Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
How did you find it compared to season 1 ?
Mar 13, 2022 11:24 AM
Apr 2014
I really tried to like it, but ultimately I found this season to be a huge downer.

To elaborate on this:

I can't remember season 1 being that badly paced or annoying.
ThreeTrapMar 13, 2022 11:39 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 13, 2022 11:28 AM
Nov 2019
tldr;
i didn't have any expectation of kny so, no it didn't disappoint me technically.
with that said this season was definitely worse than the previous one. for more reasons than i can be bothered to count.
Mar 13, 2022 11:29 AM
Mar 2021
I chose better than season 1, but you need to consider that I didn't like season 1
Mar 13, 2022 11:34 AM
Jul 2021
Way better than s1, it ain't even comparable. Demon Slayers biggest flaw for me, is that it is TOO shonen, in the sense that it never tries to stray a bit from the shonen themes and it becomes obnoxious at times, but overall, this season proved to me that DS is one of the greatest anime to just turn off your brain and enjoy a fun, well-produced shonen anime.
Mar 13, 2022 11:34 AM
Jan 2021
I had read the manga(unfortunately) so I already new what was gonna happen. However the work that was put into making this elevated the source material tenfold(still ass in anything other than production quality tho). So no, I wasn't disappointed. S1 was way better tho.
Mar 13, 2022 11:35 AM
May 2021
it just went on and on and on
Mar 13, 2022 11:37 AM
Apr 2014
VaggPe said:
However the work that was put into making this elevated the source material tenfold. So no, I wasn't disappointed.

For me the quality of the animation just didn't cover for what BerserkerArmorr described as
BerserkerArmorr said:
TOO shonen, in the sense that it never tries to stray a bit from the shonen themes and it becomes obnoxious at times

Sure Episode 11 really delivers but ultimately I was skipping obnoxious dialogues for way too long.
Mar 13, 2022 11:39 AM
Jan 2021
ThreeTrap said:
VaggPe said:
However the work that was put into making this elevated the source material tenfold. So no, I wasn't disappointed.

For me the quality of the animation just didn't cover for what BerserkerArmorr described as
BerserkerArmorr said:
TOO shonen, in the sense that it never tries to stray a bit from the shonen themes and it becomes obnoxious at times

Sure Episode 11 really delivers but ultimately I was skipping obnoxious dialogues for way too long.

Yeah I hated all the plot armor stuff too. I generally hated this season. Im just saying that it's the source materials fault that it is that bad. The production of this show is an 11/10
Mar 13, 2022 11:40 AM
Apr 2014
VaggPe said:

Yeah I hated all the plot armor stuff too. I generally hated this season. Im just saying that it's the source materials fault that it is that bad. The production of this show is an 11/10

Oh thanks for clarifying, that makes a lot of sense.
Mar 13, 2022 11:43 AM
Jun 2021
In the entirety of the manga this is the weakest arc. But that is mostly due to placement. It’s the arc that leads into the real beginning of the end. We needed to see the things that happened in this season so its what had to happen. The downside is that Mugen Train and Sword Village(Next Arc) are much better in my opinion. But hey Tegen is still great he just had an uphill battle trying to stand out between these two greater arcs
Sep 2021
To me it felt equal to season 1 and infinite times better than mugen train. There’s really nothing new to make this arc better than season 1. Perhaps animation was somewhat better? But like we’re talking about demon slayer here so animation will obviously be god tier.

Dec 2020
This season was faaar better than season 1, ep 19 carried whole season 1. Animations and fights are wayyy better in this season. I don't get why people are sooo bothered by fanservice. It's normal in Japanese and in many asian countries for elders to spank kids when they don't listen to them so I dont see anything sexual their.

Kny is a simple story well executed. The finale of every arc is basically slicing the neck of demon but the build up they create for this scene will always have and had me on edge of my seat.

Not a huge kny fan but I liked this season. Your arguments aren't completely wrong tho, even I was bothered by the unnecessary dialogues of the characters in between fights and plot armour but I guess it's fine unless it doesn't becomes completely unbearable.
Also season 1 was mid af.
HeadpattsMar 13, 2022 12:34 PM
Mar 13, 2022 11:44 AM
May 2021
On par with season 1 (your vote)
Mar 13, 2022 11:46 AM

Apr 2021
Better than season 1, worse than Mugen Train
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2022 11:54 AM
Apr 2014
TheFounder131 said:
I don't get why people are sooo bothered by fanservice.

