regina" sounds so silly , the only thing i can think of after hearing that is Okabe from Steins Gate calling Makise something similar

Actually it makes sense, because it was created by the Albas (iirc); on a similar note, it does makes sense from the 86's perspectives.
Apr 18, 2023 7:17 PM
Oct 2021
read the light novels
Apr 18, 2023 8:01 PM
Feb 2021
_slowdiver said:
Anime watcher here, and Im curious about that too

I cant fault the series for making her seem like a bag of ideals and strategies. Thats to be expected with the setting, and, thinking about it, that strikes me as a major flaw in the series as a whole. Because even if there would be tangible peace later into the story, these characters never knew peace to begin with so I feel that logically they wont ever really let their guard down and actually soften up. With what the audience has experienced from the story, I would think it wouldn’t feel real to them either.

Basically, its only been war but no peace

Just because they never knew peace doesn’t mean they can’t learn it eventually though.
Apr 18, 2023 9:16 PM
Nov 2020
Because she is smart and hot af. She is a typical “I’m the good rockie” so it feels nostalgia to have character like this in a modern show
Apr 18, 2023 9:38 PM
Jan 2022
I liked her for multiple reasons, first of all I enjoyed how they showed her racism. It would be easy to make her the "pure hearted not racist" person, but even though she tried not to be she had her own blindspots and did micro aggressions. Watching her have to learn about the ingrained racism in her and work through them was cool to see. On top of that her interactions with spearhead squadron were very cute and fun. I loved the chemistry she has with Shin. I especially found it cathartic when after part 1, we see how she has finally stopped playing by the rules and forces the rules to play with her. It was a very good direction for the character to go in and true to life in how radical change cannot be done by working with the system. It also seems that there is more to her in the light novels from the comments but I have not read them so therefore my opinions are purely based on what the anime showed.
Apr 18, 2023 10:36 PM
Feb 2022
she is intresting charachter
Apr 18, 2023 11:52 PM
Feb 2022
STSayeb said:
What's so likeable about Vladilena as a character ? Because she is sympathetic to the 86 or something else ? Or just because she's a girl so people like her as their waifu ? She didn't even have that much screentime in the anime . Just running like Reze from Tokyo Ghoul .

bro just go read the LN instead of making trash threads and watching off brand anime
Apr 19, 2023 12:13 AM
Mar 2022
STSayeb said:
What's so likeable about Vladilena as a character ? Because she is sympathetic to the 86 or something else ? Or just because she's a girl so people like her as their waifu ? She didn't even have that much screentime in the anime . Just running like Reze from Tokyo Ghoul .

if u look closely
S1 was mostly for mellize's side and S2 was shin's side
and S1 outro was based on mellize and S2 outro was based on shin
someone pls correct me if i said the opposite 🥴
Apr 19, 2023 1:58 AM
Dec 2021
Tbh for me she's mostly fanservice. She IS really important character and maybe that's why people love her so much. But I think she is a bit shallow as a character, I wish she would develop more. And I also wish Anette had more screen time, she's so much more complex than Lena, she thinks like a human and not like those real life celebrities and influencers that fly to Africa to toss candy at children and post it on the internet.
Lena is a princess and nepo-baby. Anette, while she's also a nepo-baby, lived through some horrors of her own.

And also - Anju would look so much better on daikamakura, gimme that! xD
(yep, i'm a total fangirl with the biggest girl-crush)
Apr 19, 2023 1:59 AM
Dec 2021
But I will add one tuning - i'm just getting started with LN, maybe that's where Lena is portrayed as human-like, not as a perfect imaginary girlfriend.
Apr 19, 2023 2:43 AM
Jul 2020
Kalevatar said:
Tbh for me she's mostly fanservice. She IS really important character and maybe that's why people love her so much. But I think she is a bit shallow as a character, I wish she would develop more. And I also wish Anette had more screen time, she's so much more complex than Lena, she thinks like a human and not like those real life celebrities and influencers that fly to Africa to toss candy at children and post it on the internet.
Lena is a princess and nepo-baby. Anette, while she's also a nepo-baby, lived through some horrors of her own.

