Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2023 8:40 AM
May 2013
Just see no one creating this post yet.
Apr 3, 2023 7:13 PM
Aug 2020
I will be short, it’s clearly not the movie of the year, it was not bad but far from exceptional…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 3, 2023 8:50 PM

May 2020
Hitagi__FurudeApr 3, 2023 8:53 PM
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Apr 5, 2023 11:42 PM

Feb 2014
All for a girl he loved in every world. Hmm this one is kinda bittersweet.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Apr 6, 2023 2:54 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
um, ok then. I wish anime characters were just a little better and looking both ways before crossing the street, and maybe that room that held the prototype device that allows you to travel to parallel worlds maybe should've had a bit better security, rather than just having a door that any kid could open..?? Anyway, none of that matters because of course we need the movie to happen. And so what does happen? Shiori is trapped in this ghost form, and Koyomi spends his life trying to find a way to save her, and he eventually does, thanks to, beer bubbles? Not going to even bother and try to comprehend what the actual technical explanation is, but basically Koyomi realizes he must create a world where he and Shiori never meet, which will somehow allow her ghost to return to her body, and become ALIVE again. But Koyomi must first live a full live to an old age, where then he enters the capsule and dies(?), or enters a parallel dimension for, reasons. But what's-her-name (girl with glasses, and his wife) was initially opposed to the whole idea because it would mean, he would, disappear, maybe? Well anyway, that doesn't happen, and he manages to show up at a parallel world, I think, with glasses-girl still his wife, she be gardening and they are living in a pretty nice place. He's got some memory loss, as he doesn't remember what the reminder he scheduled was for, so he goes to check it out, and returns to the crossroads. So has Shiori been a ghost all this time, for his first life, and then ANOTHER 60+ years, when he wakes up again in the parallel world? Because shortly before Koyomi departs into the capsule, his old grandpa self tells ghost shiori to wait for him, to which she replies "that's gonna be a long time man, wtf". So she "waits" like almost 120 years as a ghost... or does she? Because it seems like SHE "wakes up" as well, wondering what she is doing at the crossroads... but hey whatever Koyomi returns to her, and they get married like they always wanted, but are they like, both old now or what? Or did they BOTH disappear into nothingness, bro my brain feels like nothingness after trying to make sense of what had just happened. If only they didn't jump to that parallel world at the start in an attempt to run away to a world where their original parents did not divorce so that they could marry each other as non-step-siblings. Because Koyomi's dad states, I think, that they could've still marry each other even if he married Shiori's mom. Kinda weird, but ok. 

Whatever, time to watch the other movie I guess, and it's also another hour and 40 minutes... with apparently even worse animation... sigh. I mean the animation isn't bad, by no means was I expecting something makoto-shinkai-movie-level, but I thought maybe it'd look a LITTLE better for being a movie- but that's not the case. It's just adequate enough. And in the other movie, doesn't seem like Shiori is present. Something tells me that watching THIS movie as the 2nd one makes for more emotional impact. Now unless watching the other movie somehow does in fact elevate them both as 2 halfs of a whole, then maybe it'll actually be good. Otherwise, I'm probably going to give both movies a 3 or 4 out of 10... 

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 6, 2023 4:32 PM

Mar 2018
From my understanding, we have 2 Koyomis. At the age of 7, they chose to live with different parents. In world (A) he chose his father and in world (B), he chose to live with his mother and grandfather.  There are other minor differences in appearance too, for example, Koyomi from world (A) has brown hair and green eyes, while Koyomi from world (B) has black hair and brown eyes, and he has never met Shiori.  Also Kazune in world A has brown hair and red eyes and world (B) she has purple hair and blue eyes. In the first experiment, Koyomi transferred his consciousness to the parallel world (B) and Koyomi, who belonged to world (B), transferred his consciousness to world (A.)  In world (A), Koyomi never married, but Koyomi, from world (B), never met Shiori and married Kazune.

