Forum Settings
Forums

MAL Secret Santa 2022: Anime Edition - Sign Up!

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (58) « First ... « 33 34 [35] 36 37 » ... Last »
Nov 27, 2022 4:11 PM
Apr 2021
Min-Max length: less than 60 episodes
Likes: mecha stuff, comedy, epicness, I'd like something like trigun, code geass, soul eater, or black lagoon, something with cool characters
Dislikes:Mainstream or well-known anime and goofy anime
Any sub/stream restrictions?: no
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): No, please
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 169
Does your list include everything you've seen?: mostly
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/FrancoGod9
Choose one—Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge) or Elf Gift (get gift only, no badge): Gift Exchange
Nov 27, 2022 4:23 PM

Oct 2007
Min-Max length: Anything under 100 is good.
Likes: Mystery/psychological and ecchi, not necessarily combined.
Dislikes: I don't dislike whole genres or demographics, only specific shows within said genres and demographics. I'll take my chances.
Any sub/stream restrictions?: None at all. What you give me doesn't have to be streaming; hell, it doesn't even have to be licensed!
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Sure, why not?
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 443
Does your list include everything you've seen?: No, there are a couple shows from when I was younger that I left out because they were watched casually/out of order.
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/PokeNirvash
Choose one—Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge) or Elf Gift (get gift only, no badge): Elf Gift
Nov 27, 2022 4:24 PM
Great Love

Mar 2019
Min-Max length: any
Dislikes: mecha, sports
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): yes
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 268
Does your list include everything you've seen?: yes
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Merulox&order=4
Choose one—Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge) or Elf Gift (get gift only, no badge): Gift Exchange

Nov 27, 2022 4:28 PM
Mar 2022
Min-Max length: no specific min/max, generally prefer shorter stuff but am open to longer stuff as well if you think i'd like it
Likes: good characters are the top priority for me. i can enjoy something as long as there's at least one character i really like. i especially enjoy things with a focus on characters, their personalities, minds, development, etc. basically, as long as it meets that criteria (good character/s with a reasonable amount of focus), i will probably like it. big fan of character studies, i would really enjoy watching something like that.
i like psychological stuff, and stuff where characters go through a lot of suffering/hardship. i like comedy and light-hearted stuff as well, both as a main focus and as a side dish. i like the idea of mahou shoujo but haven't actually seen any. i haven't really seen much romance, but i think i would be open to it as long as all characters involved are treated respectfully. i haven't seen any harems or isekais i don't think but if it isn't just fanservice / wish fulfillment and has value outside of that it should be OK.
i'll probably get more enjoyment from anime that are less plot-heavy, have a simple plot, or hand-hold you through complicated plot. i do like action, but only as a means to give the character stuff meaning and stakes, and not as a main focus.
i like non-human characters a lot, fully sentient/sapient characters who look/act/think in a way different from humans. generally, the less human the better. this only applies if the non-human characters have a reasonable amount of focus though. i'd prefer not to be recommended something because it has a furry background character or something, haha. my favorite type of non-human character is robot/ai/computer characters. again, the less human the better.. think hal9000 or glados over a human-looking android. i'm aware this is sort of hard to come by in anime though, so i'm more just trying to see if it's out there at all. mecha/vehicles are OK so long as the mecha/vehicle is a character in its own right and not just a pilotable shell.
i like body horror and religious imagery!
i like artsy, stylish, and weird/wacky stuff. i prefer stuff that's on the faster side of things in terms of pace, but not to the point of being shallow or hard to follow hopefully.
favorite anime, for inspiration: houseki no kuni, golden kamuy, dorohedoro.
most of what was listed here isn't a must-have, you can basically rec me anything with good characters and i will accept it, the other stuff is just there if you want to really make my day.
Dislikes: generally, i dislike: ecchi/excessive fanservice (with exceptions for stuff thats funny/done in an interesting way/doesnt feel creepy or exploitative.. for example i'm fine with the fanservice in golden kamuy), loli stuff, incest, minor/adult stuff, misogyny/bad treatment of female characters, generally 'offensive' stuff... some of this can be kind of unavoidable even in otherwise good anime sometimes so i'm willing to put up with it so long as it's not a main focus, just keep that in mind i guess.
if it's super plot-heavy/focused and there are a ton of action scenes or complex political stuff i usually find that kind of boring and hard to follow/pay attention to. if those things are relevant to characters i like then i can get more invested in them, but if the focus is on plot and action scenes rather than characters then i don't usually like that. if plots are complex or very political / subtle, i would rather stuff that's explained within the show than stuff that you have to piece together / pay very close attention to, because sometimes i lose focus and it flies over my head.
i said i like characters going through suffering/hardship, but i am not very fond of that being driven by death / illness / terminal illness, so i think some anime i've seen labeled as 'emotional' / 'a tear jerker' would be a miss for me.
i mentioned earlier that i like non-human characters, but i will say if they look/act exactly like humans with the fact they are non-human not being very significant, that is a bit boring to me. with robots specifically i dislike plotlines where they are meant to be a "replacement" for a dead human and i am not interested in cyborgs.
historical stuff doesn't appeal to me generally, i know i said i like golden kamuy but that's more the exception than the rule.
stuff that is very slow paced / chill / adult and "mature" can be a miss for me (short attention span as previously established lol).
pretty much none of these are hard limits, because as i said earlier as long as i like the characters i can put up with a lot, but i think it's better to be more descriptive than not so i hope this gives a good idea of my likes and dislikes.
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 78, but short films & music videos bloat the count
Does your list include everything you've seen?: pretty much yes
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/KittoKattxx
Nov 27, 2022 4:31 PM