anette - stood on the sidelines two times while her "close friend" got sent off the camps.

lena - literally lost her dad on the field and almost died herself. lived on the battlefield for a significant amount of time. risks her life using the para-raid everyday to fight for her beliefs.

some random guy on internet - aNnetTe hAS suFferEd mOre tHAn lENa
Apr 19, 2023 2:52 AM
Dec 2021
SATAN19 said:
Kalevatar said:

anette - stood on the sidelines two times while her "close friend" got sent off the camps.

lena - literally lost her dad on the field and almost died herself. lived on the battlefield for a significant amount of time. risks her life using the para-raid everyday to fight for her beliefs.

Oi, mate, you can disagree with me, but please don't call me a guy, i'm pretty sure i'm a woman.

Tbh it's probably different experiences in our lives. I can relate to Anette more and she's more human.
If I wanted to argue, I would tell you that Lena is responsible for all the deaths in Spearhead Squadron, but this anime is not simple enough for us to argue like that.
Apr 19, 2023 3:03 AM
Jul 2020
Kalevatar said:
SATAN19 said:

Oi, mate, you can disagree with me, but please don't call me a guy, i'm pretty sure i'm a woman.

Tbh it's probably different experiences in our lives. I can relate to Anette more and she's more human.
If I wanted to argue, I would tell you that Lena is responsible for all the deaths in Spearhead Squadron, but this anime is not simple enough for us to argue like that.

oof my bad

but I'd like to argue about your being more human point by saying that there are several people in this world who are like Lena. So it's not as unbelievable for someone like Lena to exist.

no hate to annette she is a great character tbh. plus she even joins lena's recklessness by the end of part 2
Apr 19, 2023 4:09 AM
Jan 2022
Bloody vagina lmao
Apr 19, 2023 6:59 AM

Apr 2021
Kudzio said:

You tried so hard to not make it weird and you succeeded.
Apr 19, 2023 7:01 AM

Apr 2021
Reversign said:
Bloody vagina lmao

you, sir, didn't hold back at all
Apr 19, 2023 12:51 PM
Feb 2021
Kalevatar said:
But I will add one tuning - i'm just getting started with LN, maybe that's where Lena is portrayed as human-like, not as a perfect imaginary girlfriend.

Lena isn’t depicted as perfect though. Her biggest flaw is her naivety and her savior complex iirc, similar to Ichigo from Bleach.

Also there are people who are like Lena in the real world, so what do you mean by human-like?
Apr 19, 2023 8:53 PM
Jan 2022
there's no need of reasoning for liking something
Apr 19, 2023 10:50 PM
Jun 2020
Kalevatar said:
SATAN19 said:

i mean that was literally the main purpose of being a handler, their job is to send the 86 to their deaths lena is only trying to lessen the deaths by doing her job properly that's why we always saw those drunk handlers since there is no point of doing their job
Apr 21, 2023 3:51 AM

Dec 2020
PerryTShipman said:
IMHO

1) LNs for 86 are well worth reading … Lena is a complex and interesting character … great leader and strategist

2) Shin and she really enjoy each others company … soul mates
about the number 2 . Isn't that judt you guys that are thinking that they are soulmates ? Shipping them whenever both of them meets?

Apr 21, 2023 3:55 AM

Dec 2020
DeMarcK said:
Read the LN. And also, while all the others are just either trashing on the non-Alba people, or turned a blind eye on the issue, Lena tried to reach out and understand the those non-Albas. And she, perhaps among with a few other Alba officers, actually stood up and command the defense of the broken Republic frontline, and managed to survive.

Being able to pull a feat against odds like that sure made her worthy of some sort of a title you know.

86 was not written in first-person point of view, so it spanned its attention among many characters. That said, it does not need to be one person, Lena or Shin or even any of the others, carrying a whole story of 86 from the beginning to the end. The stories of 86 was woven by the characters as one whole group. At least it seems like that to me
managed to survive ? lmao most of those niqqas are ded , man ! Some।of them are still dying as new squads of 86 keep coming while she just commanding and be like I feel you guys . I can't remember how many literally died of screen . Like them dying became the most common thing in the anime

Apr 21, 2023 3:55 AM

Dec 2020
Kudzio said:
that's why I made this thread .