I just want to know, did Koyomi and Shiori marry each other in a parallel world? T-T
mneav3Apr 6, 2023 5:00 PM
Apr 7, 2023 9:58 AM
Apr 2023
Can someone tell me who is the girl that hels koyomi gets his medicine? In my understanding it sounds like kazune but i know kazune is his wifi, im confused,😫
Apr 8, 2023 4:02 AM

Feb 2018
they not even married yet wtf... he just saying tthey'll get married but what an amazing anime like so much this story

and also what an amazing traffic light scene, lul
Apr 9, 2023 5:24 AM
Jul 2020
i watched this as the second part, it made the other movie make more sense, i highly recommend watching this last
Apr 9, 2023 10:18 AM
Jun 2021
i watched this second and i dont understand anything. i feel so dumb rn
Apr 11, 2023 4:33 PM

Aug 2020
iamryugi26 said:
Can someone tell me who is the girl that hels koyomi gets his medicine? In my understanding it sounds like kazune but i know kazune is his wifi, im confused,😫
KusoKao20Apr 11, 2023 4:39 PM
Apr 20, 2023 2:13 AM

Jan 2021
Wow what an movie. Its nice to see it from the very beginning since i already saw the other movie. It was nice to see that Koyomi and Shiori had a nice youth together until the tragic accident happened and everything just turned 180. Koyomi went through a lot of trouble to save Shiori but everytime he parallel shifted, Shiori was still a ghost until he came with the solution to create one where they never meet and that seemed to have worked, that ending was beautiful imo, to see Koyomi asking to marry Shiori. The old woman that Koyomi came across when she helped picking up the medicine is Shiori since she said that phrase, "It's a trivial matter, don't worry about it".

Man i felt like i was watching an important movie in class or something, I learned quite a bit about parallel shifting and whatnot lol.

Apr 20, 2023 4:38 AM

Apr 2022
i watched this first. it was a pretty good introduction and i'm not confused, got the whole scope of the situation, at least i think so. 
about to watch boku ai, let's see how that goes.

i liked shiori and koyomi scenes a lot, sad it got cut short. seems this is the bittersweet end. i also liked kazune though. 7/10 for me, music was great as well.
Apr 20, 2023 10:14 PM
Mar 2023
It came out later than I expected but let's see what's up with this gem and how the story will be starting with this one
Apr 21, 2023 2:59 AM

Feb 2021
This was a nice movie. Wish the production was a bit better but it's okay.
Liked the sci-fi stuff, like how the existence of a "ghost" can be more or less explained without anything supernatural. I got a bit confused around the 1-hour mark with the world and artstyle changing, but it became more or less clear. Now onto BokuAi!

But what's the medicine scene everyone's mentioning? Did I forget something? Do you mean the after credits scene?
Edit:
EmbientApr 21, 2023 9:34 AM
Apr 21, 2023 11:08 PM

Oct 2012
I watched this first and personally thought it was a better watch order. Kimi would still be coherent but less emotional without Boku. Boku would be bland and confusing at times without Kimi. Overall, the science/plot was quite lackluster but the conclusion somewhat made up for it.
Apr 22, 2023 1:45 AM
Mar 2021
It was a great movie.
Apr 22, 2023 2:23 AM
Jan 2021
Very glad I watched this first and Bokuai second. The entire time I was watching Bokuai, I was thinking “I’d be super confused right now if I didn’t watch Kimiai first.”
Apr 22, 2023 2:54 AM

Apr 2016
He did though, I can't blame people for not understanding that because the movies are a mess.

The real ending is when they're both on their "ghost forms" on the intersection and he manages to save her from being trapped there
Apr 23, 2023 1:33 AM
Jul 2008
I watched "Boku" first. "Kimi" ending is really confusing. The old Shiori was helping Old Koyomi in the background but at the same time Ghost Shiori is now happy with Ghost Koyomi?

Shouldn't their consciousness take over or merged with the Old Koyomi and Shiori? Just like what happenned to Kazune in "Boku" movie? Now there are 2 separate entities in that world? DIdn't Koyomi said that their memory and personality will be erased? Why did the Old Shiori jokes like Shiori?

