Forum Settings
Forums

New Geass Anime GAIDEN Bokoku no Akito Revealed [Update Jan 5]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Feb 4, 2011 3:49 PM

Dec 2009
OMG I m a big fan of CG R1 and R2 a big big fan but lets face it CG was a character driven story there is only one Lelouch and there will only be one. I saw the characters looks like a school life anime I hope for the best but if the CG staff messes this one up its like
But what would make me angry the most is if they make a Lelouch clone just thinking about it makes me angry.
I hope it all goes well but hope dies last
Feb 4, 2011 10:35 PM

Aug 2010
I get what Bl4ckEnvy saying im really worried about this new code geass season i mean it ended so well and i love code geass its the only anime i have ever rated a 10 and completly rewatched 3 times. Its my favorite anime so i hope this new season isn't crap im really not expecting much from it i just hope it doesn't suck and butcher the code geass name. And what would make me angry would be this new characters geass power if he even has one i hope that code geass still has geass powers and they use them in awesome and smart ways like lelouch did.
DON'T MAKE CODE GEASS GAIDEN SUCK AND RUIN CODE GEASS IF IT BLOWS YOU MIGHT AS WELL NOT EVEN MAKE IT
Feb 8, 2011 2:54 PM
Feb 2011
alexcampos said:
Fai said:
I smell a cash-in. Sunrise sure is trying to milk CG for all its worth. WE will see on what its worth when its released, but for now the hopes of anything good coming off from this are low. Geass story ended perfectly in S2.

Yes, I agree fully with this...

Code Geass has officially been made into Gundam with idiotic spin-offs and nonsense storylines that are of no use whatsoever.

For me CODE GEASS ended with episode 25 of season 2, we don't need this, and I believe this does more harm than good to the CG series.

Honestly, I don't understand why you care then. If you like it where it ended at Season 2, then leave it at that. Don't watch the next one?

There are millions of stories out there you could go and watch/read about instead.

Reminds me of all those Star Wars Fanboys begging for no more remakes. No one is forcing them to watch the remakes lol, like the old version? Don't watch the new one. Simple!
Feb 8, 2011 4:06 PM

Jul 2010
The character design seems to be alot better. They kept the same style but the new looks are really attractive:) Hope that goes the same with the storyline
Feb 12, 2011 1:18 PM

Apr 2010
does anybody know about the air date? when will the anime be aired?
Feb 12, 2011 6:52 PM
Jan 2011
Bleetz said:
Honestly, I don't understand why you care then. If you like it where it ended at Season 2, then leave it at that. Don't watch the next one?

There are millions of stories out there you could go and watch/read about instead.

Reminds me of all those Star Wars Fanboys begging for no more remakes. No one is forcing them to watch the remakes lol, like the old version? Don't watch the new one. Simple!

I, too, agree with you. It's the same with dubs and subs, imo. I usually prefer to watch subs, so I choose not to watch the dubs. I don't see why people care if companies license and dub certain anime. -shrug-
desolatoFeb 27, 2011 11:03 AM
Feb 12, 2011 9:22 PM

Sep 2010
ParanoidJack said:
does anybody know about the air date? when will the anime be aired?

They haven't announced it yet, but my guess is it will be a summer or fall anime.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Feb 13, 2011 12:14 AM

Aug 2010
i guess i need to watch the 1st Code Geass before this comes out
Feb 13, 2011 7:40 AM
Jan 2011
CrystalLake said:

I doubt you'll regret it. ^-^
Feb 18, 2011 9:34 PM

Mar 2010
CrystalLake said:
you really should watch it. The main character is one of the best in my opinion.
Feb 21, 2011 7:23 PM

Oct 2008
To me, this would be the most epic ending:

After all the events of the new code geass, it continues with C.C.'s flashbacks from that point up until the final events of R:2, then, continuing from where R:2 left off;

C.C: "The power of kings, known as Geass, brings one solitude. Not quite accurate, is it? Right, Lelouch?

*revealing of Lelouch's face; smiles*

Lelouch: "Yea."

*END!*

lol, although I bet others would disagree with this, but I'd love it ;)
Feb 24, 2011 1:55 PM
Apr 2009
hello I found this pic
I wonder what is written on it

also from geass.jp/akito
v
so cute :3
desolatoFeb 27, 2011 11:02 AM
Feb 25, 2011 2:03 PM

Jul 2010
sylaa said:
hello I found this pic

also from geass.jp/akito

What the picture in the background? Is it giving alittle sneak of the story?:D
Feb 26, 2011 11:33 AM

Oct 2010
PokieChi said:
sylaa said:
hello I found this pic

also from geass.jp/akito

What the picture in the background? Is it giving alittle sneak of the story?:D

The stain glass window has a geass symbol on it, and it appears a blonde women is holding a man with brown hair. So maybe!
Apr 3, 2011 7:39 PM

Oct 2008
awesome~ a new version is coming up ^^v i hope it has a good plot as it's original
Apr 12, 2011 9:12 PM

