Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 8, 2022 2:21 AM
Aug 2020
Every time i see comments of every one piece post in twitter or fb or sometimes even youtube, i can always see comments "trash or suck", i cant see this kind of treatment in any other animes. I think one piece community as a whole has 50% fans and 50% haters/dont like.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 8, 2022 2:29 AM
Jul 2021
Jannie7 said:
Every time i see comments of every one piece post in twitter or fb or sometimes even youtube, i can always see comments "trash or suck", i cant see this kind of treatment in any other animes. I think one piece community as a whole has 50% fans and 50% haters/dont like.
because they are jealous. They couldn't get into one piece and hate why people are enjoying this when they couldn't.
Ignore them because haters are always gonna hate.
Apr 8, 2022 2:32 AM

Feb 2019
Every anime has haters, so nothing new

Also, some people just hate one piece for attention (if you use mal forums then you will see that some users hates on one piece in every thread)

Funny thing is most one piece haters are aot fans.

Man_of_hardcore said:
Jannie7 said:
because they are jealous. They couldn't get into one piece and hate why people are enjoying this when they couldn't.

I see nothing but fact
Apr 8, 2022 2:34 AM
Jul 2018
Because One Piece is both highly acclaimed and very popular. Trolls know that they will get attention if they shit on a well-known show. There is a difference between disliking a show and trolling. It is not limited to One Piece, there are many others titles too. Immature fanboys of other shows do such cringe things. Thankfully, I don't see many One Piece fans getting angered over such things. This community is pretty chill. You should also not take those trolls seriously, attention is what they thrive for.
removed-userApr 8, 2022 2:42 AM
Apr 8, 2022 2:34 AM

Jul 2014
Haters do have a lot of free time to spread the hate. Don't mind them.

In all seriousness, it's a shonen with lots of comedy, a monstrous longevity and a set structure (Island from island) to shift settings.

If you like one piece, it's probably the journey you like. If you hate it, it means you are more of a destination person.
Apr 8, 2022 2:36 AM

Feb 2019
Jannie7 said:

You should just ignore those haters.
Apr 8, 2022 2:37 AM
Dec 2021
look at bleach. some people don't even hate bleach and hates it without thinking. Also one piece is mainstream so ofc anything mainstream related is always hated so see the point from me and others? that's why
Apr 8, 2022 2:38 AM
Jul 2021
Sakuta002766 said:

Also, some people just hate one piece for attention (if you use mal forums then you will see that some users hates on one piece in every thread)

bro, Aot fans are the worst. They hate every anime which is considered better than Aot. Be it Fmab, Hxh, one piece, etc.
They just want to feel superior. They want to see Aot being #1 at all anime platform.
Hunters_are_evilApr 8, 2022 3:10 AM
Apr 8, 2022 2:49 AM
May 2021
Jannie7 said:

Because all they can do is hate and they know that... oda is earning millions and they are just gonna hate bcz they can't so shit about it...
they hide their own failures by hating someone other's success
Apr 8, 2022 2:56 AM
Mar 2022
Because, One Piece is an anime that has a lot of theories and plot twists that haters can't understand
Apr 8, 2022 3:01 AM
Jun 2021
idk about haters but many people dont like it because its kinda boring in the beginning and its old anime so many people don't like it
Apr 8, 2022 3:04 AM

Feb 2019
aesthetic__simp said:
idk about haters but many people dont like it because its kinda boring in the beginning and its old anime so many people don't like it

Not liking one piece isn't bad thing but hating on one piece on every thread, comment section just for attention is bad.
Apr 8, 2022 3:08 AM
Jun 2021
Sakuta002766 said:
aesthetic__simp said:

Not liking one piece isn't bad thing but hating on one piece on every thread, comment section just for attention is bad.

ikr and many people hate it just cause its more popular than there fav anime like wtf
eevn if your not a fan of op its just the best time-pass thing for every generation
Apr 8, 2022 3:10 AM
Dec 2021
Legit every popular anime has an unhealthy amount of hate op is not the only one
Apr 8, 2022 3:10 AM
Jul 2018
Man_of_hardcore said:
Sakuta002766 said:

bro, Aot fans are the worst. They hate every anime which is considered better than Aot. Be it Fmab, Hxh, one piece, etc.
They just want to feel superior. They want to see Aot being #1 at all anime/platform.

