Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 2, 2023 4:33 AM

Jan 2021
Can't say I didn't expect this to happen. Halfway through the show, you can already tell they were going for something episodic and I didn't mind it honestly. I always knew they were gonna pull off a last minute plot to finish the series. What I didn't expect though is for them to literally infodump the whole plot in the last 10 minutes of the show. Whether they intended this to tease a second season or just plain laziness to cover up the fact that there was no endgame after all to the whole thing, who knows. I'm just disappointed cause they were teasing some kind of overarching storyline surrounding the mysteries behind Hiro's dad and Gammamon but forgot about for the majority of the show and scrapped a last ditch effort by pulling a Studio Trigger on us saying it was aliens all along. I really wouldn't have minded it at all if they just stick to the original plan and kept it episodic even though I also had issues with that format cause of how easily the digimon-of-the-week could get away terrorizing the cast and subjecting them to the most horrible experiences you could witness in a Digimon series just by admitting their mistakes and shrugging it all off at the end of every episode.

Negatives aside, I did like this instalment for what it is - an enjoyable episodic urban horror series for kids. The cast were likable even though there's barely any development and their Digimons felt like their own persona instead of an extension to the protagonists' characters. Honestly reminded me of Tamers' dynamics which is saying a lot. Gammamon being my favorite baby Digimon in a long time since Guilmon. He's literally baby.

Well it is what it is. At least it's way better than the trainwreck that is the Digimon Reboot. 6/10
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» We have to be honest and say the truth about this anime

KuronoAlien - Mar 31, 2023

19 by Serafos »»
Mar 3, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Digimon Ghost Game Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2021

77 by White_Alice »»
Aug 22, 2023 6:34 PM

» Season 2!?!?

Bolillo99 - Mar 26, 2023

6 by TheBerserker »»
May 23, 2023 11:30 PM

» list some sexy digimons

deg - Feb 26, 2023

33 by MahiaErebeaNegi »»
Apr 8, 2023 9:36 AM

Poll: » Digimon Ghost Game Episode 43 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2022

16 by TripleC »»
Apr 6, 2023 2:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.