Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 29, 2022 9:14 AM
Oct 2021
Rudeus is a piece of shit of human being, at least that's what happens in part 1. And you're not supposed to defend him, he's a pedo and quite a scum. He tried to groom Sylpy and having sex with Eris. And that's the point of his character, the series start at the lowest point of his life and start to progress for better throughout the series. This early part of the story serve as base for his character and introduction to how much of a scum he is. You should recognized him as who he is(a pedo, scum, etc) instead of defending his character, this low point also make his development even more apparent and amazing in the later part of the series. The point of his series is, are you willing to give rudeus a chance, a redemption arc for his character and accompany him throughout his life journey or just rejected it all and condemn him for his past action and refusing to give him a chance to change, to be a better person?

Plus having him being a bad person doesn't mean he's poorly written character, rudeus is very well realized and well written character. Plus having first person perspective only making it worse because all the his bad thoughts were out in the open for everyone to see. It's normal to don't liking him as a character because that's the point, you shouldn't like him in the part 1, but at least you understand where he's coming from and what kind of person he is.
My point is stop defending Part 1 Rudeus, because he really is a scum, but at least acknowledge his development and growth instead of judging and condemn him for his past and refusing to acknowledge that he's change for better albeit only a little.
RabbitBeardyOct 29, 2022 9:17 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 29, 2022 9:21 AM
May 2019
Couldn’t agree more man. People completely miss the point of his character and it’s infuriating. Glad to see someone else finally pointing it out.
Oct 29, 2022 9:28 AM

Mar 2021
still 90% better than most rom com mcs
Oct 29, 2022 9:39 AM

Mar 2021
A pretty good take actually
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2022 9:43 AM
Jan 2021
yep im not reading allat
Oct 29, 2022 9:46 AM

Jul 2015
I still see no point in engaging with haters who cannot grasp the concept of character development and unironically think that character from chapter one are an end product.

I have never seen anyone unironically defending his actions, but I've seen plenty of people praising him as a fictional character and quite a few thinking he is a bad character because he is not (seemingly) a Gary Stu Kirito clone.
PiromyslOct 29, 2022 9:50 AM

Oct 29, 2022 9:52 AM
Nov 2020
I almost called this post out for being a bait post, but this is a really good take.

Rudy is character that shouldn’t be defended (even the author has stated that), he is a character that should be looked at as being well written and developed. It is night and day later in the story from what his character was in the early parts of the story. In my opinion Rudy is one the best written MCs in anime, on top of being one of the best Isekai MCs.
Oct 29, 2022 10:12 AM
Oct 2020
I doubt he would’ve even tried to groom sylphy if not for paul saying the outta pocket shit he did, but smashing eris on the other hand was wierd for us but the aoc(age of consent) is 13 in Japan I heard they are raising it by 3 years but I honestly think rudy is a true degenerate but what do u expect from a 30 year old neet
CravingelfOct 29, 2022 10:16 AM
Oct 29, 2022 10:20 AM
Oct 2020
Cravingelf said:
I doubt he would’ve even tried to groom sylphy if not for paul saying the outta pocket shit he did, but smashing eris on the other hand was wierd for us but the aoc(age of consent) is 13 in Japan I heard they are raising it by 3 years but I honestly think rudy is a true degenerate but what do u expect from a 30 year old neet

I agree there isnt a point in defending him but the anime is top tier besides the creepy dad,
mc and that one kid that got turned into a burnt chicken nugget by rudys teacher i forgor her name💀
Oct 29, 2022 10:29 AM

Jul 2017
A reasonable take here. I've always believed that you can like or find a character to be great, without finding the person to be great. Kan Ki from Kingdom's a phenomenal character but his actions are so disturbing on the surface that it's hard to respect or support a person like that, but that's what makes his character to be so compelling and great for the long run. I feel that way with Rudeus too.

