Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 21, 2022 3:00 AM
Nov 2020
D_DocMay 5, 9:52 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 21, 2022 3:06 AM
Apr 2018
Then watch something else if you don’t like it.
Animefangirl152Feb 21, 2022 3:33 AM
Feb 21, 2022 3:20 AM

Jun 2021
Cestlavie_ said:
M_Danyal said:
I finally convinced myself to watch Demon Slayer S2. I'm on episode 7 currently. It was going so good. Until the fight came. Spoilers:
The demon who is literally the 6th strongest trained for possible hundred of years fights a 10year old boy with a year of experience, who first gets beaten up then remembers his old dead family shit and then suddenly he almost kills her. Bruh wtf is this. Then her 5 yo sister demon is also stronger than her by whatever training she did by sleeping all the time in a box. These shows are so full of bullshit. I cringed so much man during that fight. This is why I've stopped watching anime. There are shonen like JJK too who know how to do fights. Anyway let's see what happens now.
Also this is why AoT is so next level. AoT has to be one of the most realistic anime I've watched, (besides the titans shit u know). Also eren doesn't get stronger by seeing flashbacks. His flashback past eren gets stronger by seeing future eren seeing flashback of him😂😂 lmao. That's cool too

I've watched fairy tail compared to this the power of friendship and ass pulls are so miniscule, and it's Shonen it's not meant to be realistic
and AOT can also be unrealistic at times giving how almost no one from the main cast ever dies,

But yeah shounen mcs always have plot armour
Feb 21, 2022 3:25 AM
Jul 2021
Can you just... Not compare shows?
Feb 21, 2022 3:28 AM
Jan 2021
Cestlavie_ said:
M_Danyal said:
I finally convinced myself to watch Demon Slayer S2. I'm on episode 7 currently. It was going so good. Until the fight came. Spoilers:
The demon who is literally the 6th strongest trained for possible hundred of years fights a 10year old boy with a year of experience, who first gets beaten up then remembers his old dead family shit and then suddenly he almost kills her. Bruh wtf is this. Then her 5 yo sister demon is also stronger than her by whatever training she did by sleeping all the time in a box. These shows are so full of bullshit. I cringed so much man during that fight. This is why I've stopped watching anime. There are shonen like JJK too who know how to do fights. Anyway let's see what happens now.
Also this is why AoT is so next level. AoT has to be one of the most realistic anime I've watched, (besides the titans shit u know). Also eren doesn't get stronger by seeing flashbacks. His flashback past eren gets stronger by seeing future eren seeing flashback of him😂😂 lmao. That's cool too

I've watched fairy tail compared to this the power of friendship and ass pulls are so miniscule, and it's Shonen it's not meant to be realistic
and AOT can also be unrealistic at times giving how almost no one from the main cast ever dies,

bro, what are you on about?
CherryBomb127Feb 21, 2022 3:32 AM
Feb 21, 2022 3:28 AM
Mar 2017
Couple little things, his sister isn't that young, Tanjuro was 13 in chapter one, he trained for just over two years, so he was 15 when he passed the exam. Also while he has a natural ability he did also work extreamly hard and continues to do so. It's not quiet as bad as in other animes that never train and yet always get stronger anyway.i wouldn't call anything he did the power of friendship, rather his morals of someone doing the wrong thing is what sets him off.
Feb 21, 2022 3:30 AM

Jun 2021
CherryBomb127 said:
Cestlavie_ said:

bro, what are you on about? Erwin, Armin and Berutoruto died in S3; Sasha in S4
And
Feb 21, 2022 3:33 AM
Feb 2021
I think almost nobody praises demon slayer for having a heart wrenching beautiful story, it’s shounen at its peak and I can guarantee almost everyone watches this for the amazing animation
Feb 21, 2022 3:33 AM
Mar 2017
Also AoT is so next level? Bro you haven't watched enough anime. Cause they aren't breaking new ground on anything, first realistic? The gas wouldn't be able to be used that much that often, be that small, and provide that thrust. Second even if it could you would wouldn't be able to react like that and would kill yourself. You already know the Titans being able to create that much mass and how they even exist without food couldn't be possible, how could it ever be realistic. You just being degenerate about genres you don't like and wanna sell the idea something you watch is better because you like it more, name something original they did to prove it's: Next Level!
Feb 21, 2022 3:36 AM

May 2020
M_Danyal said:

spitting nothing but facts... so fxcken dumb and annoying
but the best part is there's more of that right
Feb 21, 2022 3:36 AM

