Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 7, 2023 6:27 AM

Jul 2022
Everyone should watch this anime no matter what.

Mar 7, 2023 6:41 AM
Oct 2020
yup....one of the best seinen romance mangas I have ever read.....
Mar 7, 2023 6:55 AM

May 2022
I don't actually have insomnia but I am looking forward to what this anime has in store for us.
π’Ÿπ‘œπ“ƒ'𝓉 𝓁𝑒𝓉 π’Άπ“ƒπ“Žπ‘œπ“ƒπ‘’ 𝒹𝒾𝒸𝓉𝒢𝓉𝑒 π“Žπ‘œπ“Šπ“‡ 𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒.
Mar 7, 2023 7:04 AM
Oct 2022
gonna be watching it for the sole reason of it being night themed which i enjoyed a lot in call of the night
Mar 7, 2023 8:27 AM
Oct 2022
I sleep like a baby, never had issues with insomnia. Looking forward to this one regardless!
Mar 7, 2023 9:35 AM
Apr 2022
I am eager to see what it’s about. I liked Call of the Night which took place at night mostly, and yes I have insomnia lol.
Mar 7, 2023 10:33 AM

Jan 2023
I am not expecting much ... let's see πŸ‘€

Mar 7, 2023 3:29 PM
Nov 2022
I liked call of the night, that was thrilling I can never roam around like that, at times felt like I was the one going out instead of the MC felt very real, let's see what this one is bringing yeah I do suffer from insomnia every couple nights a month.
Ryo-KunjMar 7, 2023 3:36 PM
Mar 7, 2023 4:56 PM
Jul 2020
Ppl think this is gonna be another call of the night or some shit πŸ’€. It’s a million times better
Mar 7, 2023 6:02 PM
Dec 2021
iGotIceInMyRice said:
Ppl think this is gonna be another call of the night or some shit πŸ’€. It’s a million times better

gonna have to disagree with u there. i read the manga of insomiacs and im 5 vols into the manga of call of the night, and while i enjoyed call of the night more id probably put them arround the same in terms of story quality.
Mar 9, 2023 2:50 AM

Aug 2019
iGotIceInMyRice said:

But do you think it's going to be similar in terms of vibe? I haven't seen Call of the Night because I'm not really interested in it, but I've heard a lot of people praise the vibe of that show.
Mar 18, 2023 7:31 AM
Jul 2020
Gooseflower said:
iGotIceInMyRice said:

But do you think it's going to be similar in terms of vibe? I haven't seen Call of the Night because I'm not really interested in it, but I've heard a lot of people praise the vibe of that show.

Yea the amount of people saying that because both of the shows rely on the setting of dark and night, means that they have similar story components or some shit.
Apr 10, 2023 4:17 PM
Feb 2012
I relate a 100% with everything this show is saying and showing.

The impossibility to sleep properly, the sounds of the day starting when you barely start to get sleepy, the irritability, the headaches, the feeling of not being understood, the feeling of culpability when you stay on your phone to do something else than leave your mind to wander to dark places... Everything is too damn well relatable, and the protagonist is the most effective self-insert I've encountered in anime for me.
Clearly, the writer knows what they're talking about, and they describe what it's like magnificently.

I have very little doubt, based on this first episode, that this show will enter my top 10 upon completion. That's how much of a connection I felt with it.
Apr 10, 2023 4:38 PM

Jul 2017
1000%.

I'm a guy that has ADHD and has struggled with stress and anxiety constantly, which trickles down collectively to whenever I try to sleep which results in failure. Especially in high school when exam preparation was hell, I would never sleep at night and would try to distract myself with either podcasts or anime, and just feel exhausted physically and mentally throughout the actual school day before even arriving there. I would even go to the back of the auditorium and try to get some shut eye there when there is no one there, due to how cool the room was and being really quiet too. If not there, I would sneak in to an empty classroom which no one was using and just have a kip there after looking at schedules. I still struggle with insomnia a lot nowadays and use podcasts or even take walks outside midnight while listening to music to just pass time since it was better to do that then overthink about why I am not sleeping and stressing out about that and various other things in life, which results in me not sleeping anyway.

I empathize with a lot of things about this series, and given how much I love the manga, the anime gave a ton of promise with how the first episode was adapted and how it felt. Even watched it intentionally at night when the episode released in the afternoon to have it be more of a fitting vibe.
Apr 10, 2023 5:11 PM

Mar 2016
I do, but more so that my sleep cycles are basically fucked to where I usually can only get 5-6 hours of sleep on average. At least I don’t end up being completely nocturnal, but getting tired during the day has been a regularity for me over the recent decade.

