Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 9, 2009 8:40 PM
Dec 2008
I'm just wondering how the pacing of this manga is, since it is after all 200 something chapters.

Is it 200 chapters of indecisiveness or do characters get together, break apart etc etc.
Because it would really pain me to read 100 chapters waiting for a kiss to happen and then another 100 for the main character to decide between two people.

Thanks in advance.
Mar 9, 2009 4:38 PM
Feb 2008
Hm, I usually don't offer my opinion on things like this. But I've got to say that the pacing of this manga's nice :3

There are definitely times when I got annoyed with the story... 'Cause sometimes it just seemed that a thing could be left out to make the story shorter, but that's coming from someone who prefers to read shorter mangas xD (I've read alot of one shots)... There's also quite abit of indecisiveness, but Kamio Yoko manages to use it to make the characters seem more realistic.

Also, the whole 241 chapters of Hana Yori Dango don't just focus on the relationship between the two main characters (which can be good or bad, depends on your view) but don't worry, any side relationships mentioned do have connections with the actual story, they're not one shots in disguise or anything >>

And about the getting together, breaking apart and all that? There's plenty of that. xD

Yeah, I just realized why I don't usually give my opinion on these kinda stuff, I tend to ramble. Sorry 'bout that, hope my rambles help =3

ForaiiMar 10, 2009 5:05 PM
Apr 11, 2009 2:12 AM

Sep 2007
I'd just like to add: HELL YEAH it's worth reading!!!

I myself prefer one-shots and shorter manga, so it really says something about a series when it manages to keep my attention for 37 volumes. That is a LOT of volumes that need to keep my attention.

Anyway, yes it does have break-ups and make-ups throughout the story, but they are well done and for good reason, in my opinion. You don't have to wait forever for a kiss either - but it's definitely not one of those smutty manga. Oh, and there is a love triangle however. But like the guy above me said, you can tell who she's going to chose already.

The verdict: READ IT. It's so great! But I'm biased, so you don't have to listen to me.....I just hope you will. ^^
~ Nothing makes us as lonely as our own secrets ~

Dec 1, 2009 4:43 AM

Dec 2007
Personally, I'd give it a go if you haven't already done so, compared to some other shoujo manga's I've read, this is pretty good.. but, I got to warn you before hand, you may need A LOT of patience to get through it if you are easily annoyed by annoying girls and such preventing your ideal relationship in the series from progressing. The only way I'm able to last as long as I did is by knowing everything is going to be ok in the end, but still, it took a lot of patience, I even swear at a lot of the people in the manga, cause I get THAT annoyed. So be warned and enjoy :)
[
Dec 1, 2009 2:29 PM
Nov 2008
Foraii said:
Also, the whole 241 chapters of Hana Yori Dango don't just focus on the relationship between the two main characters

It's not as extreme as Kare Kano in that respect, though.

cu
59cobalt
Apr 19, 2023 3:48 PM

Nov 2007
Won Guinness World Records for The most published copies of a Shojo manga series written by a single author
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/521498
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hana Yori Dango Chapter 244 Discussion (Including the One-shot)

TuzoAnime - Apr 16, 2010

14 by Monkey_D_Rosee »»
Apr 23, 7:45 AM

» World's best selling shoujo manga (or the entirety of girls' comic?)

RealNath - Apr 21, 2023

5 by ZXEAN »»
Oct 27, 2023 10:49 AM

» Is there anyone who read this old manga?

Baka_Taku - Sep 1, 2022

2 by kihel »»
Mar 8, 2023 5:40 PM

Poll: » Hana Yori Dango Chapter 2 Discussion

xXAlpfie - Jan 31, 2010

1 by UfolyCloud »»
Feb 27, 2023 3:15 AM

Poll: » Hana Yori Dango Chapter 12 Discussion

sauveterre - Apr 22, 2012

2 by -Vaisravana- »»
Nov 22, 2021 7:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.