Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Blue Lock
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 16, 2022 11:29 AM
Oct 2022
best sport anime i've ever seen

Oct 16, 2022 11:37 AM
Feb 2021
was really good episode, i think that this show is gonna be insane.
Oct 16, 2022 11:50 AM

Apr 2021
This whole system was created so that only the best of the best remain. This was a good episode. Bachira's character is funny and chill. I like it!!
Oct 16, 2022 12:28 PM
Dec 2020
rasterman7 said:
Here comes again, the weekly bullshit spout of Blue Lock that takes itself way too seriously for no reason, yet it's quite amusing.

The comparison with the penalty area was kinda dumb, since there the ball stays still. Fhe two minute average playtime may only be true if you count those players who basically never enter, but that depends on who the coach is. The time limit is not exact in a football match, so those last few seconds aren't really a thing most of the time. Also, if you're good enough you could find your way to a less relevant league, specially at Kira's age. It's not guaranteed though but there are many examples of that happening.

There was at least something true mentioned in passing, and it was that football is a business. It wasn't always like this but it pretty much is now. With the referees, bets and dispositions set by the higher ups, one can't really argue with that. Well, maybe in Japan its not as bad and egregious as other countries where much more is on the line.

Damn, I wrote a lot. Well, in any case, at least the animation is quite good. The expressions remind me a lot of Attack on Titan.

The show def doesnt take itself seriously LMAO
Oct 16, 2022 12:37 PM
Feb 2021
Well, not as energetic as first episode! but still liked it..
Oct 16, 2022 1:06 PM
Sep 2021
5/5 I really like the part where the orange hair guy took off his shirt, very epic

Oct 16, 2022 1:16 PM

Aug 2021
really good episode. the opening is really good. great visuals and catchy song. 8bit has really done a good job animating this so far too.
Oct 16, 2022 1:45 PM
Apr 2022
Dang! This episode was epic!!!
Oct 16, 2022 1:46 PM
Apr 2022
I don't get some of the hate for this anime but I love it. Hypes me up!
Oct 16, 2022 1:56 PM

May 2019
Good episode that explains why Blue Lock was formed. It also introduces a skilled player named Sae Itoshi that, after witnessing the press conference about Blue Lock, now wants to see who will win. I'm looking forward to the first match.
Oct 16, 2022 2:19 PM

Mar 2020
kind of insane lineup near the end. I'm excited to see who wins the game.

- May God Be With You -

Oct 16, 2022 2:26 PM
Feb 2020
its getting set up
Oct 16, 2022 2:36 PM
Sep 2021
I saw a jojo referance
Oct 16, 2022 2:39 PM

May 2015
So dramatic, not sure it worth the watch. Honestly if it wasn't for Kamiya Hiroshi doing all that info-dumping, I would be already bored. And how many times do they have to repeat the names of Messi, Ronaldo, etc.? Looks like there are other god-tier seiyuus here so I'll stick around for them at least. The idea itself might be interesting at first glance but also so weird. I hope things get better in future episodes.

Bachira seems like a fun character. He talks so much nonsense though. And that monster visuals, jeez.
Oct 16, 2022 4:25 PM
May 2020
the animation has nonsense
Oct 16, 2022 4:27 PM
Jun 2022
Its so good, i love the concept of the anime
Oct 16, 2022 4:44 PM
Dec 2020
Everything was animated just like in the manga, the First Selection Arc starts next week and if its animated properly is gonna be amazing !
Oct 16, 2022 5:19 PM
Oct 2021
mostly just build up that I think could have been paced better. have to say though Kira's breakdown was reaaaaally well done... props to the VA, he also voices Murasakibara in KNB which I NEVER would have guessed just by listening.

ALso Bachira is a cutie tbh
Oct 16, 2022 5:24 PM
Jul 2016
don't know how much they'll adapt from the manga but the animation was way too good for an episode meant to dump info on the series. I mean wtf was with how fluid Isagi and Bachira's practice was. It was a welcome surprise but made me realise how locked in they are in adapting this.
Oct 16, 2022 7:08 PM

Jul 2012
I just still find it so funny how they're like "having the best striker = winning the World Cup", when we have arguably the best striker in the world (Messi) and we have won 0 World Cups since he's in the team :v

(Este es tu año, Lio, vamo')
Oct 16, 2022 7:55 PM

Sep 2015
Episode was pretty bad. A lot of edgy characterization, artwork, speaking cringy lines and poor pacing. The stakes don't seem serious at all either with how they present it

I was kind of interested from the 1st episode, but this really feels like an anime aimed at little kids
Oct 16, 2022 8:09 PM
Oct 2019
HikariShoumeiron said:
I just still find it so funny how they're like "having the best striker = winning the World Cup", when we have arguably the best striker in the world (Messi) and we have won 0 World Cups since he's in the team :v

Yeah i know right, and that's hilarious.
Oct 16, 2022 8:43 PM

Feb 2014
I am still really liking this.