I'm not against fanservice. It just doesn't fit into this show and de-humanizes the whole class of female demon slayers in one go. Meanwhile they talk about the struggles of being human.

TheFounder131 said:
It's normal in Japanese and in many asian countries for elders to spank kids when they don't listen to them so I dont see anything sexual their.

You have a point, I was just sitting right beside my female friend who doesn't have any problems with FS, and we were both a little bit annoyed by that move.
Mar 13, 2022 11:57 AM

Sep 2020
The only part I hate was the last episode. Most of it was meh.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2022 12:08 PM

Jan 2021
For me season 1 and mugen train arc was much better than this arc.
Mar 13, 2022 12:19 PM
Apr 2021
I got to be honest with you fam I stopped reading at the part where you mentioned oversexualistion because part because it was giving me brain cancer because how was tengen slapping a kunoichi on the butt comparable to a hentai? have you even read a hentai doujin before? because of all the the things to d***k sucking to fingering I can tell you that I've never seen that in hentai. Demon slayer never really had fanservice and even now there wasn't really much fanservice yea sure there was cleavage but it wasn't even that much . And on tengens three wives thing... they live in ancient Japan... ofcourse there was things like that... and it still exists today
Tokyo ghoul is a great manga with a trash anime adaptation

Mar 13, 2022 12:23 PM
Apr 2014
nonofyourbeeswax said:
I got to be honest with you fam I stopped reading at the part where you mentioned oversexualistiony

That's fine because that opening just prevented me from reading any further in your post. Seems like that's the only issue for you in all the points I had (and discussions about some of them we've had in other posts here), and your choice of words tells me even this sentence is a waste of time.

I seriously hope you didn't get brain cancer - someone knowing how cancer can be to people around you
Mar 13, 2022 12:25 PM
Aug 2020
For me, season one sucked. I wouldn’t have continued if I didn’t know how good it got. Everything was poorly explained and the structure of getting a new mission, doing it, then getting another with no time to breathe was so boring. Season 2 is amazing and brings the show from a 5/10 to an 8/10
Mar 13, 2022 12:36 PM
Sep 2021
No No No
This Was Way ahead of what I Imagine
Fantastically Well-Made
Mar 13, 2022 12:41 PM
Jun 2021
The funny thing I think for demon slayer after reading a lot of these comments is like this show has pretty mid off not poor main characters, but like Tengen and rengoku are super likable. Idk why the main characters are so poorly done but in my opinion tengen elevated this arc and rengoku mugen train
Mar 13, 2022 12:53 PM

Jul 2021
Patrick had never seen such bs before
Check out SNAFU
Mar 13, 2022 1:02 PM
Oct 2013
Far better than the first season (world setup) and better than the movie (upper moon showcase), second season is where KnY is really starting (fights vs upper moons and Muzan).
It follows the classic battle shonen tropes, if you have a problem with dumb comedy, useless dialogues and long battles, this anime isn't for you!
Mar 13, 2022 1:09 PM
Apr 2014
Hyrulia said:
dumb comedy, useless dialogues and long battles

But muh animation quality ;) Guess I'm spoiled by TenSura.
Edit: regarding battles at least
Mar 13, 2022 1:51 PM

Mar 2017
I voted for better than S1 just for the animation alone. If a show is mainly focused on fights and spaced climax scenes, animation better slap, and since S2 had more and better examples of those I think it improved on its predecessor.

While, in other genres I might get caught up analysing every detail, in Shounen the show just has to be hype, and Demon Slayer does an amazing job at doing just that.

The soundtrack and effects together with the fight choreographies and pace all culminating in a climax, made it impossible to take the eyes off the screen and that for me is what Shounen has always been.
Mar 13, 2022 2:25 PM

Apr 2019
Basically nothing new compared to Mugen Train, so considering it's a sequel that added nothing, it's definitely worse than s1.
Mar 13, 2022 2:32 PM
Apr 2021
exact same as season 1, below average stroy amazing work by ufotbable
Mar 13, 2022 2:52 PM
May 2021
Wow... Another thread criticizing demon slayer... So original!!!
Mar 13, 2022 2:55 PM
Jul 2018
I personally liked it better than season 1.
Mar 13, 2022 3:05 PM

Oct 2021
The best part of DS is that drum demon fight and S2 still doesn't have a moment that's better.

