Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 5, 2022 9:48 AM

Jan 2019
In episode 9, Shinju wears this thing called B Holder to hide her breasts and cosplay as the male character Souma.

Did you know about that tool? Do you think it's possible to hide those watermelon sized boobs of hers like they did? I mean, it was definitely exaggerated since it's anime, I guess.

Sauce 1.

Sauce 2.

Sauce 3.

Pretty crazy stuff. I wonder how much this hurts to use.
Mar 5, 2022 9:55 AM
Mar 2021
It’s basically a binder. I haven’t personally tried one but my friends have with bigger watermelons. It is possible. You can’t get completely flat but pretty darn close.
Mar 5, 2022 9:56 AM

Nov 2019
Yeah! I don't know Bholder specifically, but binders yeah! They're used a lot in the trans community by trans men / trans masc people.
Mar 5, 2022 10:00 AM

Jan 2019
stephie-kun said:
Yeah! I don't know Bholder specifically, but binders yeah! They're used a lot in the trans community by trans men / trans masc people.

Yeah, I thought it would be similar to what trans men use while I was watching, but I didn't know if they're the same thing with different name.

bela_lolxx said:
It’s basically a binder. I haven’t personally tried one but my friends have with bigger watermelons. It is possible. You can’t get completely flat but pretty darn close.

That's pretty cool. Is it comfortable, though? I suppose you have to get a custom sized one for max comfort?
Mar 5, 2022 10:04 AM
Mar 2021
Sheklon said:
stephie-kun said:

Yeah, I thought it would be similar to what trans men use while I was watching, but I didn't know if they're the same thing with different name.

bela_lolxx said:

That's pretty cool. Is it comfortable, though? I suppose you have to get a custom sized one for max comfort?

They said it’s not super comfortable if you wear it 2+ hours. But other than that it’s pretty comfortable. It also doesn’t hurt it just feels uncomfortable and kinda of itchy lol! i can ask them more questions if your still curious!!!
Mar 5, 2022 10:06 AM

Mar 2008
But in the anime, they also use this sarashi wrap, so double effect? I guess...

Mar 5, 2022 10:14 AM

Nov 2021
Everyday we get something new to learn xD.

(Desktop mode) โฌ‡๏ธ

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Mar 5, 2022 10:18 AM

Jan 2019
bela_lolxx said:
Sheklon said:

They said it’s not super comfortable if you wear it 2+ hours. But other than that it’s pretty comfortable. It also doesn’t hurt it just feels uncomfortable and kinda of itchy lol! i can ask them more questions if your still curious!!!

Thanks for the info, I was just a bit curious. XD

Saygram said:
But in the anime, they also use this sarashi wrap, so double effect? I guess...

Yeah, might be. lol
Mar 5, 2022 12:47 PM

Jun 2021
im curious, does it hurt? its like pressing ur chest. is it hard to breathe?
Mar 5, 2022 1:30 PM

Jul 2021
Pretty sure it's gonna hurt, can even have trouble breathing, depending on the bust size. You are basically compressing your chest, right? I looked up on google and seems like B holders are kind of elastic or something.

Remember what happened with Yuzu from Taishou Otome of last season (Season 1 Episode 4), she used to wear something similar and it got her in huge trouble.

Though I do feel the effect of these B holders was heavily exaggerated in the anime, Shinju's chest became non-existent, it looked like a guy's chest, I don't think it's possible to achieve the flatness to that extent IRL, even if it is, I think it's going to be painful, but guess it's okay if you are going to wear it for just a few minutes till you get pictures clicked or something.

I mean just look at this, just how? Where did they go?

It's either just heavily exaggerated or there's some kind of black magic involved xD.
TsutanaiFuunMar 5, 2022 1:35 PM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Mar 5, 2022 10:59 PM
Jul 2018
I think they are helpful but prolonged us may cause pain in shoulders and area around the chest
Mar 6, 2022 6:23 AM

Aug 2020
It's definitely exaggerated.
Yes, binders (which the b-holder essentially is) are very effective, for a normal chest-to-body ratio at least, though even then it's usually not ENTIRELY flat unless there wasn't much chest to begin with.

But the ratio is the important part. You can hide a gigantic chest on a more heavy-set person just fine, and you can hide a smaller chest on a tiny frame just fine. Her chest is unrealistically large though for someone with her tiny frame, especially considering her "just starting puberty" age. Each is already way bigger than her head...

So it's basically a mixture of "yes, that kind of thing really exists and works pretty well" and "it wouldn't work that well on her in particular but someone like her wouldn't exist anyway so let's all just suspend our disbelief" :)
Mar 6, 2022 10:56 AM
Sep 2021
Now they are advertising about a anime character hiding her breast.

Bravo ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Mar 6, 2022 4:06 PM

May 2018
They work to a certain extent, much like a binder a transgender female-to-male person would wear, however they are not comfortable. The larger your breasts the less comfortable it would be. It compresses your chest you make you flatter, so it's very tight and hard to breathe. Much like how a corset makes your waist smaller, it will do the same thing to your chest. With things like binders, it's not recommended you wear it for more than 5-10 hours, let alone sleep or eat a lot while wearing it. Things like wearing it everyday, not wearing it safely, not wearing the right size, ect can result in genuine damage to the body.