Apr 24, 2023 5:07 AM
Jun 2020
STSayeb said:
DeMarcK said:

managed to survive ? lmao most of those niqqas are ded , man ! Some।of them are still dying as new squads of 86 keep coming while she just commanding and be like I feel you guys . I can't remember how many literally died of screen . Like them dying became the most common thing in the anime
you definitely didn't understand the anime smh
Apr 24, 2023 7:12 PM

Dec 2020
addie1998 said:
STSayeb said:

"OKAY" (30 CHARACTER LIMIT) !!!!!!!!!!!!

Apr 24, 2023 7:36 PM

Jul 2019
The surface level of looking at it, Lena's adored by the fans because of her physicality appeal. There's no denying it. Then, to make her seem more sophisticated than she actually is, the author made her an innocent but naive teen in the beginning and it's her growth from there that got people behind her character. In the Light Novels, there's this character dynamic that's going on between her and Shin, which adds another layer of appeal to the fans. To sum it up, Lena is basically an emotional support and a love interest for Shin--that's pretty obvious from the beginning.

I think she's whatever. Her character never interested me in the first place and the Light Novels don't do much with her other than between battles and Shin. So, to people who are so dense-brained, instead of telling others to read the Light Novels, I like you to elaborate more than just say "read the light novels". Nobody gives a damn about the light novels.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Apr 24, 2023 7:50 PM
Jun 2020
STSayeb said:
addie1998 said:

Let me ask you a question, do you even know what this name even means when making this tread? lol
Apr 24, 2023 8:03 PM
Jun 2020
LordSozin said:
The surface level of looking at it, Lena's adored by the fans because of her physicality appeal. There's no denying it. Then, to make her seem more sophisticated than she actually is, the author made her an innocent but naive teen in the beginning and it's her growth from there that got people behind her character. In the Light Novels, there's this character dynamic that's going on between her and Shin, which adds another layer of appeal to the fans. To sum it up, Lena is basically an emotional support and a love interest for Shin--that's pretty obvious from the beginning.

I think she's whatever. Her character never interested me in the first place and the Light Novels don't do much with her other than between battles and Shin. So, to people who are so dense-brained, instead of telling others to read the Light Novels, I like you to elaborate more than just say "read the light novels". Nobody gives a damn about the light novels.

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/n8igi8/essayspoiler_86_lena_systems_of_oppression_and/

https://www.reddit.com/r/EightySix/comments/n2jbmn/lenas_savior_complex/
addie1998Apr 24, 2023 8:07 PM
Apr 24, 2023 8:20 PM

Jul 2019
addie1998 said:
LordSozin said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/n8igi8/essayspoiler_86_lena_systems_of_oppression_and/

Give me your interpretations cause I ain't reading all that. Especially those coming from Reddit.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Apr 24, 2023 8:44 PM
Jun 2020
LordSozin said:
addie1998 said:

Give me your interpretations cause I ain't reading all that. Especially those coming from Reddit.
I've given you a link so you can discuss your points to those peope who write essays, i also ain't gonna waste my time writing long ass essays for this old news especially in this trash website...
Apr 24, 2023 8:50 PM

Dec 2020
LordSozin said:

that's more like sexism . I like her cause she's a girl and a waifu

Apr 24, 2023 8:52 PM

Dec 2020
addie1998 said:
STSayeb said:

Let me ask you a question, do you even know what this name even means when making this tread? lol
yeah typical Japanese cartoon trope giving a nickname to a lameass character thinking it makes him/her more kool and badbutt when in reality it sounds silly and dumb and is cringe af actually.

Maybe she is the cousin of power and can use blood manipulation that's why Bloody (⁠☆⁠▽⁠☆⁠)

Apr 24, 2023 9:04 PM
Jun 2020
STSayeb said:
addie1998 said:

yeah typical Japanese cartoon trope giving a nickname to a lameass character thinking it makes him/her more kool and badbutt when in reality it sounds silly and dumb and is cringe af actually.