Aug 2015
Min-Max length:
No limit

Genres: Adventure, action, sci-fi, historical, drama, seinen, military, psychological
Themes:
• Manipulative, ambitious, clever villains & Machiavellian leaders / underdogs thirsting for power (see examples)
• Intense, long-term, all-consuming rivalries between equally compelling characters (see examples)
• Morally corrupt bishōnen... romantic himbos... sad, disheveled DILFs (see examples)
• Intriguing world-building
• Wholesome found family shenanigans & chaotic ensemble casts
• Heists, espionage, and secret missions
• Unique art styles (see examples)

Dislikes:
Genres: Battle or gag shounen, shoujo, slice-of-life, isekai
Themes:
• Damsels in distress (lack of agency) / useless heroes (angsty, indecisive, weak-willed)
• Fan service that panders to the male gaze. (Feel free to pander to the female gaze instead.)
• Lazy storytelling, deus ex machina, and poorly explained convoluted lore
• Heavy reliance on atmosphere, mood, or aesthetic while the story itself is weak
• School settings, school children, petty school drama (with the exception of good coming-of-age stories where this is necessary. I just don't like stories that would work better with adults, but for no good reason features kids instead.)
• Lolis and high pitched voices

Any sub/stream restrictions?:
No restrictions

Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No):
Yes, but in that case please try to give more than 1 recommendation.

Number of Completed entries on your anime list:

Does your list include everything you've seen?:
Yes.

Link to anime list:
https://myanimelist.net/animelist/whither

Choose one—Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge) or Elf Gift (get gift only, no badge):
Gift Exchange
whitherNov 28, 2022 1:39 AM
Nov 27, 2022 4:35 PM

Jan 2017
Min-Max length: Maximum of 100 episodes
Likes: I like any type of genre but my favourites are school, supernatural, comedy, mystery and romance. Any type of demographics except kids, please.
Dislikes: Not that big of a fan of mohou shoujo and mecha. Also, I´m not interested on popular animes, I would like some old school ones.
Any sub/stream restrictions?: No
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): No
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: At the moment, 284
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes, I´t does
Link to anime list: Here it is
Choose one—Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge) or Elf Gift (get gift only, no badge): Gift exchange
Nov 27, 2022 4:36 PM

Sep 2017
Min-Max length: I don't really mind, anything will do since i haven't watched anime in quite a while!
Likes: Shonen, Action, Adventure, Fatansy, anything with good world building and well written characters!
Dislikes: Romance, Ecchi, Harem, Isekai
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: Quite a bunch! 1849
Does your list include everything you've seen?: I've seen everything that i have on my list!
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Monkeynews
Nov 27, 2022 4:40 PM
Apr 2017
Min-Max length: from 12 to 24 episodes
Dislikes: top 250, mecha, idols, shoujo
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 511
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Bao_Michael
My candies :
Nov 27, 2022 4:48 PM