Apr 23, 2023 1:46 AM

Mar 2012
After watching both movies I still don't understand this, specially all the pseudoscience makes no sense.
Apr 23, 2023 9:11 PM

May 2015
Such a boring movie compared to the other.
If you watched the other first, save yourself some time and watch the last ~10 minutes before and after the ending song. Everything else was covered in the other movie.
Apr 24, 2023 6:41 PM
Mar 2016
I watched the other movie first. The translation in this one was somehow even worse. The scientific jargon really doesn't help (not that the technobabble is supposed to make much sense to begin with, but still). This one focused on the better girl, and was much sadder. It unfortunately wastes a lot of time with scenes from the other movie. I really don't understand why Kizune has a different hair color in this timeline, and what we spend with her feels wasted. Especially since we don't even get a scene of her writing the letter. It would have been much better spent showing more scenes of them as kids.

The rationale for everything doesn't make any sense. Why keep them from ever meeting? All he really needs to do is go back in time and tell Shiori not to do the shift because they can get married anyway. It also doesn't make sense why her death in one dimension causes her to become a ghost in all of them. Other characters die and are fine in other dimensions, so why not her? I was expecting something much crazier that involved all of her parallel selves somehow merging in an experiment or something. It doesn't make sense why he waited so long if he figured out how to do it either, or why he would become a ghost instead.

It really is a shame that the ending scene is in the other movie too. That was legit the best part of that one, even without the context. It would have been nice to see a happier ending, but I already knew that wouldn't happen. We got a good handholding scene but no hugs or kisses either. I rated the other one a 4/10. This one is a 5. Could have been way better.
Apr 24, 2023 9:32 PM
Jul 2022
Tinha momentos que me lembrava anohana. Chorei que nem uma condenada, mue cérebro dava 360° toda hora sério imaginei muitas possibilidades. Esse anime me machucou. Ótimo pra quem quer chorar e se sentir vazio/incompleto e impotente.
Apr 25, 2023 8:45 PM
Mar 2021
Super good story, Overall such a good experience watching it. I also love the whole idea of having 2 endings to this anime, although I believe that watching "To me, The One Who Loved You" first is the better alternative.

Not giving a 10/10 because I got lost in both episodes around 2/3rds which was kind of annoying, although in the end it did resolve itself.

I believe a solid 8/10 is fit here because it was still a heartwarming anime and it showed many good points of life in general.
10/10 recommend watching this anime and its counterpart as well.
Apr 26, 2023 2:55 PM
May 2020
i cried so much :'))
May 1, 2023 7:29 AM
Nov 2021
The story was MIND BLOWING. The way this movie and the one other part were entangled was just AMAZING.
Btw this movie was connected to another movie named, "Boku ga aishita subete no kimi e." Both of em were just mind-blowing.

The concepts of time traveling that shown in both of the movies feels too practical that you will want to watch it with your brain's content. By doing that movie will make you feel amazed. The ending, the decision of mc did make me cry.
"By changing great chaos, hou have to sacrifice greater things."

*For those who didn't understand: use your brain. This movie needs your concentration to understand.
jyouizou_sama69May 1, 2023 8:24 AM
May 8, 2023 10:38 PM
Jul 2020
I should have watched this film first before the other one, it would have made "Boku ga Aishita Subete no Kimi e" make much more sense XD
May 9, 2023 1:02 PM
Dec 2022
iamryugi26 said:

It's actually Shiori.

Actually, Shiori in the infinite parallel world isn't a ghost. When Hidaka Koyomi shifts to another world, Shiori also shifts there; it is actually explained in the KIMI AI. At the end of BOKU AI, there is a hint that Shiori lives till she becomes old; though she didn't say her name, it was hinted at by the following event. When she met Takasaki Koyomi, she said, "My name isn't important because I'm not a special person," at 1:31:30, because it was just on her bucket list to say it to someone. It's just like what Shiori said in BOKU AI: she wants to help people and gives a cool dialogue, "It's a trivial matter, nothing to worry about," at 19:33, but she can't say it to Hidaka Koyomi because she loves and cares deeply about Koyomi. Well, it's just that Shiori loves to say cool dialogue; it's on her bucket list. Overall hinting that Shiori lives in every parallel world as alive as others.
May 16, 2023 12:04 AM
Jul 2017
Best movie of 2022
May 17, 2023 7:32 AM
May 2023
this shit was honestly horrible, it looks like a 12 year old just wrote something up their ass and got animated tbh
May 20, 2023 1:29 PM
Feb 2021
these 2 movies had so much potentaial
dont get me wrong they arent bad its just that. the va's sucked
thr plot id like s 8 but the va's performance brough the movies down to a 5 or 6
May 30, 2023 10:01 AM

