Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 31, 2022 9:48 AM

Sep 2021
Hello everyone, I would like to share you a theory I just imagined about Eren.

First of all, I'd like to add that I do NOT think that this is actually what the author tried to represent. I really want to precise that I DON'T THINK Hajime Isayama did want to represent Eren as the Anti-Christ, BUT, there is a lot of things that do not appear as coincidences to me.

I'd also like to say that I am myself catholic, so my opinion might seem biased, but, this theory is in fact theologic by nature so please do not get offended if it doesn't fit your religious believes.

START OF THE THEORY:
First of all, Eldia is very similar to Israel. A unique people that has been hated and humiliated for centuries, that were hated so much that they were sent in their own country, to be left there with no interactions with the outside world.

These people share one thing: their ancestry, something the jews are very proud of, and of course, in real life, jews are not connected, and are not a different race, but eldians in shingeki no kyojin are their own kind of people and are all connected by the same God and blood.

Now, about the outside world, Mahr represents to me obviously the nazis. They want to eliminate eldians as quick as possible, they wear a red bandana on the arm, they are an authoritarian power that humiliates and discriminate eldians and they even force them to wear a yellow bandana with a star on it (similar to the star of David), and they have their own party's youth dedicated to eliminate the eldians.

So why would Eren be the Anti-Christ?

In the christian Bible, the Anti-Christ is represented as a false savior, someone that will lead people, and especially jews who rejected who we think is the true messiah, Jesus-Christ, and are starving for a new messiah, they would accept anyone, we can see that Eren is presented as a savior of his people, of the Eldian people, he also has long hair similar to Jesus.
But most importantly, he has hatred. He is terribly hateful and he wants to destroy the whole world. "I'll kill them all", what he has always repeated turns out to have a very different sense, in some way, those that praise him and wish for eldian supremacy could be compared to orthodox jews who wish for the kingdom of Israel to dominate the world and gentiles to be inferior and treated as strangers, or even slaves.

So that is why I see in Eren a reference to what could be the anti-christ, a false hope of a savior which is in fact, the worst threat humanity has ever known.

Of course, we know (or at least where I am at in the series) that Eren does not care about the eldian people and the eldian supremacy, but only of his friends, and if he wants eldian supremacy and the extincition of other races, it is only for the purpose of giving his beloved friends a future without war and conflict, so that they can be happy and live their lives fully, but I hope you did like my thread and if you have thought about it or enjoyed it, tell me :))
Oct 31, 2022 10:00 AM
Aug 2021
read it all.
it's a very interesting theory you got there mate.
Oct 31, 2022 10:04 AM

Jan 2009
Isyama repeatedly calls Eren the Devil of Earth anyway and the Eldians as Devils
Oct 31, 2022 10:05 AM
Feb 2021
FloRathalos said:

First of all, I'd like to add that I do NOT think that this is actually what the author tried to represent. I really want to precise that I DON'T THINK Hajime Isayama did want to represent Eren as the Anti-Christ, BUT, there is a lot of things that do not appear as coincidences to me.

I'd also like to say that I am myself catholic, so my opinion might seem biased, but, this theory is in fact theologic by nature so please do not get offended if it doesn't fit your religious believes.

START OF THE THEORY:
First of all, Eldia is very similar to Israel. A unique people that has been hated and humiliated for centuries, that were hated so much that they were sent in their own country, to be left there with no interactions with the outside world.

These people share one thing: their ancestry, something the jews are very proud of, and of course, in real life, jews are not connected, and are not a different race, but eldians in shingeki no kyojin are their own kind of people and are all connected by the same God and blood.

Now, about the outside world, Mahr represents to me obviously the nazis. They want to eliminate eldians as quick as possible, they wear a red bandana on the arm, they are an authoritarian power that humiliates and discriminate eldians and they even force them to wear a yellow bandana with a star on it (similar to the star of David), and they have their own party's youth dedicated to eliminate the eldians.