Jul 2021
Min-Max length: no limit
Dislikes: Other than popular animes, like the top 100.
Any sub/stream restrictions?: none.
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 148
Does your MAL list include everything you've seen?: No. I'm working on it.
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/kilu86
Nov 27, 2022 4:51 PM
Aug 2015
Min-Max length: any length
Dislikes: Hentai.
Any sub/stream restrictions?: No.
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Rather not, but that's ok.
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 565
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes.
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Dida_11
Dida_11Nov 30, 2022 1:19 PM
Nov 27, 2022 4:52 PM
Jun 2021
Min-Max length: Only 12 episodes.
Dislikes: Horror
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 588
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes, basically yes
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Dezakiin
DezakiinNov 27, 2022 4:56 PM
Nov 27, 2022 4:56 PM
Mar 2020
Min-Max length: No preference
Likes: Thriller, psychological, horror, music, seinen, sports, shounen
Dislikes: Mecha
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 221
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/GunnerMCFC
Nov 27, 2022 4:58 PM

Oct 2014
[quote=Kineta message=68004006] Min-Max length: 13-50 Episodes
Dislikes: Sports and no top rated/popular anime please
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 581
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/DarkLeafNinja
It's Morbin' Time!
Nov 27, 2022 5:00 PM

Jan 2021
Min-Max length:any
-mystery
-psychological, especially mind games
-"good" horror, I know this is tough to find, maybe something similar to the ones I rated with 9 and 10
-drama, especially ones with a tragic touch. I like everything with an emotional impact
-But i'm open for everything, if you think I might like it based on something I rated high. You can also recommend something more "wholesome" of course.
Dislikes:
-avant garde
-too much action, some is fine, but it shouldn't be the focus
-episodic anime
-well known anime, at least top 200. Everything above is ok, I guess. It's hard to draw a line
-Anime from the 80s or earlier
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 301
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Bobbelbeat
Nov 27, 2022 5:09 PM

Oct 2012
Min-Max length: No restriction
Dislikes: Mecha, Sports, and excessive gore / fanservice are what I tend to avoid. If they're good I can watch anything though.
Any sub/stream restrictions?: ENG Sub/Dub or JPN works
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list?: Yes
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 1315
Link to anime list: Here
Nov 27, 2022 5:15 PM
May 2019
Min-Max length: Preferably around 24, but open to any length
Dislikes: Echhi/Hentai
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 230
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/profile/pqrro
Nov 27, 2022 5:19 PM
Sep 2022
Min-Max length: Below 30 - 100 Episodes, Movies are allowed.
Dislikes: Ecchi, RPG Isekai
Any sub/stream restrictions?: Nope
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 103
Does your list include everything you've seen?: No
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/profile/AnimeWatcher2006
AnimeWatcher2006Nov 28, 2022 4:30 PM
Nov 27, 2022 5:25 PM
Mar 2021
Min-Max length: Length doesn’t matter to me!
Likes: I like sports, shounen, some romance (very picky), Action, bl, a little bit of everything really. Everything not in dislikes!
Dislikes: Slice of life, school romance, harem, hentai and related genres.
Any sub/stream restrictions?: No restrictions!
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes of course, I have plenty of things on my plan to watch.
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 170
Does your list include everything you've seen?: yes!
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mintt_?status=1
Choose one—Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge) or Elf Gift (get gift only, no badge): Gift exchange!
Nov 27, 2022 5:26 PM
May 2019
Min-Max length: 10 - 50 eps
Dislikes: Please nothing top 50
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Preferrably not
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 220
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/bramblegunt
Nov 27, 2022 5:32 PM
Feb 2020
Min-Max length: I like animes on the shorter side about 24-ish episodes
Likes: Shounen is fine but the stuff i tend to like is seinen stuff with a bit of a deeper story mixed with comedy
Dislikes: Mech and sports anime
Any sub/stream restrictions?: No if it exist i'll find it somehow
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Preffer not to there aren't that many anime on there anyway
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 209
Does your list include everything you've seen?: yes mostly
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/singed1233
Choose one—Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge) or Elf Gift (get gift only, no badge): [/quote]Gift Exchange
Nov 27, 2022 5:36 PM
Mar 2021
Min-Max length: Max 24 episodes
Likes: I mainly like Slice of Life/Romance anime that have happy/satisfying endings. If the anime has some sad moments that's fine with me, as long as it has a happy ending and isn't sad or depressing the whole time. I also like Shounen/Action, Shoujo, Mystery, Supernatural, Avant Garde, Drama, Suspense, and Sci-Fi.
Dislikes: Anime that talk about or are about depressing topics or have sad/unsatisfying endings.
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 162
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Suppleclub
Nov 27, 2022 5:36 PM

