Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 21, 2022 5:15 PM

Jul 2016
Say what you well about the first season but in the end it's not about how good or bad it was, but if I remember correctly the first season started with the introduction of RPG element and leveling system yet I can't remember a single episode in season 2 where this is even remotely mentioned !! did the writers forgot all about it? or was it really just me?
Mar 21, 2022 5:22 PM
Oct 2020
Yeah your right. They just ignore it now and he’s so OP that it feels like he pretty much maxed everything out anyway.

It’s clearly not handled as well as it is in other stories like Solo Leveling.
Mar 21, 2022 5:23 PM
Oct 2020
Yeah your right. They just ignore it now and he’s so OP that it feels like he pretty much maxed everything out anyway.

It’s clearly not handled as well as it is in other stories like Solo Leveling.
Mar 21, 2022 6:44 PM
Dec 2020
They don't cover it well in the anime, but he doesn't have the same level cap as someone like Kouki, who is getting close to his and won't be able to get any stronger. It's not as relevant for Hajime, so I guess they chose to ignore it.
Mar 21, 2022 9:37 PM
Oct 2019
that's actually a great observation. maybe that's why i feel like this season is worse than season 1
Mar 21, 2022 10:52 PM
Mar 2022
This season is the most boring part of the story after that there’s a bit more that’s boring but I feel like it gets better and better as it goes.
Mar 21, 2022 11:23 PM

Nov 2021
oh lmao i forgot about that!! maybe they did forget too lol

Mar 22, 2022 8:10 AM

May 2020
s1 was definitely way better

Mar 22, 2022 8:23 AM
Deez

Jul 2021
I do feel that the author lost sight of the world rules he set up. For instance, I have yet to see Hajime use the rift walk ability more than the one time he unlocks it. It's such a promising power that goes completely ignored, though this is just a single aspect of many more forgotten elements.

I was expecting the second season to maintain similar genre and theme to the first, but it has been disappointing thus far. I feel it is lacking the same amount and intrigue that was put into the adventure, exploration, and tactics that the first season was able to employ. The second season almost exclusively focuses on harem interactions, which we expected to see a decent amount of, but it feels as though that is the only theme that is prevalent.

On top of this, the pacing is incredibly slow, drastically different to the first season, as well as the combat seems frustratingly repetitive. I understand that a gun is his main weapon, but there are more tactics than "throw grenade, shoot a bunch".
Heavenly47Mar 22, 2022 8:33 AM
Mar 22, 2022 12:17 PM
Jul 2021
Really good observation, but the MC seems to be able to pull powers/ammunition/drones out of his ass anyways so in the end it doesn’t matter.

It’s absence is consistent with the massive tone shift halfway through season 1 however, where the author decided to focus on making this a generic harem with standard “comedic” harem antics.
Mar 23, 2022 4:08 AM
Mar 2022
Raptors0verlord said:
Say what you well about the first season but in the end it's not about how good or bad it was, but if I remember correctly the first season started with the introduction of RPG element and leveling system yet I can't remember a single episode in season 2 where this is even remotely mentioned !! did the writers forgot all about it? or was it really just me?

you are right I have also notice this is missing
Mar 24, 2022 3:52 PM
Dec 2020
I felt the same. pretty much when he starts sort of losing at the beginning of season 2, I thought he should have stopped and ate the sand worms to level up a bit. they dropped all monster investigation, caring about that development and how the other god antagonist dungeon heros do with learning power, crafting things etc.

I think it probably is just too much plot and not enough real-estate time to do it, so it just moves the story without anything or how they did it.

if only they had the 100s of episode funds like naruto, im sure all the creatures etc that jave new appeared could be covered that much better
Mar 24, 2022 9:44 PM
Mar 2016
As someone who watched AniNews' "cut content" series on Arifureta (very helpful videos for anime-onlys like myself), I can understand why they don't include this information anymore. It simply isn't necessary.

By the time Hajime got out of the initial dungeon with Yue, his level and level cap far surpassed any human, because he had become part monster.
The skills he possessed would take years, if not decades for a normal person to learn as well and this is only talking about skills related to his job-class. The monster skills would never be attainable by a normal human either.