In the christian Bible, the Anti-Christ is represented as a false savior, someone that will lead people, and especially jews who rejected who we think is the true messiah, Jesus-Christ, and are starving for a new messiah, they would accept anyone, we can see that Eren is presented as a savior of his people, of the Eldian people, he also has long hair similar to Jesus.
But most importantly, he has hatred. He is terribly hateful and he wants to destroy the whole world. "I'll kill them all", what he has always repeated turns out to have a very different sense, in some way, those that praise him and wish for eldian supremacy could be compared to orthodox jews who wish for the kingdom of Israel to dominate the world and gentiles to be inferior and treated as strangers, or even slaves.

So that is why I see in Eren a reference to what could be the anti-christ, a false hope of a savior which is in fact, the worst threat humanity has ever known.

Of course, we know (or at least where I am at in the series) that Eren does not care about the eldian people and the eldian supremacy, but only of his friends, and if he wants eldian supremacy and the extincition of other races, it is only for the purpose of giving his beloved friends a future without war and conflict, so that they can be happy and live their lives fully, but I hope you did like my thread and if you have thought about it or enjoyed it, tell me :))

leave anime and fiction aside for a minute. I really hope you didn't mean it that way, but wth do u mean by wish to dominate the world? you actually think that's the intention? it's how it is in aot and no further. it's just insult to my religion tbh if you actually think that way. I'm sincerely hope I got you wrong tho
Nir#9404 on discord feel free to DM me
Oct 31, 2022 10:09 AM

Sep 2021
[/quote]
leave anime and fiction aside for a minute. I really hope you didn't mean it that way, but wth do u mean by wish to dominate the world? you actually think that's the intention? it's how it is in aot and no further. it's just insult to my race tbh if you actually think that way. I'm sincerely hope I got you wrong tho[/quote]

There are a lot of jews who still think like that todays, that does not include all jews but only "orthodox jews", they follow the deuteronomy laws, they sacrifice animals for the redemption of sins, they wish blasphemers to be stoned, and gentiles to be treated differently or even as slaves, and they want Israel to be the top nation dominating the world, that is of course terrible extremists but no one said every jew was practicing it this way?
FloRathalosOct 31, 2022 10:14 AM
Oct 31, 2022 10:09 AM

Sep 2021
deg said:
Isyama repeatedly calls Eren the Devil of Earth anyway and the Eldians as Devils
Hmm I see so maybe my theory makes sense!
Oct 31, 2022 10:15 AM
Feb 2021

leave anime and fiction aside for a minute. I really hope you didn't mean it that way, but wth do u mean by wish to dominate the world? you actually think that's the intention? it's how it is in aot and no further. it's just insult to my race tbh if you actually think that way. I'm sincerely hope I got you wrong tho[/quote]

There are a lot of jews who still think like that todays, that does not include all jews but only "orthodox jews", they follow the deuteronomy laws, they sacrifice animals for the redemption of sins, they wish blasphemers to be stoned, and gentiles to be treated differently or even as slaves, and they want Israel to be the top nation dominating the world, that is of course terrible extremists but no one said every jew was practicing it this way?[/quote] good. it's just looks like you talked about everyone sorry for getting it wrong, of course there are crazy people that give a bad name in every community
-Nir-Oct 31, 2022 10:19 AM
Oct 31, 2022 10:19 AM

Sep 2021
-Nir- said:

leave anime and fiction aside for a minute. I really hope you didn't mean it that way, but wth do u mean by wish to dominate the world? you actually think that's the intention? it's how it is in aot and no further. it's just insult to my race tbh if you actually think that way. I'm sincerely hope I got you wrong tho

There are a lot of jews who still think like that todays, that does not include all jews but only "orthodox jews", they follow the deuteronomy laws, they sacrifice animals for the redemption of sins, they wish blasphemers to be stoned, and gentiles to be treated differently or even as slaves, and they want Israel to be the top nation dominating the world, that is of course terrible extremists but no one said every jew was practicing it this way?[/quote] good. it's just looks like you talked about everyone and I don't like it, of course there are crazy people that give a bad name in every community[/quote]

