Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yuri is My Job
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 14, 2023 1:26 PM

Jan 2021
All of their problems would be solved if they actually gave Hime halfway decent training and took the pressure off of her to do perfectly on the first go. As much as Hime is making trouble for herself and the cafe, the others aren't exactly doing her any favors with such a large amount of pressure (and workplace hostility).

Apr 14, 2023 3:06 PM
May 2022
KANLen09 said:
please be better at your job.
Job that she didn't want to do in the first place and was given 0 training for it. (Even if yeah the only instruction she got, she's just ignoring it) Wonder why she just don't go to that shitty place again after the first day. (Other than being stupid) Like what the manager going to do ? Complain to police after fuc*** blackmail her ?!
Apr 14, 2023 3:33 PM

Jul 2016
Why is everyone in this show so fucking unbearable? And here I thought Kanoko would be normal but her character ended up being as insufferable as the rest. Creepy stalker with communication issues smh.

Also screw these girls for expecting perfection from the newbie they have never trained. Now this is melodrama for the sake of melodrama. Truly awful.
Apr 14, 2023 9:53 PM
Jul 2011
After this episode based on the drama cd, Hime asks Kanoko how did she know Hime was working in the cafe and Kanoko answered it was just a coincidence, also saying Kanoko saw Hime by chance going into the cafe.
We all probably know the real answer right?
At this moment, Kanoko hid the reason not because she can't talk, she has her own secret to keep, so.

In an another drama cd surprisingly to me(though this does not surprise anyone else), Mitsuki actually complimented Hime being better while practicing introducing herself. Mitsuki actually at least acknowledges Hime for putting some efforts, no "Tsundere" intended. Also to think Mitsuki actually says she is going to compliment Hime more if she gets better from here on. And this time Mitsuki did not actually reject Hime calling her "Onee-sama", "Tsundere" intended.

Maybe it is around this time Mitsuki's warming up to Hime sequence started.
Hime still thinks Mitsuki is scary though.
rladls717Apr 14, 2023 10:52 PM
Apr 15, 2023 5:04 AM

Sep 2013
LeftieAlex said:
kanoko is my least favorite character by far, and the anime is starting to demonstrate why lol
don't worry anime onlies! she gets much worse later on!
Thank you, I came here to find reassurance to continue this anime and I read your comment!
Shirobako is AOTY 2015. Deal with it.
Apr 15, 2023 7:20 AM
Dec 2018
This episode was a lot better from the first one
Apr 15, 2023 8:26 AM

Dec 2015
Ah, so that's why she know about Hime's facade. Was afraid Kanoko was about to go full on yandare mode for a second there. Welp luckily she's around to look after Hime since Ayanokouji doesn't seem to mince well with her.

カタカナでドイツ語を書くなんて、大変だねえw。果乃子マジ怖い。こんな仕事って、陽芽大丈夫かなあ。
Apr 15, 2023 7:59 PM

Aug 2019
Dude I'm sorry but I just don't like anyone in this show LOL I tried to get past it last episode, but it's just too much. That whole scene with Kanoko felt so dumb. That dark-haired girl really still threatening Hime over some stupid RP rule from some novel that Hime has never read in her life. I'm done with this. I was actually kinda excited about this one too :/
Apr 17, 2023 5:17 PM
Mar 2018
What the hell was that last scene anyway?
Apr 17, 2023 11:16 PM

Mar 2008
An improvement over the first episode. Kanoko is pretty cute but kind of off putting how she acts like Hime is her property. 
Apr 18, 2023 10:13 PM

Sep 2022
It's really funny that Kanoko hasn't been working at the cafe for more than 5 days yet she is already doing better than Hime. Just surprised that Kanoko managed to get away with her act despite her being new.
Apr 19, 2023 2:05 AM
Apr 2013
Uh. It's an alright ep I guess. I'm hoping it doesnt cringe too much every ep or I'm gonna die of cringe, alas.

A bit of dorama this ep. So they immediately go for kanoko, for reasons, but otherwise (for now?) it seems the whole cast is here now. 
It's really confusing but hopefully yes things improve.