May 2020
M_Danyal said:

spitting nothing but facts... so fxcken dumb and annoying
but the best part is there's more of that right
Feb 21, 2022 3:38 AM
Sep 2016
My god, you just made a thread to praise AoT lol. Next time do it in its own forum.
Feb 21, 2022 3:53 AM
Oct 2021
Cestlavie_ said:
ChildEmperor_ said:

But yeah shounen mcs always have plot armour

😂Please I did say 'almost'
And Sasha had been reduced to a background character at that point

That's how it was made from the beginning if any character (currently alive) in the aot dies before present, then the story would have been ended by the marley by exterminating every eldian.
and plus what, Eren who now has the greatest power in AOT world and he too personally wants to save his friends=main characters. (so the chances of them dying is less)

If you don't consider sasha a main character then I think (for you) the main characters are eren mikasa and armin (probably reiner) because except them every character now has almost the same screen time as sasha and that to even Jean and connie had less individual time campared to sasha.
Now in next ep (8) connie is going to get some individual screen time focusing him.

The only plot armor or unrealistic tying that AOT did is that
because I thought it would be very impactful to show his death at the end of the story. (it's just my personal opinion)

AT THE END I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT EVERY ANIME HAS THE PLOT ARMOR( EVEN IT IS GOOD OR BAD) BECAUSE THAT'S THE ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT REASON THE STORY/ANIME IS STILL GOING ON.
IF THERE ISN'T THE PLOT ARMOR THEN WHAT'S THE POINT OF THE STORY IF EVERY CHARACTER EVENTUALLY DIES SOMEHOW.
Feb 21, 2022 3:59 AM

Jan 2021
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1996107

Why the frick have you made the same thread 2 times. You are really trying way too hard.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Feb 21, 2022 3:59 AM
May 2021
Aren't you all tired of saying the same shit again and again
Feb 21, 2022 4:00 AM
Jul 2019
If you don't like it go watch something else instead of crying on forums that attack on titan is better. A show can be flawed and still enjoyable.
Feb 21, 2022 4:01 AM
Oct 2021
Cestlavie_ said:
Sujal234 said:

That's how it was made from the beginning if any character (currently alive) in the aot dies before present, then the story would have been ended by the marley by exterminating every eldian.
and plus what, Eren who now has the greatest power in AOT world and he too personally wants to save his friends=main characters. (so the chances of them dying is less)

If you don't consider sasha a main character then I think (for you) the main characters are eren mikasa and armin (probably reiner) because except them every character now has almost the same screen time as sasha and that to even Jean and connie had less individual time campared to sasha.
Now in next ep (8) connie is going to get some individual screen time focusing him.

The only plot armor or unrealistic tying that AOT did is that
because I thought it would be very impactful to show his death at the end of the story. (it's just my personal opinion)

AT THE END I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT EVERY ANIME HAS THE PLOT ARMOR( EVEN IT IS GOOD OR BAD) BECAUSE THAT'S THE ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT REASON THE STORY/ANIME IS STILL GOING ON.
IF THERE ISN'T THE PLOT ARMOR THEN WHAT'S THE POINT OF THE STORY IF EVERY CHARACTER EVENTUALLY DIES SOMEHOW.

I understand but I'm not criticizing AOT😂 I'm just pointing out it still has plot armor (though not as much)like Demon Slayer cause OP was comparing them.
yeah but we dlshould not judge demon slayer too early, I mean I read the manga and the plot armor of the DS in its final arc is going to be destroyed 😆
Feb 21, 2022 4:01 AM

Jan 2020
I mean like, it's typical shounen stuff.
Feb 21, 2022 4:03 AM
Aug 2021
M_Danyal said:

Tell me you didn’t pay attention without telling me you didn’t pay attention. Tanjiro has gone thru tons of insane training, and daki also is actually kinda weak. Tanjiro has fought some insanely tough demons. He doesn’t magically get powers. After those little flashbacks this time it drives insane rage and anger into him which would boost anyones strengh with adrenaline in real life. Plus when his eyes started to bleed all red that was him partially activating this thing called a demon slayer mark which gives you more power basically. Nezuko got tons of muzans blood and has evolved differently to other demons since she doesn’t eat humans her body has found a better way to get stronger and such which was thru that long year of sleep. And since tanjiro and nezuko come from the sun lineage which is considered the most superior they are both naturally going to be stronger than others. No power of friendship or random power ups here. Just sounds like you don’t pay a lot of attention nor understand the kind of show it is. It’s fine not to like the show but at least don’t give reasons for false claims.
Feb 21, 2022 4:08 AM
Nov 2020
FZREMAKE said:

Why the frick have you made the same thread 2 times. You are really trying way too hard.
Because I realized the thread should be in its own Anime Forum
Feb 21, 2022 4:18 AM

