Forum Settings
Forums

Yesterday weekend I watched this movie with my girlfriend at my house

New
Dec 5, 2022 5:01 AM

Dec 2013
Yesterday weekend I watched this movie with my girlfriend at my house. I watched this movie about 10 years ago probably. Yesterday I rewatched it again, this movie is really good. Have you ever watched it? The acting are all really good, the music is also very nice, and the story is heart breaking and so dark. Its seldom these days a new released movie can be this good in overall. These days movies are full of special effects etc.: Avengers, spiderman, black adams etc., don',t like them.

The ending of this movie especially is so haunting.

philtecturophyDec 5, 2022 5:07 AM

Dec 5, 2022 7:25 AM
Jul 2018
was this a good date movie? what is ur ideal date movie?
Dec 5, 2022 2:02 PM

Dec 2013
Verthandi11 said:

I usually never think about suitable date movies to watch with my gf. Usually the movies I watch with my gf are the ones that I had watched previously and know that they are great movies (so rewatching for me, but new to her).

That movie (The Boy in Stripped Pyjamas) is one of my favorite movies, its drama revolving about holocaust, and truly one of the most haunting movie I have ever watched, and just left you dumbfounded in silence after watching it. I assume you never watch it? I would highly recommend this movie. My gf said she likes it, she said the ending was unpredictable.

My other favorite movie that I actually want to watch with my gf are The Others (Nicole Kidman, another movie with chilling eerie dark nuance), but sadly its not in Netflix

Titanic is also my most favorite one, but my gf already watched it.

Empire of the Sun also a very good one. But also not in netflix.

Jungle Book the movie is also not in Netflix, I like it and I'm sure my gf will also like it, coz we both animals lover very much.

Likewise, for anime, I rewatch together with my gf and have finished:
Death Note, Tokyo Magnitude, NTHT, Boku Dake....., Promised Neverland, most Ghibli movies, Madoka, Kappa No Coo, Ookami Kodomo, Colorful.

Thats quite an achievement I think, considering before she was with me, she have not watched anime at all. She is more into Korean movies / Drama. But I managed to make her like anime now. She said she likes those anime after finishing those with me.
philtecturophyDec 5, 2022 2:11 PM

Dec 5, 2022 2:04 PM

Jun 2022
A touching film, really, though I will say that I prefer the novel to it. If you have not read the book, please consider doing so, it is worth your time.

P.S: Your post gives me a good insight. Too many people criticize me for not having suited for a romantic interest.
Pages_PagesDec 5, 2022 2:07 PM
Dec 5, 2022 5:10 PM

Oct 2020
I remember seeing it when i was a child. It was indeed haunting

I'd recommend little women(1994) for one of your future dates
Ikkun_Dec 5, 2022 5:25 PM
Dec 5, 2022 5:17 PM
Jul 2021
I think what we all want to know. op, did you got laid? Or not?

This is crucial information that needs to be share with the rest of the class.

I'm messing with you op 😋
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Dec 5, 2022 5:33 PM

Mar 2018
Huh, silly movie, watch Der Untergang instead. Quite possibly one of the best movies portraying the Second World War. Truly a saddening story, it is yet to fail in making me shed a tear.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Dec 5, 2022 5:47 PM
Jul 2018
I watched this awhile ago…. So sad is all that comes up for me. Barely remember it but def sad.
Dec 5, 2022 6:35 PM

Oct 2016
I had to watch this in World History when we were discussing the Holocaust. Its a beautifully done movie but I'm not really into historical films.
Dec 5, 2022 7:08 PM
Jul 2018
i think a lot of movies these days are full of special effects because people want the escapism. too much terrible shit going on right now for people to want to then go to the movie theater and cry about something that happened 70 years ago. that's not to say that these movies aren't important and that a lot of them aren't brilliant, but the mass-marketable media that is produced tends to be highly reflective of how the market perceives the audience is feeling, and, well ... we've got enough tension and emotions as it is.

that all being said, my poison of choice when it comes to world war II - era films is "swing kids". if you want something haunting, i'd look into some russian war films. although i haven't seen it myself, "ivan's childhood" is said to be a pretty gruesome one.
Dec 6, 2022 7:05 AM
Jul 2018
philtecturophy said:
Verthandi11 said:

I usually never think about suitable date movies to watch with my gf. Usually the movies I watch with my gf are the ones that I had watched previously and know that they are great movies (so rewatching for me, but new to her).