Jul 2015
Min-Max length: 12-50
Dislikes: N/A
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: ~680
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/CavanDuck
Nov 27, 2022 5:41 PM
Jun 2020
Min-Max length: 12 episodes minimum, but there's no max for me. Movies are okay too, so long as they aren't shorter than a hour!
Likes: Seinen, mecha, action, comedy, sci-fi, suspense, thriller, horror, romance are my favorites. But basically any genre goes. I especially love anime with older brother characters (think Kamina from Gurren Lagann, Ace from One Piece, An-chan from Rainbow), and/or strong female protagonists (Vivy from Vivy: FES, Yona from Akatsuki no Yona).
Dislikes: Any popular anime, because though I probably haven't seen it, I would like a more unique suggestion! I do not prefer it but I will still watch idols, sports, historical, anime widely considered sad, time travel, and magical girl/boy if the plot is good. I flat out dislike anything with lolis, harems, isekai, tsunderes/yanderes, sexualization of minors, and overly perverted main characters.
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 72
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Everything except some popular yaoi anime I've seen but refuse to acknowledge watching.
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/akirangels
Nov 27, 2022 5:42 PM
Nov 2020
Min-Max length: I rather don't wanna watch to long anime so anything under 100epps is good. It doesnt matter if its a short or an longer one in this term
Likes: I like the most anime styles but now im looking for something that is something with action and a comedic touch. Like One Punch man
Dislikes: I m not searching for slice of life or romantic anime thats not the vibe im feeling lately.
Any sub/stream restrictions?: Ill find a way to watch any anime
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): it can be but i have rather an other recommendation if you can find one at least ;)
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 88
Does your list include everything you've seen?: I think everything is on my list
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mattijs_D_anime
[b]Choose one—Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge)
Nov 27, 2022 5:55 PM
Dec 2015
Min-Max length: No preference
Dislikes: CGIs, ecchi
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 151
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/kawaiikrl
Nov 27, 2022 6:02 PM

Sep 2017
Min-Max length: idc
Dislikes: CGI, Lolis, watching anime which are currently airing, old stuff
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): don't really care
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 362
Does your list include everything you've seen?: almost
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/shireae
shi-8Nov 27, 2022 6:18 PM
Nov 27, 2022 6:05 PM
Discord Moderator
Zero Two simp

Oct 2019
Min-Max length: Any (excluding long-runners like Crayon Shin-chan), shorts are welcome as well
Dislikes: Erotica, Hentai
Any sub/stream restrictions?: N/A
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 481
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/beeped5