Bro don't generalize. Not every AOT fan is like that. I know AOT fandom is one of the worst fandom but don't generalize.
Apr 8, 2022 3:11 AM

May 2021
Yea well not going to name someone but there are some who really go out of their way to continuously show hate in the new chapter threads and more.
Because it's so annoying and toxic I actually set some of them on ignore.

I agree with the people above saying it's for attention, because if you don't like it then you say so but not as exaggerated?

Pls don't write animeS or mangaS >.< // + <50 man(g/hw/hu)a not in MAL. // Join my >manga club< here!

Apr 8, 2022 3:15 AM
Jul 2021
Shubh20 said:
Man_of_hardcore said:
They just want to feel superior. They want to see Aot being #1 at all anime/platform.

Bro don't generalize. Not every AOT fan is like that. I know AOT fandom is one of the worst fandom but don't generalize.
Yeah I know most of them became sane after the manga ending. But trust me there is a lot of Aotards who are still like this, don't believe me? There's a thread in Aot S4 pt2 - top 10 anime better than Aot. Just read it πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”
Apr 8, 2022 3:17 AM
Jul 2018
Man_of_hardcore said:
Shubh20 said:

Yeah I know most of them became sane after the manga ending. But trust me there is a lot of Aotards who are still like this, don't believe me? There's a thread in Aot S4 pt2 - top 10 anime better than Aot. Just read it πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”
yeah I've already read it. I don't understand them. Why would you hate something and ruin your own fun. While you can have fun with 2 great shows.
Apr 8, 2022 3:29 AM

Nov 2021
most of the one piece haters are either naruto or dbz fans it'll be better to just ignore those losers
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2022 3:31 AM

Feb 2019
weirdweirder said:
most of the one piece haters are either naruto or dbz fans it'll be better to just ignore those losers

Nah, most of them(at least in myanimelist) are aot fan.
I can name some aot fans who hates on one piece in every thread just for attention.
Apr 8, 2022 3:41 AM
Jul 2018
Jannie7 said:
Every time I see comments of every one piece post in twitter or fb or sometimes even youtube, i can always see comments "trash or suck", I cant see this kind of treatment in any other animes. I think one piece community as a whole has 50% fans and 50% haters/don't like.

I think either they are jealous of OP fandom because when we enjoy one piece, there is not a single fanbase that enjoys their series as much as One Piece fans (these are my thoughts and how I look at this situation) or they just want attention by trolling us!
They are also jealous of one piece sales as well!
Apr 8, 2022 3:49 AM
Jul 2018
Sakuta002766 said:

Man_of_hardcore said:

I see nothing but fact

Bruh I’m a Fan of AOT and One Piece, what sort of stereotype you tryna stur up bud? 🀨
Apr 8, 2022 3:49 AM
Sep 2021
Jannie7 said:

Some people hate because the op is too long. It's not worth worrying about because most people haven't even started or have only watched a maximum of 30 ep.
Apr 8, 2022 3:51 AM

Nov 2021
Sakuta002766 said:
weirdweirder said:

Nah, most of them(at least in myanimelist) are aot fan.
I can name some aot fans who hates on one piece in every thread just for attention.
i ain't talking about MAL only in most of the other social medias you can find more one piece haters who are either naruto or dbz fans
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2022 3:52 AM
Aug 2021
You are wrong one piece is one of those shounen that have less haters same as gintama because most of the haters already dropped it because no one is gonna watch 1000+ episode of something they hate expect for few that's why most of the one piece watcher are fans.
Apr 8, 2022 3:52 AM

Aug 2017
one piece has way too many haters who just hate the anime just cause of slow pacing. my dude there has been slow pacing in the show since over 10 years now quit crying about it.
Apr 8, 2022 3:54 AM

Feb 2019
disical said:
Sakuta002766 said:

I see nothing but fact

Bruh I’m a Fan of AOT and One Piece, what sort of stereotype you tryna stur up bud? 🀨

Well, i didn't said all aot fans are one piece haters.
I said most of the one piece haters are aot fan
Apr 8, 2022 3:54 AM