He's meant to be a piece of shit early on that as a person, no one should defend. Especially the season 1 part 1 version, since that guy still is the previous fella in the new body, he hasn't grown enough yet to be a new person so he still is fucked up and has no concept of understanding how to communicate and treat people rightly, and still relies on his knowledge on eroges to carry him and his interests early on. It's about him needing to spend time, be hurt from his mistakes and grow from it, that's a key part of this entire series. He's not a righteous human being and it's not like his development is to turn him to a knight, a beacon of perfection. He's growing in his own way to be a better version of himself, who gains responsibilities and a direction in life that allows him to be motivated and enjoy life compared to being stuck in a rut and never having the confidence to change or get up when adversity hits him, or having no motivations to grow up in life. Even in season 1, you can see that he takes his reincarnation for granted like a game but learns that those people around him are not NPCs and that he has to treat them properly and control himself better. He's trying to make progress in subtle ways and improve, make mistakes to learn and grow from them at his pace. He's not going to magically turn to a good, bland saint of a being in like 5 episodes and be as generic and hollow as most other isekai main characters nowadays. The more he grows up and learns about what he has to do and wants to achieve and grow with, the better his character will be in the long run. This anime is the start of a lengthy journey, not just for the narrative but for Rudeus' character too. It's a slow-burn but after reading the books, it was completely worth it.
Oct 29, 2022 10:30 AM

Feb 2021
Nah he is based, GOAT character imo
Oct 29, 2022 10:49 AM
Jan 2022
I don't see Rudues as an adult he was reincarnated so he's growing up all over again that's how I see it if people don't understand that too bad
Oct 29, 2022 11:01 AM

Jan 2013
Sorry, I call bullshit.

The author is only concerned with redeeming Rudy as a victim of abuse and trauma, he shows almost no concern for Rudy as a pervert, pedophile, predator, etc. because these are not elements that make him a complex morally grey character, they're just the eroge type stuff the author was fond of and wanted to include in his work. The tone throughout the series is never one that condemns Rudy's behavior, it's either played for comedy or eroticism.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Oct 29, 2022 11:09 AM

Aug 2022
The guy above me doesn't understand what portrayal is. I really hate how humans today have shifted the purpose of art from portrayal to promotion. Just goes to show how dumb and unnecessarily "woke" we are becoming.
Oct 29, 2022 11:12 AM

Jan 2013
StaleNut said:
The guy above me doesn't understand what portrayal is. I really hate how humans today have shifted the purpose of art from portrayal to promotion. Just goes to show how dumb and unnecessarily "woke" we are becoming.
What the fuck are you even talking about?
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Oct 29, 2022 11:15 AM

Aug 2022
LostSpectre said:
StaleNut said:

Rudeus is a good character because he's a realistic representation of a fucked up shut-in weirdo who does fucked up things. A story that needs to condemn its characters for anything is just trying too hard to appeal to the braindead normies who can't comprehend the fact that promoting social and political causes isn't what art is meant to do.
Oct 29, 2022 11:26 AM

Jan 2013
StaleNut said:
LostSpectre said:

Rudeus is a good character because he's a realistic representation of a fucked up shut-in weirdo who does fucked up things. A story that needs to condemn its characters for anything is just trying too hard to appeal to the braindead normies who can't comprehend the fact that promoting social and political causes isn't what art is meant to do.
If the story doesn't condemn his actions there's no complexity to his character in that regard, like if we were supposed to grapple with him being this creepy, borderline pedophile while he is also a victim of abuse himself who wants to do better. However, I'm calling bullshit on the entire idea that the author presents him as a character you should hate for being a perv/pedo, because it's only ever used for comedy/eroticism, the dude just wanted to put a bunch of eroge stuff in his story, you aren't supposed to take Rudy seriously as a disgusting creep, in these instances you're supposed to conveniently forget he's actually a 34 yr old lolicon, and not just a 10(?) yr old pervy kid.
LostSpectreOct 29, 2022 11:31 AM
Oct 29, 2022 11:27 AM

Feb 2020
Everybody says the same exact thing to the point the they think most people are deaf. How many times have we heard it's a story about flawed people who improves? Yet, from all the spoiler it doesn't seem to the case. Even if it is , u should say that at that time or with actual evidence. Stop parading around it now.