Nov 27, 2022 6:09 PM
Aug 2015
Min-Max length: Under 100 episodes is alright
Likes: Sci-fi, RomCom, Absurd Comedy, Supernatural, Action
Dislikes: Excessive Gore, Shock Horror,
Any sub/stream restrictions?: Sub: English, Portuguese, Spanish
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 154
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mandorik
Nov 27, 2022 6:14 PM
Aug 2018
Min-Max length: Any length is fine! But maybe not like 100s of episodes ya know?
Likes: just about anything really! Especially slice of life and comedy stuff (a nice art style is also a nice plus)
Dislikes: not too into the mecha and horror scene
Any sub/stream restrictions?: nope!
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): I'd like it to be a new rec
[b]Choose one—Gift Exchange Gift exchange ♥️
Nov 27, 2022 6:16 PM
Mar 2011
Min-Max length: Episodes with 22 minutes minimum, at least 12 of them (a regular season of a series). The more, the merrier, though!
Likes: Romance, doesn't matter if the one being wooed is a man or a woman and the one doing the romancing is straight or not. Ecchi and Harem are pretty good, too, but I challenge you to find one I haven't watched already. Comedy, Fantasy, Drama, Mystery, Sci-Fi, Horror, Thriller, Psychological, even a nice Iyashikei is nice (don't remember when was the last time I watched one of those). These are the genres I like the most, but don't feel limited to just them.
Dislikes: Yaoi, Sports. Nothing from the top 50, please. If it's an adaptation from a VN released in English, chances are, I've already read it, so you should skip those, too.
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 1,296
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/AntsyPuppet
Nov 27, 2022 6:19 PM

Oct 2019
Min-Max length: If possible not more than 60-70! I can watch long ones if I really get into them but I have a terrible attention span, it's taken me four goes to watch AOT and I'm still not done
Likes: Been wanting to find more good horror/thriller anime but if you see my list and think I'd like something I'm pretty much open to anything!
Dislikes: Generally Shojo, Mecha, but like I said above if you think I'd like something I'm open to anything
Any sub/stream restrictions?: Nope, I can find pretty much anything
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Would be better if not but Yes, it would be fine!
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 149
Does your list include everything you've seen?: As far as I know, when I started on the site I was entering off memory but it should have everything. I hadn't watched that many at that point.
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/meerkatmarvit
Choose one—Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge) or Elf Gift (get gift only, no badge): Gift Exchange :)
Nov 27, 2022 6:20 PM

Mar 2021
Min-Max length:1-14 (it's a pain to watch more than 14 episodes
Likes: Mystery, Sci-Fi, Drama, Action, Supernatural, Psychological, Suspense, Horror, Mecha
Dislikes:Yaoi, BL, harem, erotica, slice of life , isekai, school romantic comedy, Code Geass series because I dislike the main voice actors, anime where Maaya Sakamoto is a main or important character,. Anime where Natsuko Takahashi is in charge of scripts, etc
Any sub/stream restrictions?:none
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No):No
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 527 (there are about 150 on-hold and drop-outs, please recommend otherwise.)
Does your list include everything you've seen?: I think I've probably included everything on my list that I can think of. If you've already read something on the manga list, please remove it from your recommendations, as I wouldn't bother watching it in anime.
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/kihel
Choose one—Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge) or Elf Gift (get gift only, no badge): Elf Gift

Nov 27, 2022 6:31 PM
Aug 2020
Min-Max length: 10-50
Dislikes: ecchi
Any sub/stream restrictions?: no dubs
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 351
Does your list include everything you've seen?: yes maybe
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Akagami_zzz
Nov 27, 2022 6:37 PM

Apr 2021
Min-Max length: Normal size anime (12-13. but i am fine if its a bit longer)
Dislikes: Romance
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 161
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/IDK_Trout
Nov 27, 2022 6:39 PM

Nov 2022
❅ Min-Max length: anything less than 100
❅ Likes: anything would be fine
❅ Dislikes: Ecchi/Harem besides that everything else is pretty good
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions?: only that it has at least English subtitles or dub
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): No
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 83
❅ Does your MAL list include everything you've seen?: yes
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Scave1
❅ Choose one—Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge) or Elf Gift (get gift only, no badge): Gift exchange
Scave1Nov 28, 2022 7:31 PM
Nov 27, 2022 6:51 PM