Jan 2011
well the show is called "CODE GEASS" not lelouch, not CC, not Brittania ... we don't know shit about the story of "GEASS" so obviously their gonna do more to explain what the heck happened and what is it...

anyway personally i think this story doens't make sense cause it doens't have a manga so the guy is just making this story ? ( sounds like a side story to me ) ... Code Geass: Shikkoku no Renya is the manga which explains the past of geass, so i guess this is just what u call milk it, wtv i'm gonna watch it and enjoy it either way
Apr 13, 2011 5:22 AM

Oct 2010
i cant wait to watch this new version
Apr 16, 2011 10:05 PM

May 2010
YOSHA~!!
Apr 17, 2011 4:19 PM

Jan 2009
ZerosAce said:

anyway personally i think this story doens't make sense cause it doens't have a manga so the guy is just making this story ? ( sounds like a side story to me ) ... Code Geass: Shikkoku no Renya is the manga which explains the past of geass, so i guess this is just what u call milk it, wtv i'm gonna watch it and enjoy it either way

The original Code Geass didn't have a manga either...they made it after the anime...
Apr 20, 2011 12:54 PM
Oct 2010
More, and more good news O_O
Apr 24, 2011 1:25 PM

Oct 2007
I just really hope it's good! I'm so excited already even though I know I shouldn't be expecting too much. :x
Apr 25, 2011 5:12 AM

Mar 2011
I'm kind of worrying about this.. I don't want Code Geass' reputation fall because of a new season. Still, I'm looking forward to it..
Apr 25, 2011 10:47 AM

Mar 2011
Kanyaku said:
I'm kind of worrying about this.. I don't want Code Geass' reputation fall because of a new season. Still, I'm looking forward to it..

I can't see why the reputation would matter though. Even if they released a Days of our Lives episode and called it a Code Geass OVA, it still wouldn't make the previous Code Geass episodes any worse.
Mr. Wonsworth, you may NOT eat my scones!
Apr 26, 2011 8:34 PM
Mar 2011
Treekodar said:
Kanyaku said:

I can't see why the reputation would matter though. Even if they released a Days of our Lives episode and called it a Code Geass OVA, it still wouldn't make the previous Code Geass episodes any worse.

It may taint the franchise.
Apr 28, 2011 10:39 PM

Oct 2008
well the biggest thing about this series that worries me, is the change in the directors.
May 3, 2011 3:32 AM
Nov 2010
There's no release date yet? Wow...:(
Oh, and I'm hoping for it to be another TV series, as good as Code Geass, but I ask for too much often...:P
May 3, 2011 10:53 PM

Oct 2008
lol i'm a bit too slow to realize this, but I just realized that this is based on several years before R2, and not the edo era (the manga, from what I would guess)... i'm so slow...
May 10, 2011 8:47 AM
Dec 2007
This side-story is basically the untold story of what happens in Europe (The EU) during the first season of the original Code Geass, right?

It won't ruin the original series. If anything, it will only compliment it. Even if Lelouch does appear in this side-story, it doesn't matter at all for the ending of R2.

Boukoku no Akito happens in 2017.
Code Geass S1 happens in 2017.
Code Geass R2 happens in 2018.

Why are people whining about this ruining the series? I don't get it at all.
I'd love to know more about the Code Geass universe version of Europe/EU.
May 11, 2011 6:23 PM

Sep 2010
Saixl said:
This side-story is basically the untold story of what happens in Europe (The EU) during the first season of the original Code Geass, right?

It won't ruin the original series. If anything, it will only compliment it. Even if Lelouch does appear in this side-story, it doesn't matter at all for the ending of R2.

Boukoku no Akito happens in 2017.
Code Geass S1 happens in 2017.
Code Geass R2 happens in 2018.

Why are people whining about this ruining the series? I don't get it at all.
I'd love to know more about the Code Geass universe version of Europe/EU.

Cause Lelouch isn't the main character simple as that. Cause they think its not Code Geass without Lelouch as the main lead and it will automatically suck because of that *roll eyes* at least give it a couple episodes before judging it.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
May 12, 2011 7:56 AM

May 2011
Kashinn said:
well the biggest thing about this series that worries me, is the change in the directors.

Yeah, it took me a while to realize that too. The manga and the anime are two entirely different things.

I am really looking forward to the new series, I was hoping it'd be out already though :/
May 27, 2011 5:39 AM
Aug 2010
Hmm, imo, not worth watching, since lelouch and c.c. arent main characters... -.-
May 28, 2011 2:30 AM

Sep 2010
MrFreedomJustice said:
Hmm, imo, not worth watching, since lelouch and c.c. arent main characters... -.-

They asked in a Q & A in a Newtype issue:

"Will Lelouch and CC be in this new sidestory?"

and they basically said

"Thats a mystery you just have to wait and see"

They are not going to be the main characters, but you shouldn't drop it it might actually be just as good without Lelouch or CC.