That being said, it wasn’t enough to get me that attached to the manga myself cause it’s not like I was lucky enough to meet anyone with the exact same problem and have the exact same habits or even find a “secret hideout” of sorts, but I appreciate that the relatability is there to some degree.
Apr 10, 2023 7:09 PM

Apr 2022
yeah, well sort of. i used to sleep around 3am, even 4:30am back in highschool sometimes. i managed to go as early as 1:30 - 2am at one point but currently, i'm back to sleeping around 3.
iGotIceInMyRice said:
ye after the first episode, i already like this more. just hoping it stays that way.
Apr 10, 2023 8:22 PM

Jul 2017
ryzxgum said:
yeah, well sort of. i used to sleep around 3am, even 4:30am back in highschool sometimes. i managed to go as early as 1:30 - 2am at one point but currently, i'm back to sleeping around 3.
iGotIceInMyRice said:
ye after the first episode, i already like this more. just hoping it stays that way.

In my first year of university, my insomnia got so bad that I ended up passing out around 8am and woke up at 1-2 pm during regular days, which involved me missing classes too without realizing it. I would always try to keep alarms to make sure I am awake on time but I would never be able to sleep at all when trying to force myself, which only ended badly. Even failed a course as I missed an exam due to having passed out due to effects of insomnia as I was pretty stressed when trying to sleep. High school times were pretty awful too, like what you mentioned with 4:30 am being more regular then (while I had to be at the bus stop for school at 6 am lol).
Apr 10, 2023 8:44 PM

Apr 2022
animejas said:
ryzxgum said:

In my first year of university, my insomnia got so bad that I ended up passing out around 8am and woke up at 1-2 pm during regular days, which involved me missing classes too without realizing it. I would always try to keep alarms to make sure I am awake on time but I would never be able to sleep at all when trying to force myself, which only ended badly. Even failed a course as I missed an exam due to having passed out due to effects of insomnia as I was pretty stressed when trying to sleep. High school times were pretty awful too, like what you mentioned with 4:30 am being more regular then (while I had to be at the bus stop for school at 6 am lol).

jesus, 8am is insane! yeah, only thing i've gotten from forcing myself is a headache lol alarms never really help much either. i feel you on that last line though, i also had to be on the road at 6 because my school was pretty far and if i was 10mins late, that would mean being in traffic till after 8. now i've moved to a place closer to my uni so i can wake up around 9 or 10am despite sleeping at 3 so it's kinda alright but damn, you really reminded me of my dark days which i forgot about LMFAO makes me wonder how i managed to survive that period of my life.

so this show hits quite close to home, intrigued to see how the rest of it turns out.
Apr 10, 2023 10:35 PM

May 2022
I can't sleep tonight. This is a problem for me, more and more often. So I watched episode 1 and fell in love with the Insomniacs. Now I'm off to buy the manga. Please give me a happy ending!
Apr 12, 2023 5:22 AM
Jun 2021
Gooseflower said:
iGotIceInMyRice said:

The beautiful night themes sugarcoated by its catchy ost, I guess this description will be enough to understand why people say it has its own unique "vibe"
Apr 12, 2023 5:44 AM

Sep 2020
I don't have insomnia but I do have this thing where I can't resist myself from sleeping when I obviously don't want to sleep.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Apr 12, 2023 4:26 PM
Dec 2020
As an on-and-off insomniac I do relate ( I have periods where I just can't properly fall asleep for months, followed by a few of months of solid sleep). Trying to kill time at night reading books or listening to the radio, listening to the sounds of a waking city, watching the sun peer through the blinds, working your butt off just so you can justify taking a nap at work, bouts of depression and feelings of loneliness, the joys of exploring the city at night, the occasional, irrational fear that everything is just a hallucination, meeting other insomniacs just to hang for a bit (if you're lucky in real life, but there's actually a huge community online), oh, and the headaches. It's all there. I think this anime captures it way better than Yofukashi no Uta, because it's nothing dramatic. It's a condition that has its ups and downs, and it's neither flashy nor dull. It's just a thing that you learn to live with even when it's bothersome.
B3RyL01Apr 12, 2023 4:46 PM
Apr 12, 2023 4:32 PM
Dec 2020
samsince04 said:
I don't have insomnia but I do have this thing where I can't resist myself from sleeping when I obviously don't want to sleep.
You might have ME/CFS (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome). It's not the same as insomnia, but it's still a condition. You should talk to a physician about it, and don't take "no" for an answer because some of them like to dismiss it. It's a real condition, and it can get worse and it can impact your life in a negative way, so please, talk to a doctor about it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - May 15, 2023

104 by winsonkeren »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

» So… still nothing about season 2?

A-lil-weeb-dog - Feb 8

17 by saketsahu »»
Apr 26, 2:26 AM

» Anyone else want to try out astrophotography after watching this?

D-A-W - Apr 13

1 by kartik111 »»
Apr 24, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 19, 2023

147 by D-A-W »»
Apr 12, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 12, 2023

84 by D-A-W »»
Apr 12, 11:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.