below season 1 (your vote)
Mar 13, 2022 3:29 PM
Feb 2021
Yeah, you are right about the whole dialogue in this season. But reflect again when comparing season one and two. Season one involved one of the most basic elements of shonen stories: world building. We are literally introduced to the world of Demon Slayer. The Kamado family introduced. Concept of demons; what they are and the people who slay them. Okay, more characters introduced to support the protagonist. More antagonists introduced to provide the main trio with tests. Also, they function as part of the whole scheme surrounding the ever revered Muzan-sama, the central antagonist of the story. The few missions in the first season served as the blueprint for the entirety of the series, fight scene and emotions, which were really elevated since we were still in the season premiere that is just introducing us and Tanjiro to the demon slaying world.

Season two is pretty basic. Months have gone by since the Mugen Train Incident and the main trio of the story have a good understanding of how the world which they stay in works. Entertainment District Arc was just one of many missions Tanjiro carried out (with a Hashira of course). Everything from now is just simple; Tanjiro going on missions and interacting with fellow demon slayers, fighting side by side with them. Then there would often be stories for everyone and what motivates them with more plot details potentially till such series end.

The thing that separate both seasons from what you are/may be feeling is the initial world building. You may have been excited for more, then you were given a season that was solely a drawn out mission like you said. Season two isn't bad, it's just part of the elements of season one and the franchise in general.
Mar 13, 2022 3:33 PM
Nov 2021
I thought it was way better than season one. season one was good a low seven but this season was better it was shorter more tighter in terms of story it felt more focused etc
Mar 13, 2022 3:34 PM
Nov 2021
ThreeTrap said:
I really tried to like it, but ultimately I found this season to be a huge downer.

To elaborate on this:

yeah the constant talking during fighting was annoying ASF I remember I brought this up in a forum here and suggested ways they should fix it and people reported my post and got it deleted 🤦🏻‍♂️
Mar 13, 2022 3:35 PM
Nov 2021
BerserkerArmorr said:
Way better than s1, it ain't even comparable. Demon Slayers biggest flaw for me, is that it is TOO shonen, in the sense that it never tries to stray a bit from the shonen themes and it becomes obnoxious at times, but overall, this season proved to me that DS is one of the greatest anime to just turn off your brain and enjoy a fun, well-produced shonen anime.

yeah it's shonen so I grade it on a shonen scale you kinda have to grade every thing with different scales in anime like shonen slice of life etc
Mar 13, 2022 3:58 PM

Sep 2016
I think S1 is better because at least it's not incoherent, you can see Tanjiro training and working hard, which takes years and he gradually progresses.

This season may seem more entertaining due to infiltration and the fight with upper moon 6, but I can't take it seriously after seeing that the main characters are seriously injured, in vital organs, and then get up and continue fighting as if it's nothing, no injuries seem to matter to demon slayers anymore, they seem to have the body of a demon that regenerates.
Mar 13, 2022 4:00 PM
Apr 2014
BigHomieTrapa said:
The thing that separate both seasons from what you are/may be feeling is the initial world building. You may have been excited for more, then you were given a season that was solely a drawn out mission like you said. Season two isn't bad, it's just part of the elements of season one and the franchise in general.

I think that if we let season 1 be the world-building one (with a final fight), then season 2 would have to deliver a compelling progression or fight (or both).

Instead it got into this weird mix of not-really-progression, semi-fight, semi-comedy, all with a very dark setting. And in itself the fight was very good, the dark setting matched very well, but then you throw in some comedy and annoying dialogues that feel out of place. Or you drag it on for so long until the characters actually realize what is going on. And let the fights go on for so long that you've seen every attack multiple times (guided by repetitive evil-explains-his-superiority dialogs). If the whole point was to make the viewer suffer the back and forth of finally bringing the fight to an end, then it did deliver. I actually had to skip the whole backstory of Daki because at that point I just wanted to see them gone and didn't care.

What I'm trying to say is that I do (have to) realize it's a shounen - but it doesn't feel like the thing that season 1 made you hope for what this seasons could have been.
ThreeTrapMar 13, 2022 4:04 PM
Mar 13, 2022 4:12 PM
Apr 2014
Angeisa said:
they seem to have the body of a demon that regenerates.

Now that you mention it, it doesn't make sense with Tanjirou.