Mar 2019
I mean it's always going to be part of a shounen genre. It's the genre's identity at this point. No matter how much you try to avoid it battle shounens always have this kind of trope in its story. I mean it's fun and you don't really need to think so hard about it. In battle shounen you're meant to root for the protagonist, most of the time the mc is the hero of the story. Having your hero slain or defeated by the antagonist would be disheartening. Some people wouldn't mind having the mc lose once or twice but some don't. It's a classic formula to the shounen genre. No matter how badly beaten up the protagonist is they will get back up and save the day! That's the kind of feeling that most battle shonens are aiming for. Back it up with ufotable and have them draw some flashy water breathing technique animations. And there you have it a masterpiece for people who are into the genre. It's entertaining to see your battle shounen protagonist save the day. If they can't even muster the courage or will to get back up and fight their enemies then it'd be boring to watch. People wouldn't like the protagonist and would lose interest in the series. Some shounens does have a proper explanation for their power ups instead of an asspull like this one. But well it's not like he beat the demon on his own, it was a team effort between the sound pillar, zenitsu and inosuke. So i think it's barely justifiable. Yes, it's ridiculous but some people are into this kind of trope, myself included. This is just how most battle shounen works. It's bad but not the worst. If you want to see something worse watch saint seiya and you'll know what i mean. That show was good when i watched it as a kid but looking back on it, it was very silly. It's only a matter of perspective. Battle shounens can be a hit or miss afterall. Some can be good but some are just ridiculous. But that doesn't stop me from watching more of it. Even if there is only a tiny bit of difference between them.

More than that im kind of tired of seeing people complaining about how unrealistic an anime is. I mean, hello? It's a work of fiction and it doesn't have to be realistic. So you kind of missed the point here. Sometimes people just want an escape from reality, sit back and just watch anime. Why would i want it to be realistic when i was supposed to be relaxing at my couch? A bright and hopeful series such as this one can sometimes be a stress relief. Sure attack on titan is great but that's a different kind of fun, a different form of entertainment for me. It's good and realistic but more so than that it's also depressing. Imagine yourself coming back from work completely tired and watch attack on titan. Your work was already tiring and you watch something depressing like attack on titan at home. I'd question my own mental health for doing that. Because unless you're having fun seeing people get stomped and chomped by titans it wouldn't brighten your mood. It'll only darken your mood and get you depressed. Sure attack on titan is better in many aspects. But do understand that not all people enjoy that kind of show. Sometimes i just want to watch a simple battle shounen like demon slayer.
Feb 21, 2022 5:04 AM

Jan 2021
M_Danyal said:
FZREMAKE said:

Because I realized the thread should be in its own Anime Forum

You realized way too late bro. This thread is already breaking many rules for comparison and being way too repetitive and now you created 2 similar threads.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Feb 21, 2022 5:15 AM
Nov 2020
Jakkun said:
I mean it's always going to be part of a shounen genre. It's the genre's identity at this point. No matter how much you try to avoid it battle shounens always have this kind of trope in its story. I mean it's fun and you don't really need to think so hard about it. In battle shounen you're meant to root for the protagonist, most of the time the mc is the hero of the story. Having your hero slain or defeated by the antagonist would be disheartening. Some people wouldn't mind having the mc lose once or twice but some don't. It's a classic formula to the shounen genre. No matter how badly beaten up the protagonist is they will get back up and save the day! That's the kind of feeling that most battle shonens are aiming for. Back it up with ufotable and have them draw some flashy water breathing technique animations. And there you have it a masterpiece for people who are into the genre. It's entertaining to see your battle shounen protagonist save the day. If they can't even muster the courage or will to get back up and fight their enemies then it'd be boring to watch. People wouldn't like the protagonist and would lose interest in the series. Some shounens does have a proper explanation for their power ups instead of an asspull like this one. But well it's not like he beat the demon on his own, it was a team effort between the sound pillar, zenitsu and inosuke. So i think it's barely justifiable. Yes, it's ridiculous but some people are into this kind of trope, myself included. This is just how most battle shounen works. It's bad but not the worst. If you want to see something worse watch saint seiya and you'll know what i mean. That show was good when i watched it as a kid but looking back on it, it was very silly. It's only a matter of perspective. Battle shounens can be a hit or miss afterall. Some can be good but some are just ridiculous. But that doesn't stop me from watching more of it. Even if there is only a tiny bit of difference between them.