I don't know I see Code Geass becoming the new Gundam. I'm not going to lie I wouldn't mind it if they did.
May 30, 2011 1:15 AM

May 2011
I WANNA WATCH NOW OMG
But C.C is amazing I would be a tad upset to not see her :]
EITHER WAY IMA WATCH IT AND SO WILL ALL OF YOU SO DONT LIE

Jun 10, 2011 2:57 AM

Jul 2010
I like the Geass theme, and Knightmares; it's more important to me than Lelouch and C.C., so I will definitely watch this series.
Jun 25, 2011 8:49 AM

Oct 2008
Cool. :)
Aug 7, 2011 11:16 AM

Jul 2009
All i know is that they better make it seem like it took place in 2017 of the Geass storyline and not bring in freaking 9th generation knightmares that shouldn't be showing up until the end of R2, that possibility really worries me.
Aug 8, 2011 2:54 PM
Mar 2011
Looks like it's been confirmed for a 2012 release date.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/convention/2011/otakon/17
Aug 15, 2011 2:53 AM
Aug 2011
It would be great if the story went like this:
First 5-10 episodes talking about the European Warfront like in the title
Time Skip to After Suzaku dies and an oppressive government shows up again
5 episodes talking about the main character's resistance movement(in that time he recieves and masters his Geass)
1 episode about the main character fleeing in the countryside and bumping into a cart driver who is Lelouch! lol(of course this is assuming he is alive and recieved C.C.'s code)
Lelouch decides to join the resistance movement and take up the title of Zero again, I mean their release poster had Zero's signature at the bottom
The main character is mortally wounded and they have a huge emotional scene with Lelouch giving the main character his code
The ending, the main character(obviously) overthrows the government and Lelouch and C.C. go and live a mortal life in a cottage in the countryside :)
I know this is just me fantasizing that Lelouch is still alive, but I've heard that when asked about Lelouch vi Brittania they say he' dead at the studio, but when asked about Lelouch Lamperouge they remain silent. Sort of suspicious isn't it? Granted the problem with the story I just mentioned is that it's a side story and it says it takes place in the European Warfront
Look at my awesome sig :)
How do you make a sig?
Aug 17, 2011 7:14 AM

Aug 2008
fuck yeah!
"..Hibari Kyoya is L.O.V.E..."

.. Wanna ask me something? Clicky HERE~!
Aug 21, 2011 6:40 PM

Aug 2009
Roloko said:

I don't know I see Code Geass becoming the new Gundam. I'm not going to lie I wouldn't mind it if they did.

I'm not going to lie either, I agree! I hope the code geass franchise continues for another several decades. I already like it better than Gundam anyway because Geass never felt the need to make the entire thing about mecha battles. Just because a show has mechas does not mean there needs to be a battle every freaking episode. It gets old, even to people who like action shows.
Aug 30, 2011 1:28 AM

Dec 2010
I NEED LULU!HE SOMEHOW SHOULD PLAY A PART IN S3.OTHER THEN THAT ITS OF NO USE.NO GEASS!ARE YOU SURE!S2 ALSO NEEDS SOME POLISHING!SOME UNACCEPTABLE SCENES WERE THERE.QUITE POOR!!I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE PART OF ROLO.
Mim
Aug 30, 2011 10:20 PM
Aug 2011
Jeez they better not make it like another one of those always changing series. Any body ever heard of the Yu-Gi-Oh! disaster. Every new series started out with a completely different character then the last. It always got me so confused. Well whatever the only reason why i want this series to come out is because i want to know if Lelouch is alive or not and if he's not will C.C give someone else geass. So if someone could just answer those questions for me I'll see whether this series is worth all the credit it's being given.
Aug 31, 2011 2:24 AM

Jul 2010
I don't think that CG are long-living franchise. Maybe the last few series or movies after Akito would be released within this decade and CG will stop, possibly temporarily, until remake.
Aug 31, 2011 1:36 PM

Sep 2010
Vla said:
I don't think that CG are long-living franchise. Maybe the last few series or movies after Akito would be released within this decade and CG will stop, possibly temporarily, until remake.

It depends on how well the franchise will live without Lelouch. If it can and the series can rake in a lot of money I don't see it dying anytime soon. I mean look how far Gundam has come since the first protagonist Amuro back in 1979. Sure there were some good series and some terrible series in the franchise, but its still living. I'm sure Code Geass will do the same.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - 2 hours ago

1 by Rinrinka »»
2 hours ago

» 'Kusuriya no Hitorigoto' Second Season Announced

Nioxys - Mar 23

21 by andragosha »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Tougen Anki' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - 9 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
7 hours ago

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Reveals Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by ST63LTH »»
12 hours ago

» Undead Unluck Unveiled: Let's Talk Muscles with Yoshifumi Tozuka

Kineta - Mar 19

4 by Anime_Luv »»
Today, 6:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.