Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
ONIMAI: I'm Now Your Sister!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Jan 6, 2023 3:56 PM
May 2021
I thought this would be a horny anime, but it's really quite wholesome.
Jan 6, 2023 4:08 PM
Dec 2019
the artstyle is cute :3
Jan 6, 2023 4:31 PM

Aug 2020
Okay, this is one of the wackiest releases of this season by far xD

I hope Mahiro will have a significant change in this anime, and that Mihari will make him come back to his state. This will some NHK with little girls?!?!?!? XDXDXD

I like the OST, very catchy. And the employee at the lingerie shop was cute.

This will be out of the usual.

Jan 6, 2023 4:39 PM

Jun 2019
Hmmm. This show looks insanely good from what I expected from the synopsis. Like the studio went "Let's do it".

As for the story, I honestly don't know where this is heading, what it aims or anything. I'm in.
Jan 6, 2023 7:17 PM
May 2019
Loved it. Already gave it a 10/10.
Jan 6, 2023 7:42 PM

Oct 2016
Wow, I enjoyed the hell out of that, the plot is uhh, questionable, but it's actually wholesome and there's substance to it, plus the production quality is so vibrant and full of life. Studio Bind really loves their controversial shows though lmao. 

The ED felt so 2000s like what the hell lmao, banger. Who needs therapy when you have an inhumanly talented sister. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 6, 2023 7:59 PM

Jul 2022
Bro going the first falling asleep in the house.
Jan 6, 2023 8:20 PM

Sep 2022
i haven't read the manga yet but this anime really got me good, i'm excited to look for more.

the opening is surely banger.
Jan 6, 2023 9:36 PM
Nov 2010
animegamer245 said:
YagamiYash said:
Studio bind has some really talented people and has potential to be one of the greatest studios if only they stop adapting these questionable shows.
Studio Bind was literally created for the purpose of adapting MT & this was chosen for an adaptation because it was one of the most wanted in Japan.
well it was voted as the 3rd most wanted anime adaptation back in March 2020 from over 180 thousand votes so hey.
Jan 7, 2023 1:58 AM

Apr 2012
Well. This is one of the weirdest things I've sort of liked for a long time. I mean, there are all sorts of complaints you can make about fetishisation, consent and gender essentialism, albeit in some cases depending on currently unknown details about the relationship between the siblings or the way the magic works. But because it goes so far, and also since it isn't related to any current political trends, I just ended up taking it on its own terms, "it's about a fucked up situation, hey, there are plenty of those in the real world". I'm pretty sure I'm not appreciating it in the way it's supposed to be appreciated though, lots of things I'm sure are supposed to be funny where I'm just going "yeah, that's how it is now". But it's the surprisingly sensitive and gorgeously animated presentation which is giving this its value.
Jan 7, 2023 2:49 AM

Sep 2018
Oh my...  I was wondering what I'd be getting into but... 

I totally loved this. 

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jan 7, 2023 3:32 AM

Apr 2019
Nyanber said:
Jorovie said:
Oniichan wa Oshimai, just as the title says and as the main character said while they were running "Maybe it's time I give up trying to be the older brother and stay as I am now" is an anime about a male neet hikkikomori that suddenly became a girl overnight due to his sister's experimentation, reminds me of that one meme about being the first one to fall asleep at a sleepover, bro literally woke up and became a girl, i don't think this is the right plan to rehabilitate your older brother though, anyways, liking this anime so far 

You a haachama fan
Why yes, she's the reason I fell into the vtuber rabbit hole, her content was great back in the day during the times she was in Australia, I still watch her even now
Jan 7, 2023 4:30 AM
Jan 2015
Very stylized. This may turn out to be very interesting
Jan 7, 2023 4:37 AM

May 2020
studio bind did a great job the animation is amazing 
Jan 7, 2023 5:19 AM

Sep 2010
kokosusy said:
number of people are hating mihari more and more while what she is doing is just for the good of her brother, the people who hate her are idiots because they have never read the manga >:(
I hadn't read the manga when I watched episode 1, and even I concluded Mihari was really trying to help her brother.

VivaceRex said:
Damn, I don't expect this to be quite wholesome and not really pervy with the whole premise. Her sister should get a Nobel Prize for the drug lol. The drug is also put to good use for rehabilitation to decrease NEET. I always enjoy gender shift gender roles comedy and this one looks promising.
Pretty sure treatments intended to change one's sexual orientation (sure, it's just a possible side effect in this case) are outlawed in my country.
Jan 7, 2023 6:39 AM
Apr 2015
Eu achei fofinho, apesar da premissa ser algo que eu já vi semelhante, só que em formato de Hentão... (pra quem ficou curioso procura por TSF monogatari) kkkkkkk