The pseudo death game aspects I find very fun. I also like that the goal of this project is a selfish one: it’s all about producing one amazing player to take all the glory and bring Japan to the top. Everyone from the boss lady to the MC want to produce/become the best and are willing to make sacrifices to get there. There’s no team dynamic here where you push to improve as a team to win. This is all about the individual’s desire to win and leave everyone else in the dust. For a sports anime, that is pretty different and I think that’s why I’m latching on to this so much.
Oct 16, 2022 8:43 PM
Oct 2022
Its the beginning of the first arc of blue lock, which I really enjoyed from the manga. I'm excited to see it play out, especially the last match...
Oct 16, 2022 8:45 PM

Feb 2022
I look forward to the next episode so I can see the game that is going to be put together
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Oct 16, 2022 9:20 PM
Apr 2020
amazing, sublime, euphoric
Oct 16, 2022 10:32 PM

May 2020
I'm loving this so far
can't wait for ep 3

Oct 17, 2022 1:52 AM
Apr 2021
IN BLUE LOCK
Shit just getting interesting
Oct 17, 2022 2:33 AM

Feb 2008
While watching the first two episodes, I find myself in the middle of the episodes asking, do I need to continue this series? I love football. I watch irl games every week. I enjoyed Area no Kishi, Giant Killing and Aoashi. I'm happy there are more football animes. But Blue Lock isn't for me. I understand why it's popular though. Maybe, I'm just an old man and I find this kind of hyped-up sports anime unappealing.

Hmmm... will try the manga though coz I prefer it more than animes.
Oct 17, 2022 3:38 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That's kinda sad for the silver haired guy but that's the game... Now they're really starting from the bottom and after a few training they're directly starting the matches that will be chaotic I feel like since they don't have team cohesion or even a strategy since they're all strikers... also the "monster" king of thing was kinda ridiculous to be honest xD
Oct 17, 2022 5:05 AM

Dec 2021
Bachira and Isagi's friendship is so cute! New opponent next game, i'm excited.
Oct 17, 2022 5:24 AM

Oct 2008
What's the sense on making 1 hero striker? are they gonna involve superhuman abilities! mahou? or there's gonna be a twist...hmmmm
4/5.

Oct 17, 2022 5:25 AM
Jul 2013
Sigo expectante, y más porque se viene partido.

•Equipo Z vs Equipo X
Oct 17, 2022 5:37 AM
Sep 2022
the episode 2 wasn't all that interesting to me
Oct 17, 2022 6:02 AM
Nov 2020
Came for Hyouma but Bachira is being such a bias-wrecker! Anri and Sae look very aesthetically pleasing <3
Oct 17, 2022 6:17 AM

Dec 2020
its hard to take this seriously with their skin tight suits like😭😭😭 they're literally naked but covered in black paint and blue stripes
Oct 17, 2022 7:27 AM

Dec 2020
Oh well...Kira had every right to be mad at this bullshit. Every dialogue made me roll my eyes. I hope this is as ridiculous as it gets.
Oct 17, 2022 7:30 AM

Dec 2020
Majiebeast said:
Funny how he talks about 1 hero and then mentions Messi Cronaldo and Neymar, none of them who have won a world cup. Such a dumb reductive way of looking at football, im surprised anyone in the show is buying that BS.

HikariShoumeiron said:

True. It is a team sport after all. Individual brilliance can win matches. Not trophies. Success at the national level shouldn't be a measure of a player's quality. You can't choose the country you are born in.

Atlos said:
Messi > Ronaldo btw

It isn't even close. Messi >>>>> Ronaldo.

SouthRzVa said:
And as for Bachira's "monster"... that's just early schizophrenia dude lol.

LMAO
troilus_05sOct 17, 2022 7:45 AM
Oct 17, 2022 7:43 AM
Nov 2019
yeeeeeeeeeessssss
Oct 17, 2022 8:48 AM
Jun 2021
Paul_Foreign said:
This adaptation is kinda insane. The production is so good

Why are they playing soccer barefoot?? I just imagine breaking every single toe in one kick

The animation is amazing indeed!! You don’t break your foot playing barefooted if you have good kicking technique. I grew up playing soccer barefooted and never broke anything. Barefoot soccer does wonders with your footwork and ball control.
Oct 17, 2022 8:59 AM
Jun 2021
The animation is top notch, the characters are great, the survival aspect makes it interesting and episode 2 introduces the ranking in system in more detail. I also like that the media in this anime believes this extreme project (bluelock) is madness. This is a realistic take, because this type of project would never be accepted as a reasonable training for strikers.