Sep 2021
anything that's even remotely popular has haters. so that's nothing new there. and also one thing we should remember is everyone has their own opinions and there are people who genuinely don't like the series and that's ok as well. hat being said, the amount of toxic haters on big shows like One Piece is very high. the best thing we can do is ignore them. and also one piece, among most popular shows actually has the least haters. nobody who's watched about 1000 episodes is gonna go out their way to hate something they spent so much time with.
ANYWAYS FUCK THE HATERS, ONE PIECE IS RETURNING ON 17TH! BE HYPED CUS EPISODE 1015 WHICH SHOULD AIR ON 24TH IS BEING DIRECTED BY MEGUMI ISHITANI IF YOU FORGOT
degenerocityApr 8, 2022 3:59 AM
Apr 8, 2022 3:55 AM
Mar 2022
Tbh I dont even get why people slander on people favorite anime if someone has an opinion then respect it you dont neccesarily have to agree, The amount of times i open tiktok and see one piece is mid or this anime is mid makes me ashamed to even be an anime fan
Apr 8, 2022 4:00 AM

Feb 2019
-Elevate- said:
one piece has way too many haters who just hate the anime just cause of slow pacing. my dude there has been slow pacing in the show since over 10 years now quit crying about it.

I have doubt that most of the haters who hates one piece on every thread,yt comment section, twitter actually hates one piece for slow pacing.
Apr 8, 2022 4:11 AM

Dec 2020
Every famous anime has haters so just ignore it. But from what I have seen that one piece has least haters than any other famous shonen anime.
Apr 8, 2022 4:11 AM
Oct 2021
Man_of_hardcore said:
Sakuta002766 said:

They just want to feel superior. They want to see Aot being #1 at all anime platform.

i agree with you that aot fans want aot to be the no. 1 anime on MAL.But mention me any fan who does not want his/her favorite anime to be no. 1.

but the conflict between one piece and aot was started by the One Piece fans on Twitter.
That one one piece fan who posted his photo of rating aot eps 1 star and at that time only one aot ep was aired.
I mean is this how all one piece fans are?
Just rate 1 star and also show the world .
seeing that fan other one piece fans also started to downvote aot AND ALSO demon slayer.
after that aot fans got triggered and they too started downvoting it.

You are telling that aot fans are the worst( one piece fans triggered that whole issue in January and before that aot fans didn't even looked at one piece,so that means that one piece fandom is worst then aot )
i think that one piece fans are also not so pure and good as they think.

(AT LAST AOT IS TOXIC AND BEST ANIME AND ONE PIECE IS TOXIC AND BEST ANIME)

EVERY FANDOM IS TOXIC , EVERY FANDOM DESIRES TO BE AT THE TOP BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT WE JUST DOWNVOTE EACH OTHER'S FAVORITE ANIME , WE SHOULD JUST SUPPORT EACH OTHER AND APPRECIATE THEIR FAVORITE ANIME. IF ANYONE DON'T WANT TO SUPPORT THEM THEN ATLEAST DONT DOWNVOTE EACHOTHER.

PEACE.
Apr 8, 2022 4:43 AM
Jul 2021
Sujal234 said:
Man_of_hardcore said:

i agree with you that aot fans want aot to be the no. 1 anime on MAL.But mention me any fan who does not want his/her favorite anime to be no. 1.

but the conflict between one piece and aot was started by the One Piece fans on Twitter.
That one one piece fan who posted his photo of rating aot eps 1 star and at that time only one aot ep was aired.
I mean is this how all one piece fans are?
Just rate 1 star and also show the world .
seeing that fan other one piece fans also started to downvote aot AND ALSO demon slayer.
after that aot fans got triggered and they too started downvoting it.

You are telling that aot fans are the worst( one piece fans triggered that whole issue in January and before that aot fans didn't even looked at one piece,so that means that one piece fandom is worst then aot )
i think that one piece fans are also not so pure and good as they think.

(AT LAST AOT IS TOXIC AND BEST ANIME AND ONE PIECE IS TOXIC AND BEST ANIME)

EVERY FANDOM IS TOXIC , EVERY FANDOM DESIRES TO BE AT THE TOP BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT WE JUST DOWNVOTE EACH OTHER'S FAVORITE ANIME , WE SHOULD JUST SUPPORT EACH OTHER AND APPRECIATE THEIR FAVORITE ANIME. IF ANYONE DON'T WANT TO SUPPORT THEM THEN ATLEAST DONT DOWNVOTE EACHOTHER.