It's not so much meant as a rant, more as some points I just remembered that also confirm my point.
Mar 13, 2022 4:43 PM

Nov 2020
ThreeTrap said:

To elaborate on this:

That’s cause this whole season is basically just one big fight hence why it’s only 11 episodes long. If you’re this upset about barely any character development then just read the manga 🤷‍♂️
Mar 13, 2022 4:46 PM
Feb 2021
On par with season 1, so an 8/10. Action and animation are 10/10, but the dialogue and characters are epitome of mid.
Mar 13, 2022 5:11 PM

Jun 2019
First few episodes were bad because they won't shut up. But episodes after that are cool.

Frankly, I'm just here for the fight scenes. Story is not as engaging to the point that I'm willing to be spoiled.
Mar 13, 2022 5:36 PM

Sep 2016
ThreeTrap said:
Now that you mention it, it doesn't make sense with Tanjirou.

It's not so much meant as a rant, more as some points I just remembered that also confirm my point.

I had forgotten about the fever, just to justify the pu, and there is more, like tanjiro holding the sword with his fingers totally broken, how is he going to be able to face an upper moon in that state. And as you mention upper moon 6 defeated like 15 pillars. Also in the manga it's mentioned that in 100 years no pillar had defeated any upper moon, but Tanjiro and friends who are kanoe rank survive and win.

About the poison, only Tengen could bear it because he's a shinobi, but Tanjiro must have died.
Mar 13, 2022 7:05 PM
Dec 2021
I didn't have much expectations for s2 anyways i just watch it for the animation and fights but it was definately better than s1
Mar 13, 2022 7:06 PM
Feb 2022
Dissapointment
But that comes for source material
Ufotable showed again why it's the king
Mar 13, 2022 7:06 PM

Mar 2019
I say it's pretty average. It's a letdown for me, considering i like both season 1 and Mugen Train.

I play BanG Dream! Girls Band Party

Garupa EN ID: 10759829
Garupa JP ID: 36753163
Mar 13, 2022 7:18 PM
Feb 2021
ThreeTrap said:
BigHomieTrapa said:

I think that if we let season 1 be the world-building one (with a final fight), then season 2 would have to deliver a compelling progression or fight (or both).

Instead it got into this weird mix of not-really-progression, semi-fight, semi-comedy, all with a very dark setting. And in itself the fight was very good, the dark setting matched very well, but then you throw in some comedy and annoying dialogues that feel out of place. Or you drag it on for so long until the characters actually realize what is going on. And let the fights go on for so long that you've seen every attack multiple times (guided by repetitive evil-explains-his-superiority dialogs). If the whole point was to make the viewer suffer the back and forth of finally bringing the fight to an end, then it did deliver. I actually had to skip the whole backstory of Daki because at that point I just wanted to see them gone and didn't care.

What I'm trying to say is that I do (have to) realize it's a shounen - but it doesn't feel like the thing that season 1 made you hope for what this seasons could have been.
Yeah. I even had a hard time reading this arc in the manga. But the anime made it so much better (and this is without taking the animation into consideration). I rewatched season one after my initial binging. That's how much I liked it.
Mar 13, 2022 8:12 PM

Mar 2021
I really love this season but the only sad thing is just 12 episode. like the manga was very short or?
Mar 13, 2022 8:14 PM

Mar 2021
AniManga_Boy07 said:

I think this thread is for people opinion about season 2
Mar 13, 2022 8:22 PM
May 2021
Worsties said:
AniManga_Boy07 said:

I think this thread is for people opinion about season 2
the title literally says that was this as disappointing as the previous one...
I don't think it's simply asking for opinions
Mar 13, 2022 8:50 PM

Jun 2021
ThreeTrap said:

To elaborate on this:

Bruh that “highly” sexualised doesn't even make sense you're exaggerating stuff way too much tbh
Imo he slapped aoi to show that he was their superior and that they shouldn't disobey him and about that other thing .....the story is set in taisho era mate there was still a lot of stuff like this way back then too
I do agree on that zenitsu part tho
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 13, 2022

455 by prodigy_ck »»
May 5, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Dec 12, 2021

186 by jumbosan »»
Apr 25, 6:02 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 5, 2021

267 by jumbosan »»
Apr 25, 4:42 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2022

536 by Term4738 »»
Apr 15, 8:02 PM

» Why is Tengen so underrated? ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - Mar 15

52 by Leon888 »»
Apr 7, 10:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.