Forum Settings
Forums

5 years (Anorher “how long has it been since you’ve been on MAL” topic)

New
May 9, 2022 2:06 PM

May 2017
It’s hard to believe it’s been five years. Most people I’ve interacted on here have been on this site for over 14 years, where as others have been new and starting to join since the last couple of years.

I must ask: what’s the difference between old and new users on this site? Has anything for you changed since you’ve been on here?

I’m hoping to keep it up until the next five years — or at least how long this site will last.
May 9, 2022 2:12 PM

Jul 2007
My account is probably older than a lot of the people on here now. It's not a good feeling.

It's basically been fundamentally the same since 2007. Mostly a load of dribbling babies flinging shit at each other, it's just that the flavour of shit has changed over the years.
May 9, 2022 2:17 PM

May 2017
Scud said:
My account is probably older than a lot of the people on here now. It's not a good feeling.

It's basically been fundamentally the same since 2007. Mostly a load of dribbling babies flinging shit at each other, it's just that the flavour of shit has changed over the years.

I have noticed a lot of the decade plus users on this site have some of the funniest memories of new users making posts that derail the conversions on Anime Discussion.

Meanwhile, some of the newer users try to dictate how convos should flow regarding being an expert on anime.

Though, I’m sure that is just me and my own opinion,
May 9, 2022 2:18 PM

Mar 2008
For all you know this account belongs to someone I stole the identity of.
May 9, 2022 2:20 PM

May 2017
traed said:

I think you were one of the first posters I’ve interacted on this site when I joined initially.

How is life?
May 9, 2022 3:28 PM

Dec 2014
I've been here since December 2014. I feel the forums are a lot more quieter now. Loads of people never returned after that time when MAL went down and was not accessible for months. Loads of people I used to talk to on MAL are now inactive.
May 9, 2022 3:54 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
I'm just about a month away from 10 years. Aside from Youtube, this is my oldest account still in use. Has anything changes for me? Just about everything, duh.

As for new users vs older users, I think the most noticeable thing is that new users try to stand out by coming up with increasingly more ridiculous personas.
May 9, 2022 4:00 PM
Jan 2022
traed said:
I could use a second account i've been thinking i want to make threads and then post on my thread wirh another account and then tell myself oh milkmonster how wondeful it is that you understood the topic so well and your post was amazing you have won the thread!

How much do you want for your account? I'm even throwing in that the thread maker account will be the one named traed. You cant resist my offer you get people thinking you became the best thread maker, and they'd all of a sudden think you just got even more knowledgable and smarter and get even get money from the exchange.
MilkMonsterMay 9, 2022 4:03 PM
Read it and weep. Your ethnicity and culture are weak.

More topics from this board

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

76 by DreamWindow »»
25 minutes ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

32 by Strahan »»
1 hour ago

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

46 by Strahan »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - Today

21 by Salty-GB »»
2 hours ago

» (Personality) Try to paste 3 different statements that matter to you

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

17 by Noboru »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.