Maybe she is the cousin of power and can use blood manipulation that's why Bloody (⁠☆⁠▽⁠☆⁠)
see, to sum up everything you said you just don't know lol
May 1, 2023 3:30 AM
Jul 2021
STSayeb said:
DeMarcK said:

If you are a high ranking officers, you must move on from the deaths of your subordinates, if that ever happen. Of course as a high ranking officers, Lena has the responsibility to minimize that probability as much as possible but that’s the best she can do. After that, anyone who is unlucky enough to die can only receive condolences and that’s it. You go to wars there will be casualties, that probability can never be zero. The tougher the battle the tougher it gets to minimize casualties. These are the case which righteousness cannot be absolute here.

That is not to mention the fact that this is not one of those wars in which they can just choose to simply abandon it because by then they are all dead
DeMarcKMay 1, 2023 3:36 AM
Stonks
May 3, 2023 11:41 AM
May 2023
Rembe said:
Kalevatar said:

Lena isn’t depicted as perfect though. Her biggest flaw is her naivety and her savior complex iirc, similar to Ichigo from Bleach.

Also there are people who are like Lena in the real world, so what do you mean by human-like?
86 is just a cheap copy of Peak Fiction Aot
But 86 failed miserably in everything and practically no one watched it
May 3, 2023 11:46 AM
May 2023
STSayeb said:
LordSozin said:

that's more like sexism . I like her cause she's a girl and a waifu
preach brother preach
86 try to copy the greatest Manga in history Aot but it can't reach the peak Fiction Aot supremacy
May 4, 2023 3:05 AM

Dec 2020
DeMarcK said:
STSayeb said:

If you are a high ranking officers, you must move on from the deaths of your subordinates, if that ever happen. Of course as a high ranking officers, Lena has the responsibility to minimize that probability as much as possible but that’s the best she can do. After that, anyone who is unlucky enough to die can only receive condolences and that’s it. You go to wars there will be casualties, that probability can never be zero. The tougher the battle the tougher it gets to minimize casualties. These are the case which righteousness cannot be absolute here.

That is not to mention the fact that this is not one of those wars in which they can just choose to simply abandon it because by then they are all dead
DeMarcK said:
STSayeb said:

They don't even give chance to the 86 to become officers . Like seriously anyone entering the military from the 85 districts can jjst become an officer or clark and chill the f**k out while they see only the 86 die . If there was actually something like equality or sympathy that Lena was trying to show then the 85's should also be on the frontline of the battles .

May 4, 2023 4:24 PM
Feb 2021
Nikeyemak said:
Rembe said:

86 is just a cheap copy of Peak Fiction Aot
But 86 failed miserably in everything and practically no one watched it

I literally did not ask lmao.
May 6, 2023 9:25 AM
Jul 2021
STSayeb said:
DeMarcK said:

DeMarcK said:

They don't even give chance to the 86 to become officers . Like seriously anyone entering the military from the 85 districts can jjst become an officer or clark and chill the f**k out while they see only the 86 die . If there was actually something like equality or sympathy that Lena was trying to show then the 85's should also be on the frontline of the battles .

Uh.. is that not what makes the show what it is? I don’t think you get it. I really think you should try reading the novels if, perhaps, the anime has not cut it clear enough for you

And also, if the whole system is built on racism, what one person’s opposing cry is gonna do when everyone else is either turned a blind eye or flat out supporting the racism?
Stonks

More topics from this board

Poll: » 86 Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2022

533 by Noellevermillion »»
May 1, 8:37 PM

» Light Novel after anime??

RadicalSanta - Oct 11, 2022

22 by Rob7 »»
Apr 30, 11:53 PM

Poll: » 86 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2021

239 by Rob7 »»
Apr 30, 9:00 PM

» Does anyone else feel like this season was a lot worse than season 1 ( 1 2 )

Cudlyyy - Jul 27, 2023

88 by Rob7 »»
Apr 30, 8:49 PM

Poll: » 86 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2021

213 by Rob7 »»
Apr 29, 9:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.