Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2010 10:02 PM

Apr 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
It's been a fun journey. Poor Aoike he never had a chance. The ending was somewhat satisfying, Makino ends up with Domyoji and Rui gives up. I wanted Domyoji to get laid, but I guess the Mangaka went with marriage = intercourse too old fashion if you ask me, nevertheless the rewatchability is high.

8-9/10
TuzoAnimeApr 20, 2010 12:17 AM
Aug 25, 2011 12:58 PM
Jul 2018
Such a nice way to end the story. Susumu's begging his parents that Tsukushi graduates from Eitoku made it obvious that Tsukushi would stay in Japan. I loved how while Tsukushi developed a soft side for Tsukasa and became more feminine, Kamio had managed to keep her independence, pride and strong will throughout the series. She did a good job that instead of having Tsukushi rely entirely on Tsukasa or him disowning his family, our couple had decided to take responsibility, become better people and build their future with their own hands before they reunite a few years from then.

I was disappointed, though, that Rui didn't get together with Shizuka. Yeah, I know she was the one that left him and chose ambition over love, but she was the one that originally brought him out of his shell and Tsukushi just picked up from where she left off. They were such a sweet couple that really suited each other, It made me kind of sad that they didn't manage to work it out in the end and that Rui will remain hung up on Tsukushi for the rest of his life. And damn, Kamio,for getting my hopes up in their trip to Canada when Tsukushi commented that she could imagine them meeting many years from then and still being in love with each other -_-

8/10
removed-userAug 25, 2011 1:03 PM
Oct 21, 2011 10:12 AM

Feb 2010
This Manga was great but was I the only one who was thinking that it kind of went in circles for awhile? But I think that it was different because Makino actually had the type of personality to make people fall in love with her. Also, I was mad that nobody else from the F4 got to fall in love.I mean as long as 240 chapters were couldn't at least one other character have gotten a good relationship? Finally, I agree that Domoyji should of got laid. Even if the author wanted them to be a traditional couple that was implied subtlety throughout the story, I really wish they would've showed a future child. I love that, when you see them happy with a little boy who looks like the daddy. :)
Apr 30, 2012 5:08 PM

Sep 2010
This manga started off great but it starts going around in circles and the ending was incredibly disappointing. Almost half the manga was about Tsukushi hating or not being sure about her feelings for Tsukasa rather than being in love with him, all while she still harboured feelings for Rui. I really dislike the fact that Tsukushi ended up with Tsukasa. He's a total dick.
Not to mention Tsukasa doesn't feel any remorse for the hell he put Tsukushi through. Apparently they all think he's a nice guy despite breaking one of Tsukushi's friends necks and attempting to rape her 4 times. Ok.
sauveterreApr 30, 2012 9:16 PM
Jun 3, 2012 3:49 PM

Mar 2011
Well, I guess I was disappointed and overwhelmed by this manga at times. It sure as hell had me for a lot of moments, and I admit I pretty much played right in to the mangaka's evil hands!!

Ahhh and I might as well say this now, Tsukasa's memory loss was pretty obvious to me, like before he asked this I had the words, "Who is she?" running through my mind. Such a ride this story was though, and I just loved it.
However, I felt the horrid feeling fo wanting SO MUCH MORE. Not that satisified in terms of ending. I think a sappy run away or kid would have shut me up.

So here goes, 10.00 !
Dec 10, 2012 2:23 PM

Jan 2009
First of all, I really enjoyed this manga very much. I never read a 37 volume long manga in just 1,5 week @_@
There were only a few things which bothered me. For a story which lasted for 16 years (!) I think the ending is pretty dissapointing. Also, I think it's weird that the whole story fits in 1 - 1,5 school year? And I think it's a pity that they've changed Tsukasa over the story. At the beginning he was funny and just a fool (and weird hair) xD But in the 20+ volumes he's changed to just a serious and tough character. I missed the funny part of him. But I think the ending is the most dissapointing! :o I kind of feel bad for the readers who started in 1992 xP

But don't get me wrong! I loved this manga very much, and tsukasa was my fav character x)
Oct 28, 2013 4:55 AM
Oct 2013
I have to admit for the longest time I hated Tsukasa even when him and Tsukushi were already going out. He was too possessive and he ordered her to be raped!!!! But I have to admit he did a total 720 (way more than 360 when you compare to how he started). I was satisfied with the ending but did find the plot went in circles for a bit. I admit with previous comments that the other F4 members should have fell in love but overall I think the manga was worth finishing.
Oct 28, 2013 8:54 AM
Jul 2018
I don't understand what people found so disappointing about the ending. Yeah, Rui not ending up with Shizuka was disappointing, but the conclusion regarding Tsukushi and Tsukasa's relationship was pretty mature and satisfying.