PEACE.
It isn't about One piece vs Aot. It's about How toxic Aot fanbase is. And yeah, I know every fanbase is toxic to some degree but Aot was just on another level. Especially those fans, who got into Aot during covid.
Aot fans gave death threats to mappa, gabi voice actress and got pissed off just because they played a different ost during that declaration of war episode. Name one fandom who has crossed their limits like this.
Again, I am not accusing all but a significant fans specially those normies who got into anime during covid. Peace πŸ™
Hunters_are_evilApr 8, 2022 4:49 AM
Apr 8, 2022 4:52 AM
Oct 2021
Yes
Almost every single person who started watching anime during covid are really normies who watch only one anime and thinks that it is the best. I know it because many of my friends also were part of covid anime beginners.

I don't know about the threats because I didn't watched too much anime but i found that something like aot fans threatnes mappa also happed with tokyo Ghoul fans due to they changed the storyline I think (I didn't watched tokyo Ghoul yet) but still I am not shour about that rumor.
Apr 8, 2022 5:27 AM
Jan 2021
As a one piece hater the reason I don’t like the series is it’s absolutely horrible pacing. Arcs take way to long to get anywhere and it’s really tiring to watch. And that’s the main reason I hate it because I know I will like the characters and stories. So I hate it because the anime made something I would love borderline impossible for me to enjoy
Apr 8, 2022 5:36 AM
Jun 2021
because they’re jealous their favorite show isn’t #1
Apr 8, 2022 6:05 AM
Sep 2021
PaperBagMan said:
As a one piece hater the reason I don’t like the series is it’s absolutely horrible pacing. Arcs take way to long to get anywhere and it’s really tiring to watch. And that’s the main reason I hate it because I know I will like the characters and stories. So I hate it because the anime made something I would love borderline impossible for me to enjoy

No offense.. but that sounds stupid. πŸ‘€πŸ€”πŸ€·‍♀️

You hate it because of the pacing.. ?? πŸ€¨πŸ‘€πŸ˜‚

That's equally as stupid as people who hate One Piece because of the art style...

I would understand if you just don't like the concept or how the themes are executed or something like that.
But the pacing of the ANIME?.. πŸ‘€πŸ€¨πŸ˜‚πŸ€¦‍♀️

Just read the manga than. 🀷‍β™€οΈπŸ€¦‍♀️

Or watch the anime on One Pace or One Piece Kai. πŸ‘€πŸ™„

(and sorry for the amount of emoji's, but I use them always and the comment I replied to just made me do it..)
Apr 8, 2022 6:07 AM
Jul 2021
PaperBagMan said:
you are from Pyongyang, is internet available in North Korea?
Apr 8, 2022 6:39 AM
Dec 2013
One Piece has some serious obvious drawbacks that you simply can't ignore, I guess some people can't cope with them to see how much goodness there's.

One Piece is the only anime I watch differently with speedups and skips simply because of how much fluff there is, sometimes it feels like a filler with some extra canon episodes on top.

Still like it obviously
Apr 8, 2022 6:44 AM
Dec 2013
SE_000 said:
PaperBagMan said:

That's equally as stupid as people who hate One Piece because of the art style...

I would understand if you just don't like the concept or how the themes are executed or something like that.

(and sorry for the amount of emoji's, but I use them always and the comment I replied to just made me do it..)

Why is that so? Pacing is crucial for a good show. Pacing can kill off an otherwise excellent show.
Apr 8, 2022 7:12 AM
Sep 2021
CaptainBubblegum said:
SE_000 said:

Why is that so? Pacing is crucial for a good show. Pacing can kill off an otherwise excellent show.

Well like I said. Firstly the things/points I already mentioned and also because of the thing that fan editions/edits like One Pace and One Piece Kai exist. 🀷‍♀️

Switch to the manga or watch the anime on One Pace and/or One Piece Kai.

That solves pacing and fluff issues from the original anime.

