Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

how many of you guys agree that bocchi is a really good "just like me me protag"? (or) is bocchi a real depiction of gen Z?

New
do you'all relate w/her or what?
Mar 13, 2023 2:23 AM
Jul 2018
she's so me. sometimes i think i am the real bocchi or maybe i am? 😳
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 13, 2023 2:29 AM

Jul 2021
You are the real Bocchi You are the real Bocchi You are the real Bocchi You are the real Bocchi
Mar 13, 2023 2:33 AM

Mar 2020
I'm an otaku shut-in that spends all of her days watching anime, without any real friends. Thus, I'm the real Bocchi here.

Only you can save yourself.
I only know what I know, I guess?
Yuri enjoyer and El Cazador de la Bruja fan
Mar 13, 2023 2:37 AM

Jun 2021
Yes I do relate but on the level that watching the show made me cringe ALOT because I felt like I was watching myself
Mar 13, 2023 2:47 AM

Jul 2015
All I want for Bocchi to overcome her shortcomings and grow as a person.
I don't need to perfectly relate to a character to cheer on them and want them to be happy, because I can understand perfectly well their position and something that might be trivial for me, for them might be a real challenge.

Mar 13, 2023 2:55 AM
May 2021
I can relate with her as a musician and also as a person who overcame social anxiety. I love this anime, and I do think it paints a pretty accurate picture of gen z shut ins.
Mar 13, 2023 3:07 AM

Jan 2023
anime was not that good
it's overrated since many ppl can relate with her social anxiety
and comedy was basically cringey
but it isn't so bad to watch and chill with it
but it's cringey when ppl takes this anime too seriously

Mar 13, 2023 3:07 AM

May 2020
This anime is definitely the dark horse of the year. Relatable to her so much that sometimes, we introverts can be the one who is overthinking. Maybe if you look around more carefully, you might eventually find that someone will be there for you.
Mar 13, 2023 3:13 AM
Dec 2020
People need to learn the difference between social anxiety and autism spectrum disorder: people get social anxiety after a traumatic event, they're born with autism spectrum disorder. Bocchi has autism spectrum disorder.
Mar 13, 2023 3:16 AM

May 2021
Bocchi or any other "just like me" character is hardly relatable beyond surface level similarities. But it gets that idea across in gimmicky unique ways, which is what makes it tolerable and sometimes amusing.
Mar 13, 2023 3:16 AM
Apr 2021
I think bocchi is a good representation of people with social anxiety
Mar 13, 2023 3:21 AM
Jun 2022
Please recommend me more anime that depiction Gen Zers like Bocchi the Rock!! Thank you!
Mar 13, 2023 3:27 AM
May 2016
Infernalization said:
People need to learn the difference between social anxiety and autism spectrum disorder: people get social anxiety after a traumatic event, they're born with autism spectrum disorder. Bocchi has autism spectrum disorder.

It wasn't born with her, it was pretty much clarified early on.
And second, no, you don't necessarily need any traumatic event, you can also slowly distance yourself from the society and lack of interaction could also cause social anxiety.

Btw there are even studies that talks about how it can run in families too. This field is still researched, so your statements are just wrong.
Mar 13, 2023 3:51 AM

Sep 2020
I think it’s an exaggeration of multiple proportions. Still pretty funny tho which is what I watch anime for, to be entertained.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Mar 13, 2023 4:20 AM
Feb 2021
I could relate with Bocchi to an extent but it’s really reaching to say she’s a depiction of gen z
Mar 13, 2023 4:23 AM
Jan 2020
I related to bocchi on some level, but not completely as I don't have social anxiety. I would say I related to Ryou a lot more.
Mar 13, 2023 4:52 AM

Sep 2021
Bocchi the Rock may be literally you fr 
but unfortunately for me she is in fact not literally me fr 
Mar 13, 2023 5:19 AM
Jul 2020
bruh i went to the park yesterday and sitted in the bench for like 30 minutes waiting for someone to come talk to me and hopefully get invinted to their band but people would just walk past me and no one really approached me so i guess u can say this only work with women
Mar 13, 2023 5:28 AM

Nov 2018
wizdom224 said:
You are the real Bocchi You are the real Bocchi You are the real Bocchi You are the real Bocchi
I AM THE REAL BOCCHI I AM THE REAL BOCCHI I NEED NIJIKA TO MAKE A BAND
Mar 13, 2023 6:05 AM
Jan 2019
Tbh yeah I think Bocchi is pretty cringe, but only if she were y’know real. She’s an anime character and I love her, but if I ever met someone exactly like her irl I’d probably be hesitant to approach her. I don’t relate to Bocchi. The anime was top tier though
Mar 13, 2023 6:19 AM

Apr 2020
Neither. It's just an exaggerated depiction of social anxiety. I've been introverted for most of my life and I actually found Ryo more relatable (I promise, I ain't an asshole though)

I loved the anime a lot more because of its creativity with the animaton, for being a pretty good representation of an indie rock band in its very early days and for taking the musical aspect VERY seriously.