Instead of the couple eloping or things magically working out, they took responsibility for both of their familes and some years from then, when they became respectable adults, they got together. I personally found this ending one of the better ones in a shoujo manga. It was happy but mature and not the least bit cliche. The black-haired F4 (forgot his name) also had an unusual end to his story with his past love moving on and Tsukushi's friend not having her love returned.
I agree, though, that things went a bit in circles at some points.
Apr 7, 2014 10:13 AM

Sep 2013
I think the character development should have had more of a conclusion since it was crazy long. Why did the mangaka do this to us? I wanted closure. And sure it's cheesy, but I think we all deserved to see a reward for these efforts. I wanted to see a marriage!!! Or at least a flash forward of their life in the future. I think we've earned it. A lot of open ended story lines which keeps me baffled simply because the manga was so long. No excuse.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed reading this. I loved it despite its flaws, and i adore the story. I think it speaks wonders that I can rewatch the story so many times and never get tired of it. I finished the Japanese Live Action, and watching the Korean adaptation. *Fan girl squeal* !
Jul 20, 2015 2:27 PM
Apr 2014
Well, this is 12 hours of my life I won't be getting back.

It was.... okay. I was expecting a lot more from this, considering it had 244 chapters. I disliked pretty much every character, they were a bit tasteless and some were to similar to others that it was a bit disappointing. There was really no flare or excitement in it, and there was definitely too much drama. I especially hated Tsukasa's and Tsukushi's relationship- sort of get together, get mad, hatred, make up, rinse and repeat.

6/10, would rate lower.
Jul 19, 2016 10:25 AM

Aug 2013
Over a year of reading this series on and off I have finally completed it, and while there more then a few things I didn't enjoy I'd be lying if I said this shit was addicting. I grew attached to the characters and was legitimately curious as to what would happen next, the Jewelry box ending was nice and had more closure then the actual series finale which is always great. A bumpy ride that I don't regret taking, and I can see why this is the highest selling Shojo manga.
Jun 8, 2020 3:11 AM
May 2020
I have a question for those of you who have read the chapter Shall I talk about myself... i didnt understand the whole thing about Kimiko...i mean, how come tsukasa says she is great girl but then he says he havent met her?? And why is Rui all shocked in that scene as if realizing something and then just laughs saying "it was so tsukasa"? And the Kunshi thing? I would appreciate it if someone could explain it to me,, thanks !!
Nov 1, 2021 11:08 AM

Apr 2020
Well, they ended up together after all of this craziness. I wish we could’ve seen more of their relationship, but whatever
“You flounder through life, struggling desperately so you won't drown, even though you would float if you'd just relax.”
May 3, 2022 4:10 PM
Apr 2018
Hayatempest said:
I don't understand what people found so disappointing about the ending. Yeah, Rui not ending up with Shizuka was disappointing, but the conclusion regarding Tsukushi and Tsukasa's relationship was pretty mature and satisfying.

Instead of the couple eloping or things magically working out, they took responsibility for both of their familes and some years from then, when they became respectable adults, they got together. I personally found this ending one of the better ones in a shoujo manga. It was happy but mature and not the least bit cliche. The black-haired F4 (forgot his name) also had an unusual end to his story with his past love moving on and Tsukushi's friend not having her love returned.
I agree, though, that things went a bit in circles at some points.

I didn’t get the ending. So they say they will meet again in 4 years? But do they actually end up together? Because it was so confusing
Apr 23, 7:45 AM
Jun 2022
i really love Hana dan, i think that is the history of my life, this work is gorgeous !!! i recomended eheehhehe

More topics from this board

» World's best selling shoujo manga (or the entirety of girls' comic?)

RealNath - Apr 21, 2023

5 by ZXEAN »»
Oct 27, 2023 10:49 AM

» Worth reading?

Vicis - Feb 9, 2009

5 by tsubasalover »»
Apr 19, 2023 3:48 PM

» Is there anyone who read this old manga?

Baka_Taku - Sep 1, 2022

2 by kihel »»
Mar 8, 2023 5:40 PM

Poll: » Hana Yori Dango Chapter 2 Discussion

xXAlpfie - Jan 31, 2010

1 by UfolyCloud »»
Feb 27, 2023 3:15 AM

Poll: » Hana Yori Dango Chapter 12 Discussion

sauveterre - Apr 22, 2012

2 by -Vaisravana- »»
Nov 22, 2021 7:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.