Tokyo Revengers
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 2, 2023 11:15 PM
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
S1 was good like it was enjoyable, the animation was bearable
S2 animation was bad (let's not talk about animation T_T), i'm appalled

does the manga sucked this bad too ? did you guys have high expectations like me ?

it's a cruel world out there
Apr 3, 2023 2:26 AM

Sep 2020
I couldn't care less about animation. Season 2 was just awful from the get-go. Spoilers incoming like bird droppings on a hot afternoon.

1. Takemichy has no character development. He makes the same shitty mistakes and manga readers sold anime-onlies a dream by saying he'll get better as a character.

2. Taiju is the worst villain in the show's history.

3. That breakup was stupid and making them get back together was equally as stupid. What changed? It's not like Takemichy had found a working plan(lol impossible) to account for the fact that Hana is associated with glasses dude. I can't even remember names and important plot points. It just shows how bad this season was.

4. The writer relies on way too much shock factor and repetitive scenes. Oh, a big strong idiot is crying in a church while beating up his siblings. It's not like we didn't have glasses dude doing something similar at the beginning of season 2 or anything... Ooh, a fan-favorite character that everyone and their mother loves turns heel and starts murdering all his friends because of some dumb reason. How am I supposed to take that seriously LMAO.

5. The same drawn-out emotional moments because the writer clearly thinks that the audience are morons and cannot anticipate the fact that Takemichy will go back to the past in one handshake and fuck it all up again somehow.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Apr 3, 2023 5:12 AM

Mar 2013
Takemichy is probably one of the worst anime MCs I've ever seen. 

No character development.
He makes the same stupid mistakes over and again.
He knows what's going to happen and waits around for the thing to happen without doing anything when it really counts.
I don't get why any of the characters like him. 
He cheated on Hina/was prepared to cheat on her twice in the last season, and then pretends he cares about her. 
He gets new information but doesn't act on it or follow it up.

Why didn't he try to find out more about Kisaki after the hero thing? 

Why's he punching a tire instead of trying to find out why Mikey's suffering?

What an absolute idiot.
Apr 3, 2023 12:21 PM
Jun 2021
maybe i think the way u think the characters thinks is the problem here . ur thinking pov is from a layman's view and us people are trying to use logics and info here to ponder the question while we forget the key point that this story revolves around characters who are delinquents and their thinking doesn't involve logics rather their thinking is based solely on raw emotions included the silly reasons , so i think trying to expect a logical reasoning from a delinquent mc is too much . in first place a police official relying on a part-timer adult who is a former delinquent is stupid . so what iam trying to say is if u people don't expect too much logic from this series the better u will enjoy
Apr 3, 2023 12:57 PM
Jan 2022
samsince04 said:
I couldn't care less about animation. Season 2 was just awful from the get-go. Spoilers incoming like bird droppings on a hot afternoon.

1. Takemichy has no character development. He makes the same shitty mistakes and manga readers sold anime-onlies a dream by saying he'll get better as a character.

3. That breakup was stupid and making them get back together was equally as stupid. What changed? It's not like Takemichy had found a working plan(lol impossible) to account for the fact that Hana is associated with glasses dude. I can't even remember names and important plot points. It just shows how bad this season was.

4. The writer relies on way too much shock factor and repetitive scenes. Oh, a big strong idiot is crying in a church while beating up his siblings. It's not like we didn't have glasses dude doing something similar at the beginning of season 2 or anything... Ooh, a fan-favorite character that everyone and their mother loves turns heel and starts murdering all his friends because of some dumb reason. How am I supposed to take that seriously LMAO.

5. The same drawn-out emotional moments because the writer clearly thinks that the audience are morons and cannot anticipate the fact that Takemichy will go back to the past in one handshake and fuck it all up again somehow.

my guy you are stating facts, I like you. I have seen you comment a lot on MAL and you seem very likeable as a person. IDK why but your DnA profile pic makes me think you have good taste.
Apr 3, 2023 2:03 PM

Nov 2020
I was among those who liked the first season and I don't have a problem with Takemicchy either. I wanted to state that since a lot of people were hating on the show because of him.

I was okay with the beginning of the 2nd season too but the last two episodes gave me mindfuck and I am not even a person who are here on MAL to complain... He does what they discussed with Naoto, he literally did everything right according to plan, but this time
For me it was totally random and dumb. How can he change the future if he does everything right as planned and then the result still being worse than before? Like... extremly worse? Idk if this will get an answer later on since I haven't read the manga, but the results felt really out of place this time...