Edit: also.. do you really wanna decrease your enjoyment of a show/work of art just because the anime adaption is poorly executed..?? πŸ€”πŸ€¨πŸ§

2. Edit: I wouldn't want that. When I don't enjoy a show, have the time and the desire to consume it than I give another chance in a different way. πŸ€”πŸ˜Œ
Loaf_dontcareApr 8, 2022 7:27 AM
Apr 8, 2022 7:29 AM
Dec 2013
SE_000 said:
CaptainBubblegum said:

Well like I said. Firstly the things/points I already mentioned and also because of the thing that fan editions/edits like One Pace and One Piece Kai exist. 🀷‍♀️

Edit: also.. do you really wanna decrease your enjoyment of a show/work of art just because the anime adaption is poorly executed..?? πŸ€”πŸ€¨πŸ§

2. Edit: I wouldn't want that. When I don't enjoy a show, have the time and the desire to consume it than I give another chance in a different way. πŸ€”πŸ˜Œ

No it doesn't, a fan-made edit just proves the point. People don't want to try to find an edited version that won't be posted on any of their regular streaming platforms or in some shady website that might or might not work.

Watching something that does cuts every 10 seconds is extremely annoying for some people, why do you find it hard that people don't like the show?

One Piece is very flawed, looking at your profile you barely watched 10 shows. you have a very limited perspective.

One Piece has various flaws beyond pacing:

Extreme predictability - almost no surprises, the plot is highly predictable, every arc you can easily tell what will happen and very few actually surprise.

Extremely shallow characters - all characters are extremely one dimensional, almost dumbed out humans:

I'm luffy and I like to eat
I'm Zoro I get lost
I'm Sanji and I like girls

Exact similar patterns for almost every arc, the formula is basically the same:

New Island
Something bad is going on
We clash with the baddie, usually "lose" initially
We gain the people's support
We magically defeat our baddie, usually with new powersolution
We "save" the island
We always win at the end

Almost everything is very simplistic and repetitive, the jokes, the traits

Animation isn't top notch and for a shounen when fights occur frequently, it is quite obvious that corners are cut, compare it to other leading NEW shounens and the difference is massive
CaptainBubblegumApr 8, 2022 7:37 AM
Apr 8, 2022 7:33 AM
Jan 2021
Cause one piece is that good
Apr 8, 2022 7:36 AM
Jan 2017
Well you gotta realize most people in the internet that hate like that either are kids, adults who havent matured yet, prideful on their stance and not willing to agree to disagree and people playing devil's advocate.
(I play devil's advocate sometimes)

Just leave them alone, its no biggie.
Hhhmmmmmm.......
Apr 8, 2022 7:52 AM
Dec 2013
Gawdly said:
CaptainBubblegum said:

No it doesn't, a fan-made edit just proves the point. People don't want to try to find an edited version that won't be posted on any of their regular streaming platforms or in some shady website that might or might not work.

Watching something that does cuts every 10 seconds is extremely annoying for some people, why do you find it hard that people don't like the show?

One Piece is very flawed, looking at your profile you barely watched 10 shows. you have a very limited perspective.

Extreme predictability - almost no surprises, the plot is highly predictable, every arc you can easily tell what will happen and very few actually surprise.

Extremely shallow characters - all characters are extremely one dimensional, almost dumbed out humans:

I'm Zoro I get lost

New Island
We "save" the island
We always win at the end

Animation isn't top notch and for a shounen when fights occur frequently, it is quite obvious that corners are cut, compare it to other leading NEW shounens and the difference is massive

I agree with all your points but it still doesn’t justify why people spend their precious time hating on one piece and one piece fans.

Because art is divisive* and subjective. I hate shows that other people really like, they hate shows I really like.

At the end of the day art is subjective, we all have different preferences.
I want to be clear, I like One Piece, I still watch it, I think it has really good things as well but it's fine if people think it's trash. that's their opinion...

I suggest you try some other classic Shounens, there is truly a great selection today both new and old-school which are really great.

I hate people hating\spamming repeatedly on an anime but I also hate people who blindly defend their favorite anime and get offended when people don't like it.... seriously...
We get it, you like OnePiece. But some really don't. and that's fine!
CaptainBubblegumApr 8, 2022 8:07 AM
Apr 8, 2022 8:23 AM
Sep 2021
CaptainBubblegum said:
SE_000 said:

Extremely shallow characters - character development is minimal, all characters and extremely one dimensional, almost dumbed out humans

I'm Zoro I get lost

New Island
We magically defeat our baddie, usually with new power\solution
We "save" the island
We always win at the end

... Most people watch shows (no matter anime/other shows like GoT,LOTR,Breaking Bad,TWD,etc.) on "shady" respectively illegal sites. πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜‚πŸ‘€

My profile is only a couple of months old and I watch anime since my childhood. I'm in my 20th now. πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜‚πŸ˜Œ

I only include the anime I have watched in japanese + nowadays. I think that's the fairest. πŸ€”πŸ€·‍♀️

I have seen Code Geass, a lot of Ghibli movies, AoT season 1-3, Magi, PsychoPass, the Dragonball series, Detektive Conan, etc.

