Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sabikui Bisco (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 7, 2022 9:58 AM

Sep 2020
Spoilers for the newest episode.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2022 10:22 AM

Mar 2021
Bruh. We're talking about bullets (imbued with rust) here. The more he takes the more the rust takes over his body. It's actually not as bad as you're thinking.

My only problem with his death, was withstanding all the pain from the lava. Dude's whole lower body was sinking in the lava, but he was just going about his day.
Mar 7, 2022 10:23 AM
Feb 2022
I don't know what I will feel. I think there is still more to it. Let's see the next episodes.
Mar 7, 2022 10:25 AM
Jul 2021
I just finished it and I swear I can't believe that just happened! WTF????! How did the story twist like that?
Mar 7, 2022 10:29 AM

Sep 2021
Yuri_Niji said:

my guy literally took like 3 rust bullets and is rusting to death. i mean dude lost like all of his fingers his legs would probably crack next if anything

also
hgwnejmp.ädqwsd
Mar 7, 2022 10:30 AM

Sep 2020
Potatoboy11 said:
Bruh. We're talking about bullets (imbued with rust) here. The more he takes the more the rust takes over his body. It's actually not as bad as you're thinking.

My only problem with his death, was withstanding all the pain from the lava. Dude's whole lower body was sinking in the lava, but he was just going about his day.

I can understand that for the bullet parts but the end part is my main issue. Did he really have to bite him? There were multiple other things he could have done.

And yeah how the hell was he not in excruciating pain while in the rust? Shouldn’t it be disintegrating his body?

This is why I’m hoping it is a fake out death
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2022 10:39 AM
Jul 2016
arcast said:
Yuri_Niji said:

my guy literally took like 3 rust bullets and is rusting to death. i mean dude lost like all of his fingers his legs would probably crack next if anything

also
wait really bisco is alive? If not iam not gonna bother with this anime anymore
Mar 7, 2022 10:52 AM

Aug 2017
Straighti said:
arcast said:

also

of course he is. he is the titular main character
Mar 7, 2022 11:04 AM
Jul 2016
-Elevate- said:
Straighti said:

ohhhh nice and does he get the chance to Dap that E cup chick?
Or alteast do they get together? Iam really sick of these gay shippers man
Mar 7, 2022 11:08 AM

Aug 2017
Straighti said:
-Elevate- said:

ohhhh nice and does he get the chance to Dap that E cup chick?
Or alteast do they get together? Iam really sick of these gay shippers man

i’m just assuming havent read the ln but idk man bisco actually being dead wouldn’t make too much sense because his name is in the anime title. it wouldn’t be the first time in anime where a character believed to be dead turned out be alive somehow.
Mar 7, 2022 11:43 AM

Jun 2021
I cried. I full on ugly cried, knowing that this is 100% a fakeout death I was a mess of tears.
For people who think it was dramatic and unnecessary, I think it'll hit harder when you watch it knowing they were making it as emotional as they wanted because it wasn't a final death.
If this was actually "that's it Bisco is dead" I would be angry, but I think its the most beautifully done misdirect death I've ever seen.

I might just be an emotional softy but I thought it was perfect.
Mar 7, 2022 1:00 PM
Sep 2018
I agree kurokowa should have been dead last episode and even then bisco had so many chances to kill him durring the fight by just throwing him into the lava
Mar 7, 2022 1:04 PM
Mar 2020
Yuri_Niji said:

mate ffs , could you not see he was pretty much dead anyway? his arms were falling off due to the rust , he was toying with Kurokawa to have some fun in his final moments.
Mar 7, 2022 1:06 PM
Mar 2020
Yuri_Niji said:
Potatoboy11 said:

I can understand that for the bullet parts but the end part is my main issue. Did he really have to bite him? There were multiple other things he could have done.

And yeah how the hell was he not in excruciating pain while in the rust? Shouldn’t it be disintegrating his body?

This is why I’m hoping it is a fake out death
he was toying with him , because he kinda knew he is dead anyway.
Mar 7, 2022 1:29 PM

Sep 2020
SpRayquaza11 said:
Yuri_Niji said:

mate ffs , could you not see he was pretty much dead anyway? his arms were falling off due to the rust , he was toying with Kurokawa to have some fun in his final moments.

I could see that but we never got any dialogue or anything to hint towards that. He just kept going on about how he will defeat Kurokawa. You would think he would at least want to stay above ground just in case he does get a chance to say a final goodbye to Javi who he knows is around and could come back once done getting rid of the canon
Mar 7, 2022 1:31 PM

Jan 2021
Posted this on the Episode 9 Discussion might do better here.