Sep 2020
Min-Max length: Any length is fine
Likes: Action, mystery, comedy, supernatural. Pretty much open to anything as long as it's not on my dislikes
Dislikes: Romance, ecchi, harem, isekai, mecha, idols, anime with all-female cast.
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes, but preferably not
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 172
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Almost
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Raiquiaz
RaiquiazNov 27, 2022 8:16 PM
Nov 27, 2022 6:51 PM
Feb 2021
Min-Max length: 12-24 episodes.
Likes: Action, gore, psychological, medieval, badass characters overall.
Dislikes: Slice of life shows.
Any sub/stream restrictions?: No.
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 30
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Shikatedo1
Choose one—Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge) or Elf Gift (get gift only, no badge): Gift Exchange.
Shikatedo1Nov 27, 2022 6:57 PM
Nov 27, 2022 6:53 PM
Jun 2015
Min-Max length: Any length is fine
Likes: Romance, Slice of life, Drama and Psychological would be my most preffered. Other than that I like to see a duo or a team cooperating, working towards something etc.
Dislikes: A big part of the shows I watched are set in highscool. It's not a complete no-no, but a change in scenery would be nice.
Any sub/stream restrictions?: Not an important factor, but if it has an English dub it would be perfect.
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list?: Yes
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 205
Link to anime list: My list
Choose one—Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge)
Nov 27, 2022 6:59 PM
Jan 2017
Min-Max length: anything up to 50 episodes
Likes: My favorite genres are drama and adventure. I love shows that combine drama and romance a lot. I also quite enjoy shows that are sad, have a unique style or are very atmospheric. I also like action but a show does not need to have it and if it does it has to offer more than just good action (also preferably it has to be quite violent or really well choreographed if it focuses on action). I would prefer something you would consider underrated or a hidden gem, but it can also be more well-known (just not something extremely popular like Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist and so on)
Dislikes: shonen, sports, isekai, mecha, ecchi (I can tolerate it, but it should not be the focus/too prevalent), harem, love triangles; please don't recommend a show mainly focused on comedy; also please nothing from last year or newer.
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 289
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Jug_or_not
Nov 27, 2022 7:05 PM

Apr 2020
Min-Max length: Less than 50
Dislikes: Drama
Any sub/stream restrictions?: English or Portuguese
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 520
Does your list include everything you've seen?: I won't add most Hentai entries I've seen. Other than that, Yes
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/koogfootbooz
koogfootboozNov 27, 2022 7:19 PM
Nov 27, 2022 7:08 PM

Apr 2021
Min-Max length: At least one season/cour
Likes: Isekai, Slice of Life, Comedy, Drama, Romance, Mystery, Scifi (Feel free to recommend something outside of those genres too! Preferably something that can surprise... even better if there are plot twists hahahahah)
Dislikes: None
Any sub/stream restrictions?: At least if possible, have English subtitles
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 140
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/hschulz

My candies:

Nov 27, 2022 7:25 PM
Jan 2018
Min-Max length: 1-2 cours
Likes: Drama, Sports, Psychological. I usually just tend to like things that have a lot of character developmental moments and emotional moments too. Really looking for stuff thats 2005 and before. Also interested more into stuff that is more obscure/less popular as well. If possible could i get multiple options to choose from as well.
Dislikes: CGDCT, basically just anything thats primarily female cast I dont want. Also dont really want any anime in the top 1000 most popular.
Any sub/stream restrictions?: English subbed.
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 1,175
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/profile/BodiezofPile
BodiezofPileNov 27, 2022 7:35 PM
Nov 27, 2022 7:30 PM
Sep 2018
Min-Max length: 24 or less
Likes: Romcom, mystery, adventure, historic (like vinland saga or osuama ranking) Anime I really enjoy are dorohedero, anohana, death parade- things like that :)
Dislikes: Bl, singing, loli
Any sub/stream restrictions?: English sub
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes or my on hold
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 113
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/profile/swafty

swaftyNov 28, 2022 6:02 PM
Nov 27, 2022 7:31 PM

Apr 2015
Min-Max length: Definitely <100, preferably <50
Likes: Thematic anime, strong characters (Genres: Drama, Romance, CGDCT, Isekai)
Dislikes: Ecchi, Yuri/Yaoi
Any sub/stream restrictions?: English dub if possible, but not 100% required
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): n/a (PTW only has unaired sequels)
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 2,535
Does your list include everything you've seen?: No, does not yet include Gurren Lagann or Haibane Renmei. Please do not recommend either of these.
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/jr637
Gift Exchange
jr637Dec 13, 2022 6:47 PM

