Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 7, 2022 5:14 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Publishing company Shodensha announced on Sunday that Yama Wayama's Onna no Sono no Hoshi (Hoshi of Girls' Garden) josei manga is receiving an original video anime. The third limited edition volume bundling the Blu-ray disc will go on sale on December 8.

The limited edition will only be available through pre-order. Reservations will be accepted in physical and online bookstores nationwide through September 20. The episode will have a duration of approximately 20 minutes.

Singer-songwriter Gen Hoshino (Yoru wa Mijikashi Arukeyo Otome) and voice actor Mamoru Miyano (Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited) are starring as Hoshi-sensei and Kobayashi-sensei, respectively.

Staff
Director: Mamoru Hatakeyama (Shinichi Omata) (Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu)
Script: Teruko Utsumi (Sarazanmai)
Character Design, Chief Animation Director: Naho Kozono (Bucchigire! sub-character design, Tsukipro The Animation chief animation director)
Color Design: Hitomi Sano (Sakamoto Desu ga?)
Art Director: Chieko Nakamura (Studio Cocolo) (Doukyuusei)
CG Director: Masaya Machida (Stimulus Image) (Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Tsuioku-hen)
Director of Photography: Hitoshi Tamura (Natsume Yuujinchou)
Editing: Masayuki Kurosawa (Shoujo☆Kageki Revue Starlight)
Music: Kei Haneoka (Kono Oto Tomare!)
Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa (Skate-Leading☆Stars)
Animation Producer: Masakazu Watanabe (Uchi Tama?! Uchi no Tama Shirimasen ka?)
Studio: Lapin Track

Wayama began drawing the comedy slice of life manga in Feel Young monthly magazine in January 2020. Shodensha published the second volume on May 8. The manga has a cumulative 1.2 million copies of its volumes in print.

Onna no Sono no Hoshi placed first and fifth in the female readers' category in the 2021 and 2022 editions of Kono Manga ga Sugoi! rankings. The manga was also nominated for the 14th and 15th Manga Taisho awards.

Synopsis
Hoshi-sensei, a Japanese language teacher at an all-girls school, is at the mercy of his students and colleagues. Students challenge him to their shiritori word games illustrated in their daily notes, convince him to bring a dog into the classroom, and seek his advice on becoming a manga artist, while colleagues drag him along on their rounds to the pub. Matter-of-fact interactions between a cast of unique characters make for an offbeat comedy. (Source: Japan Media Arts Festival, edited)

Manga special site: https://www.shodensha.co.jp/onnanosono_special/
Manga official Twitter: @onna_sono_Hoshi

Source: PR Times

Onna no Sono no Hoshi on MAL
VindstotAug 8, 2022 4:40 AM

Aug 7, 2022 5:50 PM

Apr 2012
The synopsis looks like it's an author's melodrama about the importance of teachers from the 90s.
Aug 7, 2022 6:57 PM
Aug 2021
Seems interesting enough
Aug 8, 2022 12:51 AM

Feb 2017
I will watch anything directed by Hatakeyama.
Aug 8, 2022 2:28 AM

Mar 2015
RobertBobert said:
The synopsis looks like it's an author's melodrama about the importance of teachers from the 90s.
there are nothing melodrama about this manga. it's purely deadpan gag series. i think the closest anime equivalent is Uramichi Oniisan but even more down to earth.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Aug 8, 2022 2:30 AM

Apr 2012
Kuma said:
RobertBobert said:
there are nothing melodrama about this manga. it's purely deadpan gag series. i think the closest anime equivalent is Uramichi Oniisan but even more down to earth.

I see young adult Japanese women love comedies with a central ikemen.
Aug 8, 2022 2:53 AM

Mar 2015
RobertBobert said:
Kuma said:

I see young adult Japanese women love comedies with a central ikemen.
yep, that's about it.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Aug 8, 2022 7:31 AM
Feb 2014
The synopsis doesn't sound interesting at all, to be honest, but it's got Mamoru Miyano as one of the main characters, so i think i'm going to have to check this one out afterall! The staff looks good as well and i really liked Uchi Tama?! from the same studio so....yeah.
My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Aug 9, 2022 5:03 AM

Dec 2020
I FUCKING WONNNNN!!!! yo this better be good im impulsively and naively setting up high expectations but Yo so so SO excited for this goddd please be a good adaptation

More topics from this board

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
13 minutes ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
3 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
4 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.