I am not hating on the show though, the things above was just my opinion and I most likely will continue watching the next seasons but the last 2 episode of this season felt extremly random in a not so good way.
Apr 3, 2023 3:18 PM

Sep 2020
Ripperdoc said:
samsince04 said:

my guy you are stating facts, I like you. I have seen you comment a lot on MAL and you seem very likeable as a person. IDK why but your DnA profile pic makes me think you have good taste.
thanks bro. Just letting people know how bad this season of Tokyo Revengers was. Yep DnA is great. One of my favorites. I wonder if it'll ever get a sequel tho.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Apr 3, 2023 4:07 PM
Feb 2013
Learn to enjoy things instead of complaining.
Apr 3, 2023 10:07 PM
Dec 2022
S1 was pretty good but I was expecting more in S2 like takemitchy's character development like bro he is still shown like he's a punching bag for everyone like he's the mc make him atleast a bit stronger and also the story is turning into loop now again and again first new gang comes up then takemitchy and his friends/mitsuya meet them first they start fighting for some reason and then either the whole toman gets involved or Mikey and draken then they finally after 2-3 ep defeat the gang then takemitchy AGAIN thinks everything is normal goes to the future AGAIN someone dies he AGAIN comes back to the future CLUELESS on what to do and the same story repeats again and again in loop
Apr 3, 2023 10:09 PM
Dec 2022
Akilis93 said:
Learn to enjoy things instead of complaining.

we could if the anime's story had smth new not same things also with a mc charecter development
Apr 3, 2023 11:36 PM
Jun 2021
I have already finished manga so I don't have any complaints as mangaka tried to reveal the secret behind all these events in final arc
Apr 3, 2023 11:49 PM

Dec 2019
I suggest you should only have a tiny bit of expectations in the future regarding this series, the tenjiku arc is kinda decent but then again it's not enough to redeem how bad the series before and after that arc. 
Apr 4, 2023 7:43 AM
Jul 2021
imo the Christmas showdown arc was unironically the worst arc i have ever seen.
all that waiting for 5 eps for mikey to come one shot taiju and draken 1v 100 ing his taiju's goons(who has weapons) outside barehanded was so full of crap.
Also the amount of plot holes this season had was such a huge downgrade from S1.
and i also hate how takemitchy simply wants the perfect timeline, tired of seeing these time travel anime/ series where people think they can ever reach perfect timeline
Apr 4, 2023 10:14 AM

Apr 2016
S1 was never good in the first place. To answer your question, the manga just kept sinking  into the darkest depth of the toilet until the rushed ending that screams the publisher saying to the author "we had enough, you have 4 weeks to wrap it up"

The "love interest" never made any sense. There's nothing that built up that love interest. She loves him just because he's main character.
No girl in her right mind would have any interest for that confused brat. They don't even hang out together
This is the less believable love interest ever written. And this one inconscistency among many others.

It's easy to tell the author is immature and doesn't have much street life or relationship experience, while trying to talk about mature themes and thugs. This is ridiculous.
Being good at art doesn't mean you have interesting stories to tell. This is the kind of artist who would benefit from pairing with a real writer.
I can't wait for the anime's downfall! *ptui*!
Radical_OrionApr 4, 2023 10:21 AM
Apr 4, 2023 10:41 AM
Mar 2023
People who criticized this anime are fool. Go and read manga. S2 is good enough though it's not so good as s1. Still it's ok. Just wait for the next season. Tenjiku arc will make every haters say "Wow, it's amazing". Another reason to hate this anime is its popularity. TR gained too much popularity in a very short time. To conclusion, if you don't like this anime please ignore you don't have to watch this series. TR have already a huge amount of Fanbase.
Apr 4, 2023 10:56 AM

Apr 2016
SanoHimu said:
People who criticized this anime are fool. Go and read manga. S2 is good enough though it's not so good as s1. Still it's ok. Just wait for the next season. Tenjiku arc will make every haters say "Wow, it's amazing". Another reason to hate this anime is its popularity. TR gained too much popularity in a very short time. To conclusion, if you don't like this anime please ignore you don't have to watch this series. TR have already a huge amount of Fanbase.

You have nothing better than "just wait for the next season" and "people are hating because popularity" to back up your take?  lol
At least those who criticize this anime come up with a real argumentation of why it's so mediocre
Apr 4, 2023 11:16 AM
Mar 2023
Radical_Orion said:
SanoHimu said:

You have nothing better than "just wait for the next season" and "people are hating because popularity" to back up your take?  lol
At least those who criticize this anime come up with a real argumentation of why it's so mediocre

they came up with bullsh1t, lol. ok fine, if they find any bad thing of this anime then they should ignore it. Don't watch this anymore simple.

some say "Where are the parents?". Are they blind? Hina's parents were seen in S2. Draken said he has nobody. Yuzuha's mother died.

then they are complaining about the mc that he is not so strong. Mikey should be the protagonist. why don't they understand that Takemichi isn't a by born fighter. Fighting people is not his main purpose here. His goal is to save everyone mainly his girlfriend Hina. But when he realized that if he doesn't get stronger he can't change the future perfectly. So he started training to improve himself.

Give some time or if not then please don't watch this anime.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers: Seiya Kessen-hen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2023

191 by windyshadow »»
Apr 28, 2:52 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers: Seiya Kessen-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2023

129 by vv1 »»
Mar 18, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers: Seiya Kessen-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2023

103 by vv1 »»
Mar 16, 9:48 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers: Seiya Kessen-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2023

112 by vv1 »»
Mar 16, 8:25 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers: Seiya Kessen-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2023

112 by vv1 »»
Mar 16, 7:13 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.