Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 24, 2022 4:38 AM
Dec 2022
I have wathed overlord and read some manga with a main character who is a necromancer and am now in love with the concept. 
I would appreciate a good anime with MC being a necromancer , doesn't matter how long or short the anime is or the art style, It just has to be good. 
Dec 24, 2022 4:55 AM

Aug 2012
Mo Dao Zu Shi (it's a Chinese donghua with three seasons and is a complete series. The first two season can also be found with a Japanese dub, but the third is only in Mandarin at the moment. It's also one of my absolute favorite series of all time and the animation is BEAUTIFUL!)
Dec 24, 2022 8:02 AM

May 2021
I don't have any suggestions but before someone recommends you Kore wa zombie deku ka or Sankarea I would advise you to avoid them as those aren't what you are searching for despite them falling into the necromancer category.

Kore wa zombie desu ka: Yes the main character is a necromancer but for most of the show she is just a dialogueless character to drive the show's comedy and she is never actually seen doing any necromancying in the series.

Sankarea: Like before the main character is a necromancer but the show is a romance story and the main character only revives the dead twice and both in a non-fantasy scientific faction and isn't exactly a big theme of the show so if someone recommends either or both to you do take not of this plot element. You'll not going to see much necromancy" in this two series
Dec 24, 2022 10:09 AM

Nov 2019
Well.. I don't know about good, but the following anime have a necromancer as the main character or as part of the ensemble..

Fate/Apocrypha
+1 Mo Dao Zu Shi
Juuni Taisen

You can also find an incomplete list of necromancer (side) characters on anidb..
Dec 24, 2022 10:21 AM
Dec 2022
Thanks for the heads up
Dec 24, 2022 10:23 AM
Dec 2022
Thank you for the recommendation . I'll check iit out
Dec 25, 2022 7:40 AM
Jun 2021
I can suggest a comedy shounen manhwa Dusk Howler which is based on the novel of the same name. This manhwa follows the adventures of three guys, the elemental wizard Jaiha, the necromancer Nine and the swordsman Mori, in the fantasy virtual game Trikia. Jaiha (timid and naive protagonist) is an inexperienced player who has just started playing Trikia, while Nine (childish and eccentric deuteragonist) and Mori (smart and tough tritagonist) are experienced players who help Jaiha.

In this game, the continent is divided into two parts that fight against each other: the Light Camp (humans, elves, gnomes, etc.) and the Dark Camp (vampires, werewolves, orcs, etc.). Nine (undead) and Mori (dark elf) are players from the Dark Camp who are in the dark guild Dusk Howler, and Jaiha (human) is a player from the Light Camp, but one cute girl (who is friends with Jaiha and Nine) asked Nine to help Jaiha in the game, so Nine became Jaiha's mentor and brought him into the Dusk Howler guild.

Mori is Nine's best friend and he tries to help Nine befriend Jaiha, however, Mori is a tsundere and he often quarrels and fights with Nine.

About 5 years ago, when Trikia was released, Nine proclaimed himself the main villain in this game and created the villainous guild Dusk Howler in the Dark Camp in order to kill players from the Light Camp. However, Nine regularly cheated, robbed and killed other players, including his friends and students, so most of those players who are in his guild hate Nine and rarely play Trikia. For this reason, at the beginning of the manhwa, Dusk Howler is a weak guild that consists of five strong players (Nine, Mori, Haerang (guy, werewolf, fighter (hand-to-hand)), Sith (loli, vampire, witch) and Naehn (cute trap who rarely appears in the story)) and about 120 weak players. In this game, any normal guild consists of 300-10,000 players, and the largest guild consists of about 100,000 players.

Nine diligently plays the role of an evil and terrible monster, but he is very funny and charming, so he often looks like a foolish comedic character. He usually uses the typical Grim Reaper's scythe as a weapon, but against his most powerful opponents he uses a sword or spear. In addition, he can briefly turn other players into undead and use them as his battle pets. He can also summon 10-20 summon pets (ghosts, zombies or skeletons) and their number depends on the time of day, that is, Nine is more powerful at night than during the day.
Nancy_DrewDec 25, 2022 7:53 AM
Dec 26, 2022 10:50 PM
Dec 2022
duchessliz87 said:
Mo Dao Zu Shi (it's a Chinese donghua with three seasons and is a complete series. The first two season can also be found with a Japanese dub, but the third is only in Mandarin at the moment. It's also one of my absolute favorite series of all time and the animation is BEAUTIFUL!)

you should have a to least mentioned the homosexuality of the characters.
I had to drop it in the third season.
Dec 27, 2022 10:35 AM

Aug 2012
Animanniac said:
duchessliz87 said:

you should have a to least mentioned the homosexuality of the characters.
I had to  drop it in the third season.
The reason I didn't mention it is because it Chinese. They don't put homosexuality in their media. The studio may have implied it to the best of their abilities, but there isn't any outright BL in it. People who don't like homosexuality can just think of it as a really strong bromance. Didn't you notice BL isn't marked in its genres? That's because it's only implied if you actually look for it because you know the source material is BL. 
Dec 28, 2022 4:01 AM
Apr 2013
Heres what comes to mind atm:

Kore wa Zombie desu ka?
Sankarea
Zombieland Saga

More topics from this board

» Recommend a masterpiece I haven't seen yet

phantom346 - Sep 27

19 by phantom346 »»
1 hour ago

» Looking for a love triangle I wont hate

isseixkoneko - Yesterday

3 by mo_lave »»
1 hour ago

» what to watch after Lain

kerokero- - Sep 14

15 by reysune »»
5 hours ago

» Suggestions wanted please

ac_rhino - 9 hours ago

3 by Zarutaku »»
9 hours ago

» High fantasy Anime/Manga that aren't western medieval Tolkien-influenced

kizumi91 - Sep 22

15 by Ryuseishun »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.