More than that im kind of tired of seeing people complaining about how unrealistic an anime is. I mean, hello? It's a work of fiction and it doesn't have to be realistic. So you kind of missed the point here. Sometimes people just want an escape from reality, sit back and just watch anime. Why would i want it to be realistic when i was supposed to be relaxing at my couch? A bright and hopeful series such as this one can sometimes be a stress relief. Sure attack on titan is great but that's a different kind of fun, a different form of entertainment for me. It's good and realistic but more so than that it's also depressing. Imagine yourself coming back from work completely tired and watch attack on titan. Your work was already tiring and you watch something depressing like attack on titan at home. I'd question my own mental health for doing that. Because unless you're having fun seeing people get stomped and chomped by titans it wouldn't brighten your mood. It'll only darken your mood and get you depressed. Sure attack on titan is better in many aspects. But do understand that not all people enjoy that kind of show. Sometimes i just want to watch a simple battle shounen like demon slayer.
I have a few statements to your reply. I know it's fiction. But the fiction that is relatable is always loved by everyone. It's just that I was thinking that these anime studios or manga creators would get out of this old cliche shit already. But who are we to blame? I guess it's a cultural thing. These shows are made for the Japanese. Not us. So that's on me. Also I would watch AoT anywhere. I love it. BTW who grown ass man watches demon slayer after returning from work? Wrong reference? Lol
Feb 21, 2022 5:19 AM
Jul 2021
It's generic abd everybody knows this
You were aiming for wrong thing
Feb 21, 2022 5:34 AM
Aug 2019
Tbh, your perspective is right. But I was still able to enjoy it despite those problems.
Feb 21, 2022 5:38 AM

Mar 2019
M_Danyal said:
Jakkun said:

I have a few statements to your reply. I know it's fiction. But the fiction that is relatable is always loved by everyone. It's just that I was thinking that these anime studios or manga creators would get out of this old cliche shit already. But who are we to blame? I guess it's a cultural thing. These shows are made for the Japanese. Not us. So that's on me. Also I would watch AoT anywhere. I love it. BTW who grown ass man watches demon slayer after returning from work? Wrong reference? Lol

Well i do watch it after work lmao. I do hope the cliche would die out but that will take a long time. So the smart move for this is to avoid battle shounen with yamashita daiki in it. If you hear deku's voice as the main protagonist that's not a good sign. There's going to be a lot of asspull and power of friendship with him in it. And this anime is the prove of that xD
Feb 21, 2022 6:19 AM
Jun 2021
bro just dont watch it then
Feb 21, 2022 6:32 AM
Aug 2020
M_Danyal said:

I think I used to enjoy these anime the same back then. But now as you get older, you realize that most anime are better left off to children. The only anime that interest me now are AoT, JJK, possibly DBZ and Im keeping up with Boruto too cos of naruto and because It's reaching 1000 episode mark too
thrn just don't watch it
Feb 21, 2022 6:32 AM
Aug 2020
M_Danyal said:

I think I used to enjoy these anime the same back then. But now as you get older, you realize that most anime are better left off to children. The only anime that interest me now are AoT, JJK, possibly DBZ and Im keeping up with Boruto too cos of naruto and because It's reaching 1000 episode mark too
then just don't watch it. also how are you gonna talk about ass pulls and how its bs and then say you're interested in dragon ball, the king of ass pulls?
Feb 21, 2022 6:44 AM

Mar 2021
AniManga_Boy07 said:
Aren't you all tired of saying the same shit again and again

Idiot is not the person who made the thread.
Idiots are those who, knowing its the same shit all over again, reply at it. Start ignoring such posts and he'll realize what kind of a shit he is
Feb 21, 2022 6:47 AM
Oct 2019
maybe you need to stop watching Shounen Action.
Feb 21, 2022 7:00 AM
Jul 2021
AOT is so mid compared to demon slayer
Feb 21, 2022 7:17 AM
Oct 2019
How do people even complain when the MC can’t beat the villain on his own but then whine about Goku doing all/most of the work in DBS
poo poo
Feb 21, 2022 7:21 AM

Mar 2011
You strawman the hell out of Demon Slayer, but what you're complaining about are just things that are present in every battle shonen. Even in Attack on Titan.