I mean, as a catholic, I don't think they're "crazy", I think this is what was the law given to Israel 2000 BC, but in our religion, christianity, this is explained by the fact that the law was not perfect, it was meant to show us that we can't save our soul by our actions because it is too difficult, in Judaism, even insulting your parents can cause you to be sent to death, this was meant to show us how horrible insulting our parents is, but in Christianity, Jesus saved us from the law, and we do not need to follow these laws that only God himself could perfectly follow anymore, we have kept the moral law but not the ceremonial law, so we cannot insult our parents but we do not deserve death for it
Oct 31, 2022 10:22 AM
Feb 2021
[/quote]
I understand what do u mean but personally since things here are really different today they can't be a good example for the rest of the world in my eyes
Oct 31, 2022 10:22 AM
Jul 2021
Here's some interesting stuff I just wanted to share after reading your theory :-

Isayama was on demon time while creating Eren's character along with all the mind blowing foreshadowing.
Oct 31, 2022 10:25 AM

Sep 2021
dark_knight107 said:
Here's some interesting stuff I just wanted to share after reading your theory :-

Wow, incredible, these screens are mind blowing
Oct 31, 2022 10:26 AM
Jul 2021
FloRathalos said:
dark_knight107 said:

Fr man.
The parallels and the foreshadowing just leave me speechless everytime.
Oct 31, 2022 11:02 AM
Feb 2022
FloRathalos said:
dark_knight107 said:

who is the monster and the girl in the last pic?
is that eve in the garden of eden?
Oct 31, 2022 11:33 AM
Apr 2021
FloRathalos said:

START OF THE THEORY:

I would like to see your theory on why your father left

Edit : but you could be right
Tokyo ghoul is a great manga with a trash anime adaptation

Oct 31, 2022 11:45 AM

Sep 2021
Vivek_DxD said:
FloRathalos said:

who is the monster and the girl in the last pic?
is that eve in the garden of eden?

It's the original titan and the original owner I think
Oct 31, 2022 11:54 AM
Sep 2022
Wow, this theory makes a lot of sense. I feel like in the back of my head while watching Season 4, I knew there was some kind of potential Christian parallel, but this theory feels like it hit the nail on the head. Thanks for this!
Oct 31, 2022 11:56 AM

Sep 2021
RylanStix said:
Wow, this theory makes a lot of sense. I feel like in the back of my head while watching Season 4, I knew there was some kind of potential Christian parallel, but this theory feels like it hit the nail on the head. Thanks for this!

I think before the religious parallel the most obvious one is the nazi-jewish conflict
Oct 31, 2022 11:57 AM
Sep 2022
FloRathalos said:
RylanStix said:

I think before the religious parallel the most obvious one is the nazi-jewish conflict

Yeah, for sure. This theory just felt like it added onto that a bit more, which is cool.
Oct 31, 2022 3:58 PM
Apr 2022
Your Theorie is actually pretty interesting.
Oct 31, 2022 6:02 PM
Jul 2022
EternalScar said:
If your entire evidence is the similarity to orthodox jews, then bring evidence to the similarity. The Israel analogy is true, but AoT has almost nothing to do with Christianity. It's only since AoT has taken a lot from Judaism, and Christianity is based on Judaism.

OP’s train of thought is weird, as a Jewish person I think I have full authority to say this, but Orthodox Jews do not in fact rule the world. I do not think they come from a place of misunderstanding, though I thought I should make the inaccuracy clear.
Oct 31, 2022 6:05 PM
Jul 2022
-Nir- said:
FloRathalos said:

START OF THE THEORY:

leave anime and fiction aside for a minute. I really hope you didn't mean it that way, but wth do u mean by wish to dominate the world? you actually think that's the intention? it's how it is in aot and no further. it's just insult to my religion tbh if you actually think that way. I'm sincerely hope I got you wrong tho

Agreed.
OP’s train of thought is weird, and as another Jewish person I think I have full authority to say this, but Orthodox Jews do not in fact rule the world. I think they come from a place of misunderstanding, instead of hate, though I thought I should make the inaccuracy clear.
Oct 31, 2022 10:14 PM
Feb 2021
E_Abot05 said:
-Nir- said:

Agreed.
OP’s train of thought is weird, and as another Jewish person I think I have full authority to say this, but Orthodox Jews do not in fact rule the world. I think they come from a place of misunderstanding, instead of hate, though I thought I should make the inaccuracy clear.

ngl, even as a Jewish I can see what the OP means. I just think specifically in aot the idea is really exaggerated and unfit to reality but that's just his perspective and that's what make the story interesting to so many people even if it's nowhere near the actual world.
Nov 1, 2022 6:36 AM

Feb 2021

There are a lot of jews who still think like that todays, that does not include all jews but only "orthodox jews", they follow the deuteronomy laws, they sacrifice animals for the redemption of sins, they wish blasphemers to be stoned, and gentiles to be treated differently or even as slaves, and they want Israel to be the top nation dominating the world, that is of course terrible extremists but no one said every jew was practicing it this way?[/quote]
What the hell are you talking about? Sacrificing animals? What? I live in Israel and there is nothing like that. Don’t talk about religion and any subject that you are not reasonably informed about.
Nov 1, 2022 6:38 AM

Sep 2020
anti-semitic*

(30 char limit)
Nov 1, 2022 6:51 AM

Sep 2021
elderonn said:

leave anime and fiction aside for a minute. I really hope you didn't mean it that way, but wth do u mean by wish to dominate the world? you actually think that's the intention? it's how it is in aot and no further. it's just insult to my race tbh if you actually think that way. I'm sincerely hope I got you wrong tho

There are a lot of jews who still think like that todays, that does not include all jews but only "orthodox jews", they follow the deuteronomy laws, they sacrifice animals for the redemption of sins, they wish blasphemers to be stoned, and gentiles to be treated differently or even as slaves, and they want Israel to be the top nation dominating the world, that is of course terrible extremists but no one said every jew was practicing it this way?[/quote]
What the hell are you talking about? Sacrificing animals? What? I live in Israel and there is nothing like that. Don’t talk about religion and any subject that you are not reasonably informed about.[/quote]

I am not reasonably informed? That's literally MY religion too, that is what God asked to the people of Israel before Jesus-Christ came on earth, but jews do not believe in the new covenant so they should follow the old covenant laws, and in the old covenant laws, it was not Christ' body and blood that was sacrified but animals, men and women sacrified animals and offered their blood to YHWH for the redemption of their sins, this is not practiced anymore today in Israel but this is what is asked in the Bible
Nov 1, 2022 6:52 AM

Sep 2021
Hatreddd said:
anti-semitic*

(30 char limit)

All christians and christianity is anti-semitic then because we think the Anti-Christ is gonna be jewish that's it, I told it that my theory would be biased but it's based on theology anyway so don't get offended and get out
Nov 1, 2022 6:54 AM

Sep 2020
FloRathalos said:
Hatreddd said:
anti-semitic*

(30 char limit)

All christians and christianity is anti-semitic then because we think the Anti-Christ is gonna be jewish that's it, I told it that my theory would be biased but it's based on theology anyway so don't get offended and get out

>christians and christianity is anti-semitic

may explain and source? i'm not one of them btw.
Nov 1, 2022 6:58 AM

Sep 2021
Hatreddd said:
FloRathalos said:

>christians and christianity is anti-semitic

may explain and source? i'm not one of them btw.

I said "THEN", if thinking the anti-christ is gonna be jewish is an anti-semitic belief then christians and christianity is anti-semitic
Nov 1, 2022 7:04 AM

Feb 2021
FloRathalos said:
elderonn said:

There are a lot of jews who still think like that todays, that does not include all jews but only "orthodox jews", they follow the deuteronomy laws, they sacrifice animals for the redemption of sins, they wish blasphemers to be stoned, and gentiles to be treated differently or even as slaves, and they want Israel to be the top nation dominating the world, that is of course terrible extremists but no one said every jew was practicing it this way?

