Forum Settings
Forums
86--EIGHTY-SIX (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 25, 2022 2:33 PM
Feb 2021
Another crazy volume. More suffering for the republic citizens, though this time I genuinely felt bad for a change. Lena's father is on the side of legions, and with the way Karlhstal's final moments were phrased, it appears as though Vaclav would be close to a final antagonist.

Sigh. Time for another long wait.
Dec 2, 2022 3:33 AM

Feb 2007
The tables have turned once more and almost all their advances are made meaningless. Although there is a sliver of hope left if their original plan would still work. But certainly the Legion have now evolved far beyond their original design and programming, this time unleashing essentially an army of zombies bent on revenge...

I do like the parts with Lena's mother, though. Not only do we learn more about why she wanted Lena to quit the army - in the end she doesn't just die helplessly like most of the Republic, but actually trying to save another life.

Satan1234 said:
Lena's father is on the side of legions

Pretty sure we all knew for a long, long time that he was No Face, his description made it very clear.
luinthoronDec 2, 2022 5:19 AM
Dec 2, 2022 3:37 AM
Feb 2021
luinthoron said:
Pretty sure we all knew for a long, long time that he was No Face, his description made it very clear.
Yes but it's the first confirmation from the series itself. (If I am not forgetting anything)
Dec 2, 2022 5:13 AM

Feb 2007
Satan1234 said:
luinthoron said:
Yes but it's the first confirmation from the series itself. (If I am not forgetting anything)

That much is true, yes. Zelene has called him by name before, but the name itself was omitted in the actual text. The even remotely closest thing to an actual confirmation we've had until now was Vaclav and No Face sharing the voice actor in the anime adaptation.
Dec 20, 2022 1:24 PM
Jul 2021
luinthoron said:
Satan1234 said:

That much is true, yes. Zelene has called him by name before, but the name itself was omitted in the actual text. The even remotely closest thing to an actual confirmation we've had until now was Vaclav and No Face sharing the voice actor in the anime adaptation.

OMG I didn't know that happened.
Upon reading volume 11 though, I had that bad feeling...
Dec 20, 2022 1:49 PM

Feb 2007
I do have to say, I am a bit surprised that No Face as a supreme commander would actually go out there himself. It really shows how much Vaclav hated what his homeland had done to the 86...
Jan 7, 2023 10:42 PM

Feb 2019
Absolutely beautiful volume. The whole recent theme of the story has been the eighty six moving on from the past, accepting what’s happened and refusing to be prisoners of it. For Theo it’s been leaving the military. For Anju it’s moving on with Dustin, for Shin it’s opening up and being with Lena. Kurena it was her confession to shin etc.

The final step in that process is of course confronting the past. Seeing the alba and republic in shambles and not allowing it to make them angry or anything, just genuinely being indifferent to it all shows how far the squad has come. This was the perfect way to bring everything full circle. One of my fave volumes.

Holy shit tho, Lena dad?? That was some brilliant writing from Asato sensei. I didn’t even pay much attention when Lena’s mom brought up her dad’s name and how much she was acting like him. Was an obvious set up for him being a legion now. Also, her having her dad and Shin having his brother.. perfect parallels. Just some great writing going on in the story rn

I hope we get more zelene next volume.
Feb 11, 2023 12:40 AM
Nov 2019
Anyone know at what chapter we are?
Feb 11, 2023 6:12 AM

Feb 2021
Martin_Galbavy said:
Anyone know at what chapter we are?
I think this volume ends with chapter 83 if you count all the prologues, epilogues, and etc...
Feb 13, 2023 5:55 AM

Jan 2017
So Lena's dad is confirmed to be No Face, that's such a cruel final boss.

I'm on the fence during the whole act of rescuing Republic refugees, the Federacy honestly doesn't need or care them but I salute at the amount of effort they all did.

More topics from this board

» (No spoilers please) Estimated End Date?

Skoorb - Apr 19

5 by jas-samaaa »»
May 2, 3:12 PM

Poll: » 86 Volume 12 Discussion

FragmantLemon - Dec 6, 2023

2 by SSRSyt »»
Dec 6, 2023 10:09 PM

» Eighty six vol 12

Rose_572 - Jun 4, 2023

9 by BitChilly »»
Nov 21, 2023 3:38 PM

Poll: » 86 Chapter 25 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Oct 8, 2023

6 by SSRSyt »»
Oct 9, 2023 7:13 AM

Poll: » 86 Volume 4 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Apr 9, 2020

19 by Mechabandit »»
Aug 5, 2023 6:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.