Whereas someone like Kouki, who had the highest level cap, due to being the Hero, would cap-out at level 50 or so, with maybe 5,000-10,000 in each stat, you see in S1 that Hajime hits something stupid like 16,000 and he's only level 20/30-something, with a level cap of (if I remember correctly) 150 or 200.

On top of that, he has all the "great magics" from completing all the different labyrinths and he uses his knowledge of modern Japan to be able to create all of his weapons and vehicles (which are already busted in the "new world").

You put everything together and this guy is just a walking calamity and not far off a God himself. What good would it do to show he's level 65 and has 100,000 in every stat, when we already see (and know), he's basically the most OP thing in existence (as of right now).
Mar 25, 2022 4:01 PM

Jul 2016
does the leveling system only applyy to Hajime thought? I would expect him to anylize every enemy he faces to see their level, but it never happened,when Shea faced the Black eagle Squadron there were no analyzing for their statues ether

my take is that the author just wanted to attract readers and decided t's best to go with something popular and less creative like leveling system but then found out that he didn't even need it and pretended it never was a thing
Mar 28, 2022 3:13 PM

May 2009
Video games shit is cancer and it shouldn't be present in any story.
Apr 1, 2022 6:24 PM
Dec 2014
Yeah I wish they kinda stick with their introduced rpg elements or just dont include them. Like you know how Hajime gained new powers by eating them? Apparently the writers dont cuz after a few episodes it was totally forgotten.

Same story with slime isekai; he gained various abilities from monsters in the cave but he barely even used them.
Apr 3, 2022 11:39 PM

Mar 2012
I noticed the RPG elements that were no longer present, but to be completely honest, I don’t really care.

Perhaps this was just because of the clusterf*ck that was the first season, but I didn’t understand the purpose of the RPG elements in the first place. As someone that isn’t familiar with the source material, I didn’t understand the context of how these kids got transported to this world other than they were “summoned” by the god of this world (or something) and how that would have anything to do with a video game (again, maybe this had something to do with the first season skipping over a lot of crucial detail that would have provided insight to that).
Apr 3, 2022 11:50 PM

Mar 2012
ogorhan said:
Yeah I wish they kinda stick with their introduced rpg elements or just dont include them. Like you know how Hajime gained new powers by eating them? Apparently the writers dont cuz after a few episodes it was totally forgotten.

Same story with slime isekai; he gained various abilities from monsters in the cave but he barely even used them.

Let me ask you this when you’re playing a game. Let me go with a random example like FFVII (I hope I’m not dating myself with this example). For anyone that has played the game, you get stronger limit breaks as the game progresses. If you’re using Cloud’s limit break, would you use Cross-Slash late in the game even though it’s only the second limit break you learn? Or would you use Omni-Slash, which is the far superior/most powerful limit break in the game? Ofc you’re gonna use Omni-Slash…you’d be an idiot not to…or you just like playing games on Asian Mode (Stephen He joke).

The point I’m trying to make is, why would Hajime use monster skills that he learned a long time ago when he can use FAR superior God’s Age magic? If you’re in a fight, especially when it’s not a game, it’s life or death, you’re gonna use the strongest skills at your disposal.

Hajime used those monster skills in the Great Orcus Labyrinth because those were the best skills he had at his disposal at the time. Since then, Hajime has learned so many other skills that they are practically obsolete.
May 9, 2022 2:17 PM

Oct 2008
It's just a SCI-FI character in a world with magic & dragons. We've already seen it with "Maou-sama, Rety!". I think the concept is borderline cuckoo and stupid to the nth degree (if you can't do it right NOCK IT OFF WITH THE DOOMED ATTEMPTS).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2022

84 by MarcosJesus »»
Apr 18, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2022

109 by o_ob6o_o »»
Apr 7, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2022

116 by R2Doucebag »»
Mar 27, 8:15 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2022

31 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2022

66 by Karva1 »»
Feb 10, 10:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.