Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Saga of Tanya the Evil (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 28, 2022 10:23 AM
Nov 2021
So I watched the first season and I'm 30 minutes into the movie and man the Republic just kinda sits there and let themselves get cuck'd huh? I mean they literally just sit there and do nothing. No strategies no game plan they just sit there on the battlefield get shot and it's all so one sided. That's one thing about the show that bothered me was how weak and stupid the Republic is.
Jun 28, 2022 10:39 AM
Feb 2021
Almost everyone is stupid comparing to Tanya, tbh. The current world she's kinda like a template of Earth's WW1, which she has a vast knowledge from her previous life as a tall af salaryman.

Not all countries have resources, as you can see even today with all that USA/RUS bullsh8 IRL. It's just basically a portrait of our world but with magic and Sonzai X. Don't wanna give spoilers but Republic will open their eyes soon...

LN is very deep about that. S1 and Movie cuts and change some stuff. I highly recommend to check out the manga. It's the perfect balance of the deepness of LN and the stuff that was throwed out off the S1/Movie.
xyzaimesJun 28, 2022 10:42 AM
Jun 28, 2022 10:43 AM
Oct 2008
Well Republic is France so it is no diffrent from WWI.
EDIT: i was refering to post about red trousers not first post here. I am aware of France being no. 1 country during WWI.
GagarinJun 20, 2023 1:48 AM
Jun 28, 2022 11:18 AM
Oct 2019
Well Republic is not sitting, they are actually moving according to their strategies which is vey common or generic strategy in their world whereas tanya is sharing her knowledge from earth to her military, which is very effective against Republic and they look like they are being one sidely butchered.
Jun 28, 2022 11:24 AM
Feb 2022
It's not as if they'll show us the strategies of the Republic when the shows focus point is Tanya. It's a 12ep show so showing strategies from both sides all the time will prolong it. Buh they did do that in the movie after Tanya broadcasted her anthem to the whole country whilst destroying it. I think that was the only struggle point I can recall in the entire series
Jun 28, 2022 12:31 PM
Nov 2021
Kamaaldweeb said:
It's not as if they'll show us the strategies of the Republic when the shows focus point is Tanya. It's a 12ep show so showing strategies from both sides all the time will prolong it. Buh they did do that in the movie after Tanya broadcasted her anthem to the whole country whilst destroying it. I think that was the only struggle point I can recall in the entire series

I just finished watching the movie and while I thought it was really good the whole singing n shit I thought was insanely stupid
Jun 28, 2022 2:08 PM
Jan 2022
Kasutoro-Kun said:
Kamaaldweeb said:

I just finished watching the movie and while I thought it was really good the whole singing n shit I thought was insanely stupid

That scene was them singing the Empires anthem over the capital of the Federation as a way to humiliate them
Jun 28, 2022 2:12 PM
Nov 2021
japanenjoyer said:
Kasutoro-Kun said:

That scene was them singing the Empires anthem over the capital of the Federation as a way to humiliate them

I knew what they were trynna do but then singing and bringing out a camera to record it is goofy. The enemy already looks weak and I already can't take them seriously but doing that in wrestling terms is burying them. I understand she's suppose to be super smart and when I say they stand there and let themselves get shot there's literal scenes of people getting shot at and they're standing there like 😱 like bro fight back lmao that's a huge problem for me in the show
Jun 28, 2022 4:02 PM
Sep 2020
Well, it’s anime so yea, they’re probably dumb as stones.
Jun 28, 2022 6:08 PM
Nov 2021
ukambe said:
Almost everyone is stupid comparing to Tanya, tbh. The current world she's kinda like a template of Earth's WW1, which she has a vast knowledge from her previous life as a tall af salaryman.

Not all countries have resources, as you can see even today with all that USA/RUS bullsh8 IRL. It's just basically a portrait of our world but with magic and Sonzai X. Don't wanna give spoilers but Republic will open their eyes soon...

LN is very deep about that. S1 and Movie cuts and change some stuff. I highly recommend to check out the manga. It's the perfect balance of the deepness of LN and the stuff that was throwed out off the S1/Movie.

I read that in Froppys voice 💀
Jun 29, 2022 1:49 AM
Feb 2021
SawsyMikey said:
ukambe said:

hahahahah lol! Also, Tanya and Tsuyu are voiced by the same person...Aoi Yūki! I didn't had any idea because they don't sound anything alike!

My German Frog Academia 🤝
Jun 29, 2022 4:11 AM
Nov 2021
ukambe said:
SawsyMikey said:

hahahahah lol! Also, Tanya and Tsuyu are voiced by the same person...Aoi Yūki! I didn't had any idea because they don't sound anything alike!

My German Frog Academia 🤝
its the same thing for the dub xD
Jun 29, 2022 7:13 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
Kasutoro-Kun said:
So I watched the first season and I'm 30 minutes into the movie and man the Republic just kinda sits there and let themselves get cuck'd huh? I mean they literally just sit there and do nothing. No strategies no game plan they just sit there on the battlefield get shot and it's all so one sided. That's one thing about the show that bothered me was how weak and stupid the Republic is.

Yea as others have said - Tanya is primarily based off ww1 with the republic being most closely french.

WW1 being the war where we continually used horses to move artillery - The war where we had cavalry charges against gun lines - The war where we all died in self dug trenches with with chlorine gas for months on end.

Tanya is accurate to the absurdity of war - It may seem ridiculous but then again, that's kinda just real life in the time period😅😕.
Dec 4, 2022 4:24 PM
Dec 2010
I'm still waiting for a new season. Can't wait!
Someone believe I hv Fantasy Prone Personality, in short, FPP.
So I decided to live up to it, Yay!
Dec 7, 2022 5:49 AM

Apr 2013
Not sure what you're talking about. Until the rotating door strategy that ends up knocking them out of the war, the Republic (AKA not France) is actually heavily pressuring Not-Germany and slowly wining on their side (because not Germany has to fight on several side). Then they bully the German side in the desert until Not-Rommel get the help of Tanya, as well. And even after that, it's still not enough for Not-Germany to win that part of the war.

Gagarin said:
Well Republic is France so it is no different from WWI.

Pretty sure that you have close to 0 knowledge of WW1 if you say that. France was the most important contributor ally side to the final win. They've got solo wins that heavily weighted to the final victory as well, like the longest battle in History to this point (Verdun). They held the western front almost only by themselves until 1916, and still were counting for 60% of the troops west side until the end after that. The Germans were seeing the British side of the western front as being the weak point in the west, and the only reason they did not exploit it was because they learned very quickly that trying to exploit it without first finding a way to stop the French from assisting the British side would just end in failure. Except that they never managed to pin down the French side enough to do it, in 4 years.

Jun 19, 2023 4:33 AM

Apr 2020
Gagarin said:

Are you American by any chance? If you were to open a history book you’d know that France won WW1.. the only useful help they received was from England.
I don't know how signatures work

Jun 20, 2023 4:22 AM
Oct 2008
EstebanOD said:
Gagarin said:

Are you American by any chance? If you were to open a history book you’d know that France won WW1.. the only useful help they received was from England.

Uff no need to be so harsh! There was post about red trousers, which was historically correct. I didn't read LN but I hope that we will have french Tanya later.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2017

218 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 25, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2017

313 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 11:58 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2017

448 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 11:41 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2017

291 by Phixiately »»
Apr 24, 8:26 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

147 by Phixiately »»
Apr 22, 9:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.