Explaining my scoring system would take more than 650 characters.
Nov 27, 2022 7:32 PM

Oct 2021
Min-Max length: Ideally less than 50 episodes, but i don't mind watch something longer.
Likes: Drama, Suspense, Fantasy, Comedy and animes that have a deep narrative.
Dislikes: Furry, BL and series that have much cringe moments.
Any sub/stream restrictions?: Nah, I will try find a way to see anything.
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): I'm trying to discover new animes, so... No.
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: At the time I wrote this, I have 193 animes completed.
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yep, all the animes I have seen are on my list.
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/electryman?status=7
Choose one—Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge) or Elf Gift (get gift only, no badge): Gift Exchange.

Sorry for my bad english, i had to use google translator :c
Nov 27, 2022 7:43 PM

Apr 2021
Min-Max length: Minimum 10 episodes but no upper limit, I don't mind watching big stuff if it's worth it.
Likes: I like Sports (mainly focusing on character and team development like Diamond no Ace and Haikyuu and not the ones that are good without any training), Slife of Life, Supernatural/Fantasy (preferably one with youkai and slife of life mixed in as Natsume Yuujinchou), Childcare, Iyashikei, and Gourmet. If possible, I'd love to see one with good female representation (i.e. that the woman isn't there just living for the romance or is fragile, silly and innocent in a cartoonish way and talks in that irritating childlike way).
Dislikes: Tragedy, Bad ending, Echi, Harem, Reverse harem, Love triangles, Isekai, Rape, Non-consensual touching, Pedophile characters, Sexualization of women or children, Adult characters looking like children, Gore, Horror, Tsundere.
Any sub/stream restrictions?: It would be great if it was in Portuguese (ptbr), but I accept it in English too.
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes, but only if the person cannot find anyone else outside my list.
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 212
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes.
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/BiologicalStorm
BiologicalStormNov 27, 2022 8:11 PM
Nov 27, 2022 7:48 PM
Apr 2018
Min-Max length: No longer than 35 episodes please
Dislikes: Nothing mainstream..
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 163
Link to anime list: Link
Nov 27, 2022 8:00 PM
Aug 2021
Min-Max length: I would prefer 12 to 30-ish episodes, but not opposed to more.
Likes: My main likes are Romance, GL, Shojou, Josei, Fantasy and Villainess.
Dislikes: Pure battle or gag anime. Stories lacking in good narrative. Mecha
Any sub/stream restrictions?: Nope
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 155
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yup
Link to anime list: Click Here
Not-FunnyNov 27, 2022 8:09 PM
Nov 27, 2022 8:01 PM

Mar 2021
Min-Max length: Less than 100 episodes
Likes: Psychological, Mystery, Suspense, Drama, Romance, Horror
Dislikes: None
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 194
Does your list include everything you've seen?: 99% Yes
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Squiyn
Choose one—Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge) or Elf Gift (get gift only, no badge): Gift exchange
Nov 27, 2022 8:02 PM

Feb 2019
Min-Max length: Anything under like 150 episodes
Likes: Psychological, thriller, comedy, romance, but also pretty much anything that isn't in my dislikes lol
Dislikes: Mecha (Willing to try if it's really good tho)
Any sub/stream restrictions?: nope
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 113
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes, aside from pokemon and beyblade and childhood shows like those
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/bayconpancakes
Choose one—Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge) or Elf Gift (get gift only, no badge): Gift Exhange
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (58) « First ... « 33 34 [35] 36 37 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Voting

Nate - Apr 22

17 by effy_ »»
6 hours ago

» | OPEN | Best Profile Design (April 2024) VOTING

KarenShirotori - Apr 21

20 by BUTHO »»
Yesterday, 2:49 PM

» [CLOSED] Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Nominations

Nate - Apr 1

9 by Nate »»
Apr 22, 6:14 AM

» | CLOSED | Best Profile Design (April 2024) NOMINATIONS

KarenShirotori - Apr 1

8 by KarenShirotori »»
Apr 21, 4:05 AM

» Best Profile Design (January 2024) WINNER

KarenShirotori - Feb 4

7 by batslimeman »»
Apr 17, 8:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.