So a lot of anime. I just didn't include them because I only watched them in german dub.

Also you sound like someone who's feelings are hurt.. or just a child/immature person. πŸ€”πŸ€·‍♀️

Well.. for some people One Piece has a lot of flaws, for others it doesn't have that many.
And no, not everyone of them is a blind fanboy. πŸ‘€πŸ€”πŸ™„

I also have my issues with One Piece but not with the actual manga/story but with the anime adaption.

The pacing (duh), the fanservice (look at the boobs or the body's of the female characters πŸ‘€πŸ˜³πŸ˜‚), and yes that's only an issue in the anime, I mean compare Viola/Violet from the Dressrosa arc in the anime and the manga. That's waaay too much fanservice from the anime and totally unnecessary by whomever came the idea from.. πŸ™„πŸ˜³πŸ˜­πŸ€¦‍♀️

And obviously that's only an example. Look at Rebecca from the same arc (and she's also only 16 years old, and no her character design with armor isn't that bad because she was literally hated by everyone and what do you do with someone you hate? Right, you give them the most unnecessary and sh*t armor possible.. πŸ€”πŸ˜’), it's unnecessary and inappropriate but it's explained by the plot, her character and family history, also what's bad about the anime is the sometimes bad/mediocre animation.

And as for the rest:

I wrote/explained in my first comment that I would understand if the hate/dislike comes from the concept of the anime/work of art (like you mentioned). I mean you literally mentioned and criticized the concept when you ranted over the "repetitiveness" and so on. 🀷‍♀️

And honestly.. it's nothing bad. πŸ€”πŸ€·‍♀️
If you and/or others don't like it than fine. But it's nothing bad or else. It's what attracts many people in the world to the show.

I don't have to compare it to other shows, because that's unnecessary. πŸ™„πŸ€”πŸ€·‍♀️
Apr 8, 2022 8:34 AM
Dec 2013
SE_000 said:
CaptainBubblegum said:

Extremely shallow characters - character development is minimal, all characters and extremely one dimensional, almost dumbed out humans

I'm Zoro I get lost

New Island
We magically defeat our baddie, usually with new power\solution
We "save" the island
We always win at the end

... Most people watch shows (no matter anime/other shows like GoT,LOTR,Breaking Bad,TWD,etc.) on "shady" respectively illegal sites. πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜‚πŸ‘€

My profile is only a couple of months old and I watch anime since my childhood. I'm in my 20th now. πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜‚πŸ˜Œ

I only include the anime I have watched in japanese + nowadays. I think that's the fairest. πŸ€”πŸ€·‍♀️

I have seen Code Geass, a lot of Ghibli movies, AoT season 1-3, Magi, PsychoPass, the Dragonball series, Detektive Conan, etc.

So a lot of anime. I just didn't include them because I only watched them in german dub.

Also you sound like someone who's feelings are hurt.. or just a child/immature person. πŸ€”πŸ€·‍♀️

Well.. for some people One Piece has a lot of flaws, for others it doesn't have that many.
And no, not everyone of them is a blind fanboy. πŸ‘€πŸ€”πŸ™„

I also have my issues with One Piece but not with the actual manga/story but with the anime adaption.

The pacing (duh), the fanservice (look at the boobs or the body's of the female characters πŸ‘€πŸ˜³πŸ˜‚), and yes that's only an issue in the anime, I mean compare Viola/Violet from the Dressrosa arc in the anime and the manga. That's waaay too much fanservice from the anime and totally unnecessary by whomever came the idea from.. πŸ™„πŸ˜³πŸ˜­πŸ€¦‍♀️

And obviously that's only an example. Look at Rebecca from the same arc (and she's also only 16 years old, and no her character design with armor isn't that bad because she was literally hated by everyone and what do you do with someone you hate? Right, you give them the most unnecessary and sh*t armor possible.. πŸ€”πŸ˜’), it's unnecessary and inappropriate but it's explained by the plot, her character and family history, also what's bad about the anime is the sometimes bad/mediocre animation.