As far as season 1 to season 2 progression, it not Rudeus who changed, it's the story which shifted focus and toned down. There is a big difference. And The moment in season 2 which tells rudeus have not changed for good is when he had sex with Eris breaking the promise
AdampkOct 29, 2022 11:33 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Oct 29, 2022 11:32 AM

Aug 2022
LostSpectre said:
StaleNut said:

If the story doesn't condemn his actions there's no complexity to his character in that regard, like if we were supposed to grapple with him being this creepy, borderline pedophile while he is also a victim of abuse himself who wants to do better. However, I'm calling bullshit on the entire idea that the author presents him as a character you should hate for being a perv/pedo, because it's only ever used for comedy/eroticism, the dude just wanted to put a bunch of eroge stuff in his story, you aren't supposed to take Rudy seriously as a disgusting creep, in these instances you're supposed to conveniently forget he's actually a 34 yr old lolicon, and not just a 10(?) yr old pervy kid.

Miura Kentaro does not condemn Griffith for anything, neither does Hajime Isayama condemn Eren for anything. Is there a hidden message the authors wanted to give through these characters? Yes. However they never blatantly give you this message by condemning these characters, they give it through portrayal, that's what makes storytelling complex.

Now, if you call bullshit on the points made by the OP, fair enough, it's your opinion. But there are clear hints throughout the story, that give a message though Rudeus. You see how Rudeus could have avoided becoming a shut-in neet in his previous life, through his new experiences and the ppl around him. Family, friends etc, everyone around Rudeus plays a role in his change. His second life is clearly not the same as his previous one. There is growth and depth to his character, you just need to stop taking everything so straightforwardly and notice the little things. Anyways, that's just my thoughts.
Oct 29, 2022 11:34 AM

Jan 2021
I think we all know that rudeus is supposed to be a pathetic perverted scum of society but that still doesnt make him a good character. That still doesnt make his actions justified. He is still a flawed character since his actions are never condemned nor are there any real consequences against him. It all works in his favor for being a scum. His portrayal is completely unrealistic and unjustified. There is no reason for me to believe that he will become better. There is no reason for me to root for him even when he becomes better. His so called character development or redemption wont instantly cause me to like him and find him as a good character.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Oct 29, 2022 11:37 AM

Jan 2013
StaleNut said:
LostSpectre said:

Miura Kentaro does not condemn Griffith for anything, neither does Hajime Isayama condemn Eren for anything. Is there a hidden message the authors wanted to give through these characters? Yes. However they never blatantly give you this message by condemning these characters, they give it through portrayal, that's what makes storytelling complex.

Now, if you call bullshit on the points made by the OP, fair enough, it's your opinion. But there are clear hints throughout the story, that give a message though Rudeus. You see how Rudeus could have avoided becoming a shut-in neet in his previous life, through his new experiences and the ppl around him. Family, friends etc, everyone around Rudeus plays a role in his change. His second life is clearly not the same as his previous one. There is growth and depth to his character, you just need to stop taking everything so straightforwardly and notice the little things. Anyways, that's just my thoughts.
Hence, why I said that his redemption is only concerned with Rudy as a shut-in victim of abuse himself, the author hasn't given me any reason to think he needs to be redeemed in terms of his creepy behavior, I simply don't view that element of his character in a "logical" sense, similar to how a female character might knock a male character through a wall, leaving his face a bloody swollen mess. Obviously, this is an extremely serious case of assault and we should view the perpetrator as being dangerous, violent, psychopath...oh, wait, he's.. completely fine in the next panel? Well shit, I guess that just means it's funny now.
Oct 29, 2022 11:45 AM
Mar 2022
DarkHomieC said:
I almost called this post out for being a bait post, but this is a really good take.

Rudy is character that shouldn’t be defended (even the author has stated that), he is a character that should be looked at as being well written and developed. It is night and day later in the story from what his character was in the early parts of the story. In my opinion Rudy is one the best written MCs in anime, on top of being one of the best Isekai MCs.

I agree, I’m currently reading vol 19 of LN, and he’s grown so much from the little boy who grew up (again) in some back water village.
Oct 29, 2022 11:50 AM

Aug 2022
LostSpectre said:
StaleNut said:

Hence, why I said that his redemption is only concerned with Rudy as a shut-in victim of abuse himself, the author hasn't given me any reason to think he needs to be redeemed in terms of his creepy behavior, I simply don't view that element of his character in a "logical" sense, similar to how a female character might knock a male character through a wall, leaving his face a bloody swollen mess. Obviously, this is an extremely serious case of assault and we should view the perpetrator as being dangerous, violent, psychopath...oh, wait, he's.. completely fine in the next panel? Well shit, I guess that just means it's funny now.