Seeing people say that "Bisco was going to die anyway might as well do it in style" makes me cringe. I felt nothing when Bisco died, his death was boring and dragged out. Bisco's death would have mattered more if he died from the rust itself. Rust the disease that he himself was trying to cure in order to save his mentor and reclaim the righteous name of the mushroom keepers. Rust the number 1 killer in this new world finally killed this brash caring hero. When Milo found Bisco at that moment where his fingers rusted off, your damm sure Milo would have poured his soul into saving Bisco. Milo doesn't give up easily, we've seen this in the episode with the giant crab. Milo's kindness and determination are core parts of his personality. Milo shouldn't have shot Bisco from a distance but have Bisco die in his arms, surrounded by a person that loves him. I don't know if Bisco could have survived; probably not but dude should have gotten to die by his friends side and not the governors.
Mar 7, 2022 1:42 PM
Mar 2020
Yuri_Niji said:
SpRayquaza11 said:

I could see that but we never got any dialogue or anything to hint towards that. He just kept going on about how he will defeat Kurokawa. You would think he would at least want to stay above ground just in case he does get a chance to say a final goodbye to Javi who he knows is around and could come back once done getting rid of the canon
true I'm not saying the scene had no room for improvement, hell I thought the pacing of the fight was a bit off , but I don't think bisco was in the wrong here he knew he is dead so he went ahead and had his fun before dying, but the him jumping intothe lava was bit uncalled for but there is a reason for that you'll see in later eps (ofc they went let him die right?).
Mar 7, 2022 1:52 PM
Sep 2021
Tbh that’s one of the lousiest fights I’ve seen in anime.Bisco could have easily pushed him into the rust but he chose not to..Im really disappointed
WildCat912Mar 7, 2022 2:01 PM
Mar 7, 2022 1:58 PM

Sep 2020
SpRayquaza11 said:
Yuri_Niji said:

true I'm not saying the scene had no room for improvement, hell I thought the pacing of the fight was a bit off , but I don't think bisco was in the wrong here he knew he is dead so he went ahead and had his fun before dying, but the him jumping intothe lava was bit uncalled for but there is a reason for that you'll see in later eps (ofc they went let him die right?).
Yeah I understand now and see what you mean. That lava jump was very dumb. And yeah he most likely didn’t die there. He is the title character after all
Mar 7, 2022 2:12 PM
Apr 2014
Potatoboy11 said:

Yeah i thought the same. Okay they were trying to make him look cool in his final moments but it was still weird
Onnly logical explanation is that he took pain killing shrooms
Mar 7, 2022 2:42 PM

Jun 2010
Fake out for sure... but I literally cannot see how they will turn this around.
Mar 7, 2022 4:34 PM
Dec 2020
he lost 1 arm,1 eyes,3 finger in the leftover arm,3 shot in 1 legs,not sure how he can stand kn 1 leg to kick Kurokawa
Mar 7, 2022 5:13 PM

May 2012
Mar 7, 2022 5:22 PM
Mar 2021
Yuri_Niji said:

If they didn’t have the milo fake out death in the previous episode I would probably like the scene and that speech at the end sucked
Mar 7, 2022 5:29 PM
Jun 2021
All I will say is that I assume that bisco him self though he was dead and hence why he risked it all. Also looking at this scene like it is going to be important latter on it was well done and emotional. Also he said the terminator line so he is not dead
CdiQuinnMar 7, 2022 5:35 PM
Mar 7, 2022 5:37 PM
Jun 2021
Potatoboy11 said:

I assume since it was rust and his body was rusted all the way down he did feel the pain as much as remembered his fingers did just fall of and his arm and he felt nothing
Mar 7, 2022 5:39 PM
Jun 2021
PurpleMagic said:
Posted this on the Episode 9 Discussion might do better here.

Seeing people say that "Bisco was going to die anyway might as well do it in style" makes me cringe. I felt nothing when Bisco died, his death was boring and dragged out. Bisco's death would have mattered more if he died from the rust itself. Rust the disease that he himself was trying to cure in order to save his mentor and reclaim the righteous name of the mushroom keepers. Rust the number 1 killer in this new world finally killed this brash caring hero. When Milo found Bisco at that moment where his fingers rusted off, your damm sure Milo would have poured his soul into saving Bisco. Milo doesn't give up easily, we've seen this in the episode with the giant crab. Milo's kindness and determination are core parts of his personality. Milo shouldn't have shot Bisco from a distance but have Bisco die in his arms, surrounded by a person that loves him. I don't know if Bisco could have survived; probably not but dude should have gotten to die by his friends side and not the governors.

