Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 1, 2022 1:55 AM

May 2020
Shes easily the most complex and by far the best character from Toradora! It shocks me how little favorites she has considering how popular the show actually is. The comedic aspect of her character is done extremely well, and the writers pull of the "tragic heroine" so well they had fans rooting for a side character.

I cant name many 10/10 characters, let alone 10/10 side characters, but Minorin is definitely one of them

Mod Edit: Thread locked for not encouraging discussion.

Anime Discussion Rules 2: Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage discussion.
KarinaraAug 19, 2022 3:41 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 1, 2022 1:59 AM

Aug 2018
Nah. She's pretty forgettable to be honest. Seemed to me almost as if instead of creating a believable character, the writers just threw darts to choose her personality quirks at random.
Aug 1, 2022 2:05 AM

Dec 2008
She was my favourite of the 3. But I don't really like the fact that she let that monster Taiga have Ryuuji, so I can't give her a 10/10.
Aug 1, 2022 2:07 AM
Jan 2022
Idk I think Ryuuji was better
Aug 1, 2022 2:08 AM
Jan 2022
Inko> everyone else
Aug 1, 2022 2:19 AM

Mar 2020
Saku_k said:
She was my favourite of the 3. But I don't really like the fact that she let that monster Taiga have Ryuuji, so I can't give her a 10/10.

Well she did it for Taiga because like ryuuji said only dragons can stand on equal grounds with tigers. So I'll become a dragon and then no matter what, I'll be strong enough to stand by you

And ryuuji was the only or with her the only person who could (more or less) control her so she sacrificed her feelings for her
πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡
Well that’s how I got it
Maybe I’m totally wrong about it but yeah

Jan 2022
CickNipolla said:
epidemia78 said:
Nah. She's pretty forgettable to be honest. Seemed to me almost as if instead of creating a believable character, the writers just threw darts to choose her personality quirks at random.

u got nagisa in favs talking about forgettable characters lololol

*facepalm (15 letter limit)

Jun 2019
she was a great side character and an amazing friend for sure. Her character added a lot more to the anime’s already great plot. She supported her friend no matter what and I wouldn’t mind having a friend like her :)
Aug 1, 2022 2:20 AM

Jul 2015
Her role in the story was just to be the MC's crush and him getting over it.
Kinda generic, because it was happening in every other romcoms from late 2000s to early 2010s, but she is an outliner by how well executed she was.
If you compare her to Yuusaku, which is supposedly the exact same character, but for Taiga, the difference like night and day.

Aug 1, 2022 2:21 AM

Mar 2020
CickNipolla said:
Shes easily the most complex and by far the best character from Toradora! It shocks me how little favorites she has considering how popular the show actually is. The comedic aspect of her character is done extremely well, and the writers pull of the "tragic heroine" so well they had fans rooting for a side character.

I cant name many 10/10 characters, let alone 10/10 side characters, but Minorin is definitely one of them

She was my favorite in toradora

After the palmtop tiger 🐯

Aug 1, 2022 2:40 AM
May 2022
AddisonsManga said:
Inko> everyone else

Thaaaaaaaaat is 🧒
Aug 1, 2022 2:52 AM
Mar 2021
Yeah. She is just as complex as characters like guts and casca from berserk, johan from monster, thorfinn from Vinland saga, punpun, Reinhard from legend of the galactic hero’s and phos from land of the lustrous

Come on my guy. U gotta watch more stuff that isn’t just romance or shonan if u think that’s the case πŸ’€πŸ’€
Aug 1, 2022 3:21 AM
May 2021
AddisonsManga said:
Inko> everyone else

spitting facts over here
Aug 1, 2022 3:25 AM
Jan 2022
jo_la_truite said:
AddisonsManga said:
Inko> everyone else

spitting facts over here

I know. I’m basically smart.
Aug 1, 2022 3:38 AM
May 2018
She's the best human character in the show, but out of every character Inko is clearly the only 10/10 character. He has insane development and is more complex than anything ever made. Some of the best characters in anime, like Lelouch or any Jojo character, wish that they were as good as Inko. Minori is a 9/10, but Inko is the only 10/10 character in Toradora
Aug 1, 2022 4:35 AM
Feb 2022
CickNipolla said:

well not really, cuz the way she handled things were confusing and easily forgettable. my favourite character would be yasuko
Aug 1, 2022 5:05 AM
Dec 2021
She was my least favorite. My favorite was Ami she's overhated
Aug 1, 2022 5:14 AM
Mar 2022
I liked her, though wouldn’t say she’s a 10/10, in all honesty her character really just reminds me of chika from love is war—-
Aug 1, 2022 5:23 AM
Jul 2021
24846 said:
Yeah. She is just as complex as characters like guts and casca from berserk, johan from monster, thorfinn from Vinland saga, punpun, Reinhard from legend of the galactic hero’s and phos from land of the lustrous

Come on my guy. U gotta watch more stuff that isn’t just romance or shonan if u think that’s the case πŸ’€πŸ’€

Those are all anime for old heads.
I agree with you that they are complex but a 10/10 character doesn't need to be just from those genres.
A romance anime can have a character that is 10/10 for the show.
Aug 1, 2022 5:34 AM
Jun 2021
I think the best character was Kawashima, she is in general a great character in the world of Anime.