Would you condemn a child for touching another child in a weird way? No, because they're a child. You'd tell him not to do that again, but you wouldn't treat him like a criminal and throw him in jail. How can the author condemn Rudeus' actions, when every other character views Rudeus as a normal child? You do realize intervening with that fact, would ruin the coherence of the story right? Ah yes, let's make Eris beat the shit out of him, and show his actions have consequences.

Now obviously there is a clear comedic effect the author is trying to achieve through those types of scenes. Which doesn't really work properly considering western audiences will see a huge problem with these scenes, given the context of Rudeus having the memories of a grown ass man. But at the same time, the author just views this as a work of fiction. And we all know japanese ppl couldn't care any less what happens in a work of fiction, as long as it doesn't have an effect on the real world, unlike westerners who are always concerned with mixing reality with fiction.
Oct 29, 2022 11:51 AM

Jan 2013
FZREMAKE said:
I think we all know that rudeus is supposed to be a pathetic perverted scum of society but that still doesnt make him a good character. That still doesnt make his actions justified. He is still a flawed character since his actions are never condemned nor are there any real consequences against him. It all works in his favor for being a scum. His portrayal is completely unrealistic and unjustified. There is no reason for me to believe that he will become better. There is no reason for me to root for him even when he becomes better. His so called character development or redemption wont instantly cause me to like him and find him as a good character.
That's where the misconception lies, him being a perv/pedo is just there because the author was a huge fan of eroges and stories with sexual content. That's why it's never condemned, and it's either played for comedy or eroticism, it was never a serious part of his moral character or a reason to redeem himself. This sort of tonal disregard for him as a creepy pedo can be very confusing to the viewer, because the core of his redemption is on Rudy as a victim himself, it has virtually nothing to do with him being an immoral person.
Oct 29, 2022 11:57 AM

Jan 2013
StaleNut said:
LostSpectre said:

Would you condemn a child for touching another child in a weird way? No, because they're a child. You'd tell him not to do that again, but you wouldn't treat him like a criminal and throw him in jail. How can the author condemn Rudeus' actions, when every other character views Rudeus as a normal child? You do realize intervening with that fact, would ruin the coherence of the story right? Ah yes, let's make Eris beat the shit out of him, and show his actions have consequences.

Now obviously there is a clear comedic effect the author is trying to achieve through those types of scenes. Which doesn't really work properly considering western audiences will see a huge problem with these scenes, given the context of Rudeus having the memories of a grown ass man. But at the same time, the author just views this as a work of fiction. And we all know japanese ppl couldn't care any less what happens in a work of fiction, as long as it doesn't have an effect on the real world, unlike westerners who are always concerned with mixing reality with fiction.
The author could easily frame his actions in a negative light if that was his intention, but it simply isn't, he has no interest in Rudy being a perv/pedo playing into his moral character, because these things are simply not supposed to be taken literally, you have to view it in a sort of meta-sense, like how in some shows there's a "lolicon" character, but they aren't treated like an actual pedophile, they're treated with sort of the same regard that the viewer would be treated if they're a lolicon. Anyway, it at least seems like you somewhat agree with me that the audience isn't supposed to take this aspect of his character literally.
Oct 29, 2022 11:57 AM

Jan 2021
LostSpectre said:
FZREMAKE said:
That's where the misconception lies, him being a perv/pedo is just there because the author was a huge fan of eroges and stories with sexual content. That's why it's never condemned, and it's either played for comedy or eroticism, it was never a serious part of his moral character or a reason to redeem himself. This sort of tonal disregard for him as a creepy pedo can be very confusing to the viewer, because the core of his redemption is on Rudy as a victim himself, it has virtually nothing to do with him being an immoral person.

I will not say that what you said is completely true but even if thats the case, You cant except me to take this stuff seriously. If anything, it is a flaw to portray him like that. Him being immoral might be for comedy but it is still his personality now and one of his negative points.