If you AOT kids wanna circle jerk your show, go do it on its own forum. It's childish to come here and make bullshit comparisons that don't hold up anyway. Nothing about a fantasy series is ever going to be 'realistic' ever. Not in Demon Slayer and not in Attack on Titan either.
Feb 21, 2022 7:57 AM
Jul 2021
minor nitpick but i think tanjiro is 15-16 years old
Feb 21, 2022 8:00 AM
Jul 2021
M_Danyal said:

anyways to answer your question; no i'm not tired of it cause i like shounens and i love demon slayer. tanjiro is a likeable character and his power ups make sense considering most shounens do the same kind of thing
Feb 21, 2022 8:16 AM
Jan 2018
Demon slayer is one of those anime I just want to sit, watch, and enjoy. But yeah, sometimes I hate the trope not because its overused, I get used to it because Shounen... but overextended which I hate especially dialogue and flashback eating up almost half of the episode and this season make it worse... like just give me the fights already man.
Feb 21, 2022 8:44 AM
Feb 2022
Well he told me before the date he had gotten a dui in the military. I knew it was a red flag but let it go because we all fuck up. Well the date went really well. Except for the fact he didn't kiss me. A little disappointed about that but whatever. Well he told me before the date he had gotten a dui in the military. I knew it was a red flag but let it go because we all fuck up. Well the date went really well. Except for the fact he didn't kiss me. A little disappointed about that but whatever.
Feb 21, 2022 9:02 AM
Mar 2021
Isn't that shounen in a nutshell?
Feb 21, 2022 9:02 AM
Apr 2021
Bro if you wanna jerk off APT talk about it on the AOT thread. You like that your MC is an edgy Hitler. We get it. 🙄
Feb 21, 2022 9:06 AM
Nov 2021
M_Danyal said:

JJK is a show for children and you can’t convince me otherwise. The comedic relief in that show was unbearable.
Feb 21, 2022 9:22 AM
Jan 2017
cool cool, gonna watch gay hentai now...
Hhhmmmmmm.......
Feb 21, 2022 9:28 AM
Jan 2021
You do know that if you watched further you would have realized that Tanjirou wasn't fighting an upper rank demon yet right?? And for Nezuko, let's be honest, we know Muzan himself turned Nezuko into a demon and Muzan's blood has a power up effect on demons, so It's not at all surprising that she has the power of a Upper rank demon (it would have been surprising if she didn't). Also, we've seen that Tanjirou's emotions also have an effect on his power level, it isn't specified if it's because of Hinokami Kagura or not yet.
Feb 21, 2022 9:38 AM
Feb 2021
You have a point but you didn't need to bring AoT here and start a war, that's pretty childish
Feb 21, 2022 9:40 AM

Dec 2020
MunkeeMan said:

JJK is a show for children and you can’t convince me otherwise. The comedic relief in that show was unbearable.

Agreed. Children really like to see people getting slaughtered and curses getting exorcised, don't they?
Feb 21, 2022 9:41 AM
Feb 2022
Normies still believe AOT is great lol
Feb 21, 2022 9:52 AM
Nov 2021
troilus_05s said:
MunkeeMan said:

Agreed. Children really like to see people getting slaughtered and curses getting exorcised, don't they?

Children also like watching families getting butchered in first episodes of the shows they watch as well apparently… so that’s not far off.
Feb 21, 2022 10:00 AM
Apr 2020
M_Danyal said:

That second last paragraph is dumb but I agree with the rest of your post. I'm also fine with Tanjiro's power up because of his father and all the training he did but Nezuko's power up is bullshit
Feb 21, 2022 10:03 AM
Jul 2021
I really love how every shonen trope suddenly became unwatchable when Kimetsu No Yaiba did it, it's not like every show that gets praised to heaven and back still and will always do it, I am not saying that those cliches are always good, even here I didn't like a lot of cliches that happened, but what's more annoying is people treating this show like it's the only show to do mistakes, and yes you can make mistakes and still be good

Edit: Since apparently you are doing this to praise AOT, then let me say, yes AOT is brilliant but it's not without it's super convenient stuff, oh everyone is about to die but wait Eren just touched exactly the only titan in the world that can unlock his super power right before everyone dies, and that's beside Reiner the plot Armor titan and a spoiler in the ending, and you know what, that's my point cliches don't ruin an entire story, just like AOT is still brilliant with all that, KNY is still super fun with all it's cliches
Hussein9Feb 21, 2022 10:13 AM
Feb 21, 2022 10:13 AM

Dec 2020
MunkeeMan said:
troilus_05s said:

Children also like watching families getting butchered in first episodes of the shows they watch as well apparently… so that’s not far off.

Never claimed that anyway. But children do like flashy colorful stuff. Like for example, a group of guys with colourful clothes. Or cool water waves or fire when you swing a sword.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 13, 2022

455 by prodigy_ck »»
May 5, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Dec 12, 2021

186 by jumbosan »»
Apr 25, 6:02 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 5, 2021

267 by jumbosan »»
Apr 25, 4:42 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2022

536 by Term4738 »»
Apr 15, 8:02 PM

» Why is Tengen so underrated? ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - Mar 15

52 by Leon888 »»
Apr 7, 10:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.