Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 14, 2022 12:54 AM
Jun 2022
He's focusing on Operation Strix, so he isn't really paying much attention to Yor
Jul 14, 2022 5:35 AM
Aug 2021
loid is a cool spy~
Jul 14, 2022 5:49 AM

Dec 2012
Comedy is not for you
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jul 14, 2022 5:54 AM
Nov 2018
TRUE, he makes so many stupid decisions it’s insane. Like at this point, he should’ve figure out that’s something is up with anya and she has given him plenty of reason to think that, but the show doesn’t acknowledge it at all.
Jul 14, 2022 5:59 AM
Nov 2018
Mashuu1 said:
You aren't wrong but I don't think it matters.
I think it does matter. It undermines Loid’s intelligence. He is suppose to be the greatest spy ever and good at reading people, but he misses all the slip ups made by anya and yor.
Jul 14, 2022 9:00 AM

Aug 2018
someone fire this loid guy
Jul 14, 2022 3:44 PM
Aug 2020
ayaan692 said:
Ljwatson11 said:
You don’t have to be an assassin to know pressure points anyone can learn them and pretty easily, Liking weapons doesn’t make you an assassin I love katana’s but I’m not an assassin

be honest with yourself shouldnt a decent spy figure out if he is living with an assassin? specially when the assassin is terrible at hiding it.

there are like 10 more hints like yor playing with her knife at the resturant or her listing up all the ways how people die in the mock interview etc.

there is no way around to hide this plothole unless they admit loid is a very bad spy

Maybe loid is a chuuni after all
Jul 14, 2022 4:00 PM
Jul 2018
Because of it being a comedy things like that are more accepted and can in-fact play into making it more entertaining. Seeing a professional spy just be unfazed by the most obvious of signs is funny to me, but maybe not to others.
Jul 14, 2022 5:57 PM

Aug 2017
I think him not realizing it is the entire point. Anya would have probably told him if Yor really had it out for him.

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Jul 14, 2022 9:10 PM

Jan 2021
Ok, but this was obvious when he can't figure out that Yor is a superhuman nor know she is an assassin despite living in the same apartment. Still the best character in the show because everyone else is so lame.
Jul 15, 2022 5:26 AM

Oct 2020
at first i found that quite infuriating, but as i kept reading the manga, i found its not that annoying when the story is more focused on other things like comedy and Anya
Jul 15, 2022 1:20 PM

Nov 2019
J_Tea said:
Because of it being a comedy things like that are more accepted and can in-fact play into making it more entertaining. Seeing a professional spy just be unfazed by the most obvious of signs is funny to me, but maybe not to others.

Well, I indeed don't prefer the way Operation Stryx is held as a milking cow, starting with the unrealised Chevkov's gun at the end of 1st and 2nd episode. Them raising a flag just for a laugh at the grenade pin, is a move that will be further wasting people's taxes, just like why the high command didn't come to the consideration of infiltrating into the potential menace's headquarter. Also, it's not that I was fully against the Slice-of-Life element, but it could have been portrayed better with Loid actually playing his undercover identity of a real psychologist, instead of being laid bare as an action hero (for laugh, which isn't funny as with Johnny English), so as to insert the symbolism of labour, making a family of your own and self-discipline, for example.
SgtBateManJul 15, 2022 1:44 PM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Jul 16, 2022 12:48 AM

Jun 2015
One theory is that since Loid has grown up in very unique circumstances, he himself is unique and exaggerated to a degree, so he doesn’t notice when things are unordinary because it may just be “normal” to him.

Ofc he’s proven to be very observant and notices when things are off during his mission, but he lets his guard down when he’s at home with Yor + Anya because they do just seem like a regular family at glance
Jul 16, 2022 3:15 AM
Apr 2020
ixaa said:
One theory is that since Loid has grown up in very unique circumstances, he himself is unique and exaggerated to a degree, so he doesn’t notice when things are unordinary because it may just be “normal” to him.

Ofc he’s proven to be very observant and notices when things are off during his mission, but he lets his guard down when he’s at home with Yor + Anya because they do just seem like a regular family at glance

well these traits would exactly make him a very bad spy when he cant even differentiate between whats normal and whats not.

also i dont think even loid considers yor obessesion of weapons/killing very normal
Jul 16, 2022 3:16 AM
Apr 2020
Remocracy said:
I think him not realizing it is the entire point. Anya would have probably told him if Yor really had it out for him.

what is the point exactly? pls elaborate
Jul 16, 2022 3:18 AM
Apr 2020
Oddably said:
He's focusing on Operation Strix, so he isn't really paying much attention to Yor

yor is an integral part of this operation though so he should pay more attention.
Jul 16, 2022 3:21 AM
Apr 2020
mwinner said:
Of course he is, the show is a comedy.

i have heard this excuse many times

"its just a comedy"

honestly i believed spy x family is more story oriented and not just a blind comedy like you all are portraying to defend a very obvious plot armour.

this isnt a pure gag comedy like for example saiki where everything goes. im pretty sure you are aware of that so that excuse wont work
Jul 16, 2022 3:24 AM
Apr 2020
Belarabi said:
i think him not figuring out yor's secret identity despite is so obvious is for comic relief

i dont think they were going for an intentional joke here like "haha look how stupid loid is he cant even figure out she is an assasin."
this is an unintentional plot armour that happened because of lazy writing.
Jul 16, 2022 3:06 PM

Jun 2015
ayaan692 said:
ixaa said:

well these traits would exactly make him a very bad spy when he cant even differentiate between whats normal and whats not.

also i dont think even loid considers yor obessesion of weapons/killing very normal

Nah not necessarily because he’s very observant in missions and stuff. Just not at home.