Oct 29, 2022 12:03 PM

Aug 2022
LostSpectre said:
StaleNut said:

The author could easily frame his actions in a negative light if that was his intention, but it simply isn't, he has no interest in Rudy being a perv/pedo playing into his moral character, because these things are simply not supposed to be taken literally, you have to view it in a sort of meta-sense, like how in some shows there's a "lolicon" character, but they aren't treated like an actual pedophile, they're treated with sort of the same regard that the viewer would be treated if they're a lolicon. Anyway, it at least seems like you somewhat agree with me that the audience isn't supposed to take this aspect of his character literally.

Well, the author has made some comments showing he doesn't really care about how ppl view Rudeus. Which does prove some of your points. To me that still doesn't change much when it comes to his complexity as a character, since I disregard comic relief moments when they're not the main focus of a show, regardless of how out of place they may seem.
Oct 29, 2022 12:05 PM

Jan 2013
FZREMAKE said:
LostSpectre said:

I will not say that what you said is completely true but even if thats the case, You cant except me to take this stuff seriously. If anything, it is a flaw to portray him like that. Him being immoral might be for comedy but it is still his personality now and one of his negative points.
That's the thing, I'm telling you not to take it seriously. The story only "works" if you ignore any moral connotations to his pervy/pedo behavior, because it's simply not intended to frame him in a negative light. He's being redeemed for dying as a 34 yr old loser who accomplished nothing, largely in part due to the abuse he suffered, he's not being condemned for his obviously inappropriate behavior towards children, because well, the author actually wants you to like the lolicon stuff. lol
Oct 29, 2022 12:15 PM

Jan 2013
StaleNut said:
LostSpectre said:

Well, the author has made some comments showing he doesn't really care about how ppl view Rudeus. Which does prove some of your points. To me that still doesn't change much when it comes to his complexity as a character, since I disregard comic relief moments when they're not the main focus of a show, regardless of how out of place they may seem.
Don't get me wrong, I think there's plenty of complexity to his character simply on the basis of someone who gets a second chance through a selfless act, despite the fact they've become a creepy 34 yr old NEET lolicon who refuses to even attend their parents funeral. The abuse he suffers certainly plays into all of this, but to what degree is he absolved of his present (in our world) predicament despite all of that? Regardless, I have sympathy for his situation, even if there's room to blame him for just giving up on life. I'm just ignoring all the pervy/pedo shit (despite the confusing tone) because it's clearly used for comedy or eroticism, because the author wants the audience to be into the loli stuff. lol
Oct 29, 2022 12:16 PM
Jan 2022
I hate when people defend characters like that before we even get to the character development. It’s like when anime watched hated Gabi but manga readers were defending her. LIKE NO, LET THE FUCKING ANIME WATCHERS HATE UNTIL WE GET TO THE CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, I hate people like that with all my soul.
Oct 29, 2022 12:19 PM
Aug 2022
tldr.
rudeus is goated.
Oct 29, 2022 12:36 PM
Oct 2021
RabbitBeardy said:
Rudeus is a piece of shit of human being, at least that's what happens in part 1. And you're not supposed to defend him, he's a pedo and quite a scum. He tried to groom Sylpy and having sex with Eris. And that's the point of his character, the series start at the lowest point of his life and start to progress for better throughout the series. This early part of the story serve as base for his character and introduction to how much of a scum he is. You should recognized him as who he is(a pedo, scum, etc) instead of defending his character, this low point also make his development even more apparent and amazing in the later part of the series. The point of his series is, are you willing to give rudeus a chance, a redemption arc for his character and accompany him throughout his life journey or just rejected it all and condemn him for his past action and refusing to give him a chance to change, to be a better person?

Plus having him being a bad person doesn't mean he's poorly written character, rudeus is very well realized and well written character. Plus having first person perspective only making it worse because all the his bad thoughts were out in the open for everyone to see. It's normal to don't liking him as a character because that's the point, you shouldn't like him in the part 1, but at least you understand where he's coming from and what kind of person he is.
My point is stop defending Part 1 Rudeus, because he really is a scum, but at least acknowledge his development and growth instead of judging and condemn him for his past and refusing to acknowledge that he's change for better albeit only a little.