And as for the rest:

I wrote/explained in my first comment that I would understand if the hate/dislike comes from the concept of the anime/work of art (like you mentioned). I mean you literally mentioned and criticized the concept when you ranted over the "repetitiveness" and so on. 🀷‍♀️

And honestly.. it's nothing bad. πŸ€”πŸ€·‍♀️
If you and/or others don't like it than fine. But it's nothing bad or else. It's what attracts many people in the world to the show.

I don't have to compare it to other shows, because that's unnecessary. πŸ™„πŸ€”πŸ€·‍♀️

I think you're the reason people are so annoyed with One Piece fanboys....

Truly sad to see comments like this...
Apr 8, 2022 8:35 AM

Nov 2016
CaptainBubblegum said:
SE_000 said:

I'm Zoro I get lost

New Island
We "save" the island
We always win at the end

As someone who's following One Piece discussions for a long time I can assure you that every single arc is to the brim full of surprises. The current manga development is the definition of a community shaking twist. Granted you will be able to predict stuff with a clear set up, however, a lot is coming out of left field as well. That aside, predictability isn't a flaw per se.

Neither are simple and goofy characters if they are pulled off well

- being formulaic on a macro level which is responsible for majority of predictable elements isn't a flaw
- running gags aren't flaws
- tropey and static characters aren't a flaw

Furthermore I would argue that Luffy had sufficient character development. People usually confuse it with character progession which isn't a required for an engaging character. Throughout the adventure it was shown that Luffy is more than his antics. There were occasions where he showcased emotional intelligence paired with spot on intuitivity, quick thinking, a composed side, that he learned from some of his mistakes in the past. He can't always go with the head through the wall, when he's at the mercy of someone else he gotta humble himself. There's a lot of sublety going on and his happy go lucky personality doesn't take away from that.

Don't get me wrong I myself think One Piece has flaws beyond the production and I can see where you're coming from, but the points you just listed don't hold much water, especially regarding Luffy, Zoro and Sanji.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 8, 2022 8:46 AM
Nov 2018
A lot of them are just trolling
Apr 8, 2022 8:46 AM
Dec 2013
FMmatron said:
CaptainBubblegum said:

I'm Zoro I get lost

New Island
We "save" the island
We always win at the end

As someone who's following One Piece discussions for a long time I can assure you that every single arc is to the brim full of surprises. The current manga development is the definition of a community shaking twist. Granted you will be able to predict stuff with a clear set up, however, a lot is coming out of left field as well. That aside, predictability isn't a flaw per se.

Neither are simple and goofy characters if they are pulled off well

- being formulaic on a macro level which is responsible for majority of predictable elements isn't a flaw
- running gags aren't flaws
- tropey and static characters aren't a flaw

Furthermore I would argue that Luffy had sufficient character development. People usually confuse it with character progession which isn't a required for an engaging character. Throughout the adventure it was shown that Luffy is more than his antics. There were occasions where he showcased emotional intelligence paired with spot on intuitivity, quick thinking, a composed side, that he learned from some of his mistakes in the past. He can't always go with the head through the wall, when he's at the mercy of someone else he gotta humble himself. There's a lot of sublety going on and his happy go lucky personality doesn't take away from that.

Don't get me wrong I myself think One Piece has flaws beyond the production and I can see where you're coming from, but the points you just listed don't hold much water, especially regarding Luffy, Zoro and Sanji.

"What you said isn't correct because I think it is not a flaw"
Great... we are back to subjective analysis

I just stated my opinion and the One Piece boys go mad, you don't have to agree with me but that's a very common criticism against One Piece, whether you care or not is something else entirely
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 367 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Lofoc - Aug 24, 2008

75 by kejora »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 122 Discussion

VARIAchan - Dec 19, 2009

46 by oozePOP »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 361 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ironkarma - Jul 15, 2008

78 by kejora »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1100 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 6

173 by Legal1234 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Alicia3000 - Oct 9, 2009

65 by TheStarscream759 »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.