Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Akuyaku Reijou Level 99' Gets TV Anime Adaptation

New
Mar 24, 2023 10:15 AM
News Team
Aug 2019
Kadokawa opened an official website for a television anime adaptation of Satori Tanabata's Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa Ura-Boss desu ga Maou dewa Arimasen (Villainess Level 99: I May Be the Hidden Boss but I'm Not the Demon Lord) light novel on Friday and revealed a teaser visual (pictured).

Tanabata began penning the fantasy novel on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in June 2018. Fujimi Shobo acquired the series and published the first volume in Kadokawa Books in May 2019, featuring illustrations by Tea. The fifth volume was released in June 2022.

A manga adaptation by Nokomi began serializing in B's-LOG Comic in February 2020. Kadokawa shipped the third volume on February 1.

J-Novel Club licensed the light novel in English for digital release on March 3. The first volume is set to release on May 29.

Synopsis
A certain otome RPG takes place in the Varschein Kingdom, where dark hair is stigmatized to an abnormal degree. Eumiella Dolkness is the daughter of a count, hated from birth due to her pitch-black locks—and she is also the hidden boss! In a twist of fate, at five years of age, Eumiella recalls memories of her past life in Japan. Uninterested in the romance aspect of the original game, she begins to dedicate herself to training her rare dark-type magic.

Despite this, Eumiella's goals are clear: avoid becoming the hidden boss and stay out of the limelight. Upon entering the magic academy, however, she shakes the foundation of the kingdom when her level 99 status comes to light. Whether a physical brawl or magic duel, her abilities are unmatched, and coupled with her black hair, she sticks out like a sore thumb. To make matters worse, the original heroine begins suspecting she is the demon lord! Can the deadpan noble girl achieve her wish of a peaceful life? [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Official site: https://akuyakulv99-anime.com/
Official Twitter: @akuyakuLV99

Source: Comic Natalie

Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa Ura-Boss desu ga Maou dewa Arimasen on MAL
Mar 24, 2023 10:28 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I have a feeling that this is going to be really funny lol
Mar 24, 2023 10:48 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Never gotten into the MC as the Villainess anime, but this seems like something I wanna watch 

Should I be hype?
Mar 24, 2023 11:51 AM

Jan 2008
I am looking forward to this. I've been muddling through the web novel translation for a while now.
Mar 24, 2023 12:41 PM

Jul 2015
I'm afraid that this "otome game villainess" genre will become as infamous and notorious as Isekai.

Mar 25, 2023 1:51 AM
Aug 2018
wooohoooo!
waiting for another manga chapter to be translated, and yet got this news.
hype!
Mar 25, 2023 2:57 AM

Oct 2017
Another otome game adaptation lol.
Apr 16, 2023 5:39 PM
Jul 2017
I feel like we're getting a finger curled on the monkey's paw with these shows lol
Like yeah y'all are finally gonna get more shoujo anime...but it's all villainess isekai
Don't get me wrong I love villainess stories but I could see this genre getting really old really fast, at least as far as anime adaptations go
Apr 17, 2023 4:33 PM

Aug 2018
I have not watched anything otome iirc, so I will look forward to watch it

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

8 by kataneer »»
5 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 2 hours ago

4 by nec0_0 »»
1 hour ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Kushna »»
5 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
6 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.