all I see here is facts
Oct 29, 2022 12:52 PM
Jan 2022
Because of all these flaws that's why many people gave up on this show without giving it a chance. Even I hated how he was in season 1 but later on as I read the books I soon found out that he his just a character who wasn't making good choices, and is just trying to improve as I saw that progression I soon started to like his character sure he is still a pervert but the way he used to do things are now different and more of a better approach. BTW not very good with words so people might see this very differently so I advice listen to the other folks.
Oct 29, 2022 12:57 PM
Dec 2021
RabbitBeardy said:

Rudeus will learn something later despite being the same again being reincarnated with the same mindset like in his own world, so keep watching till the end of the season
Bijou146Oct 29, 2022 1:01 PM
Oct 29, 2022 1:15 PM

Jan 2021
LostSpectre said:
FZREMAKE said:

That's the thing, I'm telling you not to take it seriously. The story only "works" if you ignore any moral connotations to his pervy/pedo behavior, because it's simply not intended to frame him in a negative light. He's being redeemed for dying as a 34 yr old loser who accomplished nothing, largely in part due to the abuse he suffered, he's not being condemned for his obviously inappropriate behavior towards children, because well, the author actually wants you to like the lolicon stuff. lol

How can I not take it seriously when its part of his character and the part of the show. If anything, I cant take the serious part of MT seriously because of the character flaws.

Oct 29, 2022 1:21 PM

Jan 2013
FZREMAKE said:
LostSpectre said:

How can I not take it seriously when its part of his character and the part of the show. If anything, I cant take the serious part of MT seriously because of the character flaws.
I can think of so many examples in anime where you shouldn't interpret something literally, why should this be different?
Oct 29, 2022 1:25 PM

Jan 2021
LostSpectre said:
FZREMAKE said:

I can think of so many examples in anime where you shouldn't interpret something literally, why should this be different?

Because it goes to the extreme. Because its being portrayed that way. Because it made me feel its being portrayed that way. Because it knows its flaws yet goes on with it. Because it has serious moment that cant be taken seriously because of this. Because this is a flaw of the series. Because this is a flaw of the character. Because the series would be completely different if weren't for that. Because I cant seem to like it.

Oct 29, 2022 1:27 PM

Apr 2020
I see no point in trying to re-open this massively toxic shitstorm, again. Now. Fall 2022.

Cause:

A) We got it, when it aired. We will get it again, every new Season. Just wait a bit.

B) It really does not matter. At. All. It's Anime. It's entertainment. I know your point seems very important and noteworthy to you, right now. But it's just not. It's been said a million times over.

Oct 29, 2022 1:28 PM

Jan 2013
FZREMAKE said:
LostSpectre said:

Because it goes to the extreme. Because its being portrayed that way. Because it made me feel its being portrayed that way. Because it knows its flaws yet goes on with it. Because it has serious moment that cant be taken seriously because of this. Because this is a flaw of the series. Because this is a flaw of the character. Because the series would be completely different if weren't for that. Because I cant seem to like it.
Those all sound like reasons you shouldn't take it seriously, since that's clearly not the intention of the author, but I digress.
Oct 29, 2022 1:35 PM
Oct 2021
I got your point he is a scum and it's redemption story but whats the point in redemption if his sons are going to be as scum as rudeus is. I read that in some spoilers but anyone willing to explain how is redeeming himself and if did then why are his sons like that?
Oct 29, 2022 1:36 PM

Jan 2021
LostSpectre said:
FZREMAKE said:

Those all sound like reasons you shouldn't take it seriously, since that's clearly not the intention of the author, but I digress.

Hmmm. Even it isnt the intent of the author, thats the intent of the series. Or at least thats how its being portrayed. I dont know what the writer is thinking when he is writing his stories so I cant say what he wants me to think. I as a viewer can only think what I can see in the series. The writers thoughts and messages aligning with his work can be decided later.

Oct 29, 2022 1:38 PM

Jan 2013
FZREMAKE said:
LostSpectre said:

Hmmm. Even it isnt the intent of the author, thats the intent of the series. Or at least thats how its being portrayed. I dont know what the writer is thinking when he is writing his stories so I cant say what he wants me to think. I as a viewer can only think what I can see in the series. The writers thoughts and messages aligning with his work can be decided later.
It's not the intent of the series or how it's portrayed. The intent of the series is for you to enjoy pervy lolicon fanservice, for better or worse. lol
Oct 29, 2022 1:46 PM

Jan 2021
LostSpectre said:
FZREMAKE said:

It's not the intent of the series or how it's portrayed. The intent of the series is for you to enjoy pervy lolicon fanservice, for better or worse. lol

Is that really the intent of the series? I wonder. Some people say that the intent is redemption and then you say that the intent is fan service. I believe that even the Author doesn't know the intent himself.

