Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 6, 2022 6:31 AM
Jul 2021
Just me or ?
This show was really boring for me even though i forced myself and finished it but i cant rate it lower becus ending was kinda good.but still this show is kinda boring + not really good (imo) idk why people think this is peak maybe i m just wrong but IMO
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 6, 2022 6:38 AM
Mar 2021
overall 7/10 for me...not happy with the ending...I was hoping for a good ending...same experience with the akudama drive ending..🙂
Nov 6, 2022 6:40 AM
Feb 2022
nah u just wrong. .
Nov 6, 2022 6:42 AM
Jul 2021
rogueist said:
nah u just wrong. .

i guess ( character limit)
Nov 6, 2022 6:42 AM
Jul 2021
_Flexor_ said:
overall 7/10 for me...not happy with the ending...I was hoping for a good ending...same experience with the akudama drive ending..🙂

common w (limit...........)
Nov 6, 2022 6:45 AM
Feb 2021
I liked it but I don’t know why everyone calls it a masterpiece
Nov 6, 2022 6:45 AM
May 2021
_Flexor_ said:

I thought the same, what they did to the characters in akudama drive
Nov 6, 2022 6:47 AM
May 2019
the show was good untill the midpoint and then everything just felt rushed.
Nov 6, 2022 6:48 AM

Aug 2018
it was kinda boring for me too, but still watchable
Nov 6, 2022 6:51 AM
Feb 2022
pheonix2244 said:
Just me or ?
This show was really boring for me even though i forced myself and finished it but i cant rate it lower becus ending was kinda good.but still this show is kinda boring + not really good (imo) idk why people think this is peak maybe i m just wrong but IMO

If you watched all of One piece and bleach but thought this 10 episode adaptation was boring then idk where to start tbh. Just not for you I guess and that’s ok. Most people just really like the setting/world from the game and it was depicted very well in the anime imo
Nov 6, 2022 6:52 AM
Jul 2021
FallenChomp said:

thats what i am saying too but i didnt really like it i was just forcing myself
Nov 6, 2022 6:53 AM
Jul 2021
Krtosa said:
the show was good untill the midpoint and then everything just felt rushed.

trueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Nov 6, 2022 6:53 AM
Jul 2021
NotToffee said:
it was kinda boring for me too, but still watchable

unwatchable for me never going to have nostalgia about this 😆
Nov 6, 2022 6:55 AM
Jul 2021
Atanpenguin said:
pheonix2244 said:
Just me or ?

If you watched all of One piece and bleach but thought this 10 episode adaptation was boring then idk where to start tbh. Just not for you I guess and that’s ok. Most people just really like the setting/world from the game and it was depicted very well in the anime imo

the numbers dont matter . one peak and bleach were always good (bleach was kinda boring) but still peak .
the problem is cyberpunk just didnt make me want to watch next episode so i would just force myself for finishing it .if it was good i would have watched no matter how many eps
Nov 6, 2022 6:59 AM
Feb 2022
It was an ok show imo....
Nov 6, 2022 7:00 AM
Jul 2021
El_Professor07 said:
It was an ok show imo....

w opinion (limittttt...)
Nov 6, 2022 7:04 AM
Feb 2022
pheonix2244 said:
Atanpenguin said:

the numbers dont matter . one peak and bleach were always good (bleach was kinda boring) but still peak .
the problem is cyberpunk just didnt make me want to watch next episode so i would just force myself for finishing it .if it was good i would have watched no matter how many eps

My point being that the amount of downtime and boring moments is significantly higher in one piece and bleach. There’s likely enough still frames and character reactions in one piece to make 10 cyberpunks. Sounds like you just weren’t able to get invested in the world which is fine. I’ll assume you haven’t played the game, which isn’t necessary to enjoy the show but I feel like it enhanced my experience. On a different note tho One piece manga is decent cause you can read at your own pace. One piece anime is unwatchable because of how horribly paced it is.
Nov 6, 2022 7:06 AM
May 2022
I liked it quite a bit. I'm a fan of the cyberpunk genre, and I've played the game previously. I rated it pretty high mainly cause of the amount of stuff I recognized from the game in the show. I think the world of Night city is pretty sick ig. Can you elaborate what made it boring for you?
Nov 6, 2022 7:07 AM
Mar 2020
well everyone has their own taste
Nov 6, 2022 7:08 AM
Jul 2021
Atanpenguin said:
pheonix2244 said:

My point being that the amount of downtime and boring moments is significantly higher in one piece and bleach. There’s likely enough still frames and character reactions in one piece to make 10 cyberpunks. Sounds like you just weren’t able to get invested in the world which is fine. I’ll assume you haven’t played the game, which isn’t necessary to enjoy the show but I feel like it enhanced my experience. On a different note tho One piece manga is decent cause you can read at your own pace. One piece anime is unwatchable because of how horribly paced it is.

lmao cant afford the game 💀

didnt feel much bored in one piece and bleach then cyberpunk

i never realized the pacing until i caught up to one piece 💀surely it was boring for how long it is but still it is peak
Nov 6, 2022 7:09 AM
Jul 2021
Readthisugay said:
I liked it quite a bit. I'm a fan of the cyberpunk genre, and I've played the game previously. I rated it pretty high mainly cause of the amount of stuff I recognized from the game in the show. I think the world of Night city is pretty sick ig. Can you elaborate what made it boring for you?

was kinda complicated at some point
it was boring to just go throught the episode . Not a single ep caught me interested . i didnt even want to get to the next ep thats pre much all
and i havent played the game soo
Nov 6, 2022 7:09 AM
Jul 2021
FADthe9yearold said:
well everyone has their own taste

W 9 year old comment 😆
Nov 6, 2022 7:12 AM
Sep 2022
Thought I was the only one that noticed actually....forced myself to finish it...couldn't even binge watch it, had to break it down into days....most times I even get lost on what some scenes looked like I mean the graphics was nice...but sometimes,it leaves you wondering if you are seeing the right image.. was a 7/10 for me...and please it's not a masterpiece....there are way other better series that deserve the hype.
Nov 6, 2022 7:18 AM
Jul 2021
Aeionie said:
Thought I was the only one that noticed actually....forced myself to finish it...couldn't even binge watch it, had to break it down into days....most times I even get lost on what some scenes looked like I mean the graphics was nice...but sometimes,it leaves you wondering if you are seeing the right image.. was a 7/10 for me...and please it's not a masterpiece....there are way other better series that deserve the hype.

bro is literally me 🤝finally i found someone who actually thinks this way . lmao i thought i was just dumb
Nov 6, 2022 7:23 AM
Feb 2022
pheonix2244 said:
Atanpenguin said:

i never realized the pacing until i caught up to one piece 💀surely it was boring for how long it is but still it is peak

I agree with your argument for manga but I really can’t get behind the anime. 2nd anime I ever watched, and once I watched more, like you, I realized the pacing is a detriment to the show. Like I said earlier my biggest gripe is that they will spend like 5 mins showing every characters reaction to something (that usually isn’t that important) in a still frame. Guess they gotta do stuff like that to keep that pace at 1/2 a chapter an episode. Negativity aside one piece has a lot going for it (world, characters that aren’t the main crew) and to each their own. There’s plenty of people who agree with you on the one piece anime
Nov 6, 2022 7:24 AM
Jul 2021
Atanpenguin said:
pheonix2244 said:

I agree with your argument for manga but I really can’t get behind the anime. 2nd anime I ever watched, and once I watched more, like you, I realized the pacing is a detriment to the show. Like I said earlier my biggest gripe is that they will spend like 5 mins showing every characters reaction to something (that usually isn’t that important) in a still frame. Guess they gotta do stuff like that to keep that pace at 1/2 a chapter an episode. Negativity aside one piece has a lot going for it (world, characters that aren’t the main crew) and to each their own. There’s plenty of people who agree with you on the one piece anime

everything you said is true but one piece is still one of the goated anime ever
Nov 6, 2022 7:27 AM
Jul 2022
pheonix2244 said:
Just me or ?

It was alright 8/10 for me but i respect your opinion :)
Nov 6, 2022 7:30 AM
Feb 2022
pheonix2244 said:
Atanpenguin said:

everything you said is true but one piece is still one of the goated anime ever

Fair enough, glad you’re a true fan that can acknowledge flaws and have discussion.
Nov 6, 2022 7:39 AM
Jul 2022
pheonix2244 said:
Just me or ?

Yea, just you and your inherent need to be different and cooler than the rest.
Nov 6, 2022 7:46 AM
Oct 2020
_Flexor_ said:

couldn't they get the mustache guy die and rebecca lives? so sad for rebecca
Nov 6, 2022 7:48 AM
Oct 2020
pheonix2244 said:
Atanpenguin said:

is that a typo or are you really calling one piece, one peak?
very cringe if that's the case
Nov 6, 2022 7:59 AM
Apr 2021
_Flexor_ said:

you ruined akudama drive for me.

