Forum Settings
Forums

Determining Anime Adaptations & Anime Continuation

New
Mar 5, 2022 5:07 AM

Dec 2009
Similar to this old thread

I'm wondering if anyone knows how to track the possibility of general quota that may determine a manga to get an anime adaptation, and what quota (that's at least a factual good estimate) for an anime to continue.

[Anime Adaptations:]
Are there any studios that can be somewhat or occasionally predictable based on their history of what manga they adapt into anime (whether they're solely promoting for one-few seasons, support of the mangaka or a full adaptation.)
... Or are they all mostly unpredictable?

Can we at least track what amount of manga sales and popularity generally influences a specific or several studios to pick that manga?
Is it easy to know if studio is likely or not to pick that manga based on their history of genre.

[Anime Sequels:]
Most publishing manga that do get an anime only get one season, for whatever reason or another- typically for promotion of the source manga and/or lacking sales unresourceful of another season.
Unless another season gets announced early, how can we determine if that studio or another will continue the anime.

Can we accurately track how that studio chooses to continue the anime?
Are their websites or public stats of the number of views and sales that typically influences them to continue that anime.

So, if it wasn't obvious.
I'm not asking the unknown unpredictable concepts of;
The Mangaka accepting/choosing to get an anime early or after completion- or the common sense that a manga and anime has to be popular and sell well for a studio to want to continue to make money off of it.

I'm asking for the specifics on how to track their ways of how they choose based on their and the general numbers/etc., so that I can predict whether a manga may get an anime, or an anime may get a continuation.
waalex11Jul 20, 2023 1:24 PM
Mar 6, 2022 3:30 PM

Oct 2017
Usually an anime studio are provided a selection of series and they decide on what they adapt afaik
Mar 6, 2022 9:02 PM

Dec 2009
With a bit of successful research online through AnimeNewsNetwork and a few other articles, I somewhat have better insight to some things...

Although, looking back at my old thread, I don't think I realized, and forgot that the Oricon rankings is the best insight I can have to what type of high sales influences for a manga to get an anime adaptation.
Somehow judging the popularity of the manga or anime one way or another is another method to have an idea if it has the potential to become an anime, or continue with another season.

The first article that stands out is the fact that sales and viewership numbers aren't revealed to the public- which somehow didn't cross my mind in desperation of hope, thinking they revealed a bit like they do in the West.
Another is how production works with sponsors which influences the possibility of an anime getting cut short or not, and the fact that anime can get picked by whatever studio has an available slot.

It's not exactly much, but it's making me realize how difficult it truly can be to adapt a manga into an anime, let alone into a good anime, with all these other factors that didn't cross my mind.

... Although, this Editor claims that MangaPlus' data will give insight to its sales which manga could get adapted, so we may have better insight to what type of sales give possibility for an anime adaption or for an anime to continue from other digital manga sellers- if they give insight like MangaPlus will.
waalex11Mar 12, 2022 9:33 PM

More topics from this board

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

378 by Hexcellion »»
12 hours ago

» From all the ongoing (and on hiatus) manga, you can choose only one to eventually reach a conclusion. Which one would it be?

Caciulacdlac - Apr 10

5 by nishant0 »»
Today, 1:00 AM

» Most obscure titles in your list.

Otakupervert890 - Feb 24

21 by nishant0 »»
Today, 12:50 AM

» Do you guys pick up completed axed manga.

zkl_ - Feb 28

13 by bucciest »»
Yesterday, 11:27 PM

Poll: » What is your favorite shounen arc?

HM0710 - Sep 6, 2021

17 by Rhaelynne »»
Yesterday, 9:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.