May 2020
Koyomi's dog Yuno died. He was helped to move to a parallel world where Yuno is alive, but his grandfather died. Death can't be altered. (Him asking his grandpa, you're alive? That was both rude and funny.) 

Koyomi and Shiori meet in the current world. Things developed, and their rash decisions led to Shiori roaming as a ghost, without a physical body. He spent years trying to find a way to bring her back and goes to see her often at the crossroads. 

Damn, he came to a conclusion of a world where he and Shiori don't meet, while the entire movie was about him finding a way to save Shiori and not wanting to live without her.

Suddenly, we are shown a different world, where Yuno and his grandfather died. He doesn't interact with Shiori but gets close to Kazune. They get married and get older. But then, the past is shown where he tells what he intends to do. This new world is the only part that is confusing me.

Post-credits scene seems like a mystery to me. 
Jun 1, 2023 8:53 AM
Aug 2011
I like shiori, but the ending not my taste, maybe it best for koyomi to not meet shiori at all
Jun 10, 2023 2:54 PM
Mar 2021
It was ok when it wasnt ok
Jun 20, 2023 12:24 AM
Sep 2021
GAVE ME FUCKING DEPRESSION
Jul 2, 2023 7:18 AM

Jun 2020
The voice acting is so emotionless... I think that fits the nuance of the movie well but its still feels weird for an anime. I don't know if they got multiple voice actors/actresses for Koyomi, Kazune and Shiori character but they done their job very nicely. The OST are good too. The animation is watchable, though I expect for movie quality. They could've did it better.

Okay so its... yeah another typical science fiction anime, I think (?). I decided to start by this one since people said that this movie explains the from the "scientific" side more. My brain couldn't process all in one tbh and I need to paused and take a lot of notes during watching it. I probably will grasp it more after I watch the another one.

I don't really know what to comment for this one lol but it's sure great and enjoyable. I might rewatch both of the movies someday in reverse order.
Jul 9, 2023 4:34 AM
Jan 2022
good i crying watching this anime
Jul 29, 2023 5:55 AM
Nov 2020
This one made me cry than the other movie 💔💔

I decided to watch this after watching Boku ga aishita. We get to see a lot about Shiori and Koyomi's relationship in Kimi wo Aishita. I advise everyone to watch this one first. But your experience might not be ruined even though you do the opposite.
In both movies I felt that Kazune has always been there for Koyomi and even made Koyomi and Shiori meet one last time even when they don't remember their promise 😢😢😢

But it's heartbreaking that we didn't get to see Shiori and Koyomi being together and it felt like the universe made Koyomi and Kazune end up together since there is no chance for Shiori to be alive in any of the worlds other than the one in which they never meet each other 😭
Jul 29, 2023 5:56 AM
Nov 2020
iamryugi26 said:

that's Shiori right ?
but I have doubts as well since she doesn't look like Shiori
Aug 15, 2023 5:42 PM

Mar 2014
I want to say that some scenes got me sad but then me thinking again made me smile and then laugh at the situation.

Them thinking as kids "let's run away!"  ...not considering their living, food and money needs.
On that point, them even thinking that their parents wouldn't be okay with them marrying when they not even blood related or anything, they are pretty much just roomates with family tags on!

Its laughable how Shiori died (Not really in that way) and the father finding out the reason why they did the transfer, is baffled by the fact they thought that they couldn't get married .->

Also...DOES NO ONE IN JAPAN LOOK LEFT AND RIGHT BEFORE CROSSING?! I get she was in the moment and taken back by seeing her parents together again...but damn kids what did you learn in Elementary school?!
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Aug 15, 2023 5:46 PM

Mar 2014
Also another thing, maybe its me but there was quite a lot of moments when the camera would focus on the MC's Nike shoes, almost as if there was a Nike product placement going on.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Aug 18, 2023 9:29 PM

Jul 2016
Decided to watch this first. Will watch BokuAi tomorrow.