I agree with that and wanted that but bisco is not that type of person he doesn’t want other to see his pain and wanted to protect them with his life he tried this like 3 times already
Mar 7, 2022 11:31 PM

Mar 2021
Anyone knows which LN volume and chapter, this episode adapted?
Mar 8, 2022 12:13 AM
Feb 2022
Yuri_Niji said:

yay it's kind of it.
Mar 8, 2022 12:15 AM

Jul 2021
I can't see why it's stupid and it's really logical by looking at some of the illustration from the Ln volumes where it's obvious that he's going to probably get resurrected, after all it's Sabikui Bisco, so gotta have Bisco or otherwise what's the point of the story, and Milo is probably going to have some character development I guess.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Mar 8, 2022 4:33 AM

Aug 2017
now that i watched the episode sure he is dead for sure for now but i’m 100% sure something will happen and bisco is resurrected somehow and i also don’t think this was it with kurokawa either.
bisco is the title giving main character him dying in the first volume and never coming back? in the first volume? with his name in the title of the story?

he will for sure come back the question will be how? i hope it will be done in a way that makes sense
Mar 8, 2022 4:38 AM
Jul 2018
-Elevate- said:
Straighti said:

I read somewhere that Bisco and Milo have the same meaning so I think Milo is the main character.
Mar 8, 2022 5:20 AM

Aug 2017
ethan_c2107 said:
-Elevate- said:

I read somewhere that Bisco and Milo have the same meaning so I think Milo is the main character.

i can see there being a mushroom that revives bisco but everyone would hate that.
Mar 8, 2022 5:22 AM
Apr 2021
Spoiler:
Episode 11 is named “I’m Bisco!”, so he’s probably not dead. I mean.. this is anime series with humans that have supernatural powers. Being “shot dead” doesn’t always need to mean that the character is actually gone.
Mar 8, 2022 5:48 AM
Oct 2021
Yuri_Niji said:

I found the whole episode profoundly stupidly, with plot convenience piled on top of plot armour piled on top of generally awful script writing. I'm sure it makes more sense in the source material, but the anime adaptation was complete disaster zone as far as I'm concerned.

It's certainly possible to make the events depicted in the episode work and for the whole thing to land emotionally, but they really didn't put in the work to make it resonate. Well, for me at least, it seems like plenty of people still liked it plenty.
Mar 8, 2022 10:55 AM
Jan 2021
Kurokawa and Bisco probably will come back dur to the immense plot armour they both have. I'm sad and a bit hacked off at the fact they killed off the only good character so far.
Mar 8, 2022 12:09 PM
Aug 2021
Has anybody actually read the LN. I have looked for it every where and can't find it
Mar 8, 2022 5:34 PM

Jun 2021
I haven't read it but the Light Novels basically JUST started getting published in English. Volume 1 is out and Volume 2 is on its way.
https://www.booksamillion.com/p/Sabikui-Bisco-Light-Novel/Mocha/9781975336813?id=8467885485849

Hope that helps!
Mar 23, 2022 10:55 PM
Jan 2021
Potatoboy11 said:

I have to agree with this as well as the "plop" on the lava was unrealistic like they hit the floor. I find it kindof funny those who say Milo should have saved Bisco. How? He is slowly melting below Milo who is several stories up. Even if Milo did manage to get Bisco out, his chances of immediate death afterwards are almost certain.
Mar 24, 2022 3:59 AM

Mar 2021
merlin2v said:
Potatoboy11 said:

I have to agree with this as well as the "plop" on the lava was unrealistic like they hit the floor. I find it kindof funny those who say Milo should have saved Bisco. How? He is slowly melting below Milo who is several stories up. Even if Milo did manage to get Bisco out, his chances of immediate death afterwards are almost certain.

You should watch episode 11. It's waaaaay more funny rn.
Apr 6, 2022 2:04 PM

Feb 2018
Yeah, it was pretty lame. I had high regards towards this anime up until episode 7 hit us with a faster pacing and lamer story progression.
Apr 6, 2022 2:07 PM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
I really enjoyed the first half or 3/4 of it. The last few episodes sadly dropped a lot in quality

smoochie smoochie

Apr 28, 2022 10:58 PM

May 2014
MonkeeDan said:
I really enjoyed the first half or 3/4 of it. The last few episodes sadly dropped a lot in quality

Agree with it. Overall it was a interesting show but in last episodes some scene were so naive and nonsense. Even in them nice OST and little romance helped, however not enough to keep good score.

Total: 7/10 (as otaku I will appreciate it and can give 7.5 but I would not be surprised if someone very irritated gave in opposition 6.5)
BankaiGokuApr 28, 2022 11:09 PM
### ||| 私はアニメと日本文化が大好きです ||| ###"Kago-ni noru hito, katsugu hito, sono mata waraji-o tsukuru." ###

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sabikui Bisco Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2022

85 by Yasminaa »»
Apr 11, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Sabikui Bisco Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Softhenic03 - Mar 28, 2022

141 by Talamare »»
Jan 14, 2:44 AM

Poll: » Sabikui Bisco Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2022

101 by Talamare »»
Jan 13, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Sabikui Bisco Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2022

200 by Koukyoukyoku »»
Jan 10, 2:28 AM

Poll: » Sabikui Bisco Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MadanielFL - Mar 21, 2022

116 by yezzy-Unofficial »»
Jan 8, 12:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.