What the hell are you talking about? Sacrificing animals? What? I live in Israel and there is nothing like that. Don’t talk about religion and any subject that you are not reasonably informed about.[/quote]

I am not reasonably informed? That's literally MY religion too, that is what God asked to the people of Israel before Jesus-Christ came on earth, but jews do not believe in the new covenant so they should follow the old covenant laws, and in the old covenant laws, it was not Christ' body and blood that was sacrified but animals, men and women sacrified animals and offered their blood to YHWH for the redemption of their sins, this is not practiced anymore today in Israel but this is what is asked in the Bible[/quote]
Yeah it is what the Bible says, but no one is actually doing it. At least not in Israel. From your previous comment it sounded like you are implying that jews are still doing this. They don’t. At least the Israeli rabanut doesn’t enforce doing this.
Nov 1, 2022 7:06 AM

Sep 2021
elderonn said:
FloRathalos said:

What the hell are you talking about? Sacrificing animals? What? I live in Israel and there is nothing like that. Don’t talk about religion and any subject that you are not reasonably informed about.

I am not reasonably informed? That's literally MY religion too, that is what God asked to the people of Israel before Jesus-Christ came on earth, but jews do not believe in the new covenant so they should follow the old covenant laws, and in the old covenant laws, it was not Christ' body and blood that was sacrified but animals, men and women sacrified animals and offered their blood to YHWH for the redemption of their sins, this is not practiced anymore today in Israel but this is what is asked in the Bible[/quote]
Yeah it is what the Bible says, but no one is actually doing it. At least not in Israel. From your previous comment it sounded like you are implying that jews are still doing this. They don’t. At least the Israeli rabanut doesn’t enforce doing this.[/quote]

I said orthodox jews, damn it!
Nov 1, 2022 7:13 AM

Feb 2021
FloRathalos said:
elderonn said:

I am not reasonably informed? That's literally MY religion too, that is what God asked to the people of Israel before Jesus-Christ came on earth, but jews do not believe in the new covenant so they should follow the old covenant laws, and in the old covenant laws, it was not Christ' body and blood that was sacrified but animals, men and women sacrified animals and offered their blood to YHWH for the redemption of their sins, this is not practiced anymore today in Israel but this is what is asked in the Bible

Yeah it is what the Bible says, but no one is actually doing it. At least not in Israel. From your previous comment it sounded like you are implying that jews are still doing this. They don’t. At least the Israeli rabanut doesn’t enforce doing this.[/quote]

I said orthodox jews, damn it![/quote]
First of all, why the caps lock, it doesn’t contribute to anything. Second of all, yes I know, that is what the rabanut is. In Israel at least they don’t do that.
Nov 1, 2022 7:18 AM

Feb 2021
FloRathalos said:
elderonn said:

I said orthodox jews, damn it![/quote]
First of all, why the caps lock, it doesn’t contribute to anything. Second of all, yes I know, that is what the rabanut is. In Israel at least they don’t do that.
Nov 2, 2022 3:20 AM
Feb 2022
hmm interesting, and just like eldians were blessed with titan powers, the nation of israel was also blessed in past....
Nov 3, 2022 3:37 AM

Oct 2010
cool theory and all
I don't agree with it but it has some basis
SnK was more about freedom and Eren the consequences of that, that's why Eren destroys the world, in order to be free. He's the demon for the world and the savior of Paradis
Nov 11, 2022 3:32 AM
Feb 2021
Your theory makes sense to me. There are a lot of references to ideological wars(like what we see in this forum), political stuff and especially WWII in SNK, this show is a masterpiece!

More topics from this board

» When are these episodes getting an English dub?

did4375 - Yesterday

7 by marukosu44 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season - Kanketsu-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 4, 2023

1464 by AkitaBoop »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM

» Why is this so ugly??? ( 1 2 )

kizumi91 - Nov 5, 2023

60 by Mrchocolateeater »»
May 12, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season - Kanketsu-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 3, 2023

1050 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:49 PM

» What would the characters favorite anime be?

TASM18 - Apr 5

25 by kush_void »»
Apr 7, 6:13 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.