Other than that, I would actually recommend people who relate to Bocchi herself to a "she like me for real" level to maybe spend some more time with their loved ones and friends, because relating to her can't be too healthy.
Mar 13, 2023 6:35 AM
May 2021
BOCCHI is the most OVERRATED anime that came out in recent years ...i mean i never seen anyone who can't even have a actual conversation...it made me laugh how many weaklings are in this community relate to her it's concerning...midiocrity combined with social anxiety can really trick some ppl to think it's a masterpiece...

comedy is in this anime is really avg... exaggerated facial expressions can be funny only for clowns...

the animation, music is good tho...
Mar 13, 2023 6:49 AM

Jan 2013
HaylenGrey said:
Yes I do relate but on the level that watching the show made me cringe ALOT because I felt like I was watching myself
I can't relate to that level of severity, just some anxiety in general, and I found it way more cringeworthy than endearing. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 13, 2023 6:50 AM

Jan 2013
Infernalization said:
She could very well be autistic, but you absolutely do not have to experience a traumatic event to be anxious in social situations. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 13, 2023 7:08 AM
Jul 2022
I can relate being an over weight 52 yearold male... Or at least when I was a teenager, lots of anxiety and wanting exceptance from my friends and family. It's nice seeing her goals and life changes throughout the series. I end up crying and smiling like a idiot looking at his new or slightly used guitar. All Hail the Queen in the Box.
Mar 13, 2023 7:08 AM
Jul 2019
If you actually relate to this character I would never ever want to meet your annoying stinky ass
Mar 13, 2023 7:20 AM
Dec 2020
I think it's the way she behaves in reaction to social interaction that a lot of people relate too. A lot of people feel the exact same way bocchi acts inside. For example the mango box. No one would actually play from a mango box, but many people feel like that's what would be more comfortable, to hide their face but still participate.
Mar 13, 2023 8:06 AM
Jun 2020
Although I'm Ryo now, I do relate myself if her.
Mar 13, 2023 9:22 AM
Jan 2019
I was underwhelmed and found her excessive to a point where it didn’t seem relatable or funny.

Surprised really since it got so much hype
Mar 13, 2023 9:25 AM
Apr 2016
Tarikul said:
BOCCHI is the most OVERRATED anime that came out in recent years ...i mean i never seen anyone who can't even have a actual conversation...it made me laugh how many weaklings are in this community relate to her it's concerning...midiocrity combined with social anxiety can really trick some ppl to think it's a masterpiece...

comedy is in this anime is really avg... exaggerated facial expressions can be funny only for clowns...

Ay bro maybe you should educate yourself on mental health and meet some new people if you genuinely think that way. A lot of it is obviously exaggerating but it's done more in an artistic and comedic way to represent what people like Bocchi could feel like in these situations. There are many people out there like her and there ain't nothing wrong with it as long as they're willing to improve themselves
Mar 13, 2023 9:31 AM
Apr 2022
WalterBlack59 said:
If you actually relate to this character I would never ever want to meet your annoying stinky ass

fr. it's so weird imo. I never seen a person act like that in my whole life. they downgrade themselves publicly and not just in their heads. like how bocchi said she is trash and went into a box or something
Mar 13, 2023 9:34 AM

Jan 2013
Cartonul said:
Tarikul said:
BOCCHI is the most OVERRATED anime that came out  in recent years ...i mean i never seen anyone who can't even have a actual conversation...it made me laugh how many weaklings are in this community relate to her it's concerning...midiocrity combined with social anxiety can really trick some ppl to think it's a masterpiece...

Ay bro maybe you should educate yourself on mental health and meet some new people if you genuinely think that way. A lot of it is obviously exaggerating but it's done more in an artistic and comedic way to represent what people like Bocchi could feel like in these situations. There are many people out there like her and there ain't nothing wrong with it as long as they're willing to improve themselves
Everyone who is like Bocchi should be in therapy, but I assume they're just exaggerating how relatable they find her to be. 
Mar 13, 2023 9:36 AM

Jan 2013
MK17_2 said:
I was underwhelmed and found her excessive to a point where it didn’t seem relatable or funny.

Surprised really since it got so much hype
I think it just goes to show that there's a pretty low bar for anime currently. 
Mar 13, 2023 9:53 AM
Apr 2016
LostSpectre said:
Cartonul said:

Everyone who is like Bocchi should be in therapy, but I assume they're just exaggerating how relatable they find her to be. 