To me, Minori seems like a forced attempt to create a heroine.
not a bad character, as every characters was kinda good. But I think Minori is a 6,5/10
Aug 1, 2022 6:05 AM
Sep 2021
TASM18 said:

based for having a Violet Evergarden pfp and Ami is best girl
Aug 1, 2022 6:39 AM

Jan 2021
She's my favorite character out of the main 5
Aug 1, 2022 6:45 AM
Mar 2021
Revaxiph said:
24846 said:

Those are all anime for old heads.
I agree with you that they are complex but a 10/10 character doesn't need to be just from those genres.
A romance anime can have a character that is 10/10 for the show.
right, but op said that she is complex. Come on my guy. And what genra is the ones I mentioned from? It’s a whole bunch. Dark fantasy, thriller, crime, sci fi. I know it can be from different genres. Even romance, like a silent voice for example. I would also say that berserk is a romance story at its core. Of course a complex character can exist in any genra
Aug 1, 2022 7:51 AM
Apr 2022
No to be honest if I had to rate her I’d say she’s maybe a 4/10 at most. Forgettable and is just so annoying when she is in a scene. I know you could argue that Taiga is annoying too and while she still is I feel like for me Minorin is worse.
Aug 1, 2022 8:05 AM
Aug 2021
Best of show but not 10/10 for reasons others have provided.
Aug 1, 2022 8:57 AM
Oct 2021
she's pretty cool. my favorite character is ryuuji but she's very interesting
Aug 1, 2022 9:10 AM
Jul 2022
BigJoe22 said:
No to be honest if I had to rate her I’d say she’s maybe a 4/10 at most. Forgettable and is just so annoying when she is in a scene. I know you could argue that Taiga is annoying too and while she still is I feel like for me Minorin is worse.

Then who do u like. Like Ami is any better..
Aug 1, 2022 9:11 AM
Jul 2022
I loved Minori. She was great. She isn’t as good as ryuji but I still loved her bc she gave up ryuji for taiga.
Aug 1, 2022 9:13 AM
Jul 2022
POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNING

For me, Minori was my favorite character, and I
think she deserved the world. Minori is hilarious, sweet, and most of all loyal. She literally put every need of Taiga above her own, including denying her feelings for Ryuji, so Taiga and him could be together. And not only does she deny something she’s been waiting for her entire life, she also gives the young couple all of the money she’s saved up. She’s a true friend, and her character is very complex. She sacrificed so much for Taiga and Ryuji, and our precious, little Minorin deserved so much more.
Aug 1, 2022 9:34 AM
Apr 2022
noochie said:
BigJoe22 said:

To be honest I wasn’t a big fan of the anime it was ok but that’s about it, none of the girls imo did a great job of standing out I’d say they are all just ok personally. However I do see why people like this anime, it’s just not one of my favourites not horrible tho.
Aug 1, 2022 9:53 AM
Mar 2012
I could maybe see Minori being a complex character, with the execution being completely off. Her role in the story as Ryuji's crush and Taiga's friend serves the story well enough, but I never empathized with Ryuji's attraction to her beyond her sometimes being funny. More screentime may have developed her more but a character like Ami ends up having the complexity I would've liked to see from Minori.
Aug 1, 2022 10:11 AM

Jul 2008
she was okay but honestly I had no idea that she actually liked ryuuji until the reveal at the end πŸ’€
Aug 1, 2022 10:16 AM
Jan 2021
Kawashima stans wya?
Aug 1, 2022 10:46 AM
Apr 2022
I kin Minori, so yes in my opinion 10/10
Aug 1, 2022 11:08 AM

May 2022
CickNipolla said:

When she fights through her tears to say: "My happiness can only be made by my own hands. My happiness doesn't depend on anyone but me!" I was on my feet shouting and cheering her on! Best girl of the show and not even close!
Aug 1, 2022 12:10 PM

May 2020
24846 said:

the classic " only watches shonen and doesnt understand anything outside it"

thorfinn and guts are not complex or 10/10 lol. johan is just generic villain aswell
Aug 1, 2022 1:21 PM
Apr 2022
AddisonsManga said:
Inko> everyone else

Absolutely agreed
Aug 1, 2022 1:25 PM
Apr 2022
TASM18 said:

I dont think so bro. if we look to character development ami was really good and looks like people liked it
Aug 1, 2022 1:27 PM
Apr 2022
BigJoe22 said:

Yes really annoying agreed
Aug 1, 2022 2:04 PM
Jun 2022
She was indeed 10/10 at least for me... honestly she should've been the one to stay with Ryuji, but she ended up sacrificing her feelings on behalf of Taiga's happiness, she deserved better.
Aug 1, 2022 2:06 PM
Jul 2022
She was an okay side character. I always thought Taiga was the best character, though.
Aug 1, 2022 2:07 PM

Aug 2018
Main thing I remember about her is the scene when the group is on vacation and her and Ryuji are having a little chat out on the deck of the beach house or whatever. I've watched the show twice and both times I was sitting there thinking to myself: "woman, what in the hell are you talking about?" to me it sounds as if she spews a bunch of peppy, optimistic nonsense. Now that I think about it, she's actually quite a lot like Subaru from Re:Zero. Both of these characters have a tendency to suddenly start giving motivational speeches that make no sense.

What I just typed makes me seem like a cynical person but I am not that at all. I do like upbeat, eccentric oddball anime characters. But there's such better examples than Minorin. Akari’s sappy lines actually have wisdom in them. Fuko’s quirky behavior is actually endearing. Urabe's "not like the other girls" mystique actually seems genuine.

And when it comes to fulfilling the role of "love rival" Hidaka actually makes me wonder who really is best girl after all. But there's just no question who is best girl in Toradora. It is 100% Taiga.
epidemia78Aug 1, 2022 2:14 PM
Aug 1, 2022 4:34 PM
Feb 2018
Nah she’s like a 7.5/10. Ami is closer in my book probably like a 9.5/10.
Aug 1, 2022 5:39 PM
Mar 2021
CickNipolla said:
24846 said:

thorfinn and guts are not complexlol. johan is just generic villain aswell
aint no way u said guts isn’t complex lol. I don’t know if your trolling or not. If u go on almost any thread and ask whose the most complex and well developed characters in anime/manga guts will prob be there
U gotta watch an analyse vid on these characters my guy cause I think watching all these romcoms made u miss literally everything all the shows I mentioned where going for
Aug 1, 2022 6:49 PM

May 2020
24846 said:
CickNipolla said:

thorfinn and guts are not complexlol. johan is just generic villain aswell
aint no way u said guts isn’t complex lol. I don’t know if your trolling or not. If u go on almost any thread and ask whose the most complex and well developed characters in anime/manga guts will prob be there
U gotta watch an analyse vid on these characters my guy cause I think watching all these romcoms made u miss literally everything all the shows I mentioned where going for

yess, there is probably someone who will be wrong and say that. there are always lots of wrong answers, some people will say naruto, some will say eren, they are just as wrong
Aug 1, 2022 8:47 PM
Mar 2021
CickNipolla said:
24846 said:

yess, there is probably someone who will be wrong and say that. there are always lots of wrong answers, some people will say naruto, some will say eren, they are just as wrong
someone? Bruh it’s majority of poeple. Could u explain to me why u think he isn’t a complex character?
Aug 2, 2022 12:54 AM
Oct 2019
Nah bro you tripping. She wasn't that deep and pretty forgetable.

Taiga was best IMO.
Aug 2, 2022 10:00 AM
Jul 2022
BigJoe22 said:
noochie said:

To be honest I wasn’t a big fan of the anime it was ok but that’s about it, none of the girls imo did a great job of standing out I’d say they are all just ok personally. However I do see why people like this anime, it’s just not one of my favourites not horrible tho.

I guess that’s fair. Agree to disagree
Aug 2, 2022 10:05 AM
Jul 2022
Pekyo said:
I think the best character was Kawashima, she is in general a great character in the world of Anime.

not a bad character, as every characters was kinda good. But I think Minori is a 6,5/10

Y the crap do u like Ami? She’s so rude and weird. She’s the worst character in the show other than taigas dad
Aug 2, 2022 10:34 AM
Jun 2021
noochie said:
Pekyo said:

Y the crap do u like Ami? She’s so rude and weird. She’s the worst character in the show other than taigas dad

ok I understand your perplexity,
Kawashima is rude and weird, true. Humans are weird and have flaws, she is a fairly complex character.
We are shown that she is used to adult behavior, therefore she is in the way she is. In general Kawashima is a character that stands out.

When talking about Minori I personally see a fictional heroine that have an innate sense of justice, people aren’t like her… and even if they are, she is not a clear character, in other words she is neither meat nor fish.
She is a good girl but I think she is not interesting.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 8, 2008

304 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hakkai - Oct 1, 2008

403 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:27 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

256 by Pelpav »»
Apr 22, 2:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.