Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2022 3:27 AM

Jul 2017
The match against Hojo High and the strongholds of Shuji Okazaki and Tetsuya Arimura, Yokohama Minato face an upward battle, with Matsuda being the first casualty to experiment on his madman playing styles. Needless to say, a loss is a loss, but to win this strong monster, Mizushima would have to try things differently and follow advices given.

The matches that Okazaki can win are opponents distraught mentally, and Mizushima felt the crunch, though the game thereafter he won with his own tenacity and not following Okazaki's lead to eventually play against Yusa, which he is a different beast on his own.

Okazaki is right when he mentions that Mizushima is a stranger to the world of badminton competition, and even until now, still hasn't got his mojo to face even his own team's strongholds with Yusa and Yokokawa.

Time has stopped for Mizushima, and getting it back is a big hurdle.
Jul 30, 2022 6:35 AM

Oct 2009
It's not only that the pacing's absolutely atrocious, going from first round all the way to finals in less than an episode... It's also slideshows, and not only slideshows but simply narrating in a sentence or two what happens, telling instead of showing. I don't mind when sports anime focus more on the drama/slice-of-life aspects, but golly, there's ways to make it less painful and obnoxious.
Jul 30, 2022 7:05 AM

Jun 2021
I feel like Matsuda should have had that game against that loudmouth dummy. I guess they just needed him to lose so Ryo could have his big moment, which never really came because once he stopped getting psyched out he shaped up and crushed that dude. Kind of anticlimactic there. I don’t know how much raw enthusiasm or willpower compares to actual talent. That guy’s mental game was strong though, I’ll give him that.

I think what everyone means by how Mizushima doesn’t know what it means to compete could be that he doesn’t have that “killer instinct” when he plays. Those other guys are putting everything on the line every match, I guess Mizushima is lacking that kind of intensity.
Jul 30, 2022 9:15 AM
Sep 2015
This episode has a better, if not the best animation quality in Love All Play, but they skip a lot of the battle scene. The pace is very fast to the point that it might cover 3 years of highschool instead of 2 years. Is it a good thing? I've to witness the end before answering that.

Anyway, I kinda like this Okazaki guy. He's my type of "all brawn and no brain" guy. Like a beast, like a wild animal, he'll make a good husband.

I notice Yusa and Ryou becoming much closer. I think they meet behind the scene very ofter, probably because Yusa might dating with Ryou's big sister right now, and that's why Ryou said to Yusa that his sister will be coming. Yusa also give an honest advice to Ryou, he never take Ryou seriously like this before. I also like when the twin make a gay joke about Ryou and Yusa are dating, I hope it's not just a joke since they've a potential to be dating for real.
Jul 30, 2022 2:23 PM

May 2021
A good episode by this anime's standards placing believeable and huge hurdles in his path. Curious to see how it resolves itself.

Jul 30, 2022 9:37 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
yikes who said its good adding those cringe red and blue zone effect or whatever the hell was that meaning? not to mention seeing Ryo drastic change of mood, or whatever wind shit allegory mean, from zero to hero then out of the blue back to zero with good impression base kinda wore off me almost. although if i can think slightly rational about the show, its actually precisely understandable for this kind of mediocrity. but man, not just that bad, if i can be honest here....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 31, 2022 8:36 AM

Oct 2008
and i thought Mizushima could now go toe-to-toe against Yusa but i guess not since Mizushima surely improved, of course Yusa would also improve that's why there's still a gap!
5/5.

Jul 31, 2022 9:52 AM

Nov 2013
this episode was kinda boring not gonna lie

at least the big guy was fun to watch with him going full energy on every move, but he went ahead and got tired cause of that exact playstyle lol
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Aug 1, 2022 1:13 AM

May 2017
well that ending was sad as hell. I love Mizushima so much šŸ˜­ I don't want to see him owned three times in one episode wtf even tearing up at the end?? ugh my heart
Aug 3, 2022 4:10 AM
Jan 2020
why am I still torturing myself watching this shit

this is just ridiculously bland
Oct 5, 2022 9:34 AM

Feb 2021
He got a mental breakdown. It will be hard to be recovered.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 11, 7:51 PM

Jan 2012
And matsuda's "development" from the last episode meant absolutely nothing lmao. This anime really casts aside all other characters in favor of mizushima, which makes sense to some extent considering he's the mc, but here it's too much. It might be an issue with the pacing, but it's like his abilities came out of nowhere and he became an amazing player too fast, but now he's back to square one. Honestly I couldn't care less about him, he's incredibly bland and overhyped by the story

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love All Play Episode 16 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jul 23, 2022

9 by baahsu »»
Apr 11, 7:44 PM

Poll: » Love All Play Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 11, 2022

15 by baahsu »»
Apr 11, 7:37 PM

Poll: » Love All Play Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 7, 2022

11 by Patovec »»
May 3, 2023 10:00 AM

Poll: » Love All Play Episode 23 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 17, 2022

12 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Feb 15, 2023 3:44 PM

Poll: » Love All Play Episode 24 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 24, 2022

31 by CG »»
Feb 12, 2023 10:17 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.