That movie (The Boy in Stripped Pyjamas) is one of my favorite movies, its drama revolving about holocaust, and truly one of the most haunting movie I have ever watched, and just left you dumbfounded in silence after watching it. I assume you never watch it? I would highly recommend this movie. My gf said she likes it, she said the ending was unpredictable.

My other favorite movie that I actually want to watch with my gf are The Others (Nicole Kidman, another movie with chilling eerie dark nuance), but sadly its not in Netflix

Titanic is also my most favorite one, but my gf already watched it.

Empire of the Sun also a very good one. But also not in netflix.

Jungle Book the movie is also not in Netflix, I like it and I'm sure my gf will also like it, coz we both animals lover very much.

Likewise, for anime, I rewatch together with my gf and have finished:
Death Note, Tokyo Magnitude, NTHT, Boku Dake....., Promised Neverland, most Ghibli movies, Madoka, Kappa No Coo, Ookami Kodomo, Colorful.

Thats quite an achievement I think, considering before she was with me, she have not watched anime at all. She is more into Korean movies / Drama. But I managed to make her like anime now. She said she likes those anime after finishing those with me.
so she has similar taste in movies etc to you? the others is brilliant! one of the few horror movies iactually like. I haven't seen boy in striped pajamas but I've been particularly interested in world war 2 lately so seems like something i should go for. but jojo rabbit first haha
Dec 6, 2022 5:56 PM
Jul 2021
So no answer from op if he got laid or not, so I'll go with the assumption that it was a dud date. ☹️

Ganbatte op 🤗
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Dec 6, 2022 8:36 PM

Feb 2021
I haven't seen it before, but it does look really interesting.
philtecturophy said:
heart breaking and so dark
and Idk if this is good but I like sad ending movies.

Would you recommend it?
Dec 7, 2022 12:49 AM

Dec 2013
chopstick___ said:
I haven't seen it before, but it does look really interesting.
philtecturophy said:
heart breaking and so dark
and Idk if this is good but I like sad ending movies.

Would you recommend it?

Yes, I highly recommend it

Verthandi11 said:
so she has similar taste in movies etc to you? the others is brilliant! one of the few horror movies iactually like. I haven't seen boy in striped pajamas but I've been particularly interested in world war 2 lately so seems like something i should go for. but jojo rabbit first haha

I think almost, yes. So far anime that I like but she does not like it is Naruto. I show her episode of Naruto VS Rock Lee in Chunin exam, which is one of the best Naruto's episode, and she did not like it and got sleepy instead. That being said, she does not like anime or movies with fighting and lots of actions, and thats almost exactly the same as me. I don't like fast phase actions movies like Transformers, Fast furious, bourne series, etc. But, I love slow phase action movies like those Steven Seagal's movies where there is a random bar fight etc, its relaxing I think. She like zombies movies also, and also thriller genre movies.

Dawizz said:
So no answer from op if he got laid or not, so I'll go with the assumption that it was a dud date. ☹️

Ganbatte op 🤗

I am straight. I posted picture of me and my gf some times ago
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2060572#msg68089474
I am a person who think romance through physical touch love language is crucial part in a relationship, and that has remain true for me since my first ex gf. So thats a clue for you

Dec 7, 2022 8:07 AM
Jul 2018
@philtecturophy good that u can enjoy many things together

More topics from this board

» Question about how demonic some colours are

LenRea - 5 hours ago

10 by PlasticRobot »»
2 minutes ago

» Have you ever touched and/or kept any foreign currency(ies)?

Kiryotsu - Apr 29

40 by DesuMaiden »»
56 minutes ago

» people of mal, do you judge people by their looks, height, and other physical traits? ( 1 2 )

real-truck-Kun - Nov 4, 2023

53 by DesuMaiden »»
58 minutes ago

» How long have you been using your accounts on your favorite sites?

RobertBobert - 6 hours ago

5 by DesuMaiden »»
1 hour ago

» Do you record your thoughts down in a journal?

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

27 by DesuMaiden »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.