Man code switches lmao
Jul 17, 2022 11:46 PM

Nov 2013
ayaan692 said:
Oddably said:

yor is an integral part of this operation though so he should pay more attention.

He did pay more attention after Yuri visited them - and that happened because Loid had a perfectly reasonable suspicion she could be hiding her involvement with secret police. Loid never questions Yor being an assassin, nor does he question her strength and agility - also because of perfectly legit reasons. For him to question whether she's an assassin or not is unfounded and makes 0 sense.

You apparently have no understanding of what a "comedy" is to be honest. Gags don't necessarily have to be downright stupid and extreme like in 'Nichijou".

I've already said this on this very thread. "Normal", "Best" are defined differently in this world. Applying real-life logic and definitions is just dumb.

Yor has superhuman strength, Loid is seen having superhuman speed. People like you who have problems differentiating fiction from reality, are too concerned with realism, even though a comedy tag should've been enough to prepare you for some stupid, unrealistic, illogical stuff. Comedy shows are bound to sacrifice realism. In other words, a viewer shouldn't take such shows seriously.

What is considered "superhuman" and "unrealistic" in real life, is perfectly real in this fictional world. What Loid and Yor do is certainly nor normal even by the standards of this FICTIONAL world, but those skills and powers are certainly attainable by other humans too - after vigorous training. Loid and Yor aren't some X-men or superheroes from Marvel universe. They're humans who have trained to become strong and fast. In other words, Loid seeing Yor knocking out a bull, or her jumping down the slope to catch a thief is not throwing as much red flags as it should've in REAL WORLD. In REAL WORLD, a truly BEST SPY would question whether Yor is human, rather than question whether she's an assassin or not.

Speaking of assassins. It's mindboggling how you assume Loid should've realized Yor's an assassin. Even in real world, if someone's a pro martial artists, doesn't mean they're some secret agent or an assassin in disguise. If someone's seemingly obsessed with sharp weapons, it doesn't mean they're an assassin in disguise - they're just some weirdo. It makes more sense for Loid to see Yor as a tough weirdo, rather than a professional killer.

BTW, Yor's assassins group is mythical. They basically don't exist and don't leave traces of their existence. Loid has NO REASON to investigate Yor who's a tough weirdo he needs for the mission. She's gullible, she sucks at pretty much everything she does, and most importantly - her profile is clean! Even by the logic of this fictional world, it's very unlikely someone like her can be an assassin. After the investigation Loid did on her after Yuri's visit, Loid is left with no reasons to investigate her any further. Not until he witnesses her doing something that is ACTUALLY considered suspicious by this fictional world's standards.
Sigmar-UnberogenJul 17, 2022 11:57 PM
Jul 18, 2022 3:43 AM
Jun 2021
anya solos lol 😆 but i mean his not the worst hes good i think its just hard when u have a "family" that is watching u so he had to sct innocent even tho his " wife " does the same
Jul 19, 2022 3:05 PM

Feb 2018
He is a good spy. Loid not knowing about Yor is just for plot/story convenience. Don't take a comedy show so seriously.
Jul 19, 2022 8:18 PM

May 2022
Love makes you blind.
I've been having these weird thoughts lately
Like, is any of this for real or not ?
Jun 12, 2023 12:24 AM

Apr 2013
Yeah, that's something that bothers me a bit. But not enough to actually diminish my enjoyment of the show.
Jun 22, 2023 4:31 PM
Apr 2020
Gator said:
Yeah, that's something that bothers me a bit. But not enough to actually diminish my enjoyment of the show.
yeah i dont really care about this series anymore. pretty sure many others dropped it aswell. have fun enjoying it though.
Mar 13, 12:08 PM

Feb 2019
Reply to JohnGuy
TRUE, he makes so many stupid decisions it’s insane. Like at this point, he should’ve figure out that’s something is up with anya and she has given him plenty of reason to think that, but the show doesn’t acknowledge it at all.
@JohnGuy it's easier for him to overthink or question the situation instead of finding out the truth. 🤷‍♀️

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2022

402 by Fenc »»
Apr 24, 11:13 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

490 by Aleesaa »»
Apr 22, 12:16 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2022

320 by boumboumboum »»
Apr 9, 5:52 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2022

247 by nyxzded »»
Apr 9, 2:42 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2022

643 by SephiHakubi »»
Mar 31, 6:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.