My Anime List: Link

All friend requests are accepted. Come say hi. We can be friends.

Nov 6, 2022 8:00 AM
Apr 2021
FallenChomp said:

listen to its song 10 times a day. It will give you depression.

Nov 6, 2022 8:02 AM
Feb 2018
It was definitely a mid anime. Overall 6/10. Gave me Akame ga Kill vibes.
Nov 6, 2022 8:03 AM
Apr 2021
Atanpenguin said:
pheonix2244 said:

i agree with it.
(limit)

Nov 6, 2022 8:05 AM
Feb 2021
RapidCream said:
FallenChomp said:

Not really. I Really Want To Stay At Your House is a good song and the ending was sad but by far from giving depression.
Nov 6, 2022 8:06 AM
Apr 2021
FallenChomp said:
RapidCream said:

Not really. I Really Want To Stay At Your House is a good song and the ending was sad but by far from giving depression.

Well, it gave me depression😁

Nov 6, 2022 8:07 AM
Apr 2021
nexustom said:
_Flexor_ said:

couldn't they get the mustache guy die and rebecca lives? so sad for rebecca

It was very sad. Rebecca is a very good character😭

Nov 6, 2022 8:39 AM

Dec 2021
Yes. It was boring and I don't like the ending. tbh I don't understand what even the point of the whole story was. But I like the art style.
Nov 6, 2022 9:00 AM
Feb 2021
pheonix2244 said:
Just me or ?

to be honest yes boring no plot no drama just some gore stuff ..but art style and music is top and i continued to watch it for Rebecca...
Nov 6, 2022 9:22 AM
Sep 2019
_Flexor_ said:

there are no happy endings in night city
Nov 6, 2022 9:29 AM

Jan 2021
Definitely don’t think it was boring, lots of shit going on through the story. I was just disappointed in that the show was so short.
Nov 6, 2022 9:34 AM
Mar 2014
pheonix2244 said:
Just me or ?

I'd say the biggest issue it had was pacing. I could tell during David's training arc that it was heavily compressed; given a full 13-episode duration, they could have devoted much more time to each individual character and added a lot more depth and more dimensions to each character before heading into the final showdown.

Whenever you see a montage, you know the budget wasn't there to give a particular story beat the attention it requires.

And I'll grant you, it gets much higher praise than it actually warrants. The visuals are gorgeous, the story is good, the character designs are unique and distinct, and overall, it's a very solid anime. But the animation frequently has a low frame count due to sacrificing flow and movement for detail and aesthetic to the point where you can clearly tell Exactly where all the time and energy went during production—entirely understandable, but still a shortcoming at the end of the day.

It wouldn't be accurate to call it boring with all the explosions and drama, but you'd be within your rights to call it flawed and somewhat overhyped. It's good, but not anime of the year, and Trigger's best work is still TTGL.
Nov 6, 2022 9:47 AM

Jul 2016
Honestly, it was being very entertaining until the time-skip. Everything went downhill after that.
Also the last episode was a rushed mess.
Nov 6, 2022 9:48 AM
Sep 2022
It was pretty boring imo too. I mean I like the graphics but the story wasn’t the best and I feel like I’ve seen the same gist of the show in other shows already
Nov 6, 2022 10:03 AM
Degenerate Queen

Jan 2022
I couldn't get over the number of still frames, emoty backgrounds, bad lighting, zero ambiance, nonexistent world-building that requires you to know the game, and terrible action scenes due to having no budget to animate the characters.
Nov 6, 2022 11:14 AM
Apr 2022
For me it was quite interesting and different
Nov 6, 2022 11:49 AM
Oct 2020
animation and story this show was a breath of fresh air it's not universally good though it's more of a if you like it you live it if you don't like it it's ok but trigger outdid themselves with this one ngl
Nov 6, 2022 12:08 PM
Jan 2021
I think its just you bruh
Nov 6, 2022 1:26 PM
Mar 2021
Stick to shonan then
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Why isn’t the cyberpsycho guy listed as a character on MAL?

SwagsOnB - May 6

12 by deg »»
May 7, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Sep 13, 2022

1009 by firstkindgamer »»
Apr 30, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Sep 13, 2022

97 by Wiziliz »»
Apr 25, 6:12 AM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Fishb0i - Sep 13, 2022

168 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 24, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Pre_Yum - Sep 13, 2022

200 by Wiziliz »»
Apr 20, 1:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.