There's certain moments where the show presents it very realistically but most of the time it is at least a bit exaggerated. Not sure if everyone who relates to her needs to go to therapy but it definitely wouldn't be a bad idea. It definitely gets more difficult to change on your own if you're exactly like her when the show started and literally don't have any friends and no one even tries to interact with you anymore. The biggest problem is probably when people like Bocchi aren't even willing to grow and just stay the same.
Mar 13, 2023 10:19 AM
Oct 2022
i feel like I'm pretty extroverted, but i know that there are many people who relate to bocchi, and social anxiety is not something that only people of gen z have.
Mar 13, 2023 10:44 AM
May 2021
Cartonul said:
Tarikul said:

it's ironic how a weakling low life who relate to BOCCHI telling me to meet some ppl
Mar 13, 2023 11:40 AM
Jan 2021
High-key I feel for Bochi. I'm a extrovert, but I've been home-schooled since 3 grade.

I relate to Bocchi because I don't have much social skills, But the way she grows is just so inspiring, and well written.
Mar 13, 2023 12:21 PM
Mar 2021
i mean yeah. the depiction of social anxiety is so well done that even someone like me, who doesn’t give 2 shits about socializing can relate.
Mar 13, 2023 12:29 PM
Feb 2022
Tarikul said:

all i got this this is you think people with social anxiety are weaklings and jokes which just makes you a terrible person
Mar 13, 2023 12:33 PM
Jul 2018
I'm not really Gen Z but Hitori makes me feel understood. I can relate when she goes off in her own little world in her head. She imagines the most bizarre and catastrophic scenarios, which I find to be an accurate depiction of anxiety.

But I also think people shouldn't get too caught up in "diagnosing" a character in what's ultimately a fun, CGDCT show. It's a feel-good series, she overcomes her struggles to make friends who genuinely care for her. It could help those with similar issues feel hopeful.

There's no need to take it too seriously. Some people projected onto the story and saw something very negative or sinister that's not there.
Mar 13, 2023 4:56 PM
Dec 2017
Infernalization said:
She's way too self-aware to be autistic, what Bocchi has is avoidant personality disorder.
Mar 13, 2023 5:11 PM
Dec 2022
shes more of a just like me protagonist imo
Mar 13, 2023 5:58 PM
Jan 2017
Infernalization said:

Uh, no lol Social anxiety is hereditary as well as caused by circumstances. Some people get it later in life as well, and not just because of trauma either. There are many causes. Also, she can have both autism and social anxiety. And finally, it’s cool to have a head cannon but don’t go around spouting like it’s a matter of fact because it isn’t. It’s pretty clear that bocchi is meant to embody severe social anxiety and whether that is because of autism or paired with it is another thing entirely and is speculation at best.
Mar 13, 2023 10:48 PM
Feb 2021
hell no at least in my country
Mar 14, 2023 12:40 AM
Jul 2022
I relate to her not because she's winny and extreme introvert. I relate to her because I've been through the same struggle from being complete shut in to literally an extrovert. You could say, I was Bocchi before but now, I am Kita. I also had a character development moment just like Bocchi. We are not the same...
Mar 14, 2023 2:23 AM
Oct 2020
Tarikul said:

talking about cringe, you have one piece in ur favourites
Mar 14, 2023 6:41 AM
May 2021
oeyuu_ said:
Tarikul said:

lmao ded horimiya fan talking about cringe
Mar 14, 2023 6:45 AM
Oct 2020
Tarikul said:
oeyuu_ said:

lmao ded horimiya fan talking about cringe

what do you mean by "ded horimiya fan" just asking
Mar 14, 2023 8:17 AM
Feb 2013
I'm a millennial but Bocchi was a lot more relatable than other "loner" protags, because she doesn't actually hate anyone, she just have crippling social anxiety. The part where she's waiting to be invited but isn't hit me way too hard. If you struggle to find friends, find a hobby you can meet people around! This is great advice.
Mar 14, 2023 8:17 AM
Feb 2022
PUHPUHPUHPOWER said:
anime was not that good
it's overrated since many ppl can relate with her social anxiety
and comedy was basically cringey
but it isn't so bad to watch and chill with it
but it's cringey when ppl takes this anime too seriously

action is not my fav genre and i don't go around criticizing it
pls don't go around and saying the genre u don't like is cringe
it's like you being cringe
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 24, 2022

745 by ItzAloy »»
Apr 27, 7:41 PM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Nov 26, 2022

510 by dod_o »»
Apr 25, 12:41 PM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Nov 19, 2022

231 by ninocadeau »»
Apr 24, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 17, 2022

267 by PrimeX »»
Apr 23, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Dec 10, 2022

234 by PrimeX »»
Apr 23, 9:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.