Oct 29, 2022 1:48 PM

Jan 2013
FZREMAKE said:
LostSpectre said:

Is that really the intent of the series? I wonder. Some people say that the intent is redemption and then you say that the intent is fan service. I believe that even the Author doesn't know the intent himself.
I'm not talking about the whole series, I'm talking about Rudy being a pedo, it's for the viewer to have juicy lolicon fanservice to enjoy, not to literally view him as human garbage. Now, if you ask me why lolicon fanservice, especially through text, should be common place enough to be well received by the audience, I don't really have an answer for you, but that's the situation we're in.
Oct 29, 2022 1:52 PM

Jan 2021
LostSpectre said:
FZREMAKE said:

I'm not talking about the whole series, I'm talking about Rudy being a pedo, it's for the viewer to have juicy lolicon fanservice to enjoy, not to literally view him as human garbage. Now, if you ask me why lolicon fanservice, especially through text, should be common place enough to be well received by the audience, I don't really have an answer for you, but that's the situation we're in.

Oh I see. Well I cant call it fan service either cause it failed to serve its purpose. Its horrible. Btw being pedo is what makes him a human garbage.

Oct 29, 2022 1:59 PM

Jan 2013
FZREMAKE said:
LostSpectre said:

Oh I see. Well I cant call it fan service either cause it failed to serve its purpose. Its horrible. Btw being pedo is what makes him a human garbage.
Yeah, western audiences have certainly been divided on his portrayal as a perv/pedo when it's clear that he doesn't face consequences for his actions, and that the author wants you to find it funny (or worse) erotic, there's a serious conflict of interest here between the premise of the series and shoehorning in loli fanservice. I just assume that Japan is a lot more tolerant about this stuff, but I wouldn't want to read anything sexual involving kids through text, that's weirder than seeing an obviously fake cartoon in similar circumstances. Anyway, that's just how it goes.
Oct 29, 2022 2:03 PM

Jan 2021
LostSpectre said:
FZREMAKE said:

Yeah, western audiences have certainly been divided on his portrayal as a perv/pedo when it's clear that he doesn't face consequences for his actions, and that the author wants you to find it funny (or worse) erotic, there's a serious conflict of interest here between the premise of the series and shoehorning in loli fanservice. I just assume that Japan is a lot more tolerant about this stuff, but I wouldn't want to read anything sexual involving kids through text, that's weirder than seeing an obviously fake cartoon in similar circumstances. Anyway, that's just how it goes.

Not just western audience, most Asian audience find it a bit weird as well. Japan is just built different that it can get away from drawing CP.
Btw I know that's just how it goes. That's exactly the problem here.

Oct 29, 2022 2:05 PM
Aug 2021
Shadow_Master8 said:
I hate when people defend characters like that before we even get to the character development. It’s like when anime watched hated Gabi but manga readers were defending her. LIKE NO, LET THE FUCKING ANIME WATCHERS HATE UNTIL WE GET TO THE CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, I hate people like that with all my soul.

bro thinks this is twitter 😭😭
Oct 29, 2022 2:06 PM
Jan 2022
DeJota_3 said:
Shadow_Master8 said:

bro thinks this is twitter 😭😭

Nah it just pisses me off that people can’t be patient
Oct 29, 2022 2:42 PM

Oct 2021
yet everyone ignores the fact that he's an pedo since he was reincarnated as a child.
and for some reason, the children in that parallel world are allowed to have sex as children.

now this is not taken down by the local government even though it somewhat "implies" cp, yet the whole country's army forces will rush to a man's house because someone did a little prank call.
yes.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Dec 31, 2020

414 by MRP044 »»
Yesterday, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

470 by marta_valse »»
May 12, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2021

230 by marta_valse »»
May 12, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2021

337 by marta_valse »»
May 11, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2021

440 by marta_valse »»
May 11, 4:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.