Interesting movie though I think they went overboard with the scientific talk and exposition moments. Not to mention that all this chaos happening because Shiori and Koyomi never bothered to search for marriage regulations regarding their situation online was plain stupid. If anything, they could have just talked with their parents but Shiori decided that jumping between universes was a more reasonable solution... okay.

As for the ending, I would say it was a happy one ("Ghost Shiori and Koyomi" reuniting as well as their older versions doing the same) though it had its fair share of melancholy considering "Original Koyomi" spend/wasted all his life trying to save Shiori. No school life, no adolescence, no friends, apparently no marriage with Kazune, etc. Same for "Original Kazune" who spent most of her life accompanying "Original Koyomi" but as a simple friend/colleague.

6/10 - Kind of nonsensical for moments (Koyomi only needed to go back in time and tell Shiori not to do the shift since their marriage was still possible) but story ended up being engaging enough. Though I must say that the voice acting from both Koyomi and Shiori's VAs was incredibly poor. Especially Koyomi's.

Well, now onto BokuAi.
Aug 21, 2023 2:10 PM

Jul 2020
Expected much more prom this movie. The plot made zero sense sometimes, the art wasn't that good, too.
Also it's probably one of the most horrible voice acting I've ever heard. 6/10, moving on to the next one
Aug 28, 2023 9:22 AM
Jun 2022
Great anime featuring some parallel universe sort of things at the end of the anime makes me emotional
Sep 4, 2023 4:43 PM

Feb 2009
I liked it overall, but did wish that it would've ended better. In the end, it was almost like there was no pay-off (and no, I don't really consider BokuAi a pay-off at all because it was really just an unrelated story despite all the links and implications). Shiori never got to be with her love and Koyomi spent his entire life saving her only to end up with someone else.
Sep 22, 2023 5:09 PM
Dec 2018
For those who missed it -
1. Your memories are lost when you do time shift. So Koyomi can't go back in time and tell Shiori not to parallel shift.
2. Koyomi's imaginary is linked with Shiori, so if he time shifts, she does as well. To be precise, he does a parallel time shift to bring Shiori's imaginary to a world line where they never meet (and Shiori lives). Even if he doesn't do anything, Shiori lives in Bokuverse. So what Koyomi does is basically merge Kimiverse's Shiori's imaginary to Bokuverse. This also merges his own imaginary to Bokuverse.
3. Shiori doesn't become a ghost in every parallel world. She simply dies. But to every world Koyomi travels to, Shiori travels as well. That's how Koyomi sees Shiori's ghost in Bokuverse at last, theoretically it's parallel shift followed by time shift.
4. Shiori's death is inevitable. Even if they realize that they can get married, she'll die anyway, as long as they are together.
5. He waited so long because Kazune convinced him not to cause suffering to his parents, kids, and grandkids, etc. Also he had some responsibilities as the director. He wanted to make his death look as natural as possible.

Now over to one question -
1. Does Shiori have all or some memories from when she was a ghost? Atleast she remembers the promise to go to the crossing. Is it a memory or a strong feeling that persisted?

More topics from this board

» Between two animes did Koyomi and SHiori have their happy ending?

Scarlet-Khaleesi - Apr 23, 2023

19 by ClementKelley »»
Jan 22, 8:11 AM

» "Summer Daydream" by Saucy Dog

KnightTimaeus - Apr 29, 2023

15 by Not-Claudio »»
Oct 2, 2023 10:01 AM

» Hidaka Koyomi/Takasaki Koyomi

ZeriFN0X1A - Aug 20, 2023

1 by Alexioos95 »»
Aug 20, 2023 11:55 AM

» 'BOKU' FIRST 'KIMI' THEN!!!

mufarari - Jun 20, 2023

9 by hikkiyuki »»
Aug 11, 2023 11:50 AM

» Is it weird?

First-Single - Jun 5, 2023

5 by First-Single »»
Jun 9, 2023 3:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.