Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Maid I Hired Recently Is Mysterious
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 31, 2022 3:08 PM

Jun 2019
Though the anime is in the genre of “romantic subtext” I can’t help but feel a bit bothered by their age gap. If the young master Yuuri were a bit older I think I wouldn’t mind but, not to overthink, the situations feel like child grooming (befriending and establishing an emotional connection with a minor, and sometimes the child's family, to lower the child's inhibitions with the objective of sexual abuse.)
The anime is cute, animations are great, scenarios are well made, we love a good old maid related anime with an adorable female lead. Everything is there for a masterpiece of an anime but the age gap? What’s your thoughts on their relationship and/or their age gap.
Jul 31, 2022 3:20 PM

Feb 2021
People who care about age gap in anime are really something else…

If anything this just makes the show better
Jul 31, 2022 3:41 PM

Jul 2015
It's not Twitter, bruh.
Most people here can discern reality from fiction. Especially since there is nothing sexual between the two and they seem more like siblings.
PiromyslJul 31, 2022 3:58 PM

Jul 31, 2022 3:42 PM

Apr 2016
Well, then you better not read the Black Butler manga ...
Jul 31, 2022 4:24 PM
Jul 2021
CielIsAWeeb said:
Though the anime is in the genre of “romantic subtext” I can’t help but feel a bit bothered by their age gap. If the young master Yuuri were a bit older I think I wouldn’t mind but, not to overthink, the situations feel like child grooming (befriending and establishing an emotional connection with a minor, and sometimes the child's family, to lower the child's inhibitions with the objective of sexual abuse.)
The anime is cute, animations are great, scenarios are well made, we love a good old maid related anime with an adorable female lead. Everything is there for a masterpiece of an anime but the age gap? What’s your thoughts on their relationship and/or their age gap.

You say you give high ratings but give barely any 10s and then you say that this would be a masterpiece if not for the age gap when even with the age gaps its an 8 at most. You should really take a step back a look at how you rate anime or change your profile bio
Jul 31, 2022 4:43 PM
Mar 2022
Okay no one cares.
Jul 31, 2022 4:44 PM

Jun 2019
KingPeaceM2 said:
CielIsAWeeb said:

You say you give high ratings but give barely any 10s and then you say that this would be a masterpiece if not for the age gap when even with the age gaps its an 8 at most. You should really take a step back a look at how you rate anime or change your profile bio

After watching the second episode I took it down to a 6 might’ve not loaded yet, and it isn’t really your place to judge/criticize me and my opinions. All I said was the age gap bothered me a bit that doesn’t make it a bad anime you clearly haven’t read/turned a blind eye to the rest of my post praising the anime.
Jul 31, 2022 4:50 PM
Jul 2021
CielIsAWeeb said:
KingPeaceM2 said:

After watching the second episode I took it down to a 6 might’ve not loaded yet, and it isn’t really your place to judge/criticize me and my opinions. All I said was the age gap bothered me a bit that doesn’t make it a bad anime you clearly haven’t read/turned a blind eye to the rest of my post praising the anime.
I read what you said and my point is that even if you turn a blind eye to the age gap, this anime is nowhere near a masterpiece. Also, I'm not criticizing how you rate anime, I'm criticizing the fact that you say you give high ratings but just do not in any shape or form.
Jul 31, 2022 4:53 PM
Nov 2019
MadanielFL said:

Yeah fr it doesn’t matter about age it’s fiction totally agree with you
Jul 31, 2022 5:21 PM
Oct 2020
what’s the maid’s age please I need an answer
Jul 31, 2022 5:54 PM
Sep 2017
I assume she is probably in her teens, so age wise its not really far. But i wont worry about it since im sure she is not a bad person, i think there is a reason why she is there, i bet you it has something to do with the parents.
NotTrying2BLazyJul 31, 2022 8:44 PM

Jul 31, 2022 6:22 PM

Jul 2016
CielIsAWeeb said:

you're saying it as if its a bad thing, I mean its the female who is older and I hope the age gap is bigger than I think it is

frankly, I would like it if Japan learned a bit from Korean Manhua how to make an acceptable age gap romance

but this is fine too for as long as the girl is the older one, I mean we dude all wishes if we can be that young guy now.
Jul 31, 2022 9:36 PM

Feb 2011
check out this pog idea
maybe if you're bothered

just dont watch it? Wow! Crazy!

Jul 31, 2022 11:15 PM
Apr 2021
Well obviously it’s inappropriate that’s kind’ve the point. Older women with young boys is a thing in anime this show didn’t start it and its not like people don’t know not to do that in real life.
Jul 31, 2022 11:23 PM
Sep 2021
Swagernator said:
Well, then you better not read the Black Butler manga ...

Even the anime ( Which isn't canon except for the movies and S3 ) have many shota/yaoi fanservice
Jul 31, 2022 11:50 PM
Jul 2021
People have gotten a bit too sensitive on this app lately. Age gap in fiction matters as much as a piece of turd on the sidewalk.
Aug 1, 2022 12:15 AM

Apr 2016
DrBalls said:
matters as much as a piece of turd on the sidewalk.

Tell that to the people who lives in Los Angeles.
Aug 1, 2022 6:23 AM
Mar 2021
chill it's a show

enjoy
the
SHOW
Aug 1, 2022 7:39 AM
Feb 2015
I don't really care because it's an anime. Yeah, I was curious about their ages but it's fictional. Anime used to have so many age gaps in their series and no one cared. Now it feels like everyone is trying to cancel anime for dumb shit, like fanservice and age gaps and whatnot (not you specifically, just ppl in general)
Aug 1, 2022 9:48 AM
Sep 2020
CielIsAWeeb said:

Fuck off dude, go bitch about this garbage on twitter not here
Aug 1, 2022 10:01 AM

Jul 2017
We need to protect Yuuri at all costs! I can't believe I didn't take this seriously. Who do we call, OP???