Agora sobre o primeiro EP em si eu gostei em certos pontos, como o/a prota ser um Hikikomori e se sentir inferior a irmãzinha talentosa dele, apesar dele não estar categorizado como Drama, acho que quem gosta de um pouco acredito que esse pode te entregar um pouco, com alguns alivios comicos pra não deixar a historia séria. No geral, é um bom primeiro episódio, que mostra o que quer entregar, personagens fofinhos, momentos constrangedores, um draminha leve e um Hikikomori mudando de vida, por influencia da sua irmãzinha prodígio.
Jan 7, 2023 7:15 AM

Oct 2008
is show was fantastically, notoriously, maliciously fun and is not fazed about the little bitty information of female org*sm stronger than males...lolz 
there are some cute fluff moments between his/her sister Mihari.
5/5.
matias067Jan 7, 2023 7:49 AM

Jan 7, 2023 8:22 AM

Feb 2020
Bocchi the Rock! of this season. I mean, this will get a lot of attention.
Jan 7, 2023 8:55 AM

Jan 2023
Para um primeiro episódio, simplesmente achei incrível, a Kobayashee é muito carismatica, meio doida mais é divertido ver ela. E os personagens dessa novel que eles estão jogando são bem interessantes, adorei o jeito que começou, e pelo jeito vai ter um Vilão nessa história que parece que quer a protagonista da novel de alguma forma, então talvez não seja coincidencia eles estarem influenciando o jogo assim..... ansioso para o próximo ep
Jan 7, 2023 9:08 AM
Dec 2021
Jorovie said:
Nyanber said:

You a haachama fan
Why yes, she's the reason I fell into the vtuber rabbit hole, her content was great back in the day during the times she was in Australia, I still watch her even now

Same here i also fall into Vtuber rabbit hole In 2020 through her crazy cooking videos
Jan 7, 2023 1:03 PM

Oct 2018
I keep rewatching this episode. Animation seem very fluid.
Jan 7, 2023 5:52 PM

Dec 2015
I read the manga a long time ago, but damn...
this was the last series I expected to get animation this good

I really liked the colour-pallet for in-door scenes and how it contrasted with MC's dark room
Framing was also so on-point

Kinda shame it got such a low score already
Jan 7, 2023 7:06 PM

Nov 2016
a bit weary on how incesty this may get but, the concept and animation is interesting enough that I'm willing to stick it out! i honestly really love how bubble gummy and soft the colors in the show are! sort of reminds me of Do it Yourself!
Jan 7, 2023 7:11 PM
Jun 2021
fucking sucks ass
Jan 8, 2023 12:08 AM
Jan 2017
Great comedy, wasn't too dark despite teasing the subject of extreme social anxiety and was very cute. It accurately depict the level of madness and emotional fragility in the mc cause by his social withdrawal without scaremongering the subject. I don't care what anyone says - as someone who has gone through this they depicted it right and though the anime's solution was extreme, it also raises awareness that the person in question may not have as bad a reaction to the push as people may think so long as they are handled kindly during and after the push. The moral intension in this show seems to be on point, indicating how much worse it get's if their emotional wounds are left to fester.

In the serious bits, it also conveys the lack of confidence in his state of mind accurately because even though the "bad guys" were quite obviously the students around him criticizing him for not being as perfect as his sister - he seems to be hesitant to place all the blame on them - instead taking most of the blame for himself acknowledging that it would be unfair to drag his sister down despite the mild and might I add misdirected animosity toward his sister which he acknowledges is misdirected. Kind of a mess right? But hella accurate!

Sorry for the rant - was kinda triggered by another persons comment on the show - I hate scaremongers.
Jan 8, 2023 12:30 AM
Oct 2022
This is the best anime for lo- like me :D
Jan 8, 2023 12:41 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Fun start. I wonder where you can get that kind of drug, lmao. You know, this made me want Eromanga-sensei to come back for a 2nd season, xD. 

Mihari-chan seems like a really nice imouto-san, and that snippet, in the end, showing the rehab project is heartwarming. 

2 years and finally out, that wasn't going to be easy of course. Next stop being the lingerie shop? God, that's got to be stressful as heck. Real identity crisis, right there!

I'm definitely curious and up for more, lol. 
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 8, 2023 7:36 AM
Feb 2021
complicated,bro
Jan 8, 2023 9:48 AM
Apr 2013
Peculiar first episode, but suffice to say I'll be interested in the next eps.

I'm probably gonna rewatch the first ep itself because it seems I missed a lot of stuff, though thats not necessarily a good or bad thing either.

Took awhile to get used to the voice actors, though uh. Perhaps intentional maybe. Though a bit weird.

Right now I'm not sure how accurate it is to the manga, but it feels a little too outlandish maybe. The OP and ED are just wat.

It also feels like, again this is an adaptation so maybe its just the source manga, but it feels like they were deliberately trying to push as many buttons as possible in the first ep. I'm hoping the other eps wont be so uh.