Even then, with her cup size a binder/b-holder would not have such an exaggerated effect. With such a large bust there isn't anyway to reduce it without either losing weight or something surgical, like a breast reduction or what a trans female-to-male person would get, complete top-surgery.

SleepySera said:
Her chest is unrealistically large though for someone with her tiny frame, especially considering her "just starting puberty" age. Each is already way bigger than her head...

This is not true. It is genetics. Even someone of a small size could have naturally large breasts, even just starting puberty. While the character was sexualised in this episode, breasts aren't inherently sexual, the reason people think it's unrealistic for someone this age to have a large bust is because they assume breasts that are large naturally have sexual connotations. But they shouldn't. The human body is not inherently sexual, even if big breasts are treated as such and are seen as desirable by many men. For most women, large breasts are a massive inconvenience and most want nothing more than to be rid of them, and I can speak from experience, as someone who went through puberty early compared to others and someone who is of a large bust. This episode and her character really resonated me.
SeijatachiiiiMar 6, 2022 4:20 PM
Mar 7, 2022 5:25 AM

Jan 2019
TsutanaiFuun said:
Though I do feel the effect of these B holders was heavily exaggerated in the anime, Shinju's chest became non-existent, it looked like a guy's chest, I don't think it's possible to achieve the flatness to that extent IRL, even if it is, I think it's going to be painful, but guess it's okay if you are going to wear it for just a few minutes till you get pictures clicked or something.

I mean just look at this, just how? Where did they go?

It's either just heavily exaggerated or there's some kind of black magic involved xD.

Exactly, some black magic was definitely involved in that scene. Anime artists just can't help themselves being radical, I guess. XD

Seijatachiiii said:
They work to a certain extent, much like a binder a transgender female-to-male person would wear, however they are not comfortable. The larger your breasts the less comfortable it would be. It compresses your chest you make you flatter, so it's very tight and hard to breathe. Much like how a corset makes your waist smaller, it will do the same thing to your chest. With things like binders, it's not recommended you wear it for more than 5-10 hours, let alone sleep or eat a lot while wearing it. Things like wearing it everyday, not wearing it safely, not wearing the right size, ect can result in genuine damage to the body.

Even then, with her cup size a binder/b-holder would not have such an exaggerated effect. With such a large bust there isn't anyway to reduce it without either losing weight or something surgical, like a breast reduction or what a trans female-to-male person would get, complete top-surgery.

SleepySera said:
Her chest is unrealistically large though for someone with her tiny frame, especially considering her "just starting puberty" age. Each is already way bigger than her head...

This is not true. It is genetics. Even someone of a small size could have naturally large breasts, even just starting puberty. While the character was sexualised in this episode, breasts aren't inherently sexual, the reason people think it's unrealistic for someone this age to have a large bust is because they assume breasts that are large naturally have sexual connotations. But they shouldn't. The human body is not inherently sexual, even if big breasts are treated as such and are seen as desirable by many men. For most women, large breasts are a massive inconvenience and most want nothing more than to be rid of them, and I can speak from experience, as someone who went through puberty early compared to others and someone who is of a large bust. This episode and her character really resonated me.

Ugh, that sounds uncomfortable, but yes, I suppose you shouldn't be subjecting your body to literal compression very often and/or radically.

As for body ratio, I've personally never seen a woman that naturally looks like anime girls in those terms. There are definitely many cases of fat concentration in the chest, but I don't think SleepySera was suggesting that this doesn't exist at all, just that they don't usually get that big in relation to the body. Although certain clothes might give that impression.
Mar 9, 2022 9:01 AM
Jul 2015
Not a girl, so don't judge me, but isn't that bad for the breasts all squishy?
perkunos.blogspot.com
Apr 29, 2022 3:30 PM
Apr 2022
Paulo_Goncalves said:
Not a girl, so don't judge me, but isn't that bad for the breasts all squishy?

If you are an adult and your body have fully formed itself, a binder (a fitting one) can be used for up to 8/9 hours without problems.
For underage girls, it is not recommended because their bodys are still forming itself, so it can cause health problems if used for to long.
In any case, it is always better to have a medical opinion before using, but it shouldn't be a problem for 1 or 2 hours. It will just be more uncomfortable, the bigger the size ๐Ÿ˜…
Jan 8, 7:40 AM
Jan 2024
"I bound my chest using a B Holder and a sarashi wrap." Shinju, the english subs. At least, what I got. So, she's not using just a B holder, she's also using the sarashi wrap they tried earlier.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2022

366 by Netbug »»
4 hours ago

» Is Marin fujoshi?

Sanjay63773 - Feb 29

15 by Rinrinka »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2022

394 by twzter »»
Apr 17, 1:29 PM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Homura24 - Mar 26, 2022

483 by LeRaMtE »»
Apr 3, 2:50 PM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2022

242 by SonuItUp »»
Mar 20, 7:44 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.