Aug 1, 2022 10:06 AM

Jan 2020
master seems to be all alone. no mama no daddy jus a hot boobilicious maid. I see no problem , I see opportunity
Aug 1, 2022 10:39 AM
Sep 2021
after reading abit of the manga, the age gap is only implied to be about 3-4 years sooo I don't see a problem
Aug 1, 2022 3:11 PM

May 2022
The whole premise is a young boy’s fantasy: living alone in a mansion without parents or grownups and only a sexy maid to care for me! So since it is such an outrageous fantasy, it’s hard to worry about the age gap. You might say the age gap is the whole point of the show.
Aug 1, 2022 3:21 PM
Jul 2021
*SPOILERS FROM THE MANGA SO IF YOU DONT WANT A SPOILER THEN DONT READ*
There’s a flashback of a scene where the maid visited the mansion when his parents were still alive, the kid looked like 4 or 5 and the maid looked 13. I’d say the age gap could be 5 years at the lowest or 10 years at the highest, so she’s definitely not in her 20’s or anything.
Aug 1, 2022 8:45 PM
Sep 2017
That kid is really lucky. Age gap wise, the maid is in her teens since we see a bit of Spoiler in the opening of them meeting together when they were younger so not that far. Plus his a chad, he gets the maid blushing most of the time, so his in control of the situation.

Aug 1, 2022 9:17 PM

Mar 2014
you do know that theres a genre called shota love right?
Aug 1, 2022 10:59 PM
May 2021
DrBalls said:
People have gotten a bit too sensitive on this app lately. Age gap in fiction matters as much as a piece of turd on the sidewalk.

I'd have so many questions, I think a turd on the sidewalk would matter more, like how did it get there? Who squatted 9n the sidewalk and left it there? Did they do it in broad daylight? So many questions man
Aug 2, 2022 4:20 AM
Oct 2018
And why am I not surprised by this post? The Twitter generation really likes to push their "age gap" agenda at every corner. Japanese are "pedos" by the western standards, get used to it.
Sep 5, 2022 4:50 PM

Jul 2016
MyOwnGod said:
And why am I not surprised by this post? The Twitter generation really likes to push their "age gap" agenda at every corner. Japanese are "pedos" by the western standards, get used to it.

well, once the world settle down it's time to create new problems, welcome to reality everyone

ButtSlapper said:
you do know that theres a genre called shota love right?

but not enough straight shota content
Sep 17, 2022 6:44 PM
May 2017
Episode 8 answers the age-gap question and the fact Yuuri and Lilith love each other.

In my opinion, yes, it is an age-gap relationship.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Sep 17, 2022 6:59 PM

May 2021
The age gap doesn't matter much tbh. It's garbage with or without it.

Sep 17, 2022 11:05 PM
Tatakae
Feb 2020
If there was no age gap things that would normally fly over his head wouldn’t and the show wouldn’t work. The age gap is what makes the show better tbh.
Sep 18, 2022 12:03 AM
Sep 2018
CielIsAWeeb said:

I don’t think there’s a big age gap. 3-4 years at most ! It’s normal to me. My gf is 5 years older than me.
Sep 18, 2022 5:30 AM

Mar 2013
You: Age does matter, as long as it's legal.
Others: Age doesn't matter, as long as there's love in it.
Me: ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Sep 18, 2022 7:45 AM

Feb 2014
you really came to the wrong neighborhood kiddo
Sep 18, 2022 7:09 PM
Nov 2012
Yeah I was little concerned to but I don't think its like beyond 5 or 4 years so its fine.
Oct 9, 2022 9:56 PM
Jul 2017
I bet you guys also play Genshin Impact ...
Oct 10, 2022 4:51 AM
Tatakae
Feb 2020
Age gap makes it better, if he was any older her jokes wouldn’t fly over his head. He also wouldn’t say such embarrassing things, take the age gap away 90% of the anime is gone.
Oct 27, 2022 9:28 AM

Sep 2012
comment in the wiki: No need to worry anymore... it is confirmed in the anime that she is not too much older than him (prob 5-7)

Piromysl said:
It's not Twitter, bruh.
Most people here can discern reality from fiction. Especially since there is nothing sexual between the two and they seem more like siblings.

its innocent yes but not like siblings, its clear as day they have romantic feelings for each other so i cant say that they are like siblings :D

once its getting romantic they are no longer like siblings
Sugram22Oct 27, 2022 9:38 AM
Nov 4, 2022 1:50 AM

Oct 2008
I love the age gap, their relationship is smart in how it's portrayed. He's honest to a fault, she tries to act mature, but ends up embarrassed, every time.
The part about grooming, you mentioned is fun to consider, but irrelevant. Because the female lead looses control as soon as she tries to establish it. The MC is relentless in his honesty and throws her off her game. Her "game" isn't even solid enough to call it as such.
Sep 26, 2023 11:44 AM

Aug 2017
Reply to MadanielFL

@MadanielFL yeah, it was a unique show.

Can't believe people get worked up about it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saikin Yatotta Maid ga Ayashii Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2022

56 by Taha10kazmi »»
Apr 18, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Saikin Yatotta Maid ga Ayashii Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2022

72 by MeanEYE »»
Apr 6, 6:11 PM

» Manga ends in 2024 with the 8th volumne

mironicus - Oct 20, 2023

5 by mironicus »»
Mar 22, 9:00 AM

Poll: » Saikin Yatotta Maid ga Ayashii Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2022

44 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Mar 14, 7:53 AM

Poll: » Saikin Yatotta Maid ga Ayashii Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2022

132 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 6, 3:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.