Also personally I would have prefered a simpler and/or more subdued colour choice than this pseudo rainbow we got but well thats what we got.
Jan 8, 2023 10:07 AM
Dec 2022
this anime is not my type , i already watched gender swaping anime but this is to much also I dont want small sister like her , my sympathy for bro.
Jan 8, 2023 3:23 PM
Aug 2019
Good shit, gooooood shit right here SHEEEEEEEEESH
Jan 8, 2023 6:22 PM

Nov 2018
The trooniest of all troon bait I've ever seen until now LMAOOOOOO
Jan 8, 2023 6:34 PM

Jan 2022
I actually fell asleep while watching this. This is so boring wtf. Why did the sister transform him into a girl? 

toppington and bottomsley was funny tho
This never updates so that's cool
Jan 8, 2023 7:08 PM

Jun 2012
The opening is so dope, P-maru never disappoints.
Jan 8, 2023 8:04 PM
Feb 2021
It’s pretty fun to watch but idk I can’t help feeling a bit uncomfortable watching. Like obviously the Loli shit but it’s just so weird.
Jan 8, 2023 8:23 PM

Feb 2021
Never seen a magical sex shifting anime before. But it seems really interesting to me so far! I'll definetely keep watching the show.
Jan 8, 2023 10:27 PM
Jun 2017
The constant 3d use is awful. Why make the characters 3d models? I get that it's cheaper, but it looks hideous.
Jan 9, 2023 4:59 AM
Jan 2023
It was surprisingly good. It actually went into how this kind of situation would actually go for somebody who has zero identity
Jan 9, 2023 9:36 AM
Feb 2018
It was alright. This is basically my first anime in years, excluding Cyberpunk Edgerunners, and for my weeb resurgance it's quite cool to be honest. Sure, the premise is completely ridiculous, but I never was a picky watcher to begin with. Fun little comedy show
Jan 9, 2023 6:03 PM
Dec 2013
I don't know if I've ever felt so uncomfortable watching a show. The main character looks like an elementary school student and they're talking about all this sexual and autonomy stuff.
Jan 9, 2023 6:42 PM
Jul 2018
Expected it to be seasonal garbage ... it DEFINITELY wasnt.
Jan 9, 2023 9:36 PM
Apr 2018
so much loli shit, just dropped... The animation is good, but that is only good thing
Jan 10, 2023 8:57 AM
Oct 2016
I just wish that was me.
Jan 10, 2023 9:48 AM

Nov 2015
story is eh but the joke is funny and the animation is top tier
weird color choice though some scenes are looking too bright
Jan 10, 2023 11:09 AM
Jul 2018
This was surprisingly good. Idk if it can stay interesting for 11 more episodes though.
Jan 10, 2023 1:20 PM
Apr 2021
a maior merda q existe, pprt viado, como q esse estudio deixou isso acontecer, os envolvidos merecem morrer, namoral, tanto anime foda p esse estudio q é mt pika pegar e eles pegam justamente esse namoral viado
Jan 10, 2023 5:02 PM
Oct 2021
story- 7.5 is kind of an obvious story so far, why the hell did the sister need to turn the guy into a girl? And where are the parents, do they live alone?

art-9.5 because it's not my favorite style, but it turned out pretty lively

sound/music-10

characters- 10 are pretty cool and fun

enjoyment- 8 I don't know if I liked it or if I was confused

overall - 9

but since the metric is between 1-5 I will give it a 5
Jan 10, 2023 8:58 PM

Apr 2019
Really digging the anime art, love that they're also incorporating a bit of Nekotoufu's artstyle with the C= C: smiles and swirly eyes.

I've been looking for the piano bgm just before the ED song plays but I can't find it anywhere on the OST. :(
Jan 10, 2023 10:43 PM
Nov 2022
Friends and I were browsing through new seasonal anime and watched this on a whim, and all I could think of throughout the entire episode was, "that's someone's fetish. And that. And that as well." To anyone who gave this a good rating, I want you to explain every detail of this episode to a normal well-adjusted person and watch their reaction. Then you wonder why you can't make any friends that aren't on Discord.
dogu_Jan 10, 2023 10:49 PM
Jan 11, 2023 1:33 AM
Jun 2022
animation surprisingly anazing
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Oniichan wa Oshimai! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2023

124 by Juicedi »»
Yesterday, 1:54 PM

» I love Asahi!

BigBoyAdvance - Feb 7

20 by Zarutaku »»
Apr 23, 3:19 PM

Poll: » did this show get you excited

weeaboo5008 - Dec 26, 2023

31 by Zarutaku »»
Apr 23, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Who do you like the most? (Favorite/best girl poll)

Onii-chanShuki - Mar 18, 2023

31 by rin750 »»
Mar 20, 1:22 AM

Poll: » Oniichan wa Oshimai! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2023

245 by Treyv0n »»
Mar 18, 7:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.