The screentime division is really weird, since basically the focus is only on hime. Poor thing is a well, a "leetle" uh, struggling with the actual cafe work, feelsbad for her.
Kanoko seems like she's going to be throwing some wrenches into the whole thing, while we still barely know anything about the other 3.

It's strange isnt it. I know the whole premise is about the cafe, but it would be maybe at least something if we had some time outside. Though I get the feeling that might not happen, or at least not anytime soon or in enough?

Have to see how things go, people said it should get better as in progresses and we deal with the initial introduction cringe dorama stuff. But hard to tell really, we're gonna be here for a long time.

EDIT: I completely forgor, how on earth did kanoko just magically take off her glasses like that.
CocoaGalaxyApr 19, 2023 3:04 AM
Apr 23, 2023 6:41 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Dammit clearly i forgetting how the blue haired girl actually Hime's glasses classmate. Now she joined cafe act only to make things worst at Hime side lol. Little manager really know where to put a good talent at the right place right time, eh? xd

Meanwhile, Hime still trying her hard to do the job properly. Almost create a wholesome atmosphere with the harsh sister. But here they come the bully Hime needs to check how tough the reality is. At least she make sure those new customer guy bring more friends to the table!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 26, 2023 12:12 PM
Apr 2023
guilty pleasure show fr
Apr 28, 2023 7:28 PM
Apr 2021
WHY ARE THEY ALL SO INCONSIDERATE TOWARDS THE MC LIKE LEAVE THE POOR GIRL ALONE😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
May 17, 2023 10:20 AM

May 2015
The friend is a yandere lmao.

I feel bad for Hime at times though. The onee-sama just seems to be venting on Hime.

Also the above comment sums it up pretty well.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
May 18, 2023 8:20 PM
Nov 2019
well, where is the yuri? Hmmm
May 29, 2023 3:46 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It's tough for Hime but not surprising xD Anyway her blue hair friend started working at the café too, but according to the OP she'll be matched with the Yankee girl, too bad they don't directly end up together Hime and Kanoko are a cute duo :(
Jun 15, 2023 12:53 PM
Dec 2022
La actitud de esa hermana mayor seguramente va a ir cambiando en el transcurso de la serie, de momento si es medio insoportable.
Jul 5, 2023 1:50 AM
Aug 2022
Episode 1 left me unsure on wether or not I was going to continue this anime, because I find Hime to be a really frustrating character that seems to have 0 empathy, but this episode convinced me it might not be that bad after all!

Turns out that Hime does have one (1) friend who she hangs out with with no ulterior motives! At least I'll give her that. That friend, Kanoko, is the embodiment of the "useless lesbian" trope, and she's absolutely adorable. She's extremely shy, but the jealousy that she feels over the "relationship" that she imagines Hime and Mitsuki have emboldens here to be more forward and aggresive, which I loved.

I also really enjoyed seeing Hime fail and get reprimanded by her senpai and her friend. Like I said before, she really needs to be put in her place a bit, maybe learn some empathy and learn to actually listen to others? Just sayin!

Jul 15, 2023 11:50 AM
Dec 2022
kanoko está loca
Sep 24, 2023 7:12 PM
Jan 2019
Another anime where the characters have monologues in front of one another instead of actually speaking with one another just to create useless drama that could have been avoided if people in the show had basic social skills.
Nov 17, 2023 8:51 PM

Dec 2022
I feel so bad for hime, no one explained the menu to her and no one explained the gist of the act to her, she just got put in the job and expected to do everything right. Goodness this is making me annoyed...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 22, 2023

61 by degenerate-2002 »»
Apr 15, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu! Episode 8 Discussion

Marinate1016 - May 25, 2023

42 by degenerate-2002 »»
Apr 6, 4:42 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu! Episode 7 Discussion

Serafos - May 18, 2023

33 by arachnidy »»
Mar 31, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu! Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 12, 2023

28 by arachnidy »»
Mar 31, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu! Episode 5 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 4, 2023

30 by arachnidy »»
Mar 31, 9:57 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.