But it goes to show that people in Japan really want a top striker in their national team. They have amazing midfielders and technical players but they always have lacked that special player that can change the game in a blink of an eye, that individualistic player that can score in the last second all by himself, that player who can dribble passed defenders in a flash and score the winning goal. It only can happen with a mentality change, a player that only lives to score goals no matter what.

I hope this anime inspires the next generation of Japanese strikers to change their mentality and become the goal scoring monsters their soccer needs.
Oct 17, 2022 10:36 AM
May 2022
seemed kinda short but gives you a greater understanding
Oct 17, 2022 10:57 AM
May 2021
Siento que Anri le puso tremendos huevos para hablar dentro de la prensa, pero le puso más huevos que el viejo. Se da a entender que cada uno de los jugadores deben pelear para conseguir su objetivo ta bien, pero es de locos decir que un demonio vive dentro mío y me lo dice todo xd, y esa vaina del consentimiento de sus padres que deben respetarse, ya que no se deben tratar de esa manera a las futuras estrellas, no lo sé yo solo sé que es el proyecto Blue Lock xd.
Oct 17, 2022 11:42 AM
Dec 2020
Ed was great, way better than OP
This show is so edgy, that I unironically like it
Oct 17, 2022 12:02 PM

Mar 2021
SeishunPowah said:
Paul_Foreign said:
This adaptation is kinda insane. The production is so good

Why are they playing soccer barefoot?? I just imagine breaking every single toe in one kick

The animation is amazing indeed!! You don’t break your foot playing barefooted if you have good kicking technique. I grew up playing soccer barefooted and never broke anything. Barefoot soccer does wonders with your footwork and ball control.
Ah right, kicking the ball with your toes isn't a very good strategy. Kicking it with, literally, your foot, is great tho.

Oct 17, 2022 12:07 PM

Aug 2018
its been aight so far

Oct 17, 2022 12:11 PM
Dec 2018
It'll be amazing soon
Oct 17, 2022 12:14 PM
Jun 2021
Paul_Foreign said:
SeishunPowah said:

Ah right, kicking the ball with your toes isn't a very good strategy. Kicking it with, literally, your foot, is great tho.

That’s right. Usually you would kick the ball with the instep (top of your foot) and some times for a quick poke of the ball you would use the ball of your foot (moving all your toes up). I’d like to see Bachira or somebody in BlueLock kicking with the ball of their foot while playing barefooted, that’d cool to see
Oct 17, 2022 4:24 PM

Feb 2021
LoreMasterDan said:
Kira complaining like an actual sore loser made me feel bad and not so bad as he was a worthy sacrifice to showcase what ideals you need to survive and become what Ego is trying to produce, good thing he's gone though dude would not have mixed well with them one bit.

Production is still consistent which I'm glad for so that's another plus for this series.

I am really digging this unusual pair of Bachira and Yoichi, they both seem like they're going to be good bros although I wouldn't put it past this series to break that possibility apart when the next test starts and I would not put it past Bachira not to try and pull a fast one on Yoichi either.

Yoichi also ended up moving up to Rank 274 but it he basically only went up one rank from where he was previously as 25 people were kicked out alongside Kira.

I am liking the new character Itoshi just because of his voice actor so I'm just assuming he'll be a person to watch out for in the future.

We were left on a cliffhanger of a press conference going on proclaiming the goal of Blue Lock and it's benefit to the future of Japan in the world cup, Itoshi did not like that one bit lmao

Very Solid follow up episode though.
So much more to come yet another week I will have to wait, time to read the manga then.

Kira suffering in life, RIP

Poor Kira. He didn't deserve such an outcome.
MissAnybody10 said:
5/5 I really like the part where the orange hair guy took off his shirt, very epic

Yes, he is so hot and sexy, I agree!

Great sport series! I like it!
Oct 17, 2022 11:53 PM
Aug 2020
animation is good, ed song is also good. and characters are also interesting
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2023

337 by PowerMadness »»
Apr 18, 3:57 PM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Tatsunami - Jan 21, 2023

170 by Fafutis »»
Apr 15, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2023

136 by stupidmongo »»
Apr 11, 10:30 AM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2022

759 by kiwikags »»
Mar 21, 8:43 PM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2023

132 by Ar1Bu »»
Mar 3, 7:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.